Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Scripture required?

I would suggest you do… more research about the origins of the roman catholic church which comes from pagan origins when it was founded in Rome by Constantine about 300AD. This is well known in history. Constantine was the first pope, and he mixed paganism with Christianity and that is how the Roman catholic church was born.
Irenaeus

“As I said before, the Church, having received this preaching and this faith, although she is disseminated throughout the whole world, yet guarded it, as if she occupied but one house. She likewise believes these things just as if she had but one soul and one and the same heart; and harmoniously she proclaims them and teaches them and hands them down, as if she possessed but one mouth. For, while the languages of the world are diverse, nevertheless, the authority of the tradition is one and the same” (Against Heresies 1:10:2 [A.D. 189]).

“That is why it is surely necessary to avoid them [heretics], while cherishing with the utmost diligence the things pertaining to the Church, and to lay hold of the tradition of truth. . . . What if the apostles had not in fact left writings to us? Would it not be necessary to follow the order of tradition, which was handed down to those to whom they entrusted the churches?” (ibid., 3:4:1).

“It is possible, then, for everyone in every church, who may wish to know the truth, to contemplate the tradition of the apostles which has been made known throughout the whole world. And we are in a position to enumerate those who were instituted bishops by the apostles and their successors to our own times—men who neither knew nor taught anything like these heretics rave about.

“But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the successions of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles.

“With this church, because of its superior origin, all churches must agree—that is, all the faithful in the whole world—and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition” (ibid., 3:3:1–2)

All Christians must be in obedience and subject to Jesus Christ the king, and that extends to His kingdom and His lawful ministers!

Please explain this concept of acceptance for sin?
I will start with your confessionals.
If Catholics are actually living in obedience to God, why are there confessionals in every "church" ?
Especially when scripture says..."Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear." (1 Tim 5:20)

Why are all your pastors unmarried, when scripture says marriage is a necessary qualification to hold the office of bishop/pastor ?

I find it interesting that you mentioned "lawful" ministers.
Whose law ?
Not the Mosaic Law, as we are dead to that, so is it the laws of America ?

I will start with your confessionals.
If Catholics are actually living in obedience to God, why are there confessionals in every "church" ?
Especially when scripture says..."Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear." (1 Tim 5:20)

Why are all your pastors unmarried, when scripture says marriage is a necessary qualification to hold the office of bishop/pastor ?

I find it interesting that you mentioned "lawful" ministers.
Whose law ?
Not the Mosaic Law, as we are dead to that, so is it the laws of America ?
Positive divine law from Christ to his apostles and their successors down to or day thru the tradition of the apostles.

Confession Jn 20:21 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Thks

The scripture is everything we need. Everyone who is a christian dwells on the scripture. Some ignore it, and others misread what it says. But i believe that context is key to understanding the bible.

The scripture is everything we need. Everyone who is a christian dwells on the scripture. Some ignore it, and others misread what it says. But i believe that context is key to understanding the bible.
Scripture yes!
Scripture alone no!

The church was founded and existed and exercised authority in teaching, governance, and sanctifying souls before the New Testament was written!

The church does not require the scriptures to know the truth!

The church wrote the scripture!

The church was taught by Christ in person for three years!

And commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19

For 30 plus years before the apostles wrote scripture
By the inspiration of the Holy Ghost they taught and preached and settle matters of doctrine!

Acts 8:12 & 25 & 35
Acts 13:5
1 pet 1:25

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (Matt 16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the cannon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the cannon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Thanks

Positive divine law from Christ to his apostles and their successors down to or day thru the tradition of the apostles.

Confession Jn 20:21 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Thks
How come no Catholics walk in the light-God ?

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles
The Church that christ formed doesn't exist anymore.
All you need to do is look at the pagan holidays your church inserted into your religion.
Easter
Christmas.

Do you think God approves of a false church celebrating the way pagans do or are we supposed to be set apart.

Deuteronomy 12:29-31.

29 When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31 Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God: for every abomination to the Lord, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

How come no Catholics walk in the light-God ?
How many of the great saints am could I mention?

How about the great saint Francis of Assisi!

Great apostles & evangelists!

Fathers & doctors of the church!

Or the thousands of martyrs like Saint Stephen acts 7 or saint antipass rev 2:13 who was faithful!

The glorious virgin-martyrs!
Saint Philomena!

