Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Qualifications For Rapture?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am not offended, I am just trying to understand the belief, and I guess I am baffled that you do not see the danger but thats ok I guess we agree to disagree.

Saying things like, "Who the heck are these people?" and being alarmist, claiming dangerous teaching, comes from having taken offense at something.

I have many friends who believe in the post-Trib rapture. We love each other dearly. It doesn't separate us, because we all know that our salvation is secure no matter what happens.

No, I haven't. But I'm all ears.

Pizzaguy,
Josephus was an eyewitness of the Jewish war. He was a Jewish historian & priest who initially was part of the rebellion against Rome. The only reason why his works are intact is bc he had predicted to Vespasian (the Roman emperor) that he (Vespasian) would be made emperor prior to AD69, when 3 emperors would come & go in a short time. Did he get that from Daniel 7? Very possibly- but it was a good call for Josephus- bc he won favor with the would be emperor, even if some of his fellow Jews named him a deserter.

Here are a few Q&A in preterism:
[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF] Did Jesus Christ return in 70 AD without fanfare?
[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]Answer: I wouldn't exactly call the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD an event "without fanfare." Jews today still commemorate it in some fashion in almost every joyous occasion they celebrate (the shattered goblet at Jewish weddings, and a special fast day every year in August are two ways in which they still remember the destruction). One of the chief rabbis from Connecticut, in the opening remarks of his lecture on "Post-Biblical Judaism," commented that he would begin the study of post-Biblical Judaism with "the end." Then he said, he would begin with 70 A.D., because 70 AD was "the end of Biblical Judaism". [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]Josephus, a Jewish priest and one of the ten Jewish generals who started the war with Rome in 66 A.D., gives his eyewitness account of that gruesome judgment which Jesus said was, "such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall" (Matt. 24:21) A few days later Jesus (at His trial) said the High Priest & the Sanhedrin, "shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Matt. 27:64) Josephus, Tacitus, Eusebius and the Talmud all record the FACT that God's presence was perceived at that awesome destruction. They even record that angelic armies were seen in the clouds. [/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF] Did the signs of his second coming (Mt. 24:27-30) already take place and nobody noticed them?
[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]Answer: Eusebius and other historians mention that the Christians definitely saw the signs and left Jerusalem. The Jews saw the signs too (according to Josephus and Tacitus), but they refused to acknowledge them as portending calamity for them. They stubbornly believed that God was about to establish a literal, physical Golden Age of the Messiah. So, the Jews stayed in Jerusalem and Judea to fight the war, believing God would somehow miraculously deliver them and give them their physical kingdom over Rome and the whole world. [/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF] How did Jesus reveal himself to the world at his 70 AD coming?
[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]Answer: The Jews knew who was judging them and why. Josephus stated that he felt that the judgment fell upon the Jews directly because of their persecution of the Christians. Even the Roman General Titus recognized that God was the one who delivered the Jews into His hand, and that without God's help he would never have been able to conquer the Jews. The Christians knew Christ returned to give them relief from the persecution. The whole Roman world saw God's righteous judgment and dispensing of universal salvation then. Christ's identity and the nature of the spiritual kingdom was revealed at 70 AD. [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF] If Jesus Christ came back in 70 AD—corporately, invisibly, symbolically, spiritually or however—why didn't anybody notice? Why hasn't history recorded this cosmic event?
[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]Answer: They did notice. It has been recorded. The problem is, no one reads history with spiritual perception. We are making the same mistake the Jews did. They were looking for a physical king and materialistic kingdom. They missed the spiritual kingdom Christ established. People today are missing the spiritual kingdom for exactly the same reason: they are looking for a physical paradise and fleshly, materialistic fulfillments. The kingdom is here now, we just need to open our eyes and realize it. [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,HELVETICA,SANS-SERIF]Besides, not all history is known to us. Tremendous volumes of ancient history were destroyed with the Alexandrian Library in A.D.391. The official history written by historians in the first century was only that which was approved by the Roman Emperor. [/FONT]

The loving Bridegroom would never allow His Bride to suffer what is intended for the wicked, at the hand of Satan. Nor would He allow His Bride to suffer at the hand of God.

