Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation 20:1-3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The sons of Zebedee we're bold to ask Jesus; f they could sit on his right and left in His Kingdom.

I asked you to show me in your postings where you are talking directly about the 1000 years after Satan is bound and Christ returns as I didn't see anything in your postings. All you are giving are things that happen before the 1000 years before Christ returns. If you can not discuss that of what I asked for in the OP then I see no discussion happening between us. I'm not disagreeing with some of the things you say, but trying to get you to focus only on the OP.ves intellectually correct, which is okay to a point.
I posted Scripture that explains that by describing who is sitting next to Him; when He enters His Kingdom.
Scripture describes it precisely as Jesus foretold. That is The beginning of the thousand years I posted that too.

I thought you understood that. I'm sorry; I assumed too much.
Please read my post in the light that the thousand year reign began when Jesus died. Since the two next to Him fit precisely the description of the two that sit on His right and Left In His Kingdom as revealed to the Zebadees.
He began the thousand year reign when His earthly life ended.

The sons of Zebedee we're bold to ask Jesus; f they could sit on his right and left in His Kingdom.

How s immediate response seems to be a knee jerk reaction of pride .Like they are all that.
" You don't know what you are asking"
"Can you drink the cup I'm about to drink?
Bias blinds us to think Jesus means the same thing we would mean if we said it.
He doesn't. He is describing what sitting next to Him in His Kingdom means.
They say they can. He says they will but those places are not His to give but the Father's. They don't receive the cup from Him but from the Father. That is the cup He; s about to drink. Prepared for Him and received from His Fathers hand. The two next to Him in His Kingdom drink the cup from the Father too.

Luke 23,33-34

And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Luke 23,39

But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Notice that right after posting the sign over Jesus claiming Him a King the two criminals begin speaking. The good thief acknowledged His Kingship and asks Jesus to remember him when he enters His Kingdom. Jesus indicates that's today. Odd that they say these things with 10 minutes to live. They knew that Christ enters into His Kingdom that day.

man is a composite of material and spiritual realities. Heaven and earth. We know our spirit exists in a disembodied state after we die. Our soul is lifted up to God in Glory to see God as He is and in His likeness our soul is divinized'. That is the first resurrection that began the day He died. The first resurrection is happening still. The first resurrection are members of His Body. They are the Catholic community of Saints reigning with Christ the Church Triumphant.

Jesus describes the two who sit on His right and Left precisely as it happened. All three drank the cup from the Father.

I know some of you adhere to protestant doctrine that the Catholic Church teaches a false Gospel.
That dogma and love for truth cause conflict in you. Unconscious maybe but not entirely.

Some things most are matters of faith that ignorance of is a sin. Truths that require due diligence because we should have knowledge of.

God expects a sincere honest look. Difficult for the less mainstream professions. I've encountered some here that preserve ignorance using logical fallacies. They are not debating because debate requires an effort to recover knowledge. As I understand it, if someone is ignorant of truth that should be known effort to know it is expected. Ignorance of such is a sin.
The inability to or refusal to acknowledge good reasonable irrefutable proofs of error is sinful.
Not having 2000 years of agreement might make my comments seem strange.

The Old Testament saints were on one side of Jesus at his death; having drank the same cup.

The New Testament saints yet to drink the same cup in the future were on his other side.

The thief was in agreement with both groups in the middle with Jesus. He allowed the description of the kingdom.

The mini resurrection of the saints at the Time Period of Jesus IMHO points to the past and future.

Jesus’s words, and the apostles writing of future saints is on the future side.

Following includes those drinking the same cup in the past:
Hebrews 11:13 kjv
13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Hebrews 11:36 kjv
36. And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37. They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38. (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and inmountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

I will let for_his_glory set the time of tribulation of future saints drinking the same cup as Jesus did.

Saints on either side that God the Father set in place.

Revelation 6:11
11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
I posted Scripture that explains that by describing who is sitting next to Him; when He enters His Kingdom.
Scripture describes it precisely as Jesus foretold. That is The beginning of the thousand years I posted that too.
You need to read Matthew 20:20:28 as it has nothing to do with the beginning of the 1000 years, but was the mother of James and John that asked Jesus if one could sit at His right hand and the other on His left hand in thy kingdom. Jesus said in vs. 23 but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

All that are Christ own through the Spiritual rebirth from above are already sitting in His kingdom for the kingdom of God is within us, Luke 17:20-21.

