Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
3 words of wisdom i leave you . GET A LIFE ok a scripture for you ....
1 Corinthians 4:15

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.” your by far a father more like a pain

Actually that is really considered only one word of wisdom. Its too bad that you have allowed yourself to become agitated trying to discuss the word of the Lord. Why is that? Are you not at peace? or are you not as confident in what your watching for and discussing this has stirred up something contrary within you?

The world is full of doubting Thomas's. Waiting and watching to behold with their own eyes and touch with their own hands. But Jesus said blessed are they who have believed and not seen.

Why would God command me to scare anyone into accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but only teaching that which Christ has already taught. In this thread the topic is the Rapture. This is what we are discussing.

Yes, the mountain of the Lord has been established through the birth, death and resurrection of Christ. In the book of Micah he speaks of two prediction and a call to repentance. The prediction of Judgement, Micah 1-3, the prediction of restoration, Micah 4-5, the plea for repentance, Micah 6-7.

Jesus has not a throne to sit on as of yet, but only sits at the right hand of the Father who sits on His throne in heaven, Rev 3:20-22.

Psalms 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. 12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore. 13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. 14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Zion is that of the New Jerusalem where Jesus will have His rest as He sits on the throne of David, Rev 21. This does not happen until the seventh trumpet has sounded as at this time the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever, Rev 11:15.

We are called to warn others to turn from their wickedness, Ezekiel 3:16-21; Matthew 10:28; Luke 21:25-28; Colossians 1:28; James 1:12. I desire the best gift that God has called me to do in teaching His word, 1 Corinthians 12:27-31.
I disagree with you perception of a future throne for Jesus Christ, as he sits upon this throne currently, the work of Calvary is finished.

As it pertains to the resurrection, which comes first: Does the First Resurrection and the Second Death happen at the same time?

Please post the scripture you are referring to.

Please post the scripture you are referring to.

Revelation 20:5-6
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5-6
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The first resurrection is that of the dead in Christ.

• Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God
  • And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
  • This is the first resurrection.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Revelation 20:4-5

Paul says it this way -

• For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
  • And the dead in Christ will rise first.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

The first resurrection occurs at the coming of the Lord, and involves the dead in Christ, then those who have remained alive until His coming will be caught up together with them.

This is the first resurrection.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:22

JLB

The first resurrection occurs at the coming of the Lord, and involves the dead in Christ, then those who have remained alive until His coming will be caught up together with them

Seems to me by your very own statement then there are two separate comings: At the first resurrection, then again for the dead at the second death.

Seems to me by your very own statement then there are two separate comings: At the first resurrection, then again for the dead at the second death.

Can you point out this "statement" in my post where I said there are two comings?

Here is what the scripture says about the rest of the dead living again -

• But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished.

No mention of "another" coming of the Lord, especially since the Lord will be on earth with them for a thousands years.

Here is my post again -

The first resurrection is that of the dead in Christ.

• Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God
  • And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
  • This is the first resurrection.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Revelation 20:4-5

Paul says it this way -

• For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
  • And the dead in Christ will rise first.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

The first resurrection occurs at the coming of the Lord, and involves the dead in Christ, then those who have remained alive until His coming will be caught up together with them.

This is the first resurrection.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:22

JLB

I disagree with you perception of a future throne for Jesus Christ, as he sits upon this throne currently, the work of Calvary is finished.

The work of Calvary is finished and Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.
The Davidic Covenant and the promises of God concerning the Messianic kingdom has not yet been fulfilled, but will be when the seventh angel sounds its trumpet and the kingdoms of this world will then become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever, Rev 11:15. When Christ sits on the throne of David it will be an earthly ruling authority for all eternity within the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Acts 2: 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The work of Calvary is finished and Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.
The Davidic Covenant and the promises of God concerning the Messianic kingdom has not yet been fulfilled, but will be when the seventh angel sounds its trumpet and the kingdoms of this world will then become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever, Rev 11:15. When Christ sits on the throne of David it will be an earthly ruling authority for all eternity within the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Acts 2: 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

:salute

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:31-32

• He will sit on the throne of His glory.

This throne is in Jerusalem, the city of the great King.

17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. Zechariah 14:17

JLB

They are a tree of knowledge of good and evil to complete in you your death. The ministration of death was given to Moses and is completed in Christ.