Spiritually speaking, I find that tremendously logical.

I believe in the rapture, but I'm not a pre-Tribber; however, this is truth (even for those who don't believe in the rapture). Somewhere in Revelation(?) is speaks of the sun hurting the wicked and not afflicting the righteous. Anyone wanna help me out as to where that reference is in the Bible?

Last edited by a moderator:
God will take us through , there will be some who are walking with God whom the
enemy will not be able to harm ( the 2 witnesses), through not out , if it was out
how would anyone else be saved .

The Lord teaches us that we will be Raptured. Study Daniel's prophecy and correlate it with all others. You don't have to believe it. I do. It isn't dangerous!

It doesn't affect salvation, or one's consecration to the will of God or one's relationship with the living Christ.

Stop being offended by what people believe concerning eschatology. It has no bearing on one's walk with God.
Gotta disagree. It may affect one's salvation now bc God does not bless deception.
And it bothers me that you speak for God - "the Lord teaches us that we will be raptured" What like Blondie's song? Gotta love that. Don't you know the real meaning of rapture? It's when God receives you to Himself, when you die. You don't seem to understand what Paul meant in 1 Cor.15. The 1st resurrection in Rev. is spiritual.
But note it says 1st resurrection. So I gather when they were "gathered" corporately in the 1st century- they were the firstfruits to receive the Holy Spirit- & it explains that that was just the 1st resurrection- meaning there were more. "Blessed is he who dies in the Lord from now on."

I believe in the rapture, but I'm not a pre-Tribber; however, this is truth (even for those who don't believe in the rapture). Somewhere in Revelation(?) is speaks of the sun hurting the wicked and not afflicting the righteous. Anyone wanna help me out as to where that reference is in the Bible?

Okay, so I mixed up my Bible verses. Thanks to reba for the help!

Okay, here is the portion about the sun:

Rev 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Rev 16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
Rev 16:11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

and here is the portion about the righteous not being afflicted (but it is in reference to devilish creatures):

Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So whether one believes in the Rapture or not, it is truthful to say that God will not harm His beloved. Any persecution the Bride faces comes from the adversary, but obviously his persecution is not limited to the end times or we would all have happy carefree lives.

Gotta disagree. It may affect one's salvation now bc God does not bless deception.

It doesn't affect salvation. Many Christians are deceived despite their salvation. One's eschatology is an interpretation ONLY.

Preterism, however, is more than an eschatological view. It upsets the whole plan of God and what He is doing in the world.

And it bothers me that you speak for God - "the Lord teaches us that we will be raptured" What like Blondie's song? Gotta love that. Don't you know the real meaning of rapture? It's when God receives you to Himself, when you die. You don't seem to understand what Paul meant in 1 Cor.15. The 1st resurrection in Rev. is spiritual.
But note it says 1st resurrection. So I gather when they were "gathered" corporately in the 1st century- they were the firstfruits to receive the Holy Spirit- & it explains that that was just the 1st resurrection- meaning there were more. "Blessed is he who dies in the Lord from now on."
We are called to speak for God by His Spirit. If it bothers you that people live out their calling, the problem is internal, just as you have admitted.

The real meaning of the word, 'rapture' is from the use of the word, 'harpazo' which means:

to seize, carry off by force
to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly
to snatch out or away

1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 NLT
14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.
15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.

This isn't spiritual. It is literal. Preterism skews one's spiritual orientation so you don't know whether you're coming or going. Sad.

Okay, so I mixed up my Bible verses. Thanks to reba for the help!

