Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

salvation and the loss of it

The same could be said for OSNAS. Believe in Christ and MAYBE you'll never perish and avoid hell.
I see you still do not understand non-OSAS doctrine.
Those who believe in Christ are surely saved from hell and will never perish.
If you stop believing, that is when you are no longer saved and will perish.
Get it straight. The believer is the one who has eternal life, not the ex/un-believer (John 5:24 NASB). But you keep insisting those who don't believe have eternal life in complete and utter contradiction to what Jesus said.

yes through faith how much faith does it take ?
The faith that is strong enough to be seen in what it does:

"...faith expressing itself through love." (Galatians 5:6 NIV)

That is the faith that justifies--the faith that causes a person to love. That's how you quantify justifying faith. But so many in the church think that dead faith that doesn't find expression through love also justifies just as surely as faith that does express itself through love justifies. James makes it clear that the faith that can not be seen in a person is a faith that is too weak to save:

"14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?" (James 2:14 NIV)

You got me wrong. I said if you can lose your salvation....you already have.

I trust you noticed the "if"
Noted.

But your statement is false. The person who presently believes in the gospel he first heard is presently saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 NASB). Believers have not lost their salvation already....that's impossible since they are still trusting God for salvation. They will lose it if they stop believing.

Last edited:
You got me wrong. I said if you can lose your salvation....you already have.

I trust you noticed the "if"

Ironic

Colossians 1
21 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,
22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,
23 if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

I trust you notice the "if".

The faith that is strong enough to be seen in what it does:

"...faith expressing itself through love." (Galatians 5:6 NIV)

That is the faith that justifies--the faith that causes a person to love. That's how you quantify justifying faith. But so many in the church think that dead faith that doesn't find expression through love also justifies just as surely as faith that does express itself through love justifies. James makes it clear that the faith that can not be seen in a person is a faith that is too weak to save:

"14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?" (James 2:14 NIV)
i agree on james which basically says faith works use it.... we do accept by faith and granted we have been given a measure of faith. but what happens if i have weak faith. am i no longer saved

Maybe satan like to convince people that no matter what they may do/think /say/preach their salvation is OK

i agree on james which basically says faith works use it.... we do accept by faith and granted we have been given a measure of faith. but what happens if i have weak faith. am i no longer saved

No, weak faith is not grounds for not being in Christ.

Having 'faith' in something else for salvation is.

If someone comes to Christ, then goes back to a life of sin - denying the discipline of God to bring him back to repentance and union with Christ - then, relies on what he said or did in order to justify him before God - then he doesn't have 'weak faith', he has false faith in something other than Christ for righteousness.

Faith is in Christ for salvation, not in our belief in Him. If a persons faith is in their belief in Him, then they will most certainly doubt from time to time. Human belief is fickle at best, it can't compare to the word of God.

Faith in the word of God is very stable until a person wants to believe it is false or something is better.

Maybe satan like to convince people that no matter what they may do/think /say/preach their salvation is OK
none of my post is to be a argument .my point is there are 2 sides to a coin and 2 sides of doctrine belief . i will use the Baptist and the Pentecostals as example one time only.. the baptist the majority do not believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the evidence of speaking in tongues . while those of the pentc faith believe it. who am i to say they are wrong... , ( if it is totally false then we should speak out on it}
i have no doubt he is great at deceiving but we also deceive our self . what did pault write in Galatians o foolish Galatians ----
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

none of my post is to be a argument .my point is there are 2 sides to a coin and 2 sides of doctrine belief . i will use the Baptist and the Pentecostals as example one time only.. the baptist the majority do not believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the evidence of speaking in tongues . while those of the pentc faith believe it. who am i to say they are wrong... , ( if it is totally false then we should speak out on it}
i have no doubt he is great at deceiving but we also deceive our self . what did pault write in Galatians o foolish Galatians ----
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Both sides of God's Coin of Salvation have the same Image. So no matter which side you look at, it always shows the same thing. :)

If Judas was not saved why is it he was lost.. Joh_17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Why do people think that Gods coin has two different doctrinal beliefs?

Could it be just a lot of counterfeit coins being circulated, that have one side that looks like the real coin?
not so much God coin has 2 different doctrines . the Body of Christ has took doctrinal Beliefs and allowed division . in the area i live in back in early spring we had historical flooding in the town of Doniphan mo the current river crested to 35 feet . the first church of God was flooded all the way to the edge of the roof. ruined the building . the west point Pentecost Church has turned over there building on Sunday mornings at 8:30 a.m .for the Cog to hold services. which makes me proud..
church doctrine can bring about fleshly indifference. we preach teach one Lord one Faith one Baptism . but yet i hear preachers say osas is false teaching and i have heard preachers say i would hate to part of a Church that could lose it.
there is two sides to a coin ( BUT GOD coin only has one side jesus way truth life } . you believe one way and i believe another way. yet we agree 1. man must be born again.. 2. the Virgin birth of Christ 3. the Death on the cross. 4 the Resurrection 5 his coming again. but yet we have those who fail to acknowledge the Body of Christ has many members . how often we forget psalms 133

Back