Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The destruction of the temple in 70AD, how do futurists deal with this?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Tweeter,
In this understanding of yours that it is all past , please tell me, a ballpark guesstimate would be fine, when God's prophesized period of the meek inheriting the earth occurred ?
I had not heard about it at all ?

Mat 5:5
"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."

I suspect it must have been a very short period indeed that the meek inherited the earth or I would have heard about it ?

Thank You .
Does he say every single promise Jesus made is seen in every single believer?

Since most futurists think a temple will be rebuilt, isn’t it a sure bet that nothing will happen until that is done? No horses riding around, no bowls of wrath, no sorrows at all until that pesky but necessary temple is complete right?

And for those who don’t think so, do you accept Jesus’ prediction about Herod’s temple came true?

So after setting up this amazing image in the Temple for everyone to worship ,what then
made the romans decide to destroy it immediately ?
Why do you think it is/was in a temple?

The problem with all futurist predictions, all that I’ve read, is they have to ADD to the account in Revelation in order to weave a story. In your view a staute is to be set up in a temple. But that scenario in no where in the text.
You said "it happened in the Temple" .
I can see where remembering what you have said so far would become problematic .
The problem that is compounding for you as you keep concocting things from whole cloth is that you have already said it happened in the Temple.
Here, I know it must be hard to keep up with every conceivable angle you have put forth so far so let me refresh your memory:
Mat 24:15
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Herod's Temple never had the " abomination of desolation " set up for forced worship before or during it's destruction.
Yes it did. He didn’t say it was during its destruction. He says it was a sign the end is near.

It happened.

You said "it happened in the Temple" .
Where? That’s not the Abomination. They’re not connected. Do you see that they are?
I can see where remembering what you have said so far would become problematic .
The problem that is compounding for you as you keep concocting things from whole cloth is that you have already said it happened in the Temple.
Where did I say something happening in the temple besides the abomination? That’s not a statue that talks?
Here, I know it must be hard to keep up with every conceivable angle you have put forth so far so let me refresh your memory:
Ok I read what I wrote. Where did I write “in the temple a statue that spoke was set up?” I didn’t because I don’t believe that. I believe Nero was the Beast (his own people called him that even) and he wasn’t in the temple.

But I will read it again.

Where? That’s not the Abomination. They’re not connected. Do you see that they are?

Where did I say something happening in the temple besides the abomination? That’s not a statue that talks?

Ok I read what I wrote. Where did I write “in the temple a statue that spoke was set up?” I didn’t because I don’t believe that. I believe Nero was the Beast (his own people called him that even) and he wasn’t in the temple.

But I will read it again.

Here it is again .
I quoted Jesus stating that it stood in the holy place, and then I said that never happened in Herod's Temple.
Your reply was: YES IT DID..... ( Dorothy Mae )

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Herod's Temple never had the " abomination of desolation " set up for forced worship before or during it's destruction.
Yes it did. He didn’t say it was during its destruction. He says it was a sign the end is near.

It happened.

Here it is again .
I quoted Jesus stating that it stood in the holy place, and then I said that never happened in Herod's Temple.
That’s the Abomination not the statue that speaks. I didn’t say it was.

Maybe you assumed they are the same thing. They aren’t at all. Not even close.

Last edited:
Here it is again .
That’s the Abomination not the statue that speaks. I didn’t say it was.

Maybe you assumed they are the same thing. They aren’t at all. Not even close.
The abomination Jesus speaks of is the placement of a statue, image .
Unmistakable in His referring to Daniel's description of the same.

Dan 11:31
..... they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

So what do believe Jesus says the abomination is in agreement with Daniel's description ?

The abomination Jesus speaks of is the placement of a statue, image .
Unmistakable in His referring to Daniel's description of the same.
No, there’s no connection at all.
No statue that speaks mentioned. No statue at all mentioned. No worship of it mentioned.
No statue that speaks. No worship required. Besides, Jews don’t worship what’s in the holy place.
So what do believe Jesus says the abomination is in agreement with Daniel's description ?
He doesn’t say. It stands in the holy place which means the holy place was still there.

No statue that speaks mentioned. No statue at all mentioned. No worship of it mentioned.

No statue that speaks. No worship required. Besides, Jews don’t worship what’s in the holy place.

He doesn’t say. It stands in the holy place which means the holy place was still there.

