Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Its the same mindset that says “a Christian can not be forgiven of a sin, because if he does sin, he was never a born again Christian to begin with”.
if anyone buys into this. they do not understand the doctrine of Grace. but for the life of me what does this have to do with women preachers

if anyone buys into this. they do not understand the doctrine of Grace. but for the life of me what does this have to do with women preachers

Now it’s women preachers?

What do you have against women preachers?

You do understand that prophets are preachers, right?

The New Testament model of prophets is John the Baptist.

JLB

Now it’s women preachers?

What do you have against women preachers?

You do understand that prophets are preachers, right?

The New Testament model of prophets is John the Baptist.

JLB
what in God green earth are you even talking about ?

what in God green earth are you even talking about ?

The discussion was about women teaching or speaking in Churches.

Now you insist women can't preach.

I am saying that women can indeed preach and there are women who prophesy.

Prophecy is speaking forth the word of God.

Preaching is speaking forth the word of God.

Where in the bible does it say women are forbidden to preach, witness for Christ, share the Gospel?

JLB

Now you insist women can't preach.
i can only go by what scripture has to say . if any Man desire the office of a bishiop . you then said that only applied to bishops. to be a Bishop which is a type overseer of preachers/pastors.. so that would mean they had to be a former at one time..
why would it just suddenly Change just for a Bishop ? its like saying as a policeman its ok to break the law off duty. but not ok for us.

once again i go by what the qualification Paul wrote to timothy .. i am not hardcore anti women they have a place they can teach adult classes they can speak in Church.

1 Timothy 3​

“This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.”
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil

if these are true scriptures and they are where is the error once again i let God sort this out . if they are w rong they get the greater judgment.. do i think they will die and go to hell ? NO

if you can show me thus saith the Lord solo scripture women are to preach. yes i am aware of Deborah the prophetess i can show more scripture where men was appointed .

not really that interested in a argument

i have a woman i know that consider like family is woman pentc preacher. i dont go around rebuking her, in fact in a different church i asked her to do the mothers day service.. she did not preach only honored mothers. btw i never told her not preach i fully trusted her do what was right. i highlighted the words man he him . your always posting about taking away from the word. so the ball is in your court.. :thumbsup

Do you understand that a person still has a physical body that contains sin, even after they are water baptized?
No, I don't.
I am a new creature now, and all things have been made new. (2 Cor 5:17)
The sin of the old me was crucified with the rest of me and was buried. (Rom 6:3-6, Gal 5:24)
I have undergone the circumcision made with out hands, "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" (Col 2:11)
I am in Christ, since by water baptism into Him.
So, is there sin in Christ?
There is no sin in here.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Romans 6:12
Don't let it in, and it cant reign in your mortal vessel...which, BTW, is the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Is the temple of God polluted?
No, it isn't.
It is sanctified.

No, I don't.
I am a new creature now, and all things have been made new. (2 Cor 5:17)
The sin of the old me was crucified with the rest of me and was buried. (Rom 6:3-6, Gal 5:24)
I have undergone the circumcision made with out hands, "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" (Col 2:11)
I am in Christ, since by water baptism into Him.

So you believe your physical body is born again?

JLB

Don't let it in, and it cant reign in your mortal vessel...which, BTW, is the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Is the temple of God polluted?
No, it isn't.
It is sanctified.

What part of the Temple did the presence of God dwell in?

The Outer Court?
The Holy Place?
The Holy of Holies?

JLB

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Do these pronouns of "we" "us" and "our" that John uses refer to Christians or non Christ
He uses them for both, as he is showing Christians how to tell if folks are really in Christ or not.
"If we" walk in darkness, "we" can neither say "we" have fellowship with God or that "we" have no sin.
"If we" walk in the light, "we" CAN say we have fellowship with God and that "we" have no sin...because the blood of Christ washed it away after confession and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins..
John presents the options.
Light, or darkness.
Our choice.

So you believe your physical body is born again?
Absolutely, as it is a part of 2 Cor 5:17's "things".
It is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
Of course this depends on us actually being "in Christ".

What part of the Temple did the presence of God dwell in?

