Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for me as im trying to enter into a new frontier in life

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
MayGodHeal

Hi M,
I read through some of your post, not all of it.
I don't know if what you're experiencing is a set of problems - it just sounds like regular life to me.
But, of course, I'm not here to belittle what you believe are problems, because reality is subjective and if you think they are, well then they are.

A friend of mine just wrote a self-help book. Every day he puts a quote on facebook and asks what it means.
Here's today's quote:
IT'S EASIER TO PUT ON SLIPPERS THAN TO CHANGE THE CARPETING.

Think on that for a while !

Also, I came by to post what I think about these women.
There was a time, long long ago, when women would kind of wait around and see if the guy was interested in them.
Pretty good idea because if a guy is not interested in the woman, not much will happen unless he's really desperate...
and who wants a desperate man? Not the "good ones".

Now with all these TV programs, series, movies and all kinds of entertainment, including instagram, facebook and whatever else is out there, it seems the best quality a woman could have is to look really enticing at every moment of the day, and to actually do the chasing after the man. This is the modern way. So for some guys, this must be great. For other guys this must be a pain. Looks to me like you're lucky in one way - but not in the other.

I don't know where we're headed, but it's not looking good.
We've lost our way and everything is up side down.

So get your gas stove...
and watch those gals!

wondering doesnt seem like regular life, if this is a reoccurring problem. Like I said my 2 problems right now is stress on the roads, angry impatient drivers and the women at work.

The work issue with women seem to be isolated. It didn't happen to this extent before and it's just that I have my own set of problems, like anyone else with dealing with inflation, so its like I cant date anyone, nor have I really been on much of any dates. I'm 42 years old going on 43. Never seen so much attention from one woman let alone multiple, at the same place.

People's driving habits have gotten worse over the years. And it seems that people speeding on highways really isn't a concern anymore.

wondering doesnt seem like regular life, if this is a reoccurring problem. Like I said my 2 problems right now is stress on the roads, angry impatient drivers and the women at work.

The work issue with women seem to be isolated. It didn't happen to this extent before and it's just that I have my own set of problems, like anyone else with dealing with inflation, so its like I cant date anyone, nor have I really been on much of any dates. I'm 42 years old going on 43. Never seen so much attention from one woman let alone multiple, at the same place.

People's driving habits have gotten worse over the years. And it seems that people speeding on highways really isn't a concern anymore.
I think part of it is that, I think, you just notice it more.
I started noticing more things about life after I became born again.
Maybe it's because we know what to attribute it to? (satan)
Maybe we just have more light and can see better?

I do hear about a lot of stuff going on over there regarding road rage.
Be careful is all I can say. Keep out of people's way and ignore them the best you can.
Woman...there's a lot of loneliness and some don't know how to deal with it, so the burden is on you.
It's on you in the sense that it's bothering you, not that you're responsible for solving their problem of loneliness.
Do you think it's possible for a guy and gal to be "just friends"?

wondering could be, but I stopped talking to women in 2008. Decided mingling with work women is not a good approach. One lady did try to talk to me but she was married. Afterwards a bunch of women started trying to get me to talk to them. I don't think I'm noticing it more, maybe being more cautious but to me it seems like something is off.

Well, unfortunately part of the 'can we just be friends' seem to have worked better outside of work. I don't go out as much anymore but well again I just would prefer to be left alone from women at work.

As for driving, well praying God is protecting me from the crazies. I don't want to pick a fight with anyone nor deal with these people always in a hurry.

wondering could be, but I stopped talking to women in 2008. Decided mingling with work women is not a good approach. One lady did try to talk to me but she was married. Afterwards a bunch of women started trying to get me to talk to them. I don't think I'm noticing it more, maybe being more cautious but to me it seems like something is off.

Well, unfortunately part of the 'can we just be friends' seem to have worked better outside of work. I don't go out as much anymore but well again I just would prefer to be left alone from women at work.

As for driving, well praying God is protecting me from the crazies. I don't want to pick a fight with anyone nor deal with these people always in a hurry.
Maybe you're just good looking and a good guy !
Not easy to find these days.
Sounds like you're smart -- just keep going this way.

Is that the Enterprise up there?
Mean anything special?

for_his_glory I do have an issue with "keeping up with traffic" if it means you are speeding. It's an excuse to make speeding legal and the police won't pull people over for doing 70 in a 55. My next door neighbor has the same issue. While trying to stick to the right is the ideal solution it's not always working because on the drive home I have to use middle lanes and close to the end I can then stick to the far right lane.

Anyway yesterday I ended up running a red light, turning left apparently because it switches to red within seconds. Also looks like they installed a red light camera.. I don't know if it was active but they need to change the timing, there should be a sensor on it allowing vehicles to pass.

Setting the light to 3 seconds or so is just sneaky and evil, something the Chicago area has a problem with. I don't have a clue what number to call if there was one.
There is nothing we can do about aggressive drivers, but to mind ourself while driving and our attitude towards them. Other words, just try to be safe.

There is nothing we can do about aggressive drivers, but to mind ourself while driving and our attitude towards them. Other words, just try to be safe.

Well there is, we can pray the aggressive drivers away by asking God for his assistance. Let God handle them and deal with them and pray they keep away from us. Its dangerous, your life is in danger everytime one of these people are around you.

Well there is, we can pray the aggressive drivers away by asking God for his assistance. Let God handle them and deal with them and pray they keep away from us. Its dangerous, your life is in danger everytime one of these people are around you.
I never fear that of what God protects me from as I have had many close calls.