If you read Rev 20 you see that it follows after Rev 19 in chronological order teaching that after Christ returns, then comes the 1000 years.

The Old Testament saints were on one side of Jesus at his death; having drank the same cup.

The New Testament saints yet to drink the same cup in the future were on his other side.

The thief was in agreement with both groups in the middle with Jesus. He allowed the description of the kingdom.

The mini resurrection of the saints at the Time Period of Jesus IMHO points to the past and future.

13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
36. And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37. They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38. (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and inmountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

I will let for_his_glory set the time of tribulation of future saints drinking the same cup as Jesus did.

11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I like that. Thank you ! I'm wondering what you think. Saints who have died since then are like Paul? Out of the body and with the Lord?
The two are prepared by the Father. All three crucified including Jesus are prepared by the Father. Everyone after is prepared by Jesus. The two on crosses next to Jesus are the two Jesus described precisely Yours in Christ

Last edited:
You need to read Matthew 20:20:28 as it has nothing to do with the beginning of the 1000 years, but was the mother of James and John that asked Jesus if one could sit at His right hand and the other on His left hand in thy kingdom. Jesus said in vs. 23 but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

All that are Christ own through the Spiritual rebirth from above are already sitting in His kingdom for the kingdom of God is within us, Luke 17:20-21.

If you read Rev 20 you see that it follows after Rev 19 in chronological order teaching that after Christ returns, then comes the 1000 years.
That interpretation doesn't fit because no one else who drinks the cup is prepared by the Father. Everyone after receives the cup prepared by Jesus. Read it again Christian. More carefully and open to the Holy Spirit. He's teaching things outside our box.

Last edited:
@eddif
I know the feeling. I didn't learn what I posted from anyone and no one seems to have heard it before. It's new to me too.

I like that. Thank you ! I'm wondering what you think. Saints who have died since then are like Paul? Out of the body and with the Lord?
The two are prepared by the Father. All three crucified including Jesus are prepared by the Father. Everyone after is prepared by Jesus. The two on crosses next to Jesus are the two Jesus described precisely Yours in Christ
What I think sometimes gets in the way of what God thinks. Hopefully I just try to find out what He thinks.

James 1:5 kjv
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I am not saying another person can not have an answer, but Saul of Tarsus prayed to God and God sent
Ananias. A hesitant Ananias.

Peter was sent to the gentiles. Noah was sent to Nineveh.

I did not start this thread. I have already pushed into an area I have little knowledge of.

Just read the original post and let us try and understand what this thread is about. Another thread might be needed. for_his_glory might have a suggestion about a title.

eddif

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After that of the beast, false prophet and all those political leaders from every nation have been revealed and destroyed by the brightness of Christ coming, 2 Thessalonians 2:8, Satan is bound for a thousand years as he can no longer deceive the nations anymore and after the thousand years are fulfilled he will be set loose for a small amount of time.​
There are various teachings about the thousand years, but I do not see the thousand years being literal after Satan is bound even though a thousand is written. I believe it is symbolic or figurative number like that of Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:3-5; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Satan will be held back for a time while Jesus plants His feet on the Mount of Olives. What else is to take place within a literal thousand years that will need to be fulfilled as the only thing left is for Satan to be loosed for a time as he gathers all nations for the final battle against the saints, but his army will be consumed by fire that God sends down from heaven and then Satan cast into the lake of fire. Why would God wait a thousand years for His final judgment? What else could possibly take place during a thousand years before God ushers down the New Jerusalem?
Is there any chance the angel v.1 ἄγγελον (messenger according to Strong) is Jesus ? Strong thought an angel was implied.

You know I think a nerve in us is a messenger of sorts.

To have the power to bind Satan IMHO was accomplished by the work Jesus did.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

1 John 3:8 kjv
8. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

eddif

Is there any chance the angel v.1 ἄγγελον (messenger according to Strong) is Jesus ? Strong thought an angel was implied.

You know I think a nerve in us is a messenger of sorts.

To have the power to bind Satan IMHO was accomplished by the work Jesus did.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John

1. revelation God gave to Jesus
2. Jesus sent God's revelation to John by His angel

No, Jesus was or never has been an angel.

