Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Passover of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Later in the letter he explains to them this coming of Jesus back to the earth and how we will be gathered to him in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:14-15). And in his next letter to them he tells them to not be deceived by any report that the coming of Jesus and our being gathered to him has already occurred:

"1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. " (2 Thessalonians 2:1-2 NASB)

2 Thes 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.

The brightness of his coming is the Glory and the Righteousness of Christ being revealed within our hearts and minds by the work of the Holy Spirit.

2 Thes 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, the question to both of you: Are you now then saying that the only time the Holy Spirit was sent forth was on the day of Pentecost? That certainly appears to be the claim that you are insinuating by your very comments. Care to explain?

Those are your words.

No one has said THE ONLY TIME The Holy Spirit was sent forth...

What you have claimed is that the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit was poured out, is in fact the second coming of Jesus...

Furthermore, you have insinuated that those of us who are waiting for the second Coming of Jesus are in fact waiting for another Jesus.

Here is the scriptures that teaches us that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurred on the Day of Pentecost.

4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." Acts 1:4-5

16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. Acts 2:16-18

Jesus Himself is the One Who Baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair and with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey.
7 And he preached, saying, "There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose.
8 I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit." Mark 1:6-8

Jesus Christ, from Heaven sent the Holy Spirit to Baptize His disciples, with the evidence of speaking in tongues, on the Day of Pentecost.

1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Acts 2:1-4

Do you confess Jesus Christ as Lord?

JLB

2 Thes 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.

The brightness of his coming is the Glory and the Righteousness of Christ being revealed within our hearts and minds by the work of the Holy Spirit.

2 Thes 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Just cut to the chase. In the passage below, who is Paul saying they are waiting for?

9 For they themselves report about us what kind of a reception we had with you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve a living and true God, 10
and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come. (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 NASB)

How can they be waiting for Jesus, if, as you say, the second coming is a Spiritual coming and it occurred at Pentecost?

...And, they already have the Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 1:5-6 NASB)

Last edited:
Do you confess Jesus Christ as Lord?

Now that is just down right insulting. For if I did not know Jesus Christ as Lord, then I would not have received is Spirit to dwell with my heart. And if the Spirit of the Lord was not with me, then I would not be on this forum sharing the Word of God as it lays within my heart and mind. I testify to you of a risen Christ who dwells within my heart. He is the Lord of my Righteousness, and the Lord of my Salvation. By His Spirit am I made alive through His resurrection from the dead, that I might be formed in the image of His Resurrection. And know that I am knowing the Spirit of the Lord within my heart, and by His Spirit He reveals to me His Glory and instructs me in His Righteousness. He has given to me the Tree of Life that I might walk by His Faith until it becomes my Faith. He has freed me from the curse of Adam because he showed me his death; death because of knowledge. The knowledge of good and evil. The letter of the written word is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and the serpent continues to seduce you by the promise of that knowledge.

But the promise of that knowledge was that Jesus would send forth the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Christ to come and dwell within our hearts, but only to those who look for His coming. The Coming of His Spirit.

How shall you expect to know the Glory of the Lord and His Righteousness if you do not receive it by His Spirit? For if you shall wait for the appearance of the Son of Man, you shall not know His Glory, for the Son of Man comes in the appearance of a servant. Just as Mary supposed Him to be a gardener, or as the disciples thought a common stranger.

What do you confess?

How can they be waiting for Jesus, if, as you say, the second coming is a Spiritual coming and it occurred at Pentecost?

Because the revelation of Christ is a process. First you meet the man known as Jesus. Jesus introduces us to the Father who then demonstrates the power of the Holy Spirit given unto his Son. But the Son of Man came as a servant, even unto death. So if you await the coming of the Son of Man, what is it you are waiting to see? But the Glory of the Lord and his Salvation is known to us only through His Spirit, and that by FAITH.

The term "second" as it appears in Heb 9:28 simply means "afterwards." So if the people were just being introduced to Jesus, don't you think they would first have to believe, and then possibly prove themselves before that he would sent forth His Spirit afterward to those who look for his coming. The Day of Pentecost was certainly a fulfillment of the Holy Spirit being poured out, but it was a day in which it was poured out for a witness to them all who beheld it. But they like Thomas has the opportunity to believe because they had seen; But blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed.

I tell you to look for the coming of His Spirit; You look for the coming of a Man?

Last edited:
So, the question to both of you: Are you now then saying that the only time the Holy Spirit was sent forth was on the day of Pentecost? That certainly appears to be the claim that you are insinuating by your very comments. Care to explain?
I should say not!
"And the spirit of the Lord moved upon the face of the waters."
Isn't that the first mention we have?
Na since then, a daily and nightly, round the clock deal for those who believe and have given their lives into Christ's keeping.

Now that is just down right insulting. For if I did not know Jesus Christ as Lord, then I would not have received is Spirit to dwell with my heart. And if the Spirit of the Lord was not with me, then I would not be on this forum sharing the Word of God as it lays within my heart and mind. I testify to you of a risen Christ who dwells within my heart. He is the Lord of my Righteousness, and the Lord of my Salvation. By His Spirit am I made alive through His resurrection from the dead, that I might be formed in the image of His Resurrection. And know that I am knowing the Spirit of the Lord within my heart, and by His Spirit He reveals to me His Glory and instructs me in His Righteousness. He has given to me the Tree of Life that I might walk by His Faith until it becomes my Faith. He has freed me from the curse of Adam because he showed me his death; death because of knowledge. The knowledge of good and evil. The letter of the written word is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and the serpent continues to seduce you by the promise of that knowledge.

