Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Tin usually wears well.

Could be some squatters have taken to cutting the tin to recycle for money?
no that is one hard area and they will be noticed. the lady there hears them and they have reported the property to the city code enforcement. the man there is on the city finance commission. they know where I work, what I do. and vice versa. im sure if they saw tin being removed(which wouldn't be just that alone) it would be reported. the garage would need a ladder. I saw nothing there that indicated cutting. just caving in. oh well either case it is sad.

the owners who aren't in town don't seem inclined to either raze it or fix it. they were offered a bid for the land as the church that I have pictured is across the street and has a parking lot adjacent to it. if I never read meters. I would have never known. I hated that home for its unkept nature. the grassy pic with the meter box is where I had to enter and the grass was taller then me . so it sucked. it had power and was never used. I still remember the read, 850. that is how annoying it was. a few times I would stand outside pondering if I should just enter the read and move on. but they know the time tween the reads . the last read being the north condo to that one would have been noticeable so I never did.

The town should enforce property upkeep laws on those absentee owners.
oh that has been said a time or two. I know two now. one of them I just met. and another says what do we have code enforcement for if we don't enforce the codes? its really up to the neighbors. frankly the area on the grenada route as one moves north from royal palm gets more like Gifford. there are a lot of old 50s era homes and even older there in neglect. if the community doesn't care, code enforcement wont know or be motivated to act. not far north is the abandoned homes that I have posted.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the town doesn't have an arrangement with the utilities to report vacant and/or abandoned properties that are in violation of code.

I'm surprised the town doesn't have an arrangement with the utilities to report vacant and/or abandoned properties that are in violation of code.
We pull meters.we can call on code enforcement.but again we only do that if needed.we won't enter lots such as that I trained Mike on that route. I went to get the read the meter was pulled.I'm not sure why we dont.I know the sanitation does.Lonnie has hit owners up.the utility is under city control.

This is another sad.I have seen druggies,prostitutes in the parking area.they were gone before I could call the cops.yet it has a feeling.I'm beat up.yet the sun shines on me today.View attachment 7007

It's really hard to believe that houses like these are left to ruin.

That's a really pretty church.

When something like this other steeple protrudes above the trees it makes one curious about what it is attached to...

It's really hard to believe that houses like these are left to ruin.

That's a really pretty church.

When something like this other steeple protrudes above the trees it makes one curious about what it is attached to...
Apartment

Really, I never would have guessed that.
Never was a house.that is too big for that area.I will post the two story spanish homes on my routes.I was the dr.offices. another is one my paper route.I took these as I talked to the family of one who lived there.

Greenleaf estates.it's hidden.I will plan to enter that.the saddest and yet biggest.I have used it to verify homes nearby when I'm using ww2 topos.old grove home

I didn't realize the extent of the Spanish influence down there. I don't remember seeing that mid-state.
East coast and west coast. Mid florida was too savage to settle.mostly wood structures there.ie those old cracker homes.

there were some small settlements. but those mostly have been if they lasted from the mining of phosphate. farming and never to my limited knowledge had Spanish revival homes. remember this is way after the train by 40 years. some the hotels did along the flagler railroad and others but homes? not as much.

Back