Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Praying to Mary

Catholics do not worship a statue (nor do they worship Mary).

Proof is in the pictures and even my own mother when she was a Catholic was taught to bow down, worship and pray to Mary. I could show more pics of what Catholics bow down to and worship, but you would not believe these pics either.

How do you know they are worshipping Mary?
You don't know what is in their hearts.

If that is not Mary they are kneeling to then what statue is that?
How do I know, my mother and her side of the family were all Catholics. Plus an ex-boyfriend that I went to Mass with once in a while all bowed before her upon entering the Chapel.

Scripture alone in not a biblical practice.

Does this mean you reject what has been written in the scriptures? Maybe this is why you never post any supporting scriptures to back up what you say about Mary.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Does this mean you reject what has been written in the scriptures? Maybe this is why you never post any supporting scriptures to back up what you say about Mary.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Of course I do not reject what is written in scripture.
I may well reject your interpretation of it though.

Regarding the above scripture.; non of the above say that scripture alone is all that is necessary.

So do you deny that Jesus is God?

I deny that Jesus wasn’t a human being with flesh. That’s what Mary gave birth too.

His Spirit, the Spirit of Christ is God.

GOD is Spirit.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24

JLB

I don't know. But we celebrate her birthday on the 8th September.

Just kinda made up a date and decided that was her birthday?

People make up all kinds of things, but that doesn’t mean it’s true or biblical.

We as children of God, go by what Jesus taught us.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Those who go beyond the teaching of Christ and teach heresy, won’t inherit the kingdom of God.

JLB

I deny that Jesus wasn’t a human being with flesh. That’s what Mary gave birth too.

His Spirit, the Spirit of Christ is God.

GOD is Spirit.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24

JLB

I believe, as do most Christians, that Jesus was fully human and fully divine, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity.
He is both God and man.

Just kinda made up a date and decided that was her birthday?

People make up all kinds of things, but that doesn’t mean it’s true or biblical.

We as children of God, go by what Jesus taught us.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Those who go beyond the teaching of Christ and teach heresy, won’t inherit the kingdom of God.

JLB

Did Christ teach we should drive cars, ride in aeroplanes, post of internet forums, and a thousand other things we do that are not in the Bible?

If that is not Mary they are kneeling to then what statue is that?
How do I know, my mother and her side of the family were all Catholics. Plus an ex-boyfriend that I went to Mass with once in a while all bowed before her upon entering the Chapel.

Bowing is not worship.
Bowing to another person is giving honour, respect to them.

Did Christ teach we should drive cars, ride in aeroplanes, post of internet forums, and a thousand other things we do that are not in the Bible?

Brother His teachings from the Bible: Biblical Doctrine.

Did Jesus forbid abortion’s?

JLB

Bowing is not worship.
Bowing to another person is giving honour, respect to them.

Bowing down to statues is giving honor and respect to an idol that should only be given to God.

JLB

Back