The great saint Francis de Sales who fought valiantly against the Protestant heresy and Calvinism converting over a hundred thousand back the one, holy, catholic, & apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ for the salvation of all men!

Thks

All you need to do is look at the pagan holidays your church inserted into your religion.
Easter
Christmas.

Do you think God approves of a false church celebrating the way pagans do or are we supposed to be set apart.

29 When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31 Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God: for every abomination to the Lord, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
What happened to your faith in Christ and His eternal words? Matt 24:35

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jn 8:32 (to His Apostles) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 (to His Apostles) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Epiphanius of Salamis

“It is needful also to make use of tradition, for not everything can be gotten from sacred Scripture. The holy apostles handed down some things in the scriptures, other things in tradition” (Medicine Chest Against All Heresies 61:6 [A.D. 375]).

Basil the Great

“Of the dogmas and messages preserved in the Church, some we possess from written teaching and others we receive from the tradition of the apostles, handed on to us in mystery. In respect to piety, both are of the same force. No one will contradict any of these, no one, at any rate, who is even moderately versed in matters ecclesiastical. Indeed, were we to try to reject unwritten customs as having no great authority, we would unwittingly injure the gospel in its vitals; or rather, we would reduce [Christian] message to a mere term” (The Holy Spirit 27:66 [A.D. 375]).

Easter
Christmas.

On Easter we celebrate the resurrection of our savior, it’s the world that celebrates bunnies!

In Christmas we celebrate Christ’s mass! The mass of His nativity, the light of the world!

Christmas lights represent the light of the world the tree represents the cross, etc.

Not pagan you should have a little history the church (kingdom) founded by Christ has conquered the pagan world including the pagan Roman Empire!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

I
How many of the great saints am could I mention?

How about the great saint Francis of Assisi!

Great apostles & evangelists!

Fathers & doctors of the church!

Or the thousands of martyrs like Saint Stephen acts 7 or saint antipass rev 2:13 who was faithful!

The glorious virgin-martyrs!
Saint Philomena!

The great saint Francis de Sales who fought valiantly against the Protestant heresy and Calvinism converting over a hundred thousand back the one, holy, catholic, & apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ for the salvation of all men!

Thks
I quit catholicism so I COULD walk in the light.
Your listed characters should have too.
Jesus founded no churches that the devil has reigned over.

I

I quit catholicism so I COULD walk in the light.
Your listed characters should have too.
Jesus founded no churches that the devil has reigned over.
There is only one church one ark of required for salvation!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Don,
You can claim the catholic church is The Church Christ started but according to real history it isn't even close. Satan created his version, which wound up being the catholic religion, and then there is the true church where faith and obedience to God's will is all it takes.

Christmas... pagan...
Easter... pagan...
Gods outright command tells us not to celebrate the way pagans do, but to keep HIS holy days.

That was already (bound in heaven) and can't be loosed on earth by anyone.

Moved the sabbath to sun-day
For the sun-god pagans.

Don,
You can claim the catholic church is The Church Christ started but according to real history it isn't even close. Satan created his version, which wound up being the catholic religion, and then there is the true church where faith and obedience to God's will is all it takes.

Christmas... pagan...
Easter... pagan...
Gods outright command tells us not to celebrate the way pagans do, but to keep HIS holy days.

That was already (bound in heaven) and can't be loosed on earth by anyone.

Moved the sabbath to sun-day
For the sun-god pagans.
Not for that reason
And it’s not called Sunday for that reason but cos that’s the day God created the sun
It was moved cos of the Lord’s day (resurrection) by authentic apostolic authority of Christ in His church
Matt 16:18-19

We are not Jews nor of the old creation or old covenant

New covenant Christians are a new creation new sabbath new feasts
Immaculate conception dec.8th assumption aug. 15th have been celebrated since apostolic times in the tradition of the apostles

Christians CANNOT FOLLOW JEWISH PRACTICES!

They pointed to the messiah and to continue them would be to deny that Christ has come in the flesh!

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Nor do sects have a right to exist or to teach their errors!
Matt 16:18-19 only Christ has authority to establish a church!

And it is of divine origin and therefore eternal and cannot be reformed!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Thanks

They never had the authority to change the law. No human does.
Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Whatsoever!

Matt 28:18-19
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

All power!

Thks

Back