Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

The site is definitely cleaner now than in the 80s. But it is sad the other structures weren't maintained to this day.
The storage unit was up and well used up to 1992.if my comcast WiFi comes back up I can post photos of that .it's barely visible in the last photo.

Ah the open wires. This plant had a switch room that is still there just empty. T and d manned it.when they needed power they pulled the lever .the plant had sparks and so forth above the diesEl turbines. It would only do that for a few seconds. Still scary

That says 1994.the photos can't be .you can't have it running with no fuEl tanks there .hmm who to ask.the guy I know left vero and worked inside the plant.

The storage unit was up and well used up to 1992.if my comcast WiFi comes back up I can post photos of that .it's barely visible in the last photo.

Ah the open wires. This plant had a switch room that is still there just empty. T and d manned it.when they needed power they pulled the lever .the plant had sparks and so forth above the diesEl turbines. It would only do that for a few seconds. Still scary

Kept life interesting, with sparks and all occurring above the turbines!

View attachment 10028

Was the storage unit falling apart? Was that the reason it was taken down?
well at the time in this image It wasn't looking all that terrible but the ole gal was horrible an possibly not in use. they weren't able to use the place until the clean up. the street was also being widened for the twin pairs.

well at the time in this image It wasn't looking all that terrible but the ole gal was horrible an possibly not in use. they weren't able to use the place until the clean up. the street was also being widened for the twin pairs.

Street widening has been the bane for many structures over the decades.

Traffic flow has a way of changing things.

On the University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana) campus, there's a main artery that goes thru the heart of campus. It used to be 5 lanes: 2 each direction, with a center turn lane. Well, because U of I students kept getting hit because they jaywalked & didn't pay attention to traffic, it was decided to make that main artery 3 lanes: 1 each direction, with a center turn lane, and bicycle lanes along the sides. Well, it was rather forgotten there were buses who needed space for loading/unloading passengers.

That main artery was a mess before all the changes. That main artery is now more of a mess because of the changes.

Such planning!

Traffic flow has a way of changing things.

On the University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana) campus, there's a main artery that goes thru the heart of campus. It used to be 5 lanes: 2 each direction, with a center turn lane. Well, because U of I students kept getting hit because they jaywalked & didn't pay attention to traffic, it was decided to make that main artery 3 lanes: 1 each direction, with a center turn lane, and bicycle lanes along the sides. Well, it was rather forgotten there were buses who needed space for loading/unloading passengers.
i
That main artery was a mess before all the changes. That main artery is now more of a mess because of the changes.

Such planning!

it was meant to slow us to shop. it never worked. the tunnel is gone at that time too

Back