Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Catholic Church.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am done discussing this with you. You have your mind set and aren't willing to pay attention to sound reasoning.

1) You deliberately fail to understand the difference between "catholic" and "Catholic". One is an adjective, the other is the name of a denomination.

2) The reason that all Protestants aren't Lutherans is that Lutheranism is, like Catholicism, a denomination. (Neither Catholicism nor Lutheranism are mentioned in Scripture.)

3) In Jesus' high priestly prayer, he prays, "And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one." (John 17:11) All Catholics should read this instead of claiming that Catholics are the one true church; it applies to all those who believe in Christ.

John 17:6-13, " “I have revealed your name to the men you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have obeyed your word. Now they understand that everything you have given me comes from you, because I have given them the words you have given me. They accepted them and really understand that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I am praying on behalf of them. I am not praying on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those you have given me, because they belong to you. Everything I have belongs to you, and everything you have belongs to me, and I have been glorified by them. I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them safe in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one. When I was with them I kept them safe and watched over them in your name that you have given me. Not one of them was lost except the one destined for destruction, so that the scripture could be fulfilled.But now I am coming to you, and I am saying these things in the world, so they may experience my joy completed in themselves."

You wrote, "Jesus founded ONE Church, not multiple sects with competing and contradictory teachings." I find this tragically amusing, as it is the Catholic church that claims to be the one true church. There is no mention of the Catholic church in Scripture!!! (How many times must I say this?)

Finally, you're saying that it is the Catholic Church which actually unites Protestantism is the most bizarre thing I have read in a long time.

Since your mind is closed to all but Catholic dogma, I am done trying to reason with you.
Jaybo

1. You're mind is also set !

2. catholic means universal.....the universal church...the ONLY church.
Catholic means the universal church....the ONLY church. I don't know why you're making this distinction and won't give up trying to say they have two different meanings.

3. John 17 --- Jesus is addressing the Apostles. However, other verses show that Jesus meant for all the members of the Kingdom of God on earth were meant to be of the same mind.
Philippians 2:1-4,
1 Corinthians 1:10,
Romans 15:6

NO!
He changed important doctrine and the church let him.
I believe it was because he was so good at keeping heresy out of the church....
He invented Original Sin as being imputed to each person born.
This made infant baptism necessary.
He brought with him, from manechaeism, the idea of the absence of free will.
This caused John Calvin to formulate, in detail, the reformed idea of T.U.L.I.P.
That's it, go ahead and blame St Augustine
But CS Lewis agreed with St Augustine on the issue of original sin.

That's it, go ahead and blame St Augustine
But CS Lewis agreed with St Augustine on the issue of original sin.
I love CS Lewis.
But he could be wrong too.
I think he also believed in purgatory.
I don't remember what Lewis believed about Original Sin....
Was it that we're all responsible for Adam's sin?
Even the Catholic Church (of which Augustine was a revered member) does not agree that we are.

I love CS Lewis.
But he could be wrong too.
I think he also believed in purgatory.
I don't remember what Lewis believed about Original Sin....
Was it that we're all responsible for Adam's sin?
Even the Catholic Church (of which Augustine was a revered member) does not agree that we are.
We all stand alone before God.
Ezekiel 18
We all stand alone before God.

You believe we have Adam's sin and are responsible for it?
I think I have a thread on this....
As in Ezekiel 18, we are not responsible for our children and our children do not share our sins, they have their own.
I relate it to modern day passing down our deceases from our parents down to us.
That's a curse and Jesus broke that curse.
If my parents had cancer, that is broken in the name of Jesus.

As in Ezekiel 18, we are not responsible for our children and our children do not share our sins, they have their own.
I relate it to modern day passing down our deceases from our parents down to us.
That's a curse and Jesus broke that curse.
If my parents had cancer, that is broken in the name of Jesus.
Agreed.

You're asking a Dominican about a Franciscan!

St. Anthony had a vision of the Child Jesus.
And St. Francis invented the manger....
For reasons of educating the poor and illiterate.
I don't know any Dominicans,,but I know a Franciscan who accompanied a church tour to Assisi and we had a wonderful time .
:)

And St. Francis invented the manger....
For reasons of educating the poor and illiterate.
I don't know any Dominicans,,but I know a Franciscan who accompanied a church tour to Assisi and we had a wonderful time .
:)
I know Jesuits.
They are the Vatican military.

What does vatican money look like?
A picture of the pope on the buck!!??

Yeah, cardinals have all the privileges

1625934207661.png

Back