Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Scripture required?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
After salvation? When you are in heaven?

A short catechism!

Jn 3:16 ((believe in Christ))
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27 ((union with Christ by faith & baptism))
Jn 15:4 ((we must abide in Christ))
1 cor 13:2 (( charity & not by faith alone))
Phil 1:29 ((suffering not by faith alone))
Matt 25 Jn 15:5 phil 4:13 ((grace vivifies our works to be meritorious and salutary))
Matt 24:13 ((endure to the end to be saved))
Jn 5:29 ((good unto life & evil unto death))
Romans 8:17 2 Tim 2:12 ((glorified with Christ if we suffer with Him))
Rom 2:6 Rev 2: 19 ((reward for good works done in no no Christ & grace))

You are misusing 2 Thessalonians 2:15.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

What Christian traditions were taught by word, or in writing?
Traditions are something you do.
Prayer certainly; probably communion, and baptism also are the essential traditional acts of the believer after salvation.
But you can die without taking communion and still go to heaven.
You can, not be baptized, and still go to heaven.
You cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit unto death and still go to heaven.
What is the difference?
Salvation, like Scripture, is from God.
Paul is not saying that the Word of God is just a tradition.

Also, if Scripture is just tradition, try changing it.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Quite frankly, I am surprised by your statement.
Scripture is to be honored and obeyed.
Actually, obedience is how we honor Scripture.

If the ten commandments are just tradition, why follow them!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If the Catholic Church views Scripture as only tradition, I have much less respect for them.
That means when the going gets touch, they can say it's just tradition.
I can take the mark of the beast.
I can take God's name in vain.
I can blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
After all, it's just tradition.

Scripture is the final authority of the believer.

If not by Scripture, why do you use it to prove your points of view?
Why should I follow your points of view if they are just tradition?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Tradition means teaching not customs and habits

You will many places in the NT like this
“As I have received from the Lord I have made known unto you”

That is tradition

1 cor 11:23 as an example
Paul taught them what He received from Christ by oral teaching and then much later he wrote it down

The New Testament is twice the product of apostolic tradition

The apostles wrote and the church approved the NT canon by the apostolic authority
Thks

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (Matt 16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)
Sacred Scripture according to the churches cannon and interpretation? Yes!
Scripture alone? No!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17 1 Jn 4:6

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

The Christian faith is revealed by Christ!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the canon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

Christ and His church are one!
((Inseparable unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20 Lk 22:29

Scripture and tradition and the church are revealed and of divine origin
And cannot be reformed!
Thks

You are misusing 2 Thessalonians 2:15.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

What Christian traditions were taught by word, or in writing?
Traditions are something you do.
Prayer certainly; probably communion, and baptism also are the essential traditional acts of the believer after salvation.
But you can die without taking communion and still go to heaven.
You can, not be baptized, and still go to heaven.
You cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit unto death and still go to heaven.
What is the difference?
Salvation, like Scripture, is from God.
Paul is not saying that the Word of God is just a tradition.

Also, if Scripture is just tradition, try changing it.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Quite frankly, I am surprised by your statement.
Scripture is to be honored and obeyed.
Actually, obedience is how we honor Scripture.

If the ten commandments are just tradition, why follow them!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If the Catholic Church views Scripture as only tradition, I have much less respect for them.
That means when the going gets touch, they can say it's just tradition.
I can take the mark of the beast.
I can take God's name in vain.
I can blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
After all, it's just tradition.

Scripture is the final authority of the believer.

If not by Scripture, why do you use it to prove your points of view?
Why should I follow your points of view if they are just tradition?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Mk 16:16 he who believes (((AND))) is baptized shall be saved! Also see Jn 3:5 & 3:22 acts 2:38-39 acts 23:16 acts 8 1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27 Titus 3:5 and 1 pet 3:29-21

and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

More non-biblical doctrines of men.

That's OK though because scripture let's us know what is truth.

It is revealed to us by his spirit. Not some religion that claims that only they can interpret the deep things of God.

1 cor 2:10 and13

10 But God hath revealed them unto (((us))) by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

13And (((we))) impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

More non-biblical doctrines of men.

That's OK though because scripture let's us know what is truth.

It is revealed to us by his spirit. Not some religion that claims that only they can interpret the deep things of God.

1 cor 2:10 and13

10 But God hath revealed them unto (((us))) by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

13And (((we))) impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
Us and we are the apostolic authority in the church
Jn 16:13 lead the apostles into all
Truth they are commanded to teach us Matt 28:19

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

Us and we are the apostolic authority in the church

So the church (catholic) authorities ARE NOT the only ones that can interpret scripture then.

WE, and US, can interpret scripture and correct the church when they have interpreted it incorrectly.

That is why many beliefs broke away from the catholic church. It is because they error in their interpretation and will not stand for correction in theology.

So the church (catholic) authorities ARE NOT the only ones that can interpret scripture then.

WE, and US, can interpret scripture and correct the church when they have interpreted it incorrectly.