The Outer Court?
The Holy Place?
The Holy of Holies?
As the entire world cannot house God, I will answer...All of the temple.
Is there a portion of your vessel reserved for the part that was not regenerated?

Last edited:
The only way out of this impasse that I can see is to follow the teaching of the master. After all, we do claim to be Christians, so let us follow the example set by the saviour of the world, Jesus Christ. the head of the Christian Church.
Otherwise, if Paul is people's preferred teacher, and remember, he had female teachers and prophets among his number, then be true to your faith and identify as a Pauline.

Last edited:
Paul
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church at Cenchreae, (2) that you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well. (3) Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, (4) who risked their necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks but all the churches of the Gentiles give thanks as well. (5) Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in Asia. (6) Greet Mary, who has worked hard for you. (7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners. They are well known to the apostles, and they were in Christ before me. (8) Greet Ampliatus, my beloved in the Lord. (9) Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my beloved Stachys. (10) Greet Apelles, who is approved in Christ. Greet those who belong to the family of Aristobulus. (11) Greet my kinsman Herodion. Greet those in the Lord who belong to the family of Narcissus. (12) Greet those workers in the Lord, Tryphaena and Tryphosa. Greet the beloved Persis, who has worked hard in the Lord. (13) Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord; also his mother, who has been a mother to me as well. (14) Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas, and the brothers who are with them. (15) Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them. (16) Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

Rom 16:1-16 ESV

I agree completely.
Women are simply not called to the office of pastor-teacher.
But I will make room for it if I have to, like in the days of Deborah in their 'beta male' days.
So, far, haven't had to, lol.
Once many years ago I decided to not attend a church I was visiting because the wife/husband pastoral team leading the church was her in charge and he following behind her like a whipped puppy. Wholly unfitting!

Jethro,

You are not responding to what I wrote. I said: 'If a pastor is "imposing authority" and she is female, it seems to violate Scripture.'

Oz

The reason Paul prohibits female pastoral teaching authority is based in creation itself, not in the culture of his time or any other time in history.

1 Timothy 2:12-14
12I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man;c she is to remain quiet. 13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

Jethro,

You have not interpreted the correct word for authority used here - authentein. Please do your homework.

Oz

Paul
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church at Cenchreae, (2) that you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well. (3) Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, (4) who risked their necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks but all the churches of the Gentiles give thanks as well. (5) Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in Asia. (6) Greet Mary, who has worked hard for you. (7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners. They are well known to the apostles, and they were in Christ before me. (8) Greet Ampliatus, my beloved in the Lord. (9) Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my beloved Stachys. (10) Greet Apelles, who is approved in Christ. Greet those who belong to the family of Aristobulus. (11) Greet my kinsman Herodion. Greet those in the Lord who belong to the family of Narcissus. (12) Greet those workers in the Lord, Tryphaena and Tryphosa. Greet the beloved Persis, who has worked hard in the Lord. (13) Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord; also his mother, who has been a mother to me as well. (14) Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas, and the brothers who are with them. (15) Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them. (16) Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

Rom 16:1-16 ESV
none of this says accept as preachers these was all that was his helpers in the ministry . woman have a very vital part in the ministry of the church. he chose man to be the leader

i can only go by what scripture has to say . if any Man desire the office of a bishiop . you then said that only applied to bishops. to be a Bishop which is a type overseer of preachers/pastors.. so that would mean they had to be a former at one time..
why would it just suddenly Change just for a Bishop ? its like saying as a policeman its ok to break the law off duty. but not ok for us.

Going back to my post from Ephesians 4, where I pointed out the five fold leadership positions.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,…

There were women who were prophets in the new testament.

Why can’t there also be women who are called to walk in the other 4 ministry giftings?

JLB

Jethro,

You are not responding to what I wrote. I said: 'If a pastor is "imposing authority" and she is female, it seems to violate Scripture.'

Oz
What I mean by "imposing authority" is to seize the spiritual office of pastor/teacher. Women ain't called to that. So when a woman does that she is imposing her authority on the church that she does not have. And Paul says she doesn't have that authority by reason of creation, and the fall. It has nothing to do with changeable cultural norms or anything else that would cause Paul's instruction to not be valid today. It has everything to do with man being made head of woman, and that the woman was deceived by satan, not the man.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
Back