Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
its just a poke i dont mind the discussions but it was escalating to the point every one was right and i was wrong...even after time after time i said i could be wrong and you could be wrong..we all could be wrong,but as long as we are ready we will never be wrong... what is sad none could agree with that . all the more reason to not comment . if i use the poke it is out of a friendly razz . had i used this:angry it would have been more than a poke. i seldom let a post get to the point of being personnel. how ever one poster seemed to think they proved i had no idea what i was talking about . at that point i would not have used a poke .
something in this section needs to reminded of a church sing reads if everyone in this church {forum} was just like me. what kind of church/ forum would it be? i dont expect everyone to jump on my band wagon... what i do expect is respect for my belief. because i respect yours

I never saw anyone disagreeing with what you said about as long as we are ready we will not be wrong as we all need to be prepared to be the Bride of Christ. What has been in question is that of what to watch for before the return of Christ and when that day will come as in pre, mid or post trib. This is where many of us differ in our discussion of the Rapture by how we study all the scriptures in the OT and NT. I even heard one guy (not in here) say we need to do away with the OT as it is no longer needed. All of us know some things, but not every one knows everything.

I'm 63 and have been studying Revelations for 40 years and still have much to learn. It's by others insight that I take the scriptures they give and study them for myself sitting in my living room and praying and asking the guidance of the Holy Spirit to reveal all of this to me. I would never say one is wrong or right, but give that of what I believe and let them take the scriptures I give and study them for themselves. I pray I teach it right as the Holy Spirit always sends me correction when I am wrong.

This is why this is called a discussion as we are all ever learning.

Ok we disagree, I believe The 7th Angel In Vials And Trump is the exact same event of the end of this world, last day.

Revelation 16:17 "It Is Done" and Revelation 11:15 He Shall Reign For Ever And Ever" same exact event of the end of this world.

No shame in disagreeing as we see it differently, but you did not answer my question about who these people of all the nations are that Satan sends out to surround the camp of the saints.

this is how i tend to believe .. only the thousand year reign i am still at a cross road . the church i attend the pastor does not believe Jesus will ever step foot on this earth again
Your pastor is I believe 100% correct, the final point of earth's existence is seen in Zechariah 14, when Jesus Christ returns, his glorified body and feet will be the twinkling of an eye, as this earth is dissolved by fire, and the New Heavens, Earth, And Jerusalem Are Revealed judgment complete, ETERNITY begins.

If a person wants to judge feett and mount of olives for the twinkling of an eye?

So be it, this filthy earth will be dissolved by the glory and fire of his return.

Will his feet actually touch down on the New Or Old Earth, I Believe The New Creation, The New Mount Of Olives.

No sense in arguing over a split second.

Zechariah 14

Verses 1-4 Final battle of Armageddon, Second Advent, New Creation Revealed.

Verses 6-7 Eternal Light In The Eternal kingdom, Revelation 22:1-5

Verse 8 eternal river of Life, Revelation 22:1-5

Verse 10 New Creation revealed, the plain is lifted up, the "winepress" Armageddon is mentioned, the final battle is complete.

Verse 12 The Last Day judgment by the Lord's fire, men consumed flesh, tongues, eyes, as they stand upon their feet, the brightness and fire of his coming.

Zechariah 14
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Ok we ran around the bush five times to end up in a kingdom where there will be "Human's" that rebel, mixed with righteous eternal immortals, saved, 1000 years later Satan is loosed, final rebellion, and a final judgment again?

Those are pretty much your words, and you are welcome to them.

There are definitely humans who were resurrected or raptured living on earth when Jesus sits as King over the earth, in Jerusalem.

Some will Refuse to come to Jerusalem and they will be punished.

At the end of the 1000 years, Satan will be released to deceive those who can be deceived.

