Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation through baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Nevertheless, I believe that it is a necessity for salvation (Acts 2:39, Romans 8:30).

The argument may be that that would make it a work of the law.

However, if that is the case, then confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus, believing that God has raised Him from the dead, would also be a work of the law; since salvation cannot be accomplished without it.
Yes, not to mention "hearing", "having faith", "confessing", "repenting", etc.
Those who insert the false "anti-works doctrine" into the baptismal situation wish to deprive us of repentance from sin and remission of sins.
The perfect accommodation for continued sinning.

I don't think that anyone is saved except after they repent and receive baptism in Jesus' Name.
Agreed.
But I would phrase it as "nobody will be saved..."
We won't know if we are saved until we see out name is in the book of life.
Then we can start yelling "I am saved"!!!

Agreed.
But I would phrase it as "nobody will be saved..."
We won't know if we are saved until we see out name is in the book of life.
Then we can start yelling "I am saved"!!!
Actually, I think that I disagree with you there, based on the following verses.

Rom 8:16, The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

1Jo 5:13, These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I believe that we can know that we know that we know that we are saved.

What is repentance but change of mind so that you begin to walk in newness of life?
It is a "turning away" from darkness and unto the light, from satan and unto God.
But without our "immersion" into Christ's death, repentance is doomed to failure.
Our death with Christ also provides the destruction of the old man and rebirth of the new creature.
No more walking in and after the flesh, but in and after the Spirit.
And what is walking in newness of life except the result of repentance?
See above.
There is one baptism (Ephesians 4:4).
One, by God, and one, by man.
Whether it was accomplished by John the Baptist, Jesus, one of Jesus' disciples, or by any of their converts throughout the ages, water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins is baptism into the body of Christ.
And much more.
John's water baptism unto repentance was OT.
It could not do what NT water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins can do.

• What about the phrase "Jesus Christ" makes you say it is a name?
justbyfaith: <NO ANSWER>
  • What about the phrase "Jesus Christ" makes you say it is not a title?
What about "JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS"? Is that a title, a τίτλον? Yes or No?

You will continue in your failure to have answered this question until you either 1) affirm that "JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS" is a title, or 2) deny that "JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS" is a title. But I understand the nature of the position you've trapped yourself in, why you have cornered yourself into stonewalling against answering this question.😁

"Jesus of Nazareth" is a name; "King of the Jews" is a title.
Note that I did not ask you about the phrase, "Jesus of Nazareth"; nor did I ask you about the phrase, "King of the Jews". The question I asked you is about the phrase, "JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS": is it a title? Yes or No?

What's with the Greek lettering?
Greek lettering is used to write a Greek word. Wouldn't you agree?

Actually, I think that I disagree with you there, based on the following verses.

Rom 8:16, The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

1Jo 5:13, These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I believe that we can know that we know that we know that we are saved.
What we may feel and consider ourselves today, may one day change because of persecution or some other derailer.
Endure faithfully till the end !

Here are a few more.

Phl 1:6, Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,
hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth
for ever.

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Jhn 10:28, And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Jhn 10:29, My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Eph 1:13, In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Here are a few more.

Phl 1:6, Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,
hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Jhn 10:28, And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Jhn 10:29, My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Eph 1:13, In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Don't get too full of yourself. (overconfident)
Bad times are on the way.
Endure...

Don't get too full of yourself. (overconfident)
Bad times are on the way.
Endure...
My trust is certainly not in me or my own ability to endure...

It is in God and His ability to keep me through the bad times.

We can never be too confident in God. He is Omnipotent and loving.

Last edited:
"King of the Jews" is a title;

"Jesus of Nazareth" is the name that the title is applied to.

In saying "title", John was referring to the former and not the latter.

Because clearly, "Jesus Christ of Nazareth" is a name and not a title (Acts 4:10-12).

Rendered what in Greek? I merely wrote a Greek word. You call that "rendering in Greek"? Why?

How was τίτλον Englished in John's Gospel?
Why don't you be the one to tell us?

I know the answer (because I have blue letter bible and did a word search);

(and also, the program of this message board kindly translated it for me);

But I think that you want to be the one to tell us so you can get your jollies.

But I think that we have been mincing about words.

The Lord wants me to be patient with you, Paul E. Michael;

But he has also commanded that we not engage in foolish discussions or arguments about words.
Bear in mind that I continue to report your posts to the moderators whenever you resort to derogatory personal attacks against me, as you are doing here, rather than try to deal with what I have written in my posts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back