Luke's parallel account of Matthew 24 equates the [Roman] armies with the abomination of desolation. The pagan Roman armies were an abomination. The Roman armies did indeed cause desolation.

Even a rudimentary English language understanding, person, place ,or thing. dictates that if you are going to "place the" abomination somewhere then "the" is understood to denote an object .

The deduction that "the" denotes an object as phrased here, a concept well within the grasp of even a 4th or 3rd grader .

So what else can we tell from the Word of God about what we now have no doubt is an object that is being placed ?

1.)We know that it stands upright
2.)We know that is stands upright in a holy place.

When ye therefore shall see The abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place.

An object, that Stands upright, in a holy place, in biblical context ?

Gee, that's a toughie alright.

Those in error have all sorts of ways to protect their commitment to their errors. You changing the subject is one such example, so that you don't have to deal with problems presented to you about your errors. The subject is the destruction of the temple in 70 AD, not the beatitudes.

I don't believe Jesus had any eschatological intent in saying the meek will inherit the earth. But, suppose he did, it's unrelated to Matthew 25 and the temple's destruction in 70 AD. That is post-millennialism, a respectable eschatology. Dispensationalism is not a respectable eschatology.
The inability to comprehend the miraculously continuative nature of God's Word from cover to cover over thousands of years is at the root of your being so similarly circumscribed where Jesus the great futurist is concerned as He prophesized the final estate of the earth.
In accordance with this miraculous continuative nature of the books of the bible , that your spiritual condition has so stymied you from comprehending Jesus is actually a johnny come lately where His prophecy of the future meek is concerned .
It began long before Him, & with even greater detail.

Psa 37:11
But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

If you had known the beginning of it you would have already traced it's end, & been able to quote that as well, thus placing it in it's final future context in concordance with the words of the great futurist Jesus Christ.

The inability to comprehend the miraculously continuative nature of God's Word from cover to cover over thousands of years is at the root of your being so similarly circumscribed where Jesus the great futurist is concerned as He prophesized the final estate of the earth.
In accordance with this miraculous continuative nature of the books of the bible , that your spiritual condition has so stymied you from comprehending Jesus is actually a johnny come lately where His prophecy of the future meek is concerned .
It began long before Him, & with even greater detail.

Psa 37:11
But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

If you had known the beginning of it you would have already traced it's end, & been able to quote that as well, thus placing it in it's final future context in concordance with the words of the great futurist Jesus Christ.

CL, what's your malfunction that you don't know how to stay on topic?

I see nothing eschatological in Psalm 37:11. Everything I already said still stands untouched by your objection. Re-read it. "Fret not yourself because of evildoers because thousands of years in the future some meek person will get to be king of the planet." What's in your head is nonsense. In the future, if you can't contribute something, I'll ignore you.

Even a rudimentary English language understanding, person, place ,or thing. dictates that if you are going to "place the" abomination somewhere then "the" is understood to denote an object .
But the abomination is in the temple and the statute that speaks is not. There’s no injunction to worship the abomination and there’s no statue that speaks placed in the temple in Jerusalem.

The deduction that "the" denotes an object as phrased here, a concept well within the grasp of even a 4th or 3rd grader .

So what else can we tell from the Word of God about what we now have no doubt is an object that is being placed ?
They aren’t required to worship the abomination. It doesn’t say they are or else. That is just not there. In your thinking you assume it’s the same because a narrative was invented for futurists pulling bits of scripture out of context that are not at all together.
1.)We know that it stands upright
2.)We know that is stands upright in a holy place.

When ye therefore shall see The abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place.
What does one do in that case? Leave Jerusalem. That’s it. If you live in Judea, head for the hills. Doesn’t say worship it or else. In any, it has no significance for you. You don’t live in Judea and no one is required to worship it.
An object, that Stands upright, in a holy place, in biblical context ?
Ok, so? No requirement to worship it and no connection to the beast of Revelation.
Gee, that's a toughie alright.
Only for futurists. You must believe one or all of a number of things.

1) Nothing bad can happen until a Jewish temple is complete so an abomination can be put there. So you’ll not see the fulfillment in your lifetime.

2) The race of Jews will be ended, all killed down to the baby born yesterday, at the end when Jesus comes. (This “race” won’t pass away until all of this is completed.)

