Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation 20:1-3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Exactly, the thousand years of Christ's actual physical presence leading to rebellion against Him will prove the longstanding popular claim of today for absolute physical proof to be the only thing holding back belief for so many to be a lie.
Proving that even in His miraculous presence man's problem with Him is not a head problem, it is a heart problem.
Faith being the foundation always .
Even in His miraculous physical presence He will be not only rejected once again, but yet there will be another attempt to kill the risen Jesus.
Nothing new under the sun where the unredeemed human heart is concerned.
Their recruitment & battle cry to the heathen being that Jesus is actually afraid of the imprisoned Satan.
Afraid to set him free because Christ knows that Satan would defeat and replace him and institute a better way in the earth.

Psa 2:1
"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."
Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 2:9
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Those who have rejected Him and God will wail at His return when they realize Jesus is very real and they have damned themselves at His glorious return for His Bride. There are no second chances as Christ only returns one time as the door of God's salvation will at that time be closed forever.

Another comment.
At Pentecost the Holy Spirit came to be in man (sons and daughters).

At some point Christ in us seems to be in the early church. (And in us by extension - if we open the door)

The quickening spirit Jesus became can be in us.

If we are the temple, are we not possibly the New Jerusalem.
The symbolic crucified Jesus is IMHO shown as the natural pacemaker of the heart.

The symbolic tree on either side of the river clear as crystal is IMHO shown as the cerebellum is on either side of the spinal fluid river. ( (midsection dissection of cerebellum looks like trees).

The promise was I will put my law (the fulfillment of the law that Jesus became) in your mind. The spirit of the mind ( a scripture).

If we are the temple, with symbolism in us, that matches the New Jerusalem, what do we do with this information? Just say: well that is just an accident or an eddif imagination.

Our kidneys have a snake on a pole.
The liver has an eagles wing flying.
The heart has 24 ribs bowing before it.

Jesus came to secure the power for us to humbly deal with Satan. The spiritual gifts were given to deal with evil. Acts had a lot of things dealing with evil.

Made in the image of God.

Oh well redneck talk again.
eddif

Our inheritance, our hope, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.
All things that are Spiritual are from above.
Our inheritance is the kingdom of God which is found in us, John 3:5-7.
Our hope is in things we can not see as substance, but by faith, Hebrews 11:1.
Our citizenship is within the Spiritual realm of God and not that of the world, Philippians 3:20-21; 2 Peter 3:13

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Matthew 16:19 kjv
19. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

I am not being arrogant enough to claim the victory over Satan. But under Jesus we do have some keys related to the kingdom in us.

eddif

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Those who have rejected Him and God will wail at His return when they realize Jesus is very real and they have damned themselves at His glorious return for His Bride. There are no second chances as Christ only returns one time as the door of God's salvation will at that time be closed forever.
Yes, for those who are of accountability the door will be closed forever to second chances.
The messianic 1000 year reign will not be about second chances.
For children, and infants that are on the earth when " he cometh " they will not fall under judgement at that moment , not having at that point either rejected or accepted Christ.
For these little ones their FIRST chance is yet to come during this messianic reign
During the Messianic age they will come of age to either accept or reject Christ during this second advent 1000 year period.
The same is true for their children and their children .
This is the period of Ezekiel's prophesied messianic temple, in which the Lord's earthly throne will stand in the location the Ark Of The Covenant once did .

Knowing that in Christ some are raised to life while others are raise on death, do you think between these two groups that they should actually see the resurrection and the coming of Christ in the same way, in the same light?
First I want to say that I do respect your views and understanding, even if we disagree at times. There is no right or wrong, but only how we understand scripture.

To answer your question, yes, I do think when all are raised from their graves will only then see everything in the same light of actually seeing Christ and just like all those who are alive at His coming that rejected Him will also wail at His coming. All I can go by is what is written in Rev 1:7 where even those who are in the grave that pierced Jesus will see Him returning. I can only understand that by studying Matthew 24:29-31; John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Rev 1:7 and Rev 19:11-21 in my view of all things happening very quickly after the 3 1/2 year reign of the son of perdition when at that time Christ will return

The one thing I should hope we might agree upon, and that is the dead and the living, while both serving Christ, probably hold different views of the scriptures
I agree. We can only hope we have it right, but yet so much to learn.

Another comment.
At Pentecost the Holy Spirit came to be in man (sons and daughters).

At some point Christ in us seems to be in the early church. (And in us by extension - if we open the door)

The quickening spirit Jesus became can be in us.

