Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Not every person Ever Born is a Child of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, it is.

Why are you asking this when I have made that clear, when that is what the doctrine of the Trinity teaches? Have you ever actually studied the doctrine of the Trinity?

Again, this is not the topic of this thread, so let's leave it at that.
I thought that someone might explain to me how someone who is truly man cannot be a human person.

Everything is about the future glory of God in Romans 8:18-30. He knows our beginnings and our endings and who will be His own and those who will reject Him. Not everyone born is a Spiritual child of God.
I was asking about vs29-30....because of your earlier statement, in post 15;
Not true as God never predestined the person who would or not be saved. What God predestined before the foundation of the world was His plan through Christ Jesus that all who will by faith believe in Him will have eternal life with Him.
Vs29-30 directly contradict your statement.

Everything is about the future glory of God in Romans 8:18-30. He knows our beginnings and our endings and who will be His own and those who will reject Him. Not everyone born is a Spiritual child of God.
He knows who are His, because the father has given them to Him.

Certainly it does. A truly man is truly a human person. Period.
Of course he is. Again, what you asked has no bearing whatsoever on the Trinity. You don’t even know what the doctrine teaches and so are asking questions that have no relevance to Trinitarians.

If you want to continue discussion of this, then please do so in the appropriate forum as this is off-topic.

Of course he is. Again, what you asked has no bearing whatsoever on the Trinity. You don’t even know what the doctrine teaches and so are asking questions that have no relevance to Trinitarians.
Trinitarians describe Jesus as “truly man”. that is part of WHO they say he is. They also say he is truly God by being the second person of the Trinity.
What I’m telling you is that “truly man” means the man is truly a human person.
Please tell me how Jesus can be said to be truly man without being a human person.

Trinitarians describe Jesus as “truly man”. that is part of WHO they say he is. They also say he is truly God by being the second person of the Trinity.
What I’m telling you is that “truly man” means the man is truly a human person.
Please tell me how Jesus can be said to be truly man without being a human person.
Again, your question shows you don‘t even know what the doctrine states, despite me having answered it already. Go actually study and see why your question has no bearing on Trinitarianism.

And, no more warnings, drop this topic in this thread. Start one in the appropriate forum if you want someone to discuss this.

Again, your question shows you don‘t even know what the doctrine states, despite me having answered it already. Go actually study and see why your question has no bearing on Trinitarianism.

And, no more warnings, drop this topic in this thread. Start one in the appropriate forum if you want someone to discuss this.
This issue was important enough to be main issues at the councils at Nicea and Chalcedon

He knows who are His, because the father has given them to Him.
I agree with this, but God's longsuffering and patience is not going to last forever and not all will turn back to Him.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

I was asking about vs29-30....because of your earlier statement, in post 15;

Vs29-30 directly contradict your statement.
One has to read the full context to understand what one or two verses mean. Try going back and read the full I gave.

I agree with this, but God's longsuffering and patience is not going to last forever and not all will turn back to Him.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Everyone in 2 Pet.3:9.......is going to be saved. Not one will perish. Peter is speaking of the elect people and those who would be saved in the future., Not one will be lost. It is the beloved, the To-usward....

One has to read the full context to understand what one or two verses mean. Try going back and read the full I gave.
Nothing in the full context of Romans 8, changes anything. Paul is speaking of the elect believers who are foreknown and kept by God. Nothing earlier changes one bit of it..It is called the Golden Chain of Redemption for a reason. From David Huffstetler:
For the sheer sake of encouraging us in our salvation, I just want to briefly look at these five links in the “golden chain” of salvation. Each of the highlighted words above are verbs, and their actions are by God. The one who loves God knows himself to be recipient of these five actions, and the listing of these actions together explains how God works all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). Let’s define each link of the chain in the order as they are listed by Paul.

God foreknew—this the action of God in eternity past whereby He placed His special affection upon some in order for them to receive the benefits of salvation.

God predestined—this is the action of God in eternity past whereby He sovereignly and graciously made certain that those upon whom He had placed His eternal love would indeed receive salvation and its blessings.

God called—this is the action of God during the life of the sinner whereby He effectively and imperceptibly brings the sinner to Himself through the general call of the gospel and the work of the Holy Spirit, an effectual calling, which, as best I can understand, is simultaneously joined by the faith of the sinner.

God justified—this is the action of God at the moment of faith whereby God declares the believer righteous and forever treats Him accordingly.

God glorified—this is the action of God in the future wherein God will eternally deliver the believer from the presence of sin in the entirety of his being.

Paul does not list out every item in the order of salvation in Romans 8:29–30.2 What he does list, however, are some of the key actions of God related to our salvation to explain how all things ultimately work together for our good (cf. Romans 8:28). Knowing that we love God and that our salvation is secure from eternity past to future, we are encouraged that nothing can ever separate us from the saving love of God in Christ to us (Romans 8:31–39, especially 8:35 and 8:39). An unbreakable chain, indeed!

That wasn’t the issue at all; Jesus’s humanity was never in question. Now drop it.
Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean I’m off topic.
The OP is about children of God. And since Jesus is a son of God, he is therefore a child of God. All sons of God are children of God. And God is called thier Father.

Nothing in the full context of Romans 8, changes anything. Paul is speaking of the elect believers who are foreknown and kept by God. Nothing earlier changes one bit of it..It is called the Golden Chain of Redemption for a reason. From David Huffstetler:
For the sheer sake of encouraging us in our salvation, I just want to briefly look at these five links in the “golden chain” of salvation. Each of the highlighted words above are verbs, and their actions are by God. The one who loves God knows himself to be recipient of these five actions, and the listing of these actions together explains how God works all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). Let’s define each link of the chain in the order as they are listed by Paul.

God foreknew—this the action of God in eternity past whereby He placed His special affection upon some in order for them to receive the benefits of salvation.

God predestined—this is the action of God in eternity past whereby He sovereignly and graciously made certain that those upon whom He had placed His eternal love would indeed receive salvation and its blessings.

God called—this is the action of God during the life of the sinner whereby He effectively and imperceptibly brings the sinner to Himself through the general call of the gospel and the work of the Holy Spirit, an effectual calling, which, as best I can understand, is simultaneously joined by the faith of the sinner.

God justified—this is the action of God at the moment of faith whereby God declares the believer righteous and forever treats Him accordingly.

God glorified—this is the action of God in the future wherein God will eternally deliver the believer from the presence of sin in the entirety of his being.

Paul does not list out every item in the order of salvation in Romans 8:29–30.2 What he does list, however, are some of the key actions of God related to our salvation to explain how all things ultimately work together for our good (cf. Romans 8:28). Knowing that we love God and that our salvation is secure from eternity past to future, we are encouraged that nothing can ever separate us from the saving love of God in Christ to us (Romans 8:31–39, especially 8:35 and 8:39). An unbreakable chain, indeed!
Excellent.

Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean I’m off topic.
The OP is about children of God. And since Jesus is a son of God, he is therefore a child of God. All sons of God are children of God. And God is called thier Father.
Jesus is not just a son of God, he is the unique, one and only Son of God. That is the main message of John.

Jesus is not just a son of God, he is the unique, one and only Son of God. That is the main message of John.
The uniqueness of Jesus is that God caused Mary to conceive. But her child was a son of Abraham. Jesus was a Jewish man, a Jewish person. Genealogy’s do not belong to non-human persons.

The uniqueness is found in John 1:1-18.

Obviously. That goes without saying.
It’s totally bizarre for people to
teach that Mary did not give birth to a human person.
Human people do human things like pray. Jesus prayed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back