Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Questions about a certain Bible verse. Would like all input.

jasoncran said:
arsenic is poison, and its natural. use it and you die! and its sin.

it's not the plant that is sinful IT'S THE USE OF IT.

interesting comments by the dea and i see this alot and they are confirmed something that i heard about glaucoma from the wsj.

http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marijuana.html

Okay. Since that's what you believe, let me ask you a question.

A lot of people have committed horrific acts because it turns out that this was a potential side effect of their medicine. Some medicines actually help people die while others destroy lives. Are these medicines a sin to use?

Mike said:
As I said in another thread about marijuana, people can have a beer or a glass of wine without the intent to get drunk. Medical marijuana aside, no one smokes pot for any reason but to get high. Comparing pot to a Big Mac? :confused

Have you ever seen the film Thirty Days? Big mags will kill ya', and they're addictive, almost anything can be. I once knew a man who got addicted to vic's inhalers.

Corym said:
I can't say I agree with your link jason. I see it as propaganda; the government trying to keep people from thinking positive of the plant. I have found many websites that disagree, and say other things than that website. The only places I will see the same information said similar to your post is from government websites.

For example - http://www.doitnow.org/pages/126.html

This makes understanding any drug hard for me, as its hard to believe either side.
the goverment wants to help people get it in the best form possible.. what you saying is like this. i dont want the goverment to study peniccilin and i will grow the mold and take the penicillin on my own. :shrug

the old its the government conspiracy that wants to keep pot illegal doenst fly. as they have reasearched it and paid for marinol which is pot!!!!!!!! no smoking, no baking, no nothing. get to a doc, and get the prescription and get the pill.

my wifes physciatrist can write scrips on that and told me about it and my wife. she liked pot for her bp and he told her that pot wont help bp. so you tell me.

ronniechoate34 said:
jasoncran said:

interesting comments by the dea and i see this alot and they are confirmed something that i heard about glaucoma from the wsj.

A lot of people have committed horrific acts because it turns out that this was a potential side effect of their medicine. Some medicines actually help people die while others destroy lives. Are these medicines a sin to use?
use in proper medicine ie pot isnt a sin. but you are wanting to smoke it and not feel guilty, you aint fooling me. FOR IF YOU HAD need medical needs for mmj in its form marinol you could get it. its that simple.

mike here works in a medical field, and my wife has a serious side effect from taking the meds necessary to help here bp, called tardic dyskensia.

pot wont help here or me, as it only covers the cause of my pain. i take motrin for it, but now i am actually correcting the problem. my back.

marinol isnt that expensive if i recall.

i say agian why would you want to bake it when you can simply see a doc and get the proper treatment

are you suffering from cancer?
glaucoma
aids

marinol is admined for this and has been around since '85.

God doesn't want man in a drunk state of mind, or any altered state for that matter. Alcohol is bad, as well as tobacco. These have been proven to cause cancers, and both have been proven to be very addictive. Alcohol is very dangerous, and if you are drunk and are driving, you can cause wrecks, and even die. You can develop lung cancer from tobacco, and become extremely addicted to it.

The government wants to help us to get in the best form possible? False.

The government doesn't want to legalize marijuana because they cannot tax it, because it grows almost anywhere in extreme conditions.

I never said I was for it, you just assumed I was and hi-jacked my thread. To take this thread in this direction was uncalled for. It was bound to happen, as all threads alike would go into a government conspiracy phase, but all I'm asking is that you don't jump to conclusions like you seem to like to do.

Marinol, as Ive stated before, is synthetic. It having some artificial substances, makes it more unhealthy than the real deal, MJ.

then why ask? as most pro pot users always use that justify that stuff.
my wife loves pot so i here it all the time.

please. i dont buy that.

let me guess you are also pro socialized medicines. if you are then when that comes here, who in will supply the mmj?

hmm. pay for it and subsidize it.
i am for all legal and proper use of mmj. if its found to be useful, just so you know. but marinol has been around.

i hate alcohol , never liked it. i dont drink at all, in fact i never had one beer nor one glass of wine

i am for the prohibition but i dont see that it would have a biblical backing as some can drink alcohol in moderation. most cant.

i'm not wanting to offend you but i am calling it as i see it.

post the known side effects from the fda if you have it.

all drugs whether natural have side effects

i'm sure all those that like pot and abuse it dont get high when they bake it! my dog litteraly ate it and it laid that thing out for days.

jasoncran said:
then why ask? as most pro pot users always use that justify that stuff.
my wife loves pot so i here it all the time.

please. i dont buy that.

let me guess you are also pro socialized medicines. if you are then when that comes here, who in will supply the mmj?

hmm. pay for it and subsidize it.
i am for all legal and proper use of mmj. if its found to be useful, just so you know. but marinol has been around.

i hate alcohol , never liked it. i dont drink at all, in fact i never had one beer nor one glass of wine

i am for the prohibition but i dont see that it would have a biblical backing as some can drink alcohol in moderation. most cant.

i'm not wanting to offend you but i am calling it as i see it.

I think you got confused somewhere down the line.

I have been studying the facts about this plant for a while, and it kind of offends me to see people talking down to something that they have hardly any knowledge about, claiming its no good, and take what the media has to say about it.

