Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Proof of Trinity

No. I got the impression (by your agreement with Gregg and others) that you're calling me a blasphemer because I stand with Jesus in His statement that He is the Son of God, not God.

Have I misinterpreted you?

Well, lets talk about that in a Christian manner, I will respect you in your belief system if you will return the favor.

Now, as I see it, if you don't believe that the Christ Jesus is not part of the very essence of the Godhead, then you would have a problem with the forgiveness of your sins. Upon studying the account of Messiah's conception and birth, from Isaiah's prophecy through any Scripture relating to Messiah, you have to come to grips with Jesus' Blood. With anything that has anything to do with Christ Jesus, the foundation of His appearance on the earth has to do with the blotting out of the handwriting of sin's against those of Whom He came to save. The only way our sin's can be forgiven is through Perfect Blood. If Jesus the Christ is anything other than the Essence of God, there is no perfect Blood. The Blood that flowed through Jesus, had its origin in the essence of God and was Perfect Blood!

Who did Isaiah see sitting on the throne in Isa 6:1?

God the Father
or
the Son of God

Isa. 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

And the government will rest on His shoulders;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Isa. 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

Isa 9:6 is one of the most beautiful verses in all of the Bible; undemanding in its simplicity but with profound implication. I am hoping that a non-trinitarian will reply with a succinct answer.

In Isaiah 6:1, the prophet observed the Lord sitting on a throne. But who did Isaiah see sitting there;

God the Father
or
the Son of God?

Last edited:
Isaiah 6:1 (KJV)
1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

John 6:46 (KJV)
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

We should be most concerned with the protocols of heaven - because, as God says, I the Lord thy God am a jealous God. My glory will I not give to another: and other words like that.
We should be concerned with words like that, words like "My glory will I not give to another"?

Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. (ESV)

Jesus clearly states that not only did he exist before the world existed, he shared the Father's glory. Care to explain?

John 1.14: 'we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth'.

John 1.18: 'No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.'

Blessings.

We should be concerned with words like that, words like "My glory will I not give to another"?

Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. (ESV)

Jesus clearly states that not only did he exist before the world existed, he shared the Father's glory. Care to explain?
What did Jesus say?

'Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven'. Right? Right.

If we were foreknown before the foundation of the world (Eph 1), then for how long has our treasure been there?

Answer, from before the foundation of the world. Right? Right.

And what form will that reward take?

Answer, some form of glorification. Right? Right.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

So our glory, has been with the Father since before the foundation of the world. Right? Right.

So when Jesus asks God to glorify Him with the glory which he had with Him since before the foundation of the world, He is simply saying that that glory was (like ours), laid up in heaven for Him.

Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

In other words, it was laid up in heaven for Him since the year dot, and He was now going to receive it. As Hebrews 12 says:

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And being made like unto His brethren, who will be glorified for their sufferings, He received that glory at His ascension, being (1Ti 3:16)...received up into glory.

I recommend a careful reading of 2 Cor 4 on the subject, which says inter alia

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

So the Lord's glory, which He had with the Father, was laid up with the Father from before the foundation of the world.

As is ours, which we are yet to receive. You will note that we were not there!

That, however, is not what Isaiah is talking about when he said 'my glory will I not give to another.' There is a glory which properly belongs to a King which cannot be shared with anyone or anything else.

Similarly here. The Great King has, and is entitled to a glory which, as He has stated exceedingly clearly, He will not give to another - because He has no equals. Not even His Son, whom He has exalted as far as it is possible to do.

That is the protocol of heaven to which I was referring.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
John 1.14: 'we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth'.

John 1.18: 'No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.'

Blessings.

Who did John the Baptist come announcing?

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (The word is Jehovah – the official name of God)
Isa 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee . .
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Mat_1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

BUT

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

In a time future, our Father will again escalate Jesus to rule in that power He gave up. He has been given the power in Mat 28:18 but has not taken it yet which He will in the Day of the Lord.

Rev 1:8 (Jesus said) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Though Jesus rules as God here, 1 Cor 15:27 For He (Our Father) hath put all things under His (Jesus) feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. All things will not include our Father being subject to Jesus.

And then 1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him (Our Father) that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

However one wants to divide God, He remains One in purpose for our sakes. Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

What did Jesus say?

If we were foreknown before the foundation of the world (Eph 1), then for how long has our treasure been there?

Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

So our glory, has been with the Father since before the foundation of the world. Right? Right.

So when Jesus asks God to glorify Him with the glory which he had with Him since before the foundation of the world, He is simply saying that that glory was (like ours), laid up in heaven for Him.

Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

In other words, it was laid up in heaven for Him since the year dot, and He was now going to receive it. As Hebrews 12 says:

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And being made like unto His brethren, who will be glorified for their sufferings, He received that glory at His ascension, being (1Ti 3:16)...received up into glory.

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

So the Lord's glory, which He had with the Father, was laid up with the Father from before the foundation of the world.