Why didn't the Pharisees and the peoples of the time recognize Elijah as John the Baptist? What to you think their expectations of Elijah were? Do you think they were watching for a prophet who would call down fire from heaven and the wrath of God in the face of their enemies? What were they expecting in the prophet that he remained hidden from them? Should the friend of the bridegroom spend his days warning of God's wrath? Or should the friend of the bridegroom help for the bride to prepare herself for a wedding?

The ministry of death given to Moses was a curse to those who are not obedient to God's command as they die in their sin, Deuteronomy 27, 28. What is complete in Christ of the laws given to Moses is that of the fulfillment of the blood sacrifice, 2 Corinthians 3:6-18; Matthew 5:17-20. The laws are as much alive today as they were when God gave them to Moses, but that is another topic.

Are you a friend of the Bridegroom or have you prepared yourself to be His Bride? All scripture from Genesis to Revelation is about God's blessings and His curse towards those who do not walk in obedience to His commands. By teaching about the wrath of God yet to come gives warning to those who have yet to repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Many will say I have plenty of time to do that, but yet will be those who are taken as a theif in the night when Christ returns as they reject the teachings of Christ.

then my job is done :poke

Come on ezra as there is no call for that. Even though we do not agree in all things we are still a brother and sister in Christ that needs not poke each other, but better be walking in love.

Jesus Christ currently sits upon the throne, Calvary is complete, the precious blood has been shed, no further work needed.

Jesus Christ currently sits upon the throne, Calvary is complete, the precious blood has been shed, no further work needed.

Jesus said in John 19:30 "It is finished". What was finished or fulfilled in Him was the final atonement for sin as we do not sacrifice the blood of animals anymore. Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father as there is only one throne in Heaven and that is God's throne.

Matthew 25:31-32 that JLB already gave, plus the ones I already gave you to read all say the same things. It's your choice to ignore that of what is already written as not all things are fulfilled yet as Satan has not yet been cast out of heaven, Rev 12:7-12, and Jesus has not returned yet. Jesus for now only sits at the right hand of the Father in the third heaven which is the Spiritual kingdom of God until He comes in all His glory and sits on His own throne in the New Jerusalem.

Jesus said in John 19:30 "It is finished". What was finished or fulfilled in Him was the final atonement for sin as we do not sacrifice the blood of animals anymore. Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father as there is only one throne in Heaven and that is God's throne.

Matthew 25:31-32 that JLB already gave, plus the ones I already gave you to read all say the same things. It's your choice to ignore that of what is already written as not all things are fulfilled yet as Satan has not yet been cast out of heaven, Rev 12:7-12, and Jesus has not returned yet. Jesus for now only sits at the right hand of the Father in the third heaven which is the Spiritual kingdom of God until He comes in all His glory and sits on His own throne in the New Jerusalem.
Do you believe in a future literal 1000 year millennium, where mortal humans will be present, as Jesus Christ sits upon a earthly throne?

Do you believe in a future literal 1000 year millennium, where mortal humans will be present, as Jesus Christ sits upon a earthly throne?

I believe Jesus sits upon His throne of glory in Jerusalem when He returns.

I believe Jesus sits upon His throne of glory in Jerusalem when He returns.
You didn't answer the questions.

1.Do you believe in a future 1000 year kingdom?

If yes?

2. WILL it be upon this earth?

3. WILL mortal humans be bresent?

You didn't answer the questions.

1.Do you believe in a future 1000 year kingdom?

If yes?

2. WILL it be upon this earth?

3. WILL mortal humans be bresent?

I’m only engaging in dialogue that pertains to the point that was being made about His Throne.

When He returns from heaven, where He is seated at the right hand of the Father, to earth, where He will sit on His throne of glory and Judge, He will gather the nations to render to each one according to their deeds.

JLB

I’m only engaging in dialogue that pertains to the point that was being made about His Throne.

When He returns from heaven, where He is seated at the right hand of the Father, to earth, where He will sit on His throne of glory and Judge, He will gather the nations to render to each one according to their deeds.

JLB
Is that Matthew 25:31-46, where Jesus Will Return To judge?

Will a 1000 year millennial kingdom take place after this judgment?

Will mortal humans be present?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back