JLB

I never saw anyone disagreeing with what you said about as long as we are ready we will not be wrong as we all need to be prepared to be the Bride of Christ. What has been in question is that of what to watch for before the return of Christ and when that day will come as in pre, mid or post trib. This is where many of us differ in our discussion of the Rapture by how we study all the scriptures in the OT and NT. I even heard one guy (not in here) say we need to do away with the OT as it is no longer needed. All of us know some things, but not every one knows everything.

I'm 63 and have been studying Revelations for 40 years and still have much to learn. It's by others insight that I take the scriptures they give and study them for myself sitting in my living room and praying and asking the guidance of the Holy Spirit to reveal all of this to me. I would never say one is wrong or right, but give that of what I believe and let them take the scriptures I give and study them for themselves. I pray I teach it right as the Holy Spirit always sends me correction when I am wrong.

This is why this is called a discussion as we are all ever learning.
i watch i wait i occupy till he comes.. i see the signs i see the days of Noah on us at this very present time. i look for his return at any moment.the o.t backs up the new
What has been in question is that of what to watch for before the return of Christ and when that day will come as in pre, mid or post trib.
i really cant say %100 i am pre trib or mid... i do lean toward mid and i really do not see us on earth when the wrath of God is released there are 3 points in Rev things that has took place the things that are right now the things that is fixing to take place.
Revelation 1

19 Therefore write what you have seen, what is, and what will take place after this.

3 The one who reads this is blessed, and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep[f]what is written in it are blessed, because the time is near! { near i take at face value}

I see a future 3.5 year tribulation on earth, Jesus Returns at the end of this in fire and judgment, as judgment and the eternal kingdom begins in the twinkling of an eye.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
First, a little Greek:
The word "Kingdom" is translated from the word, " βασιλεύς".

To what does it refer?
  1. royal power, kingship, dominion, rule
    1. not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom
    2. of the royal power of Jesus as the triumphant Messiah
    3. of the royal power and dignity conferred on Christians in the Messiah's kingdom
  2. used in the N.T. to refer to the reign of the Messiah
Conclusion; When Jesus speaks of the "Kingdom of God" (or of heaven) He is not talking about a territory with borders and cities and farms and rivers and roads and mountains and plains.

He is talking about His rule over all of creation, over the entire universe, not about a piece of land here on earth.

A few things Jesus said about the Kingdom and it's coming.
(1) Luk 17:20-21 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”
So it is not a physical kingdom with borders and land.
It is the reign of God which is within each individual believer and it is the person of the King who dwells within the believer along with the Father and the Holy Spirit. (Jn 17:22-23a; 14:17)

(2) Mar 9:1 “Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power.”
He was speaking to His disciples and every last one of them has died a very long time ago. That means that some of them lived to see the Kingdom of God present with power and that also had to be a very long time ago.

(3) Mat 28:18 “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."
What do you call a person who has all authority? He is called a "King."
When was all authority in heaven and on earth given to Jesus? Answer: around 30AD.
So, that 1000 year reign of Christ and the saints started almost 2000 years ago which makes taking the "1000 years" literally is a mistake. Since the 1000 year reign of Christ has been going on for almost 2000 years, we must understand the 1000 years of Revelation to mean "a long time."

(4) Act 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
What about the kingdom being "present with power"?

Here's some examples of kingdom power:
Act 3:11 Now as the lame man who was healed....
Act 5:16... a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.
Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed.
Act 14:9-10 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, said with a loud voice, “Stand up straight on your feet!” And he leaped and walked.
Act 28:8-9 And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him. So when this was done, the rest of those on the island who had diseases also came and were healed.

The apostles and others demonstrated the same kingdom power as had Jesus.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all y’all.

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it.
No sniveling!
Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

Your pastor is I believe 100% correct, the final point of earth's existence is seen in Zechariah 14, when Jesus Christ returns, his glorified body and feet will be the twinkling of an eye, as this earth is dissolved by fire, and the New Heavens, Earth, And Jerusalem Are Revealed judgment complete, ETERNITY begins.

If a person wants to judge feett and mount of olives for the twinkling of an eye?