That, however, is not what Isaiah is talking about when he said 'my glory will I not give to another.' There is a glory which properly belongs to a King which cannot be shared with anyone or anything else.

Similarly here. The Great King has, and is entitled to a glory which, as He has stated exceedingly clearly, He will not give to another - because He has no equals. Not even His Son, whom He has exalted as far as it is possible to do.

I hope that helps.

All this posting back and forth will prove fruitless. You are avoiding the question of Jesus' Blood. Answer that if you can. Where does the jesus that you believe in get his blood? And how?

What did Jesus say?

I hope that helps.
It helps to understand something alright but not at all to what Jesus meant when he said, "Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed." He makes a very plain statement which is easily understood and very consistent with the rest of the book of John, yet you require all sorts of presupposition and jumping around Scripture.

Jesus' statement makes it clear that he existed before the world existed and shared in the Father's glory. Simple as that.

Isa 45:21~~
21 “Declare and set forth your case;

Indeed, let them consult together.

Who has announced this from of old?

Who has long since declared it?

Is it not I, theLord?

And there is no other God besides Me,

A righteous God and a Savior;

There is none except Me.

Titus 2:13~~13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Rev 1:7-8~~
7BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Isa 9:6~~6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

Who did Isaiah see sitting on the throne in Isa 6:1?

God the Father
or
the Son of God

1) If someone answers that Isaiah saw God the Father [whose Name is YHWH], then they have to deny that "No one has seen God [the Father] at any time" (Jn 1:18);

or,

2) if someone answers that Isaiah saw the Son of God sitting of His throne, then they have to confess the LORD Jesus, YHWH the Son of God.

According to John 12:41, Isaiah saw the Son of God sitting on His throne. He "saw the Lord" (Adonay Isa 6:1), the "LORD of hosts" (YHWH Isa 6:3), "the King, the LORD of hosts" and that with his eyes (Isa 6:5).

"These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him" (John 12:41).

- - -

The Name YHWH belongs to the Father and to the Son, One God; but it is the Son whom Isaiah saw sitting on the throne, and who took the name Jesus Christ upon His Incarnation. So Christians confess the LORD Jesus (Rom 10:9).

Isa 45:21~~
21 “Declare and set forth your case;

Indeed, let them consult together.

Who has announced this from of old?

Who has long since declared it?

Is it not I, theLord?

And there is no other God besides Me,

A righteous God and a Savior;

There is none except Me.

Titus 2:13~~13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Yeah but doesn't that come out of one of those Trinitarian Bible things? You know, the ones that are the "vast majority" today that are published and printed with Trinitarian money?

The kind of money that is labeled "In God Gods we trust".

Rev 22:12-13~~12“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Rev 22:20~~20He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Isa 40:10~~10Behold, the Lord GOD will come with might,
With His arm ruling for Him.
Behold, His reward is with Him
And His recompense before Him.

If one denies the Deity of the Son of God, then he is playing a shell game with the truth, moving the truth here and there.

He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; keep on looking, but do not understand. Render the hearts of this people insensitive, their ears dull, and their eyes dim; otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and return and be healed.' " (Isaiah 6:9-10)

He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; keep on looking, but do not understand. Render the hearts of this people insensitive, their ears dull, and their eyes dim; otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and return and be healed.' " (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Why is it that some people cannot understand the Triune God and even claim it's not taught in scripture, except in "Trinitarian Bibles", that is?

John 10:6 Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what it was that he was saying to them.

Why does Jesus say things in parables?

Matthew 13:10
[ The Reason for the Parables ] And the disciples came up and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?”

Matthew 13:13
For this reason I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand,

[But why is it that some people don't understand?]

15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
and with their ears they hear with difficulty,
and they have shut their eyes,

Note: this is Jesus recorded saying this in Matt, yet quoting Isaiah! And to think, He didn't even have Bible software.

And who told it to Isaiah in the first place? One guess. The Word, maybe?

Who are the ones that hear and understand The Word versus the people that misunderstand The Word? Trinitarians or non-Trinitarians? Good cops or bad cops?

17 Because of this the Father loves me, because I lay down my life [The Lamb] so that I may take possession of it again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down. ...

Hmm, The Father and The Lamb. Two persons, maybe? And what's up with The Lamb having possession of His own life? I thought God had possession of all humans' lives?

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s possession, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light,

And one guess as to who Peter meant by "the one".

5 They will give an account to the one who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

Who's the judge?

Why does it matter?

7 Therefore the honor is for you who believe, but for those who refuse to believe, ...

Oh well, such is the life of the Trinitarian:

14 If you are reviled on account of the name of Christ, you are blessed,

What's that, the name of who do we suffer? Oh yeah, Christ.

19 So then also those who suffer according to the will of God must entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing good.

What's that? Suffer according to who? Oh yeah, God, that's who.

Back