Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The destruction of the temple in 70AD, how do futurists deal with this?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Funny you mention that you see "all sorts of problems" but are too timid to mention even one of them ?
Vague attack with not one specific offered by you upon your arrival, despite the multitude of specifics present in this thread and then you want further attack others for drifting off topic .
Interesting indeed.
A modus operandi that is easily recognizable under the guise of another previously used moniker in this forum.
Good to have you back by the way.

If you are going to show up here please refrain from your established history & have the nerve to do more the timidly nibble around the edges with vague non-specific attacks containing no established specifics contained in this thread .
You can do it I know.
You don't have to be afraid.
Of course a man does need to know his limitations, that is true .

From my perspective, you're a child claiming 2+2=5. If I say that's problematic, you reply that I haven't mentioned even one of them. Oh, but, I have, just not in that particular post. What you just replied to was a reply to the OP, not to you.

Here's a demonstration, just for giggles:

In Matthew 24, the disciples were told about the temple's destruction, and they asked, “Teacher, when will these things be?" Jesus gives a detailed reply and aid, "This generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

How can the temple be destroyed in one generation and the city destroyed in another generation (2000+ years later) when Jesus said they'd all happen in the same generation (specifically his generation)? (Never mind that history shows the temple and city destroyed in the same generation, Jesus' generation.). I could do this all day long, and you wouldn't give a sound reply to anything.

So, what say you? One or two generations? All or some? LOL

Too timid? You have no idea of what you're talking about.

My dear fellow defender of the faith. Please don’t insult those we disagree with.

Since you don’t want that said to you, don’t say it to others, please. God is not pleased when we insult his children.

I watched the Dave Chappelle comedy special on Netflix a few months ago. He talked about a rapper, DaBaby, who shot and killed someone at Walmart, and no one really cared. He pointed out that same rapper made a LGBQ joke and then the left tried to cancel him. Murder, no big deal. An LGBQ joke, intolerable!

These futurists are liars and armchair murderers (e.g. review their role in the 2003 Iraq war), no big deal. But, me being blunt with them, intolerable!

When they say "this generation" means a future generation, that's a lie. It's not a difference of opinion. It's willful disregard for the facts of grammar to promote their false doctrines, doctrines that have a history of causing nothing but harm. All their arguments are based on lies, but they're so fundamentally dishonest that they don't see it. All their arguments are designed to cause harm, but no big deal. No willingness to acknowledge the historical fruits of their doctrine? But, me being honest, intolerable!

Isn't this the way the people of this world are? Kill someone, no big deal. Look cross-eyed at a more-equal class (a "hate crime"), intolerable!

Those futurists in this forum have already leveled a number of insults at me. The only difference is their insults are stupid (and, no one admonishes them to not insult, that I've seen) while my comments are well deserved. But, don't worry, I'm sure I'll be banned soon (because Christian leaders love to preserve the ignorance of ignorant Christians). Even if I'm not banned soon, I'm already tired of this place. I was hoping to find something a little better than Christians discourse in mainstream social media, but that's not the case. And, so, the western church continues its march into grave.

News story: America's Christian majority is on track to end.

Can't happen fast enough.

1) Nothing bad can happen until a Jewish temple is complete so an abomination can be put there. So you’ll not see the fulfillment in your lifetime.

2) The race of Jews will be ended, all killed down to the baby born yesterday, at the end when Jesus comes. (This “race” won’t pass away until all of this is completed.)

3) The word “soon” and “show”mean nothing in scripture.

“The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.”ESV

I won’t insult your intelligence as you did mine.
1) 2 Thessalonians 2 says nothing can happen until the "Antichrist" is revealed in the temple (the man of no-legalism, which futurists conflate with their invention called "the Antichrist.")

So, how do you build a temple in the middle of the tribulation when the tribulation can't happen unless there's a temple? Again, it's like asking someone who thinks 2+2=5 to explain themselves. They can't even begin to, and they don't care. Unfortunately, we're not talking about children. We're talking about adults so committed to false and harmful doctrine that reduce themselves to reasoning capacity of a child.

2) The "jewish race" won't pass until all these things are completed.

The Devil is the father of lies and those who lie belong to him - that's how I understand Jesus' comments to the Jews. It's true of futurists, including those who insist "genea" means race. So, the jewish race will pass away? How come they never conclude that themselves?