So be it, this filthy earth will be dissolved by the glory and fire of his return.

Will his feet actually touch down on the New Or Old Earth, I Believe The New Creation, The New Mount Of Olives.

No sense in arguing over a split second.

Zechariah 14

Verse 10 New Creation revealed, the plain is lifted up, the "winepress" Armageddon is mentioned, the final battle is complete.

Verse 12 The Last Day judgment by the Lord's fire, men consumed flesh, tongues, eyes, as they stand upon their feet, the brightness and fire of his coming.

Zechariah 14
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

The twinkling of an eye refers to when the dead are raised and those who are alive and remain are caught up together with them.

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Once these are in the air with Christ, then the wicked are destroyed, as He descends to Jerusalem.

He still continues to fight and rescue the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

14 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your [a]spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:1-5

JLB

The twinkling of an eye refers to when the dead are raised and those who are alive and remain are caught up together with them.

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Once these are in the air with Christ, then the wicked are destroyed, as He descends to Jerusalem.

He still continues to fight and rescue the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

14 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your [a]spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:1-5

JLB
It appears you don't want to see the "Eternal Kingdom" in verses 6-8, and the final Judgment By fire in verse 12, you can't throw "Eternal Light" and "The River Of Life" away can you?

Zechariah 14

Zechariah 14

It appears you don't want to see the "Eternal Kingdom" in verses 6-8, and the final Judgment By fire in verse 12, you can't throw "Eternal Light" and "The River Of Life" away can you?

Zechariah 14

Zechariah 14

You seem to be overlooking the fact that Jesus is ruling from earth.

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zechariah 14:16

And there are people who are resisting His command to come to Jerusalem.

17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
Zechariah 14:17

JLB

You seem to be overlooking the fact that Jesus is ruling from earth.

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zechariah 14:16

And there are people who are resisting His command to come to Jerusalem.

17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
Zechariah 14:17

JLB
You don't want to see eternal light and the river of life, but you want to focus on what you believe is rebellion.

You disregard eternal light and the river of Life in living waters, you don't want to see the last day judgment by the Lord's fire, as men are consumed, flesh, eyes, tongues, as they stand, why?

Zechariah 14

Zechariah 14

The ministry of death given to Moses was a curse to those who are not obedient to God's command as they die in their sin, Deuteronomy 27, 28. What is complete in Christ of the laws given to Moses is that of the fulfillment of the blood sacrifice, 2 Corinthians 3:6-18; Matthew 5:17-20. The laws are as much alive today as they were when God gave them to Moses, but that is another topic.

The ministry of death was given to Moses, but they did not hear Moses or they would have heard Christ. Before we can come to the resurrection unto life, the ministry of death must be completed in us first. If you are in Christ, then you have been crucified with him, but when the ministration of death is complete in you, then you can die no more.

1 Corinthians 15:36
Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Are you a friend of the Bridegroom or have you prepared yourself to be His Bride? All scripture from Genesis to Revelation is about God's blessings and His curse towards those who do not walk in obedience to His commands. By teaching about the wrath of God yet to come gives warning to those who have yet to repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Many will say I have plenty of time to do that, but yet will be those who are taken as a theif in the night when Christ returns as they reject the teachings of Christ.

I am a stranger along the way at rest beneath my vine and my fig tree. Just a calf in his stall.

But, if you were listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, what do you think it would sound like? what would you expect to hear?

i watch i wait i occupy till he comes.. i see the signs i see the days of Noah on us at this very present time. i look for his return at any moment.the o.t backs up the new i really cant say %100 i am pre trib or mid... i do lean toward mid and i really do not see us on earth when the wrath of God is released there are 3 points in Rev things that has took place the things that are right now the things that is fixing to take place.
Revelation 1

19 Therefore write what you have seen, what is, and what will take place after this.

3 The one who reads this is blessed, and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep[f]what is written in it are blessed, because the time is near! { near i take at face value}

The time is near/the time is at hand has been spoken of since the time of John the Baptist in Matthew 3:1-3 and Peter in 1 Peter 4:7 and of the angel in Rev 22:10. Time has always been at hand and near as even now we wait for the time of Christ return. No one knows the day or the hour, but things will continue to be like that in the days of Noah when the flood came and took them all away as they mocked and made fun of Noah as they had no faith or belie in God, Matthew 24:36-39.