If we are the temple, are we not possibly the New Jerusalem.
The symbolic crucified Jesus is IMHO shown as the natural pacemaker of the heart.

The symbolic tree on either side of the river clear as crystal is IMHO shown as the cerebellum is on either side of the spinal fluid river. ( (midsection dissection of cerebellum looks like trees).

The promise was I will put my law (the fulfillment of the law that Jesus became) in your mind. The spirit of the mind ( a scripture).

If we are the temple, with symbolism in us, that matches the New Jerusalem, what do we do with this information? Just say: well that is just an accident or an eddif imagination.

Our kidneys have a snake on a pole.
The liver has an eagles wing flying.
The heart has 24 ribs bowing before it.

Jesus came to secure the power for us to humbly deal with Satan. The spiritual gifts were given to deal with evil. Acts had a lot of things dealing with evil.

Made in the image of God.

Oh well redneck talk again.
eddif
Is there any relevance to this with the OP?

Is there any relevance to this with the OP?
The OP addresses a major key to defeating evil. IMHO looking towards The Day opens the keys to discussion. The NewJerusalem coming down is related to Revelation 20 IMHO.

The posts are my opinion.

The OP is looking up to the clouds. The New Jerusalem is described as coming down.

eddif

I am not being arrogant enough to claim the victory over Satan.
Jesus has already given us the victory of Satan.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Jesus has already given us the victory of Satan.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Jesus gave us spiritual gifts to overcome the works of Satan.

I think we are saying the same thing, but just from a slightly different viewpoint.

I was stressing what Jesus did and mentioning what we are empowered to do.

Administration is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Tell me outright if you want me to drop the train of thought for now.

eddif

The OP addresses a major key to defeating evil. IMHO looking towards The Day opens the keys to discussion. The NewJerusalem coming down is related to Revelation 20 IMHO.

The posts are my opinion.

The OP is looking up to the clouds. The New Jerusalem is described as coming down.

eddif
Even though I appreciate your comments the OP is only about Rev 20:1-3 as the discussion is about the 1000 years after Jesus returns and makes an end to all His enemies when He plants His feet on the Mt of Olives.

Jesus gave us spiritual gifts to overcome the works of Satan.

I think we are saying the same thing, but just from a slightly different viewpoint.

I was stressing what Jesus did and mentioning what we are empowered to do.

Administration is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Tell me outright if you want me to drop the train of thought for now.

eddif
You know I appreciate your views and am one of the few that gets you, but this has nothing to do with the Spiritual gifts. I'm only looking for comments that deal with Rev 20:1-3 about the Millennium after we are caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

First I want to say that I do respect your views and understanding, even if we disagree at times. There is no right or wrong, but only how we understand scripture.

To answer your question, yes, I do think when all are raised from their graves will only then see everything in the same light of actually seeing Christ and just like all those who are alive at His coming that rejected Him will also wail at His coming.

Just to clarify, it is my contention that all are raised from the grave in Christ. This is the first resurrection. All are baptized into the Death of Christ (this is our first Death). In the resurrection of Christ, some are raised up in the resurrection of the living, while others are raised in the resurrection of damnation (judgement). We are in the period of the first resurrection. Those who do not get raised to the resurrection of the living, they still serve Christ, but they will also face the second Death. As Paul describes in Corinthians, there are bodies celestial, and there are bodies terrestrial, each bearing its own glory.

I am reminded to Abraham were the promises given, and to his seed that they should be as the stars of heaven, and as the sand of the sea. Some celestial, who live after the Spirit by Faith; some terrestrial, who live according the flesh following dead works of the law.... To the stars of heaven beware, lest the devil beguile you and cast some of you to the ground.

Even though I appreciate your comments the OP is only about Rev 20:1-3 as the discussion is about the 1000 years after Jesus returns and makes an end to all His enemies when He plants His feet on the Mt of Olives.

I realize this reply was to eddif, but to your point of bringing the topic back to Rev 20:1-3.

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

For me, whether the thousand years is literal or figurative does not matter. If I should consider it to be literal only, then I would be as one who counts times and seasons. What is important is there is a beginning to this particular time period when the Adversary is bound and shut up, with a seal set upon him. Then there is also the end of this particular time period when the Adversary is loosed again for a little season.

Revelation 20:7-8
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

I asked Goldwing this question in a different thread, and I am curious if you or anyone else can point to any other scriptures that might describe the time period at the end of he thousand years when the Devil is loosed?