Never seen so much attention from one woman let alone multiple, at the same place.
Start eating a lot of raw garlic it is good for you and everyone will keep their distance :) .
I noticed after people got back on the roads after the lock downs , people pulling out into traffic at the wrong time , just crazy stuff .

wondering well from what I can tell these particular women at my job seems to struggle with controlling their hormones. Women approaching me is nothing new. I've had a couple try in the past. Pre 2006 I was just shy. After that and after failing to find someone I discovered God may have a different plan for me. But beyond that I got to be able to focus on my job. I work with heavy machinery after all 🥴

The other thing is if they are just trying to be friendly why not ask a guy to ask me what they want? It's like when I was In a different plant at my job, before Covid guys would always ask me why I'm not approaching women. Now if they did I would just have to make it clear I don't really interact with women I work with for obvious reasons, and it's nothing personal with them either.

for_his_glory true. There are ways to calm down aggressive drivers, we just have to find out what those are. Part of it is talking and praying about it. Drivers act aggressively and road rage because there isn't any punishment if there is no police for an example. Yes the police can't be everywhere at once but I think there is a ton of improvements on that. Particularly they don't really enforce speed limits on highways unless you're blasting past one of.them.

hawkman 🤣🤣

seems like they wouldn't notice. I wear a dirty jacket to work on purpose because the area I work in isn't completely warm for one and the other is to try to deter the women there. Since that doesn't seem to work either doubtful raw garlic would.

Is that the Enterprise up there?
Mean anything special?

Forgot to reply to this.. 🥴

Enterprise E from the Star Trek Next Gen movies. Really cool starship. Wished they had more movies with it. I had linked something to when I registered here and had the Enterprise E as the icon.

Special as in yes cool starship, would dream about running the ship through space. If we had this sort of technology it would be great..that's if we ever reach a utopian lifestyle. For awhile America was a little like that I think..

ccec7d2ec310b820770a37adc431607a.jpg

Here's a shot from below.

Forgot to reply to this.. 🥴

Enterprise E from the Star Trek Next Gen movies. Really cool starship. Wished they had more movies with it. I had linked something to when I registered here and had the Enterprise E as the icon.

Special as in yes cool starship, would dream about running the ship through space. If we had this sort of technology it would be great..that's if we ever reach a utopian lifestyle. For awhile America was a little like that I think..
Well, it looks like the old Enterprise, but only better. More modern.

As to Utopia....
We never had Utopia,,,
Here's a good saying:

TODAY'S LAMENTED MODERN WAYS,
WILL BE TOMORROW'S GOOD OLE' DAYS.

Maybe the 50's were a nice period of growth of the middle class and progress that didn't actually damage humanity.
MAYBE.

Here's the crew I remember and love the best:

1674329552005.jpeg

Oh boy.
I think I just gave a way my age.
Oh, wait.
I was only a year old at the time!
:hysterical

wondering we're definitely not in an utopia, like I said only a hint. People working together for the most and a full utopia isn't achievable with evil. Even then in the Star Trek universe a utopia was difficult to achieve. Deep Space 9 really got into testing humans ability to keep the peace.

Yeah the designers looked like they went off the original Kirk's Enterprise design with that.

I grew up watching the original series and later on got into The Next Generation. Growing up though I watched the original movies the most. The Voyage Home, I watched a whole lot.

Star-Trek-Original-Series-Cast.jpg

Welcome to the forum. No one is judging you. I wouldn't get involved with the women at your job or any where else. Second Timothy chapter 3, were in perilous times. Its getting more evil. Understand, most of these women are led by the flesh. The flesh is contrary to the spirt. Fornication, lust, adultery, stealing, habitual lying, gossip, slander, envy, get the picture. I had similar experiences at old job many years ago. I ignored them, and later I had to transfer to another store. They found out I was Christian and the environment was so toxic, I had no choice but to move on. If your a Mechanic? Try surveying other jobs. They might pay better? I can point you to first Corinthians chapter 6, light and darkness have nothing in common. If you're intent in dating. Find woman who has similar values and beliefs. You don't want anyone to compromise your values and beliefs. Here's wisdom my friend. Psalm 73:1. Truly God is good to Israel, Even to such as are of a clean heart. 73:2. But as for me, my feet were almost gone; My steps had well nigh slipped. 73:3. For I was envious at the foolish, When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 73:17. Until I went into the sanctuary of God, Then I understand their end. My friend, the wicked are on slippery slope to hell. Their minds are on earthly things and not above. Walking in the flesh ends in destruction. Walk in the spirit !. 73:24. THOU SHALT GUIDE ME WITH THY COUNSEL, AND AFTER WARD RECIEVE ME TO GLORY. Pray for counsel to Jesus and repent sins to God. Ask Jesus to lead you, and explain your problems to Him. Jesus will give you way out. Pray and talk to the Father.

Anaphora thank you. I don't get involved with any woman period. Since I'm already planning on moving to a different state that won't be a problem, currently I'm a machine operator. It's several women who are regularly putting themselves in my way. While I don't think they're evil they are succumbing to their lust inhibitions.

For now I just have to deal with it. Moving out of state as the state itself is toxic, pay too much and not getting anything out of it so looking for a state where I can move on and grow. Anyway thank you again.

Also I have been getting strange dreams about my old jobs in retail.. or should I say keep getting dreams about me pushing carts. It's kind of concerning to me.. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Ugh, still having issues with this one QC lady at work. Just her being around irritates me. I don't understand, because other QC women sometimes will check my parts.. most of them never bothered me...

I don't know why this keeps happening but I got new tires 2 years ago and I keep finding nails. I woke up today to go to work and find a flat tire on my car, something in there half the size of a dime is sticking out of the tire.

Can't move the vehicle nor can I change it until when people are up because I don't want to make any noise.. anyway gotta miss a day of work because a gotta take the tire in and gotta check the wheel sensors as there's a problem with one of them. Fun...

Back