Okay, here is the portion about the sun:

Rev 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Rev 16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
Rev 16:11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

and here is the portion about the righteous not being afflicted (but it is in reference to devilish creatures):

Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So whether one believes in the Rapture or not, it is truthful to say that God will not harm His beloved. Any persecution the Bride faces comes from the adversary, but obviously his persecution is not limited to the end times or we would all have happy carefree lives.

Who were these men???

Revelation 7:3-8 NLT
3 “Wait! Don’t harm the land or the sea or the trees until we have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.”
4 And I heard how many were marked with the seal of God—144,000 were sealed from all the tribes of Israel:

5 from Judah — 12,000
from Reuben — 12,000
from Gad — 12,000
6 from Asher — 12,000
from Naphtali — 12,000
from Manasseh — 12,000
7 from Simeon — 12,000
from Levi — 12,000
from Issachar — 12,000
8 from Zebulun — 12,000
from Joseph — 12,000
from Benjamin — 12,000

These are NOT the Bride.

Who were these men???

3 “Wait! Don’t harm the land or the sea or the trees until we have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.â€
4 And I heard how many were marked with the seal of God—144,000 were sealed from all the tribes of Israel:

5 from Judah — 12,000
from Reuben — 12,000
from Gad — 12,000
6 from Asher — 12,000
from Naphtali — 12,000
from Manasseh — 12,000
7 from Simeon — 12,000
from Levi — 12,000
from Issachar — 12,000
8 from Zebulun — 12,000
from Joseph — 12,000
from Benjamin — 12,000

These are NOT the Bride.

They are the Christians converted prior to 70AD (or thereabouts;)).
Does this offend you?
This interpretation stems from a wonderful parallel in the old testament, yet rather than a simple repeat of history, this episode is amplified by the presence of the only [thing] that was ever new under the sun; Jesus Christ.

They are the Christians converted prior to 70AD (or thereabouts;)).
Does this offend you?
This interpretation stems from a wonderful parallel in the old testament, yet rather than a simple repeat of history, this episode is amplified by the presence of the only [thing] that was ever new under the sun; Jesus Christ.

LOL! I bet many of them aren't born yet.

Of course a lie offends me, as it does the Lord God when people misapprehend the word of God, following false teachers. The only thing I can do about it is counter it with the TRUTH. After that, it is out of my hands and only Holy Spirit can correct those who are open to His voice.

Who were these men???

3 “Wait! Don’t harm the land or the sea or the trees until we have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.â€

5 from Judah — 12,000
from Reuben — 12,000
from Gad — 12,000
6 from Asher — 12,000
from Naphtali — 12,000
from Manasseh — 12,000
7 from Simeon — 12,000
from Levi — 12,000
from Issachar — 12,000
8 from Zebulun — 12,000
from Joseph — 12,000
from Benjamin — 12,000

These are NOT the Bride.

No. They are the elect.

{22} "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. Matthew 24:22 (NASB)

Christ had already told His disciples earlier in this passage to flee Jerusalem when they saw the signs. They did. So who was left in Jerusalem? The elect: the 144,000 that had come to their last Passover and who were trapped in the city by the Romans.

Thus, He had gathered His elect from the four winds. These were not Christians: these were the remnant God chose to save from His wrath poured out on Jerusalem via the Romans.

There is an OT analog to this:

{3} Then the glory of the God of Israel went up from the cherub on which it had been, to the threshold of the temple. And He called to the man clothed in linen at whose loins was the writing case. {4} The LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst."

{5}
But to the others He said in my hearing, "Go through the city after him and strike; do not let your eye have pity and do not spare. {6} "Utterly slay old men, young men, maidens, little children, and women, but do not touch any man on whom is the mark; and you shall start from My sanctuary." So they started with the elders who were before the temple. Ezekiel 9:3-6 (NASB)

The elect is the remnant of Israel spared throughout each and all of God's judgments on them.

No. They are the elect.

{22} "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. Matthew 24:22 (NASB)

Christ had already told His disciples earlier in this passage to flee Jerusalem when they saw the signs. They did. So who was left in Jerusalem? The elect: the 144,000 that had come to their last Passover and who were trapped in the city by the Romans.

