Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

I watched both videos, and they were the same.

There was a much earlier video (posted the same day as the two about Wodtke's) that we talked about. I thought we talked about the Wodtke's videos as well. But then, maybe I merely remember laughing at the woman's memory of a driver deciding that Wodtke's offered drive-in services (drove her car into the store). Also about offering air conditioning earlier than many businesses, which attracted more shoppers.
Can't have been going fast as the two lights tween 21st and Osceola with traffic then woukd have kept her speed down.in 1980 the population was 30,000 in Indian river,now it's about 130000.in the first video the traffic light on the ground isn't visible and I think 21st and seminole had one too in that time.

Can't have been going fast as the two lights tween 21st and Osceola with traffic then woukd have kept her speed down.in 1980 the population was 30,000 in Indian river,now it's about 130000.in the first video the traffic light on the ground isn't visible and I think 21st and seminole had one too in that time.

It's possible she hit the accelerator instead of the brakes as she prepared to do a bit of parallel parking near Wodtke's...or diagonal parking, if that's how it was set up at the time.

A guy not too long ago drove his Jag into a business (about a half hour from where I live). He went to step on the brake... shoe sole slipped ... slammed down the accelerator. Jag was totaled. (The guy was a sophomore at university)

Diagonal as it is style today.I parked just south of where that was when I took the photos of the bank.

Diagonal as it is style today.I parked just south of where that was when I took the photos of the bank.

That's what I was thinking, about the parking style, that is.

During the time I was doing behind-the-wheel in drivers ed, a friend of mine was behind the wheel about 2 hours after I was. That particular day, everyone was working on parking styles. She did the parallel just fine. Diagonal? Pulled in smoothly, put the car in park, then put it in reverse to back out. She did that just fine.....except she forgot to look. Backed right into a vehicle that had just stopped because of traffic in front of him.

Did I mention that the car she hit was a police car? And the fact that she had applied a bit more acceleration to reversing than was necessary? And the drivers ed car was an older 'boat' (compared to all the compacts of today). There was a surprising lot of damage to both vehicles.

Sounds almost downright shameful that the ballfields & extra parking can't be used to assist the school, various clubs, etc.

Selling the land for multiple-family use may bring in more revenue, but that's going to create a real nuisance on the streets. The lack of parking for the students will cause problems.

Talk about not looking long term.
Fields aren't used much.there's more to that. I was talking about this on fb more to follow.

True. And if they're told their taxes will go up by a huge amount, they won't want it at all.
I think people will want it.we have ways of adressing this stuff.tennis courts not in use and now fixed as we have pickle ball ,pool needed work ,citizens got together and donated time and money

That was a brief video about the houses.

Some time ago, you posted a link to a book(?) or an article (?) that discussed those timely houses. The creativity and forethought of the people living in the late 1800s and early 1900s were spot on for what was needed. Rather reminded me of the mountain cabins that were kept stocked for travelers who encountered problems or bad weather and had to seek shelter.

That was a brief video about the houses.

Some time ago, you posted a link to a book(?) or an article (?) that discussed those timely houses. The creativity and forethought of the people living in the late 1800s and early 1900s were spot on for what was needed. Rather reminded me of the mountain cabins that were kept stocked for travelers who encountered problems or bad weather and had to seek shelter.

Bethel creek refuge becoming jaycee beach.it's one of those 10 homes.

A silly movie ,sing, reminded me of the Florida Theatre.my wife wanted to go find something silly to watch and forget the recent events.it worked.

A silly movie ,sing, reminded me of the Florida Theatre.my wife wanted to go find something silly to watch and forget the recent events.it worked.

Sometimes silly movies are just what's needed.

This afternoon, I caught parts of Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" while working further to unpack. I've always enjoyed Monty Python, and could count on them providing out-loud laughter.

Sometimes silly movies are just what's needed.

This afternoon, I caught parts of Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" while working further to unpack. I've always enjoyed Monty Python, and could count on them providing out-loud laughter.
King of the who? The Britons,who are they? We all are.

Back