The exitance of a Jewish race is another lie invented by futurists.

3) "Soon" means nothing in scripture?

Futurists tell all sorts of lies to make "soon" meaningless. I heard a false teacher in broadcast media explain that biblical eschatology has no time dimension, therefor all the alleged timing verses are not timing verses. Other liars just insist "soon" is a reference to speed once events start, or that "soon" speaks not to nearness but to certainty.

And, what of those verse that don't say "soon", "near", or "at hand", but say "this generation", "some standing here", "those who priced him will see him come"? How many verses to futurists point to that say "not soon"? LOL

I was listening to a youtube video of a couple of low-IQ futurists (not that calling them low-IQ narrows it down). The host tried to demonstrate to his guest that "soon" doesn't mean soon, even by the preterist reasoning. He said 40 years after Jesus was crucified is not soon (70AD). He didn't know something so basic, and his guest didn't correct him, but Jesus didn't say end-times events were "soon" during his earthly ministry. Jesus always used language that suggested decades (this generation, some standing here, etc.). Jesus didn't say soon or "at hand" until Revelation.

You forget to mention a King from the line of David who reigns on earth and brings justice to the earth .
We need the next Temple for the King to reign from as well.

Jer 23:5
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
I didn’t forget. We were talking about the temple.

No, we are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Do you need scripture for that?

Notice it’s not at all from the Temple.

Btw, I do enjoy talking with you. You are a person of good character.
We can only be indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
A physical walking , talking king from the line of David who reigns on topside earth executing judgement will have a throne .
That throne will not be inside of me or you.
It will be a real throne
Where do you think this king from the line of David will have his throne from which he executes judgement & justice in the earth?
I also enjoy the discussions with you.

Mat 25:31
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

In Matthew 24, the disciples were told about the temple's destruction, and they asked, “Teacher, when will these things be?" Jesus gives a detailed reply and aid, "This generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

So, what say you? One or two generations? All or some? LOL
Your lack of discernment in this regard, comes as no surprise.
Being already aware of Jesus's pending execution, and His future return it is only natural that after being informed of Temples coming destruction the disciples first thought & hope was that this event would be the time of His return.
Perfectly reasonable hope on their part given their desire to be with Him above all else being what it was.
However against all their hopes Jesus has to break the news to them on the walk to the Mount Of Olives that it was not to be, that His return would be further into the future beyond their generation, and would include multiple events , not just the single event of the Temple's destruction.

We can know this discussion had already begun during the transit from Temple grounds to the Mt. of Olives because by the time they reach Mount of Olives instead of asking about the solitary event revealed to them, the Temple's destruction. the very first question from them is in regard to unspecified list of " these Things":

Mat 24:3
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

What are all these things ?
No other event has been mentioned by Jesus at verse 24:3 save the single event of the Temple's destruction.
Nothing else, at least on record.

The disciples very first question on the Mount being of multiple events is clear indication that Jesus has already begun to break it down for them that His return will be at another time marked by multiple events having nothing to do with the Temple's destruction.
The disciples are not the generation that will be around for it.
Jesus then goes on to elaborate on the multiple future events that will precede His coming emphasizing that these
events will be witnessed by a single generation.

1) 2 Thessalonians 2 says nothing can happen until the "Antichrist" is revealed in the temple (the man of no-legalism, which futurists conflate with their invention called "the Antichrist.")

So, how do you build a temple in the middle of the tribulation when the tribulation can't happen unless there's a temple? Again, it's like asking someone who thinks 2+2=5 to explain themselves. They can't even begin to, and they don't care. Unfortunately, we're not talking about children. We're talking about adults so committed to false and harmful doctrine that reduce themselves to reasoning capacity of a child.

The Devil is the father of lies and those who lie belong to him - that's how I understand Jesus' comments to the Jews. It's true of futurists, including those who insist "genea" means race. So, the jewish race will pass away? How come they never conclude that themselves?

Futurists tell all sorts of lies to make "soon" meaningless. I heard a false teacher in broadcast media explain that biblical eschatology has no time dimension, therefor all the alleged timing verses are not timing verses. Other liars just insist "soon" is a reference to speed once events start, or that "soon" speaks not to nearness but to certainty.

