Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Soul Sleep yes or no?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some things are worse than death.
The second death will consist of eternal punishment without a hope for a reprieve.
The second death is dying yet again after the resurrection to judgement. The lake of fire represents the second death.

Revelation is a bit unique like this. It’ll say something is something else because the idea is it’s representative not necessarily literal. Like this:

Revelation 19
8She was given clothing of fine linen,
bright and pure.”
For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints.

The second death is dying yet again after the resurrection to judgement. The lake of fire represents the second death.

Revelation is a bit unique like this. It’ll say something is something else because the idea is it’s representative not necessarily literal. Like this:

Revelation 19
bright and pure.”
The only ones to suffer a second death are those who had first entered covenant with God.
Those who haven’t entered into covenant die only one death. If there’s no agreement there’s no life, only death.
The second death is for those who were in covenant but were not faithful to it.
They get burned up like the chaff. And are like ashes in the wind.

The only ones to suffer a second death are those who had first entered covenant with God.
Those who haven’t entered into covenant die only one death. If there’s no agreement there’s no life, only death.
The second death is for those who were in covenant but were not faithful to it.
They get burned up like the chaff. And are like ashes in the wind.
I recall you saying that the second death is for those in a covenant with God. I need to look into that idea a little more, but the rest I for sure agree with. Can you give me an idea why you say that, please?

I recall you saying that the second death is for those in a covenant with God. I need to look into that idea a little more, but the rest I for sure agree with. Can you give me an idea why you say that, please?
Before God made covenant with Israel at Sinai, He made covenant with Abraham. The covenant with Abraham is the only covenant whereby the promises made in both covenants can be obtained.
To seek the inheritance by the covenant at Sinai is futile. It was given to show the Jews their own inability to keep it through the laws of it.
Christ is the promised seed of the covenant with Abraham by which that covenant comes to be effective.
We enter into that covenant by faith, just as Abraham had. We must understand and believed the promises and accept the terms of it. We enter into Christ by being baptized into him in faith and therefore become children of Abraham and sons of God.

I had wondered why the new testament or new covenant is called “new” if it is older than the covenant made at Sinai.
But I discovered why. It’s because the covenant made with Abraham laid barren and ineffective until the seed should come through whom the covenant is brought into force by the death of the testator of the covenant, Christ.
The covenant is not new in the sense of being an entirely new covenant but in the sense of newly being brought into force.
Which if you look at the definition of “new” you will see.

I had wondered why the new testament or new covenant is called “new” if it is older than the covenant made at Sinai.
But I discovered why. It’s because the covenant made with Abraham laid barren and ineffective until the seed should come through whom the covenant is brought into force by the death of the testator of the covenant, Christ.
The covenant is not new in the sense of being an entirely new covenant but in the sense of newly being brought into force.
Which if you look at the definition of “new” you will see.
The New Covenant wasn't brought into force until Jesus bled on the cross. Hebrews 9 goes into a lot of wordy details about this. While there may have been some foreshadowing about a New Covenant in the Old Testament and it no doubt existed in God's foreknowledge, it didn't come into force until later.

Matthew 26
28This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

The New Covenant wasn't brought into force until Jesus bled on the cross. Hebrews 9 goes into a lot of wordy details about this. While there may have been some foreshadowing about a New Covenant in the Old Testament and it no doubt existed in God's foreknowledge, it didn't come into force until later.

Matthew 26
28This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
The interesting thing about this is that the covenant did not become effective until Christ died, yet there are those who claim that many saints were going to heaven long before Christ died and brought into force the covenant.
No one could possibly go to heaven until the covenant is brought to effectiveness by the death of the testator. And this is also why the story of Lazarus and the rich man is a parable.

Last edited:
The second death is dying yet again after the resurrection to judgement.
Right: some get eternal life with Christ while others get a second death and a lake of fire.
The lake of fire represents the second death.
OK.
Revelation 19
bright and pure.”
OK.

Which is worse? existence or non existence. I am sure you are being judgmental.
Existence, especially if it is in a lake of fire.
Being able to judge, righteously, is part and parcel of being reborn of God's seed. (1 Cor 2:15)

Last edited:
Existence, especially if it is in a lake of fire.
Being able to judge, righteously, is part and parcel of being reborn of God's seed. (1 Cor 2:15)
I can't imagine non-existence, but it might be everlasting pain, but everlasting punishment means there is hope. Hope makes the torture to be crueler. The Most High might be petty, but you have not proof that he is that cruel.

I can't imagine non-existence, but it might be everlasting pain, but everlasting punishment means there is hope. Hope makes the torture to be crueler. The Most High might be petty, but you have not proof that he is that cruel.
He is Perfect in Judgment, and Perfect in Mercy. He is Creator, and Chooses and has Mercy upon whom He Chooses, and He Hardens whom He hardens, with perfect RIGHTNESS, RIGHTIOUSNESS, and JUSTICE.

He Choose to send His Perfect Son Jesus as a Perfect Sacrifice for the sins of those who sinned, but not all.

Not all, as He States Clearly Throughout His Word, His Plan, in His Pneuma/Spirit, In His Son Jesus.

Those who He Destroys , their body and soul destroyed forever, in the lake of fire (or otherwise),
are POOF! GONE! never to be seen nor even remembered again, ever.

He is Perfect in Judgment, and Perfect in Mercy. He is Creator, and Chooses and has Mercy upon whom He Chooses, and He Hardens whom He hardens, with perfect RIGHTNESS, RIGHTIOUSNESS, and JUSTICE.

He Choose to send His Perfect Son Jesus as a Perfect Sacrifice for the sins of those who sinned, but not all.

Not all, as He States Clearly Throughout His Word, His Plan, in His Pneuma/Spirit, In His Son Jesus.

Those who He Destroys , their body and soul destroyed forever, in the lake of fire (or otherwise),
are POOF! GONE! never to be seen nor even remembered again, ever.
There are things which God does well. But if you look at the book of Job, he is petty and efficient. It is his prerogative.

How can everlasting punishment breed hope ?
God has given mankind thousands of years to quit hurting each other.
He made it known long ago that all men will be judged on their behavior.
Man's eternal suffering won't be a surprise to anyone.
Man has made it known he will take his punishment for his disobedience of God.
Thankfully, He also made the ways and means of perfect obedience to God available to men too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back