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

I asked Goldwing this question in a different thread, and I am curious if you or anyone else can point to any other scriptures that might describe the time period at the end of he thousand years when the Devil is loosed?
Hello ezrider,
Since we know that the Lord will rule during this Messianic period from the Temple on Mount Zion described in Ezekiel I believe the Messianic Psalm 2 speaks to the revolt led against by a loosed Satan and the world leaders assembled by Satan.
Although not specifically mentioned I believe these leaders will actually be goading Jesus into releasing Satan bringing about their own doom and an end to this 1000 year Messianic period.

Psa 2:1

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Just to clarify, it is my contention that all are raised from the grave in Christ. This is the first resurrection. All are baptized into the Death of Christ (this is our first Death). In the resurrection of Christ, some are raised up in the resurrection of the living, while others are raised in the resurrection of damnation (judgement). We are in the period of the first resurrection. Those who do not get raised to the resurrection of the living, they still serve Christ, but they will also face the second Death. As Paul describes in Corinthians, there are bodies celestial, and there are bodies terrestrial, each bearing its own glory.

I am reminded to Abraham were the promises given, and to his seed that they should be as the stars of heaven, and as the sand of the sea. Some celestial, who live after the Spirit by Faith; some terrestrial, who live according the flesh following dead works of the law.... To the stars of heaven beware, lest the devil beguile you and cast some of you to the ground.
If I am understanding you right do you mean all that are in the grave will be caught up to Christ when He returns?

I realize this reply was to eddif, but to your point of bringing the topic back to Rev 20:1-3.

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

For me, whether the thousand years is literal or figurative does not matter. If I should consider it to be literal only, then I would be as one who counts times and seasons. What is important is there is a beginning to this particular time period when the Adversary is bound and shut up, with a seal set upon him. Then there is also the end of this particular time period when the Adversary is loosed again for a little season.

Not sure if there are any other scriptures other than Rev 20 that speaks about a 1000 year reign as I could never find any.

Rev 20:4-15 during this time of Satan being bound comes the resurrection of all, (as all means saints and those who are not of faith in God), who are asleep in the ground will hear the voice of Christ calling them to come forth as some will be resurrected to eternal life with the Father and others to damnation, John 5:28,29, 1Corinthians 15:51-58; 1Thessalonians 1:1-10; 4:13-18. When we are given our new glorified bodies Jesus will gather us to Him like a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings for protection, Matthew 23:34-39. The battle of Armageddon begins after Jesus plants His feet on the Mt of Olives then Satan will be loosed for a short time to go out and deceive the nations by gathering all those who are his own and then sends them to attack the camp of the saints, but God sends fire down from heaven to devour them. Satan is then cast into the lake of fire followed by those who stand in Gods Great White Throne judgment and as their names are not written in the book of life will then be cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more.

Since we know that the Lord will rule during this Messianic period from the Temple on Mount Zion described in Ezekiel I believe the Messianic Psalm 2 speaks to the revolt led against by a loosed Satan and the world leaders assembled by Satan.
Although not specifically mentioned I believe these leaders will actually be goading Jesus into releasing Satan bringing about their own doom and an end to this 1000 year Messianic period.
C.L., why do you think God gave the nation of Israel, the seventy sevens/wks. (490 yrs. of probationary time) mentioned in Dan,9:20-27?

Rev 20:4-15 during this time of Satan being bound comes the resurrection of all, (as all means saints and those who are not of faith in God), who are asleep in the ground will hear the voice of Christ calling them to come forth as some will be resurrected to eternal life with the Father and others to damnation,
Glory, will have to disagree with you in that not "ALL" are raised in the first resurrection, just the saints.

Rev. 20:4 , reads, I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authored to judge [saints of all time] And [ in addition, too] I saw the souls [living beings/saints] of those who has been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They [the second group of saints mentioned] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. [these are the saints who lived during the tribulation] They [both groups of saints] came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

V5. (The rest [ if not the saints, logic would indicate to anyone with an unbiased mind, it has to be referring to the lost] until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. [ the resurrection of the saints]

V6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. [ this confirms that only the saints are resurrected in the first resurrection, and too, infers there is another resurrection] The second death death has no power over them [they receive eternal life], but they will be priests of God [the Father] and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. [ We must let the Bible speak, and adjust our theology, if we desire to understand the truth]

I agree with you that Satan is released from the spirit realm after the thousand years have ended and He marshals the wicked after they are raised in the second resurrection to take the Holy City/New Jerusalem, but God destroys Him along with the wicked and fallen angles, with fire from heaven/Hell fire. End of Sin!

Back