Thus, He had gathered His elect from the four winds. These were not Christians: these were the remnant God chose to save from His wrath poured out on Jerusalem via the Romans.

{3} Then the glory of the God of Israel went up from the cherub on which it had been, to the threshold of the temple. And He called to the man clothed in linen at whose loins was the writing case. {4} The LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst."

{5}
But to the others He said in my hearing, "Go through the city after him and strike; do not let your eye have pity and do not spare. {6} "Utterly slay old men, young men, maidens, little children, and women, but do not touch any man on whom is the mark; and you shall start from My sanctuary." So they started with the elders who were before the temple. Ezekiel 9:3-6 (NASB)

The elect is the remnant of Israel spared throughout each and all of God's judgments on them.

I think that your interpretation on this is all wet...and fiction, to boot. The 144,000 are not the elect. This has not yet occurred!

Of course they will be believers---Israeli believers!

Revelation 14:4 NKJV
These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from
among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

The 144,000 are not the elect. This has not yet occurred!
Sure it did: 70 AD. Jerusalem (Mystery Babylon) destroyed by the Romans as judgment on it for crucifying Christ:
{43} "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it. {44} "And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust." {45} When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them. Matthew 21:43-45 (NASB)

{37} "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. {38} "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! Matthew 23:37-38 (NASB)

{23} 'And if by these things you are not turned to Me, but act with hostility against Me, {24} then I will act with hostility against you; and I, even I, will strike you seven times for your sins. {25} ~'I will also bring upon you a sword which will execute vengeance for the covenant; and when you gather together into your cities, I will send pestilence among you, so that you shall be delivered into enemy hands. Leviticus 26:23-25 (NASB)

{27} 'Yet if in spite of this you do not obey Me, but act with hostility against Me, {28} then I will act with wrathful hostility against you, and I, even I, will punish you seven times for your sins. {29} ~'Further, you will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters you will eat. {30} ~'I then will destroy your high places, and cut down your incense altars, and heap your remains on the remains of your idols, for My soul shall abhor you. {31} ~'I will lay waste your cities as well and will make your sanctuaries desolate, and I will not smell your soothing aromas. {32} ~'I will make the land desolate so that your enemies who settle in it will be appalled over it. {33} ~'You, however, I will scatter among the nations and will draw out a sword after you, as your land becomes desolate and your cities become waste. Leviticus 26:27-33 (NASB)

{20} "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. Luke 21:20 (NASB)

{22}because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. Luke 21:22 (NASB)

The Kingdom of God - Jerusalem, its Temple, and all Judea - taken from that generation in vengeance for breaking the covenant with God by killing His Son.

John didn't give a chapter to the Olivet Discourse in his gospel. He wrote a whole book about it. It's called "Revelation" and it harmonizes nicely with Christ's words in Matthew and Luke if you understand what was happening.

Preterism is a false belief. It seems to have taken over much of the discussion on this board of late. It is so absurd and outside of mainstream Christian belief, that it is not worthy of debate IMHO.

If you aren't joining in with the Church of Jesus Christ in the world today, looking with eagerness for His soon return, what fellowship do you have with us? What is the impetus behind your evangelization, or do you evangelize?

Preterism is a false belief.

I'm not a preterist. I take God's word at face value.

When John writes "soon" and "near"; when Jesus says "this generation", I take them at their word. I don't add anything to what they've made clear. That's not preterism. That's being faithful to the word of God.

If you aren't joining in with the Church of Jesus Christ in the world today, looking with eagerness for His soon return, what fellowship do you have with us?

I didn't know that seeing Christ return in the 1st century in judgment on Jerusalem disqualified someone from the Body of Christ.

And yes, I hold private Bible studies with co-workers when I have the chance, explaining to them - in part - the miracle of God's faithfulness in fulfilling His word.