We know that no one knows the day or the hour of Christ return other then John 6:40 teaching it's on the last day and Matthew 24:29-31 where Jesus says it will be immediately after the tribulations of those days that He spoke about in Matthew 24:1-28 that are even now more prevalent then before. Upon the return of Christ he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him, Rev 1:7; Acts 1:9-11. Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Nutshell: Last trump, quickly, twinkling of an eye, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, last day, John 6:40; 5:28,29, will Christ return with His army and at that time will destroy the beast and false prophet by the brightness of His coming as He cast them into the lake of fire, 2 Thessalonians 2:8; Rev 19:11-21, as we are then gathered to Him to be with Him forever.

The time is near/the time is at hand has been spoken of since the time of John the Baptist in Matthew 3:1-3 and Peter in 1 Peter 4:7 and of the angel in Rev 22:10. Time has always been at hand and near as even now we wait for the time of Christ return. No one knows the day or the hour, but things will continue to be like that in the days of Noah when the flood came and took them all away as they mocked and made fun of Noah as they had no faith or belie in God, Matthew 24:36-39.

We know that no one knows the day or the hour of Christ return other then John 6:40 teaching it's on the last day and Matthew 24:29-31 where Jesus says it will be immediately after the tribulations of those days that He spoke about in Matthew 24:1-28 that are even now more prevalent then before. Upon the return of Christ he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him, Rev 1:7; Acts 1:9-11. Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Nutshell: Last trump, quickly, twinkling of an eye, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, last day, John 6:40; 5:28,29, will Christ return with His army and at that time will destroy the beast and false prophet by the brightness of His coming as He cast them into the lake of fire, 2 Thessalonians 2:8; Rev 19:11-21, as we are then gathered to Him to be with Him forever.

We can certainly know time of the coming of the Lord, by watching the signs that indicate His coming is at hand.

The Church has been given these indicators so He will not come as a thief in the night for the children of God.

• But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

JLB

No shame in disagreeing as we see it differently, but you did not answer my question about who these people of all the nations are that Satan sends out to surround the camp of the saints.
Revelation 16:12-17 & Revelation 20:7-9 are the same event.

Satan is currently bound and sealed by the angel with the 6th vial, he will be loosed to deceive the nation's to the final battle at the end of the future tribulation.

The Nations that will surround Jerusalem, are those of today.

The ministry of death was given to Moses, but they did not hear Moses or they would have heard Christ. Before we can come to the resurrection unto life, the ministry of death must be completed in us first. If you are in Christ, then you have been crucified with him, but when the ministration of death is complete in you, then you can die no more.

1 Corinthians 15:36
Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

I am a stranger along the way at rest beneath my vine and my fig tree. Just a calf in his stall.

But, if you were listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, what do you think it would sound like? what would you expect to hear?

Micah 4:4 is speaking about the coming Kingdom of God within the New Jerusalem where we will have our rest and find peace.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

We start out being a friend of Christ as He has chosen us to Him and are given the command of being born again in order to see the kingdom God. It's through the Spiritual rebirth that we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit and become a fellow servant with Him and prepare ourselves (learn of Him) to be His Bride so on that day when He returns we will have our rest.

We can certainly know time of the coming of the Lord, by watching the signs that indicate His coming is at hand.

The Church has been given these indicators so He will not come as a thief in the night for the children of God.

• But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

JLB

We know the signs to watch for as both of us have given the scripture for them, but yet do not know the day or hour these signs will be displayed. All we know is it will be the last day that no one can put a literal date or time to as even Jesus waits for God to send Him down as only God knows the day and hour.

Reactions: JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back