Actually we as servants of God are the messengers of the Gospel of Christ Jesus bring the message of good news to the world. To bind Satan is God's power and authority in which Christ was given on the day that He was baptized by John as Jesus had all the power and authority from God to begin His ministry here on earth.

If you and eddif want to discuss this further please start a new thread as that topic will be off topic for this thread and will be deleted. If you start a new thread please tag me in it.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Please start a new thread as this is off topic. Tag me if you do start one.

That interpretation doesn't fit because no one else who drinks the cup is prepared by the Father. Everyone after receives the cup prepared by Jesus. Read it again Christian. More carefully and open to the Holy Spirit. He's teaching things outside our box.
What does this have to do with the OP? please stay on topic, thank you.

What I think sometimes gets in the way of what God thinks. Hopefully I just try to find out what He thinks.

James 1:5 kjv
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I am not saying another person can not have an answer, but Saul of Tarsus prayed to God and God sent
Ananias. A hesitant Ananias.

Peter was sent to the gentiles. Noah was sent to Nineveh.

I did not start this thread. I have already pushed into an area I have little knowledge of.

Just read the original post and let us try and understand what this thread is about. Another thread might be needed. for_his_glory might have a suggestion about a title.

eddif
I reread the op and I overlooked a part that I shouldn't have. Thanks for the advise.Im Sorry.

God didn't judge the world in Genesis until the entire world had become permanently, unchanging evil. Human life in it's entirety will be in a permanent condition of evil again. But unlike the first time ,the second time is a world in a permanent condition in full knowledge, of what sin is and who God is. What more can God do?

The world will enter a permanent state of evil again. Christians will have given the persecutors it's greatest witness for Christ. The world is shown the power of Christ's Salvation. They saw the bodies of murdered Christian left on public display as trophies lift up to heaven just as the Christians said would happen.

The world is approaching that kind of condition. A global state of permanent ,unchangeable rejection of God. I think the Jewish people would be in the same condition of rejecting Christ as the world if it weren't for the two witnesses. I believe the two always were the only two able to convince them who Jesus is. To recognize their only son and weep.

for-his-glory
I'm sorry for being obstinately prejudice with you.

Last edited:
I reread the op and I overlooked a part that I shouldn't have. Thanks for the advise.Im Sorry.

God didn't judge the world in Genesis until the entire world had become permanently, unchanging evil. Human life in it's entirety will be in a permanent condition of evil again. But unlike the first time ,the second time is a world in a permanent condition in full knowledge, of what sin is and who God is. What more can God do?

The world will enter a permanent state of evil again. Christians will have given the persecutors it's greatest witness for Christ. The world is shown the power of Christ's Salvation. They saw the bodies of murdered Christian left on public display as trophies lift up to heaven just as the Christians said would happen.

The world is approaching that kind of condition. A global state of permanent ,unchangeable rejection of God. I think the Jewish people would be in the same condition of rejecting Christ as the world if it weren't for the two witnesses. I believe the two always were the only two able to convince them who Jesus is. To recognize their only son and weep.

for-his-glory
I'm sorry for being obstinately prejudice with you.
And this will all end when Christ returns and throws the beast and its false prophet alive into the lake of fire then binding Satan for a time just to let him loose for the battle of Armageddon where he and all who followed after him will be cast into the lake of fire

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After that of the beast, false prophet and all those political leaders from every nation have been revealed and destroyed by the brightness of Christ coming, 2 Thessalonians 2:8, Satan is bound for a thousand years as he can no longer deceive the nations anymore and after the thousand years are fulfilled he will be set loose for a small amount of time.​
There are various teachings about the thousand years, but I do not see the thousand years being literal after Satan is bound even though a thousand is written. I believe it is symbolic or figurative number like that of Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:3-5; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Satan will be held back for a time while Jesus plants His feet on the Mount of Olives. What else is to take place within a literal thousand years that will need to be fulfilled as the only thing left is for Satan to be loosed for a time as he gathers all nations for the final battle against the saints, but his army will be consumed by fire that God sends down from heaven and then Satan cast into the lake of fire. Why would God wait a thousand years for His final judgment? What else could possibly take place during a thousand years before God ushers down the New Jerusalem?

The millennial kingdom exists so human kind will procreate and produce descendants of Abraham as uncountable as the stars in heaven:

5 Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."
6 And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. (Gen. 15:5-6 NKJ)

God created a nearly infinite universe to be explored and populated by billions and billions and billions of children of God. Its their play ground.

