Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I chose to serve the Lord over 40 years ago, and have been serving Him since. But unlike many Christians, I don't think God is a killjoy.

The TOG​

“Big Brother” is not a mod. However, Big Brother is always watching and he never takes a break.“Mary Poppins” is yet another New Age production from Disney, created by P. L. Travers.

In the book, A Lively Oracle: A Centennial Celebration of P. L. Travers, Creator of Mary Poppins, Travers said she didn’t create Mary Poppins, but discovered her.

W. B. Yeats translated the Upanishads, which was to have a profound influence on Travers, as did Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the lore of the Navajo Indians, and Jungian psychology. Travers wrote numerous poems and articles for well-known journals (later in life, she wrote mainly Jungian articles for Parabola magazine) as well as books, among which are seven Mary Poppins stories produced between 1934 and 1988.

“Mary Poppins” is a metaphor for new age transformation, e. g. the symbolism of the east wind, discerning the nature of free will, exploring moon magic at the zoo, discovering the magic of the sun, and finding one’s shadow on Hallowe’en -- decidedly un-Christian values.

By 'discovering herself', Ms Travers was talking about her relationship with her father and how that relationship impacted her life. The recent movie "Saving Mr Banks" (with Tom Hanks & Emma Thompson) explained more of the situation.

88a26a6ca4f8b0c23fad9c6f146ac0bd.jpg

I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia.
Did anyone read the books and see the movie?
Are they the same?
First one follows pretty close to the book, I think. The others take more liberties with the plot, though they don't change them too drastically. But it has been a while since I saw or read either.

The BBC movies weren't bad, either. One of them followed the book like 95%.

:lol My daughter used to like those.Then she would spread them on the table trying to spell words :erm

I used to do that, too! My kids did as well....until we got Boggle. They loved playing Boggle (and they weren't tempted to eat any of the letters, either)!

I used to do that, too! My kids did as well....until we got Boggle. They loved playing Boggle (and they weren't tempted to eat any of the letters, either)!
I absolutely hate the game scrabble.Don't ask me why.My kids like it but I don't.Which must be similar.

People can not read road signs.Either that or they choose to ignore them.:squint How in the world do they get a drivers license?

Some people cannot read. Some people cannot read the signs in the language of posting. Some people believe those signs are directed at others.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed behind the steering wheel at all.

Some people cannot read. Some people cannot read the signs in the language of posting. Some people believe those signs are directed at others.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed behind the steering wheel at all.
I know this guy who has a friend who is about 95% blind.He drives.I kid you not :eek2

Back