I find that to be a better selling point than "repent or Jesus will come soon and send you to hell."

But, to each his own, I guess. :thumbsup

These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

One more thing: you skipped the first part of this chapter:

{1} Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. Revelation 14:1 (NASB)

In the NASB study Bible I have, there are two parallel passages cited. Here they are:
{4} The LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst." Ezekiel 9:4 (NASB)

In other words, men who were holy and faithful to God.

Other verse:
{3} saying, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads." Revelation 7:3 (NASB)

Finally, in Romans 9 we see this:

{27} Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED; {28} FOR THE LORD WILL EXECUTE HIS WORD ON THE EARTH, THOROUGHLY AND QUICKLY." {29} And just as Isaiah foretold, "UNLESS THE LORD OF SABAOTH HAD LEFT TO US A POSTERITY, WE WOULD HAVE BECOME LIKE SODOM, AND WOULD HAVE RESEMBLED GOMORRAH." Romans 9:27-29 (NASB)

God has always saved a remnant of Israel throughout all His judgments on them, thereby keeping the promises He made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

{5} In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice. Romans 11:5 (NASB)
This remnant is the elect: the 144,000.

No. They are the elect.

{5}

That's an interesting interpretation, but I don't think it holds up under scrutiny.
Notice I didn't call it a lie, and by extension call you a liar. I just think there is a better explanation, which I guess I'll either find from my old posts or write it up again. In general though, within the NT the 'elect' refers either to Christ or those in Christ. Christians prior to 70AD were still considered just another sect of Judaism, therefore qualified to be a remnant. The gathering refers to the emergence and separation of Christianity from Judaism after the parousia. Your OT analog shows what is parodied by the mark of the beast. The sealing of the 144K is their acceptance of the Gospel and indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 - In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sealed - Strong's G4972 - sphragizō
Mark - Strong's G5480 - charagma

And yes, I hold private Bible studies with co-workers when I have the chance, explaining to them - in part - the miracle of God's faithfulness in fulfilling His word.

I find that to be a better selling point than "repent or Jesus will come soon and send you to hell."

I am not totally sold on His coming in the first century, but I will listen.
Sure wish I could be there for those studies.

That's an interesting interpretation, but I don't think it holds up under scrutiny...Your OT analog shows what is parodied by the mark of the beast.

I believe this site:

The Mark Of The Beast

addresses all the issues surrounding the "mark of the beast" quite well.

As noted from the verses I cited in Romans, even in the 1st century, God was selecting a remnant of Israel that would survive His wrath, just as He had done in every prior outpouring of it before.

I don't believe God is finished with Israel, and I do believe that puts me at odds with a full-preterist view. But also as I wrote, I'm not a preterist: I just take God at His word. :thumbsup

Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. Revelation 14:1 (NASB)
{3} Moses said to the people, "Remember this day in which you went out from Egypt, from the house of slavery; for by a powerful hand the LORD brought you out from this place. And nothing leavened shall be eaten. Exodus 13:3 (NASB)

{8} "You shall tell your son on that day, saying, 'It is because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.' {9} "And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt. Exodus 13:8-9 (NASB)

{36} "You shall also make a plate of pure gold and shall engrave on it, like the engravings of a seal, 'Holy to the LORD.' {37} "You shall fasten it on a blue cord, and it shall be on the turban; it shall be at the front of the turban. {38} "It shall be on Aaron's forehead, and Aaron shall take away the iniquity of the holy things which the sons of Israel consecrate, with regard to all their holy gifts; and it shall always be on his forehead, that they may be accepted before the LORD. Exodus 28:36-38 (NASB)

The mark on the forehead in the OT was not just to remind them of what God had done for them through the Passover and their release from the bondage in Egypt, but it was to remind them that they were consecrated to God.

In the case of the passage in Ezekiel, it was put on those who remained faithful to the covenant and were thus delivered from God's wrath when the Babylonians besieged and sacked Jerusalem.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back