Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Neon pink???? Now that would be interesting! (Not quite my taste in decorating, but there it is)
yes. there bungaloos on one route. I could have walked to them and taken a pic when I hit up st.Helens. It was just north of them and a block east. these are small.

That actually would be very interesting to see!
I will find a way to take those. Very active place.old bungalows .they are now apartments.2 bedroom one bathroom.I know one on my paper route.if I had decent light I use it.its the same style

terra cotta orange that turns pink.
Pink....?
When we were painting the outside of our house I wanted dh to pick out the colors with me. He wanted me to pick the colors. So I told him that I was going to paint it a peachy orange with cream trim. He decided really quickly he would help choose the colors. :biggrin

Pink....?
When we were painting the outside of our house I wanted dh to pick out the colors with me. He wanted me to pick the colors. So I told him that I was going to paint it a peachy orange with cream trim. He decided really quickly he would help choose the colors. :biggrin
this was where one was pink, it has been painted. I do know an off color purple one with some pink in it. just need an excuse to photo it. oh and I have found more graves in the Gifford area.why make a park near them? I hope there is no one resting there.

Are those glass block windows in the blue house? They have come back in style in recent yrs.

Wow, I cannot imagine these grave sites not being cared for, that is sad.

It looks like all those buildings were the same and some were renovated and others just left?

Are those glass block windows in the blue house? They have come back in style in recent yrs.

Wow, I cannot imagine these grave sites not being cared for, that is sad.

It looks like all those buildings were the same and some were renovated and others just left?
I Don't Know On Those shells.Alot Of thoses.THey Are gutted.With The Bungalows idk.I Took That A Few Blocks away.The graves.that was all wooded.theses aren't far.View attachment 7027 View attachment 7028 View attachment 7029

I was told there are no bodies under them nor are they black.gifford was settled by whites first.I know who to ask.besides to lumber men were resting there.a Redstone that is big name .there is Redstone homestead not far from the and it could be related

No bodies, just headstones....that is strange. These are made with some very attractive marble.
And very well preserved. I used to see these as a kid and wondered what was with this grave yard.I walked up to brick one.I also well was walking home.lol.

I always wondered why some people would choose bright blue, neon colors, or purples to paint their homes. Pink rather pushes matters, but could be understood to some level, I suppose.

Why would the tombstones be left if the bodies had been moved?

I always wondered why some people would choose bright blue, neon colors, or purples to paint their homes. Pink rather pushes matters, but could be understood to some level, I suppose.

Why would the tombstones be left if the bodies had been moved?
History
camp blanding has a marker with names for a mass grave of deceased German pows.they were moved to the ft.Benning. the marker us still at Blanding.

I had forgotten about the Ft Benning/German POWs history.

that alone deserve a thread. camp blanding if they kept it would have been home of the infantry. it was the largest post in the world with the amount of troops. 4 theatres. two pow camps(usa, usn). five stockades. it had at its height 55,000 troops. its part of the reason I started getting into my town's history.

tomorrow is the walker ave/26th st route. I will try to get some more pics of old homes. there is one I will get, the Judge Redstone homestead. the redstones are still here. if I post that on fb, I may get a few of them to talk. I already have with the bungalows. one of the people that live here, his parents rented those during ww2 as his dad was stationed there. these guys like that are great for photos and stories of the navy days of vero.

Unfortunately, if you started a thread about Ft Benning/German POWs' history, there would be some who would post about how awfully the US treated foreign POWs. If that did indeed happen, it would lead to problems for everyone.

Back