And, what of those verse that don't say "soon", "near", or "at hand", but say "this generation", "some standing here", "those who priced him will see him come"? How many verses to futurists point to that say "not soon"? LOL

I was listening to a youtube video of a couple of low-IQ futurists (not that calling them low-IQ narrows it down). The host tried to demonstrate to his guest that "soon" doesn't mean soon, even by the preterist reasoning. He said 40 years after Jesus was crucified is not soon (70AD). He didn't know something so basic, and his guest didn't correct him, but Jesus didn't say end-times events were "soon" during his earthly ministry. Jesus always used language that suggested decades (this generation, some standing here, etc.). Jesus didn't say soon or "at hand" until Revelation.
I agree with you but it would be better if you talked to others, even opponents, avoiding insulting adjectives. (“low IQ” is insulting and likely untrue) Do you know the scripture that says even the angel did NOT INSULT the devil when he (Satan) was arguing to get the body of Moses? The prophets or children of God are not to insult those who oppose us as a defense. If we want to demonstrate the ways of God which bolsters the argument, we need to demonstrate the fruit of the Holy Spirit. In atheist christian debates, it’s very common that the christian is gentle and respectful but the atheist rude and insulting. Unbelievers watching report being persuaded by the character of the christian.

I watched the Dave Chappelle comedy special on Netflix a few months ago. He talked about a rapper, DaBaby, who shot and killed someone at Walmart, and no one really cared. He pointed out that same rapper made a LGBQ joke and then the left tried to cancel him. Murder, no big deal. An LGBQ joke, intolerable!

These futurists are liars and armchair murderers (e.g. review their role in the 2003 Iraq war), no big deal. But, me being blunt with them, intolerable!

When they say "this generation" means a future generation, that's a lie. It's not a difference of opinion. It's willful disregard for the facts of grammar to promote their false doctrines, doctrines that have a history of causing nothing but harm. All their arguments are based on lies, but they're so fundamentally dishonest that they don't see it. All their arguments are designed to cause harm, but no big deal. No willingness to acknowledge the historical fruits of their doctrine? But, me being honest, intolerable!

Isn't this the way the people of this world are? Kill someone, no big deal. Look cross-eyed at a more-equal class (a "hate crime"), intolerable!

Those futurists in this forum have already leveled a number of insults at me. The only difference is their insults are stupid (and, no one admonishes them to not insult, that I've seen) while my comments are well deserved. But, don't worry, I'm sure I'll be banned soon (because Christian leaders love to preserve the ignorance of ignorant Christians). Even if I'm not banned soon, I'm already tired of this place. I was hoping to find something a little better than Christians discourse in mainstream social media, but that's not the case. And, so, the western church continues its march into grave.

News story: America's Christian majority is on track to end.

Can't happen fast enough.
Well I tried. In the end, Jesus won’t care if you won the debate if you slander everyone with your tongue. Consider pleasing Him as a goal.

Do you not see what's going on in that nation state of Israel ,like right now , they are in the process of building the 3rd temple

Last edited:
We can only be indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
A physical walking , talking king from the line of David who reigns on topside earth executing judgement will have a throne .
Do you think he is ruling and reigning now? The bible says He is sitting in a throne reigning from Heaven. He is reigning through us who are ruling with Him. (I will supply scriptures later…am typing from phone.)
That throne will not be inside of me or you.
It will be a real throne
It is a real throne now. Do you believe he will be physically located in Jerusalem? The pharisees thought that too.
Where do you think this king from the line of David will have his throne from which he executes judgement & justice in the earth?
I do not know. I know that He will hand over the Kingdom to the Father at some point. I do not see Him introducing tyranny. I have to give this more thought.
I also enjoy the discussions with you.

Mat 25:31
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Is this followed by the Judgement? Separating sheep and goats? So that’s the Resurrection right? What happens in the earth after that I haven’t considered.

Do you not see what's going on in that nation state of Israel ,like right now , they are in the process of building the 3rd temple

The title is the temple WILL BE rebuilt NOT is being rebuilt. That means future (maybe) not as you claim. I know “is being” is a stronger argument but your source says FUTURE which can be wishful thinking. The Muslims will NEVER give up the site and I doubt Israel wants to take in a war there.

Do you think he is ruling and reigning now? The bible says He is sitting in a throne reigning from Heaven. He is reigning through us who are ruling with Him. (I will supply scriptures later…am typing from phone.)

