Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The burden of proof

essence
es·sence
ˈesəns/
noun
  1. the intrinsic nature or indispensable quality of something, especially something abstract, that determines its character.
    "conflict is the essence of drama"
    synonyms:quintessence, soul, spirit, nature; More
    • PHILOSOPHY
      a property or group of properties of something without which it would not exist or be what it is.
      plural noun: essences

Yes, but he made it crystal clear who he is through his word.
What if someone doesn't have a Bible? Do you think God is incapable of teaching that person about Himself?

I think through experiences, we learn more about Him.

Is it possible to come to know God without the bible?
I think we could because of this verse...
Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

God IMO is not limited to a Book... He was known before the printing press...

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Very true, reba.

If God could only be found in a book, I wouldn't here.

Are you saying that the Bible is the life length to God (phone line)? If you don't mean that, I apologize, it's just that's what I am hearing.

I personally think our life length is the Holy Spirit because Jesus sent Him, He teaches us all things and with He in us, all things are a lesson from God, we are not bound by one book in our learning. The Bible has taught me about who God is and how he deals with people and it points us to Christ.

After this, we continue to read the Bible, of course, but our relationship is with Christ. He goes where I go and He teaches me out there in the world, without me having to read the Bible every minute.

No, our life line to God is prayer. We have God on speed dial and He listens.

Another life line to God is indeed the Holy Spirit. He is our teacher, comforter, and guides us through our conscience and so forth. We are not bound by one book for our learning, but that one book is all that we need.

God can save us without the bible, and teach us. But it can't be denied that the book gets right to the heart of the matter and we can and should look to it for guidance.

One cannot obtain righteousness or redemption from a book!!!

Not from the book, but through the book. Since it points us to Christ.

It's still just a book and if I were to throw it in the trash, nothing bad would happen.

You walked right into that one brother, lol! :)

True! BUT! if you did throw it in the trash, it would trouble your spirit. Don't believe me? Go right now to the trash with your bible in hand and toss it in. :lol

Sooo, this may be a good topic for another thread (and I think it IS a good topic), unless someone can show how this relates to the OP?

This was before "The Book".

Isaiah 65
1 “I was sought by those who did not ask for Me;
I was found by those who did not seek Me.

I said, ‘Here I am, here I am,’
To a nation that was not called by My name.

Not from the book, but through the book. Since it points us to Christ.

It's still just a book. You cannot become redeemed through a book.

You walked right into that one brother, lol! :)

True! BUT! if you did throw it in the trash, it would trouble your spirit. Don't believe me? Go right now to the trash with your bible in hand and toss it in. :lol

I haven't opened my bible in months. How is that any different than it being in the trash? And no, it doesn't trouble my spirit.

Sooo, this may be a good topic for another thread (and I think it IS a good topic), unless someone can show how this relates to the OP?
I can show you how it relates to the OP.......

The OP wants to know about the God of the Bible (although it was written in a much more disrespectful way), so the Christians need to first determine IF in fact God and the Bible are one and the same. We have someone on here who said Jesus IS scripture. The OP repeatedly states the God of the Bible, so is it the same? Does God live in the Bible?

In order to help the atheist, we need to figure this out ourselves. :) :shrug

I can show you how it relates to the OP.......

The OP wants to know about the God of the Bible (although it was written in a much more disrespectful way), so the Christians need to first determine IF in fact God and the Bible are one and the same. We have someone on here who said Jesus IS scripture. The OP repeatedly states the God of the Bible, so is it the same?
Does God live in the Bible?

In order to help the atheist, we need to figure this out ourselves. :):shrug

No, He does not.

when we are long dead the e-bible will be, the bible will be electronic print. there wont be much unless its a poor nation that uses books. the written word will have a slight new meaning to it.

Back