Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

My take on Trinity

No other god, thus gods.
You are basically saying satan is a god
He is, but he will die like a man.

(Psa 82:6 NIV) "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'
(Psa 82:7 NIV) But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler."

Last edited:
He is, but he will die like a man.

(Psa 82:6 NIV) "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'
(Psa 82:7 NIV) But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler."
Is it because they are gods? What of the ones who believe supernatural beings are gods?

John 10
34 Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God? 37 If I am not doing the works of My Father, then do not believe Me.

Last edited:
Deuteronomy 32:17
They sacrificed to demons that were no gods, to gods they had never known, to new gods that had come recently, whom your fathers had never dreaded.

Is it because they are gods? What of the ones who believe supernatural beings are gods?

John 10
34 Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God? 37 If I am not doing the works of My Father, then do not believe Me.
Jesus' point is that he would be a minor problem at best.

Isa 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD,
And besides Me there is no savior.

Should I say this is a temporary condition, since even a man can be a savior.
You are once again contradicting God's own words. What man can be a saviour in the same sense that God says he is a saviour?

I am the first and the last, beyone me, there is no the God.
What version is this with the changed wording? If it's your own wording, you must provide evidence to support it.

Isa 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. (ESV)

About his power, not his exclusivity.
Are you saying that God's power is not his exclusively? Really?

Is there the God ever apart from me? This is no Rock; I perceive none.

and there is no other YHWH, beyond him there is not God.
Again, the changed wording.

being a righteous God and a Savior. There is nothing out beyond me.
Yet again, the changed wording.

No other what? For I am the God, and there is no in what way.
That there is no other true God in existence besides Yahweh, not even true, living gods.

Same here. God did not say there were not other gods; he said there were no other gods beyond or like in certain moments.
Based on what? You need to provide evidence for your assertion. Monotheism is absolutely at the core of Judaism and Christianity. There are false gods and the one true, living God.

Jesus' point is that he would be a minor problem at best.
Certainly not a god.

The point was to accounts like this below, not supernatural beings are a god.

Exodus 7:1
And the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Last edited:
You are once again contradicting God's own words. What man can be a saviour in the same sense that God says he is a saviour?
Exactly my point. Men can be saviors, but not better saviors than God.

Isa 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. (ESV)
Besides him, there is not the God who is the first and last of his kind. But unless you know hebrew.

that there is no other true God in existence besides Yahweh, not even true, living gods.
There is a most high who is fully supernatural and not lesser supernatural.

Based on what? You need to provide evidence for your assertion. Monotheism is absolutely at the core of Judaism and Christianity. There are false gods and the one true, living God.
Yes, the most high is monos meaning unique. Hence, the term monotheism-- unique god.

Your terminology is unbiblical, but mine is.
“For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in
earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many).” 1 Corinthians 8:5 KJV

Last edited:
Certainly not a god.

The point was to accounts like this below, not supernatural beings are a god.

Exodus 7:1
And the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.
And this proves what? I did not say Jesus was a god, and Moses is not a one, but as a one.

It may well have seemed to Pharoah that Moses was a god, but this verse doesn't do anything to say angels of God aren't gods who will die like men.

Hey All,
Why does the Trinity need to contained to just one verse? That is a debater's trap. I can pull verses together as long as they are in context.

Jesus said to baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (generally accepted as the Trinity)

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Peter said, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts 2:36-38 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

If only one of those ways is the correct way to be baptized, which way is your choice?
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Your terminology is unbiblical, but mine is.
“For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in
earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many).” 1 Corinthians 8:5 KJV
Your terminology is unbiblical because you quote one verse and try to make a doctrine from it.

The context is about the pagan idols. Not rather spirit beings are gods.

1 Corinthians 8
4 So about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many so-called gods and lords),

And this proves what? I did not say Jesus was a god, and Moses is not a one, but as a one.

It may well have seemed to Pharoah that Moses was a god, but this verse doesn't do anything to say angels of God aren't gods who will die like men.
The people who God spoke to is the reference to gods because God had given them the message. Not supernatural beings are gods.

Back