It is a real throne now. Do you believe he will be physically located in Jerusalem? The pharisees thought that too.
He is seated at the right hand of God as we speak and God has prophesized that He will return to rule the earth from His holy hill for a time.
I don't believe He is going to be sitting on the ground when He comes to reign as God's king.

Psa 2:6
Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

He is seated at the right hand of God as we speak and God has prophesized that He will return to rule the earth from His holy hill for a time.
I don't believe He is going to be sitting on the ground when He comes to reign as God's king.

I think he is ruling now but I will give this more thought.

No "they" are not in the process of building the third temple, you spread of falsehoods. You are misled by your lust for the Antichrist to come.

Well I tried. In the end, Jesus won’t care if you won the debate if you slander everyone with your tongue. Consider pleasing Him as a goal.

Did you ever read the red letters in the Bible showing how Jesus talked to the Jews? Did you ever read his parables without preconceived bias (they're not morality lessons)? Slander is false statement. I've made no false statements.

Not according to Jesus who says that the statue which is the abomination will stand in the "holy place"
The holy place of course being in the Temple.
However Jesus does say that you have to be able to understand, let him understand:)
Your [certainly atheist] leaders who teach you false futurism doctrines cause you to act like a fish out of water trying to defend those doctrines.

Jesus didn't say anything about a statue, neither did Daniel. "Abomination of desolation" is plain English. The Bible isn't cryptic like your leaders try to make it out to be, so that you depend on them for understanding. The abomination of desolation isn't code for an object with mystical powers.

Since most futurists think a temple will be rebuilt, isn’t it a sure bet that nothing will happen until that is done? No horses riding around, no bowls of wrath, no sorrows at all until that pesky but necessary temple is complete right?

And for those who don’t think so, do you accept Jesus’ prediction about Herod’s temple came true?
You can not rate how many, as you label it futurist, believe another Temple will be built. Some do and some do not. Scripture says we are the Temple of God, 1 Corinthians 3:16. It's the same as preterist believing all things were already fulfilled in 70AD, and yes it is you that labels yourself as a preterist.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

If you notice the disciples ask three questions. The only thing that was fulfilled in their generation was the destruction of the temple in 70AD. No more will there be another temple as God will not honor it as we are now the temple of God 1 Corinthians 3:16. The sign Jesus gave all of us in Matthew 24:29-31 and all those other things Jesus proclaimed that must come first found in Matthew 24:5-28 are past, present and future. We either believe the word of God or the doctrine of ones church they attend.

Drop the🎤

Did you ever read the red letters in the Bible showing how Jesus talked to the Jews? Did you ever read his parables without preconceived bias (they're not morality lessons)? Slander is false statement. I've made no false statements.
That you think Jesus did not teach morals explains your posts.

The kingdoms of this world have become (present tense) the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ. He is ruling and reigning now from his throne in the heavenly places. That is his holy hill.

I have given this some thought and this is just my thinking on the matter. When Jesus comes again it will be the Resurrection where the dead are raised out of the graves to judgment. The living will also face that judgement. Those who chose evil will be removed from the earth. Jesus will reign as he reigns now, through his followers who execute his justice on the earth.

He is not coming in a violent attack with a superior army where blood will flow. Rejecting Jesus is not the sin for which he judged Israel and Jerusalem but for murdering him and all the prophets sent. Jesus is not that small minded that he is offended when rejected. Those who reject him, of course, have no help against sin nor forgiveness for sin committed and so they themselves suffer, not Jesus. Of course rejection by those you love is painful, but in cases where truth and righteousness are rejected, the one who refuses has lost more than the one offering help. One cannot reject truth and love and kindness without loss and that loss is greater than the loss the one rejected feels. Not to mention the Judge of all the earth acts on behalf of the innocent. In any case, Jesus already judged and punished severely the ones who murdered him. He will not do so again to those who merely refused his offer.

That violent and terrible judgment is over. I seriously doubt he will "sit" as it were in Jerusalem. Resurrected bodies do not have the same material limits so He does not need a dwelling and if he were to choose a place to live, Jerusalem is not at all desirable in any case. I have been there more than once and it is not a beautiful city and in any case, is not the city he visited in his lifetime. That was thoroughly destroyed.

Back