The government, as we all know, isn't for the greater good. If they were, they would ban all drugs that have no use, such as alcohol, tobbaco, salvia, ect.

I have no desire to obtain MJ or MMJ, as I don't need it. I created this thread after many years of research to see what a group of people that are most likely good citizens would have to say about the plant.

I, being a Christian my self, figured I could consider what you guys had to say, as well as try and inform a little bit. I meant no offense.

that is because the goverment follows the culture, alcohol was banned, ever heard of the prohibition?

salvia is banned in some states.

lipitor is found in nature , omega-3 fatty acids. its refined to very high grade and put in pill form.

so why hasnt the pharms done this with pot in your opinion? granted i will give you the stigma, but if its neccesary and more effective and doable they would.

think about it you have done a study on pot and already have a drug that performs better for this so why spend reasearch there? make sense to me.

fyi all the drugs used for bp have been around in use on the epilepsy. my dad is epileptic and takes some of the same meds my wife does. pharms noticed that those drugs helped those suffering with bp.

Eh,,let me correct myself. That film about eating Mc Donald's food was called Super Size Me and not Thirty Days.

Much thanks to my wife for correcting me on this.

Its hard to find any true information about such a drug, because you have two types of people looking at it:

1). People who are strictly against it, and want to keep everyone from using it.
2). People who are for it, and would like to inform people about it.

This combination gives you many sites, half of them saying that MJ causes cancer, loss of brain cells, increased blood pressure, heart attacks, and so on.

Then the other half will say that MJ, if grown with organic nutrients, and non toxic chemicals will result in harmless herb. Smoke will result in tar over time of course, but if the herb is vaporized, then it is said to do close to no damage to the body whatsoever.

There are just too many sources, some right, some wrong, who knows. If it were to be tested by a trustful source, whose to say that the herb was grown correctly, or the THC was released in a harmless way (vaporizer)?

Who knows?

jasoncran said:
ronniechoate34 said:
jasoncran said:

use in proper medicine ie pot isnt a sin. but you are wanting to smoke it and not feel guilty, you aint fooling me. FOR IF YOU HAD need medical needs for mmj in its form marinol you could get it. its that simple.

Many people who have taken Marinol have legitimate complaints about its use. Also, Marinol does not grow up from the ground, it's complicated in a labratory.

Also, I don't believe it's "that simple" to get Marinol.

ronniechoate34 said:
Mike said:
As I said in another thread about marijuana, people can have a beer or a glass of wine without the intent to get drunk. Medical marijuana aside, no one smokes pot for any reason but to get high. Comparing pot to a Big Mac? :confused

Have you ever seen the film Thirty Days? Big mags will kill ya', and they're addictive, almost anything can be. I once knew a man who got addicted to vic's inhalers.

Funny film, but come on. People can be controlled by anything, and most certainly food. But this isn't an addiction by definition. If someone is addicted to something, they will exhibit withdrawals even in an unconscious state. There body will respond to the lack of something it has come to require. That said, being addicted or dependent on anything can be a form of an idol.

I stand by my statement above.

ronniechoate34 said:
Eh,,let me correct myself. That film about eating Mc Donald's food was called Super Size Me and not Thirty Days.

Much thanks to my wife for correcting me on this.

I knew what you were talking about. It did seem over the top when he leaned out of his car and threw up after eating most of a hamburger.

this is the way i look at it. i uses the goverment as they seem to against legalization of all drugs,
i find a neutral sight such as web md, which i did post.

most of those pro mjj sights are for the legalisation of all drugs. yes i would like some open , unbiased reasearch.

but its common sense that if you smoke pot, you are at risk for cancer, emphasema, and c.o.p.d.
why do i say this , my uncle smoked both pot and cigars, cigaretes for yrs. he even admits that pot had a lot to do with this. he smoked a lot when he was young.

his doc says that neither is good for the lungs, my uncle has c.o.p.d.

still if what you say is true then why all the push for only mmj as a legal safe alternatives to the drugs that big pharm out there
surely some could fish farm(yes this done) the species of fish to make the pharm grade lipitor.and sell it outside the pharms grip

why not push all drugs found naturally like this?

odd only mmj is pushed.

Mike said:
ronniechoate34 said:
Mike said:

Funny film, but come on. People can be controlled by anything, and most certainly food. But this isn't an addiction by definition. If someone is addicted to something, they will exhibit withdrawals even in an unconscious state. There body will respond to the lack of something it has come to require. That said, being addicted or dependent on anything can be a form of an idol.

I stand by my statement above.

Idolatry does come in many forms.

Hm, you mean in the few areas where MMJ is accepted? MJ has been found that it can help reduce the growth of tumors and help prevent/fight cancer, reduce the effects of alzheimer's, reduce pain of AIDs, break opioid dependencies, ect.

if it works,but i have looked at those but then agiain i think marinol is adminned for that.

at a glance on the sites i posted mentions that.

keep in mind that marinol is the thc's that is found in mj and only that. i does cause the high if i recall.

if it does the same, and has less toxicity , again why attack it? i seriously doubt that it doenst have side effects

even otc's have side effects. tyelinol is linked to ryes syndrome if given to kids in excess.

yet no one is saying that we should be allowed to grow the plants that originally contained the nonsynthentic versions of ibufprophen and acetomophen.

that is why take the mmj push as alittle suspect.

Back