Therefore, it is literal. The survivors of Armageddon, who didn't commit eternal sins, enter the millennial kingdom to be evangelized by the Kings and Priests of Christ, His church. At the end of the 1,000 years, all who have not converted will be tested when Satan is released, and all who fail the test (gog and magog) will be consumed by fire:

6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Rev. 20:6-10 NKJ)

These things are clearly revealed in the Scripture of Truth----why anyone think this isn't literally true is odd in my opinion.

God is not a man that He should speak out of both sides of His mouth, say what isn't true as though it were true.

The millennial kingdom exists so human kind will procreate and produce descendants of Abraham as uncountable as the stars in heaven:

5 Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."
6 And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. (Gen. 15:5-6 NKJ)

God created a nearly infinite universe to be explored and populated by billions and billions and billions of children of God. Its their play ground.

Therefore, it is literal. The survivors of Armageddon, who didn't commit eternal sins, enter the millennial kingdom to be evangelized by the Kings and Priests of Christ, His church. At the end of the 1,000 years, all who have not converted will be tested when Satan is released, and all who fail the test (gog and magog) will be consumed by fire:

6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Rev. 20:6-10 NKJ)

These things are clearly revealed in the Scripture of Truth----why anyone think this isn't literally true is odd in my opinion.

God is not a man that He should speak out of both sides of His mouth, say what isn't true as though it were true.
Abraham is the Father of Gentile children already. The numbers are great.

Romans 4:11 kjv
11. And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12. And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he hadbeing yet uncircumcised.

eddif

Abraham is the Father of Gentile children already. The numbers are great.

Romans 4:11 kjv
11. And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12. And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he hadbeing yet uncircumcised.

eddif
Great is not uncountable like the stars.

You are missing the full context of Genesis 15:1-6 as this is speaking about the seed covenant God made with Abraham about he and Sarah being childless. What God gave in showing Abraham all the stars in heaven God said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. From that day forward all who are of faith are the seed of faithful Abraham.

Paul also confirms this in Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Millennium does not start until Christ returns as at that time we who are His own are to meet Jesus in the air, Matthew 24:29-31; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Sorry, but in the Millennium Kingdom no one is married or given in marriage. There will be no procreation to further any new generations.

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

There are three heavens. Who could ever measure them for they are infinite within God's creation of them. Sorry, but no one is going to populate the universe. You would have to show your source for that.

First heaven - The firmament, Earths Atmosphere -which is the immediate sky, where the “fowls of the heaven” (Genesis 2:19; 7:3,23; Psalms 8:8, etc.), “the eagles of heaven” (Lamentations 4:19), it is our atmosphere that surrounds the earth.

Second Heaven - Outer Space, the starry heavens (Deuteronomy 17:3; Jeremiah 8:2; Matthew 24:29).
The second heaven is the starry heavens, where our atmosphere ends. It is the heavens in which the sun, moon, and stars are fixed in orbit.

Third Heaven - This is where God, Jesus and the holy angels dwell plus the very breath of just men dwell as when we die it is that breath that returns back to God. It is called “The heaven of heavens,” (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) - “The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. The third heaven is beyond the space and stars. Where no man has seen by telescope. This heaven is the dwelling-place of God (John 3:13).
We do not enter the Millennial Kingdom here on earth in our natural bodies, but in new glorified bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54. When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.
ddo
Matthew 24:29-31; Rev 19:11-21 Jesus descends down from heaven with His army of the host (angels) of heaven as while remaining in the air He sends His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather His own to Him. He will destroy the beast and false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire, Rev 19:15, 16. The remnant in Rev 19:21 are the world leaders of every nation on the earth that have followed after the beast that rules their government. The remnant will be slain by the very words Jesus speaks of their damnation as the fowls will be filled with their flesh and at that time Satan will be chained and bound so he can not interfere with the ungodly people that are still alive on earth that become the footstool of Christ. Then the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ and He shall reign for ever and the saints will begin to rule over the nations here on earth, Rev 11:15; 5:10; 20:1-3; Matthew 5:5.

Rev 20:7-10 Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. These are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after Satan is released for a season, Psalms 2:7-10; 110; Ezekiel 36; 37; Rev 20:7-9. The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14; Luke 21:20-22 and Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

(IMO 1000 years is a figurative number, not a literal number. It is figurative like the numbering in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.)

Back