That is why many beliefs broke away from the catholic church. It is because they error in their interpretation and will not stand for correction in theology.
One church Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

I understand your claim that the RCC is the one and only true church, but can you back your claim with 1 bible verse that says your religion formed 300 Years after christ died, is the same doctrine that Peter taught?

When they added pagan holidays (christmas/easter) and changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday they veered off what Peter taught and taught a different religion.

Don't quote your out of context bound in heaven or earth scripture because it just doesn't have the scriptural backing.

The Church can't bind anything on earth that hasn't already been bound in heaven FIRST.

If they could, they could Actually say thou shalt not murder is no longer valid, legalizing it on earth. We all know that if it isn't bound in heaven first, it can't be bound on earth on a whim of a religion.

Last edited:
Tm 2:5: For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
((Inseparable authority & unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:4-5 eph 5:24 Jn 20:21-23

One shepherd and one fold! Jn 10:16

I agree, but it's not the RCC. His church is anyone who enters the faith.

There are some in the RCC that would be considered to be in the church, but it's not a denomination or a specific religion.

You are blinded by pride brother.

Not some cloud “spirit” church?
What religion does that refer to?

To be honest the first time his church is mentioned is in the old testament, and it isn't the RCC.

Congregation, an assembly of persons, especially a body assembled for religious worship or (((habitually attending a particular church.))) The word occurs more than 350 times in the King James Version of the English Bible.

Act 13:43 KJV - 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
the congregation was represented by the Sanhedrim; and the name synagogue, applied in the Septuagint version exclusively to the congregation, came to be used to denote the places of worship established by the Jews. (See CHURCH.)

Also keep this in mind.

Matt 15:24
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

He came for the lost sheep of ISRAEL. Since Israel was scattered amongst the nations and actually became goyum. He came for us and we are graphed into the nation of Israel.

If you have been graphed into Israel (((Gods First true church))) everything he has commanded In regards to Israel, is also commanded of us.

One church, One God, One set of commands and that includes the Sabbath, food commands, the feast days,

The law isn't a prerequisite for salvation, but obedience to God is a condition to maintain your salvation.

Psalms.
151 But you are near, O Lord,
and all your commandments are true.
152 Long have I known from your testimonies
that you have founded them forever.

160 The sum of your word is truth,
and ((every one)) of your righteous rules endures ((forever.))

Last edited:
I agree, but it's not the RCC. His church is anyone who enters the faith.

There are some in the RCC that would be considered to be in the church, but it's not a denomination or a specific religion.

You are blinded by pride brother.

What religion does that refer to?

To be honest the first time his church is mentioned is in the old testament, and it isn't the RCC.

Congregation, an assembly of persons, especially a body assembled for religious worship or (((habitually attending a particular church.))) The word occurs more than 350 times in the King James Version of the English Bible.

Act 13:43 KJV - 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
the congregation was represented by the Sanhedrim; and the name synagogue, applied in the Septuagint version exclusively to the congregation, came to be used to denote the places of worship established by the Jews. (See CHURCH.)

Also keep this in mind.

Matt 15:24
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

He came for the lost sheep of ISRAEL. Since Israel was scattered amongst the nations and actually became goyum. He came for us and we are graphed into the nation of Israel.

If you have been graphed into Israel (((Gods First true church))) everything he has commanded In regards to Israel, is also commanded of us.

One church, One God, One set of commands and that includes the Sabbath, food commands, the feast days,

The law isn't a prerequisite for salvation, but obedience to God is a condition to maintain your salvation.

Psalms.
151 But you are near, O Lord,
and all your commandments are true.
152 Long have I known from your testimonies
that you have founded them forever.

160 The sum of your word is truth,
and ((every one)) of your righteous rules endures ((forever.))
The church is the new covenant and Christ’s kingdom with hierarchical and jurisdictional authority

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5 (the church is the new Jerusalem the kingdom) gal 4:26 (one church) Jn 10:16

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

The church is the new covenant and Christ’s kingdom with hierarchical and jurisdictional authority

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5 (the church is the new Jerusalem the kingdom) gal 4:26 (one church) Jn 10:16

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Lol.
I can't help but laugh.

His KINGDOM is NOT a religion.
I don't care how much scripture you produce on his kingdom. The bottom line is that it is not any one religion.

Keep quoting scripture that will never prove your religion is God's kingdom.

Not one scripture you quoted has anything to do with the RCC.

Your church is addressed in revelation. The whore that sits on many waters.

Lol.
I can't help but laugh.

His KINGDOM is NOT a religion.
I don't care how much scripture you produce on his kingdom. The bottom line is that it is not any one religion.

Keep quoting scripture that will never prove your religion is God's kingdom.

Not one scripture you quoted has anything to do with the RCC.

Your church is addressed in revelation. The whore that sits on many waters.
That the pagan Roman Empire that was conquered by Christ and His church!

The church is the new covenant

I don't see that.

The new covenant is made with Israel (his lost sheep) and Judah.

It's made with people, not a religion.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back