Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Derailing Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey, I'm in Savannah, Georgia right now.
Where are you?

Let's see, Ralph had the same amount of posts as I had once, now he has 13,000 and I have less than 6,000.
Boy, I guess some people really like to listen to themselves, don't they?
Hey Ralph, say something on the forum you've never said before, but be nice and don't let Cynthia hear you.

Last edited:
Hey Ralph, say something on the forum you've never said before, but be nice and don't let Cynthia hear you.
Okay, how's this....

Dearest Rollo, "I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise (like Cynthia) and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you" (Romans 1:4-5 NIV) :lol

Boy, I guess some people really like to listen to themselves, don't they?
You know it's getting to be that time of year again when you all gather round me and sing my favorite Carol to me:

(Sung to the tune of 'The First Noel')

Chorus:
♫Know it all, know it all
Know it all, know it all
Born is the King of wisdom and knowledge ♫

Today's World News;

The U.S.S.R. has disintegrated.
The Berlin Wall has come down.
And the United States of America has become a homosexual nation.

Where is Claudya?

Greetings from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. My wife and I are enjoying a wonderful vacation together. I don't miss you bums at all.

Probably, because we know there is no life on the moon. :lol:hysterical:rofl2

(Rollo put me up to that. He told me you should always go for the laugh even at the expense of somebody else.)
Hey Jethro, there's been a man on the moon for a long time.
Maybe QuestDriven is from the moon.

Is it normal to get eye aches so often, like from using the computer in a partially dark room?

I’ve always gotten eye aches easily…
Always kind of attributed this to having a lazy eye, but not sure it's actually related.

Last edited:
The first thing to do is to let an eye doctor examine your eyes to make sure they are okay.

If looking at a computer in a dark room makes your eyes hurt, then turn on some lights when you compute. Don't let the light shine directly on your monitor, so as to glare in your eyes. Experiment with different lighting, and monitor positioning relative to your eyes, until you find something that works for you.

Lazy eye often means that the brain is seeing two different images, which can be hard on nerves. Headaches and such may result from a lot of reading. Sometimes moving the monitor further away, and magnifying the image can help. They also have text to speech programs that will read out loud the text on your computer.

You will have to experiment to find what works best for you, but let a doctor check out your eyes first.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back