Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Praying to Mary

Necromancy —

the supposed practice of communicating with the dead,...

It doesn’t matter what reason. It’s Necromancy.

Speaking to the dead, communication with the dead, (someone who has physically died) in prayer in forbidden by God.

JLB

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Reactions: JLB
Please can we keep to the topic.

That is the topic as most Catholics bow down to statues of Mary and pray to it and worship it.

Attachments

• A7C824AD-55AC-4DB3-956F-50D697DB2FC8.jpeg
    A7C824AD-55AC-4DB3-956F-50D697DB2FC8.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 1
Please can we keep to the topic.

This is very much on topic, especially when someone hand makes an image of Mary, not even knowing what she even looked like, that Catholics bow down to, pray and worship before a graven image. I have read through five pages and yet you have never given any scripture that you said you would that says we are to bow down to Mary or any other saints of God that are now dead laying in their graves. No one has ever ascended up to heaven when they died.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 3:13 - Only Jesus ascended into heaven.

Yes, only Jesus ascended up to heaven, not Mary or any other saints that you have said that are in heaven

Rom 8:34 What relevance does this have?

It is Jesus, not Mary that sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us before the Father.

1Tim 2:5 - see post #46

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Pretty much self explanatory that it is not Mary being our mediator or who makes intercession for us.

Why do you refute the scriptures?

When we ask others to pray for us it's the power of prayer in unison of love for each other as we stand in agreement for their need as we send our petitions up to Christ who makes intercession before the Father in our behalf.

How can someone who is dead laying in a grave pray for anyone one. It's impossible.

1599516108312.png 1599516363186.png

Family praying to Mary and Priest worshiping Mary. Why do Catholics reject God's second commandment?

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

Reactions: JLB
Demanding a specific phrase or explicit statement of a practice is a man made requirement.

How does it contradict scripture?
mary is no longer mentioned in the 4 gospels after the resurrection
Because of Mary's singular cooperation with the action of the Holy Spirit, the Church loves to pray in communion with the Virgin Mary, to magnify with her the great things the Lord has done for her, and to entrust supplications and praises to her.
once again this is NOT bible NO PLACE IN SCRIPTURES we dont magnify mary we magnify the Lord

This is very much on topic, especially when someone hand makes an image of Mary, not even knowing what she even looked like, that Catholics bow down to, pray and worship before a graven image. I have read through five pages and yet you have never given any scripture that you said you would that says we are to bow down to Mary or any other saints of God that are now dead laying in their graves. No one has ever ascended up to heaven when they died.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Mary did not ascend to heaven when she died.

Yes, only Jesus ascended up to heaven, not Mary or any other saints that you have said that are in heaven
Good. We agree on something.

It is Jesus, not Mary that sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us before the Father.
Yes, Jesus sits on the right hand of the Father. We agree on something.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Pretty much self explanatory that it is not Mary being our mediator or who makes intercession for us.

Why do you refute the scriptures?

I don't refute scriptures.
Read post #46

View attachment 10098 View attachment 10100

Family praying to Mary and Priest worshiping Mary. Why do Catholics reject God's second commandment?

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

How do you know they are worshipping Mary?
You don't know what is in their hearts.

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y M U M

Today Catholics celebrate the birthday of our Blessed Mother, Mary, the mother of God.

:woot2 :dancing :sohappy

Mary is not the Mother of God.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24

Mary gave birth to the flesh and blood, the body of Jesus Christ.

JLB
Matthew 1:18-25, Matthew 2:11, Mark 6:3, John 2:3-5, and others clearly identify Mary as Jesus' mother.

How is it wrong?
Is Mary not the mother of Jesus?
Is Jesus not God?
Here's one place where I find that Catholic doctrine lacks consistency. I don't recall if it was you or not but a while back we had a discussion about whether or not Jesus had brothers and sisters by birth through Mary and Joseph. We presented Scripture evidence to support this, such as Mark 6:3, Matthew 12:46, Matthew 13:55-56, and others, however, the argument was that Catholic doctrine disagrees and says the the terms brother/sister are used as we do when we refer to brothers and sisters in Christ. Yet, when Jesus is told that His mother was waiting to see him, His response was, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

Now you say Mary was Jesus' mother.

Mary as Jesus' mother.

Of course Mary, the Virgin Mary, is the mother of the Man Jesus Christ.

Mary gave birth to flesh and blood.

Mary is not the mother of God.

God is Spirit.

JLB

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y M U M

Today Catholics celebrate the birthday of our Blessed Mother, Mary, the mother of God.

:woot2 :dancing :sohappy

Why do you capitalize Mother.

Do you believe Mary is your God?

JLB

Back