3) The word “soon” and “show”mean nothing in scripture.

“The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.”ESV

I won’t insult your intelligence as you did mine.

My dear fellow defender of the faith. Please don’t insult those we disagree with.
I see nothing eschatological in Psalm 37:11. Everything I already said still stands untouched by your objection. Re-read it. "Fret not yourself because of evildoers because thousands of years in the future some meek person will get to be king of the planet." What's in your head is nonsense.

Since you don’t want that said to you, don’t say it to others, please. God is not pleased when we insult his children.

Luke's parallel account of Matthew 24 equates the [Roman] armies with the abomination of desolation. The pagan Roman armies were an abomination. The Roman armies did indeed cause desolation.

I read the Luke’s account and see no reference to the abomination that causes desolation. Where do you see it there?

I see nothing eschatological in Psalm 37:11. Everything I already said still stands untouched by your objection. Re-read it. "Fret not yourself because of evildoers because thousands of years in the future some meek person will get to be king of the planet." What's in your head is nonsense. In the future, if you can't contribute something, I'll ignore you.
Unlike you I have presented numerous details in this thread with regard to the Temples . Both Solomon's and Herod's outlining specific details .
You arrive late in the game here insinuating you have specific provable objections to what has been posted , yet you have not addressed one specific I have presented ?
Not one?
Why is that ?
Let me refresh your memory here.
Here is your first post as you arrive late to the party containing not one specific, in spite of the fact that a multitude have been discussed previously in this thread:
I think most Futurists think Matthew 24 is divided into two time periods. The temple's destruction is 70 AD, but the destruction of Jerusalem is still our future (and, still, they believe something about God saving Jerusalem from attacking armies.). There's all sorts of problems with this. Trying to make sense out of Futurism is like trying to make since out of 2+2=5. And, if you question them, they're most likely just to chant 2+2=5, as if chanting their doctrine is somehow answers your question.

Some Futurists appear to think the entire chapter of Matthew 24 is our future. I remember reading J. Vernon McGee's commentary and he said something like Jesus pointed to the destruction of the temple of his day as foreshadowing events in our future, future destruction.
Funny you mention that you see "all sorts of problems" but are too timid to mention even one of them ?
Vague attack with not one specific offered by you upon your arrival, despite the multitude of specifics present in this thread and then you want further attack others for drifting off topic .
Interesting indeed.
A modus operandi that is easily recognizable under the guise of another previously used moniker in this forum.
Good to have you back by the way.

If you are going to show up here please refrain from your established history & have the nerve to do more the timidly nibble around the edges with vague non-specific attacks containing no established specifics contained in this thread .
You can do it I know.
You don't have to be afraid.
Of course a man does need to know his limitations, that is true .

Since most futurists think a temple will be rebuilt, isn’t it a sure bet that nothing will happen until that is done? No horses riding around, no bowls of wrath, no sorrows at all until that pesky but necessary temple is complete right?
You forget to mention a King from the line of David who reigns on earth and brings justice to the earth .
We need the next Temple for the King to reign from as well.

Jer 23:5
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

You forget to mention a King from the line of David who reigns on earth and brings justice to the earth .
I didn’t forget. We were talking about the temple.
We need the next Temple for the King to reign from as well.
No, we are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Do you need scripture for that?
Jer 23:5
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Notice it’s not at all from the Temple.

Btw, I do enjoy talking with you. You are a person of good character.

Last edited:
But the abomination is in the temple and the statute that speaks is not. There’s no injunction to worship the abomination and there’s no statue that speaks placed in the temple in Jerusalem.
Not according to Jesus who says that the statue which is the abomination will stand in the "holy place"
The holy place of course being in the Temple.
However Jesus does say that you have to be able to understand, let him understand:)

Daniel of course stating that the image will be placed in the holy place. ( Implicit that you understand where the holy place is located.)
And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

The detailing of worship or death being the choice concerning the image in Revelation.

Rev 13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
The belief in the continuative nature of all books of the bible being in agreement over hundreds of years as Christ presented them is invaluable in grasping these most basic concepts such as being aware that there is only holy place of worship in scripture that is ever mentioned as being susceptible to being made desolate.
And you can't name another?

I read the Luke’s account and see no reference to the abomination that causes desolation. Where do you see it there?

Luke 21:20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains..."

Matthew 24:15 “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains...."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back