But the promise of that knowledge was that Jesus would send forth the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Christ to come and dwell within our hearts, but only to those who look for His coming. The Coming of His Spirit.

How shall you expect to know the Glory of the Lord and His Righteousness if you do not receive it by His Spirit? For if you shall wait for the appearance of the Son of Man, you shall not know His Glory, for the Son of Man comes in the appearance of a servant. Just as Mary supposed Him to be a gardener, or as the disciples thought a common stranger.

What do you confess?

I confess Jesus Christ is Lord, and that He has come in the flesh.

I confess He will come a Second time with all His saints in the clouds of Heaven.

JLB

Do you believe that we are living in the "end times"?
Sure looks like it to me. We have only to hearken back to 1948.
and since then, things seem to keep looking more and more like what Jesus said regarding "As in the days of Noah," etc.

Sure looks like it to me. We have only to hearken back to 1948.
and since then, things seem to keep looking more and more like what Jesus said regarding "As in the days of Noah," etc.

Yeah, I think a certain something was unbound from the pit at that time. But, as in the days of Noah.. They were eating and drinking and marrying and and being given in marriage. Their eyes were upon the things of this world. The same way the adversary would have you keep your eyes upon the things of this world in keeping you occupied with gay marriage and such. These are all things of this world. But I am of my Father's Kingdom, what do they matter to me. They were all occupied with the things of the world until the day that the flood came and took them all away. They did not look for or listen to the Spirit of the Lord as did Noah.

Then should we not look first for the latter rain? It is not a rain like the first, but rather as in the beginning, when the Spirit of the Lord spoke with Adam in the cool of the day, when the morning dew watered the tender herbs.

Deuteronomy 32:1-3
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak;
and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain,
my speech shall distil as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb,
and as the showers upon the grass:
Because I will publish the name of the Lord:
ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

Then should we not look first for the latter rain? It is not a rain like the first, but rather as in the beginning, when the Spirit of the Lord spoke with Adam in the cool of the day, when the morning dew watered the tender herbs.

Deuteronomy 32:1-3
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak;
and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain,
my speech shall distil as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb,
and as the showers upon the grass:
Because I will publish the name of the Lord:
ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

I am less concerned with the things of the world than I once used to be.
I still see how we have to love our neighbors as ourselves, however, no matter what else may occur.
Jesus is the boss of my household, with God the father above Him, even.
Love.
Jesus taught that, and many other things. I believe that He still does.
I find myself astonished at His compassionate care of others during His walk on the shores of Galilee and elsewhere.
I wish that I could somehow emulate that walk a little better.
If someone else lands in Gehenna, that would be between them and the Lord. I know too little of each person's relationship with the Almighty. I just keep thinking about the thief that got crucified beside the Savior. Last minute, the Lord forgave his sins and said he'd be in heaven with Him.
That still stuns me, even when I've thought of it and read such passages for years.

I am less concerned with the things of the world than I once used to be.
I still see how we have to love our neighbors as ourselves, however, no matter what else may occur.
Jesus is the boss of my household, with God the father above Him, even.
Love.
Jesus taught that, and many other things. I believe that He still does.
I find myself astonished at His compassionate care of others during His walk on the shores of Galilee and elsewhere.
I wish that I could somehow emulate that walk a little better.
If someone else lands in Gehenna, that would be between them and the Lord. I know too little of each person's relationship with the Almighty. I just keep thinking about the thief that got crucified beside the Savior. Last minute, the Lord forgave his sins and said he'd be in heaven with Him.
That still stuns me, even when I've thought of it and read such passages for years.

Sin by knowledge of the Law brings contempt and condemnation. But there is a secret about sin when you know it by Grace, and that is we are all guilty in one way or another. Knowing sin by the Grace of God keeps me in a state of humility. And knowing that I still sin after the manner of my flesh, then to condemn or criticize someone else would make me a hypocrite, and so then I can have compassion upon then in good conscience, for they too are in the Lord's hand.

Sin by knowledge of the Law brings contempt and condemnation. But there is a secret about sin when you know it by Grace, and that is we are all guilty in one way or another. Knowing sin by the Grace of God keeps me in a state of humility. And knowing that I still sin after the manner of my flesh, then to condemn or criticize someone else would make me a hypocrite, and so then I can have compassion upon then in good conscience, for they too are in the Lord's hand.

I cannot argue with what you said about grace, sin, etc. This makes sense to me.
I used to have a very different take on what sin means.
Then I turned the corner, and became "a child of the One true King." My eyes weren't open till then. Sorta like a newborn kitten that can't see, but hasn't learned what it's been missing, I guess. LOL
Suddenly, I started noticing all kinds of things.
Amazement hit me!
I still get astonished at times by God's wisdom, and how I had not seen it till so late in life.
Better late than never. That's what I like to tell myself. At least the Savior has rescued me and put me safely in His care.
Good night, friends.
I am off to get ready for some quiet time in prayer and to ready myself for sleep.
:sleep:bible

Clearly Pentecost does not fulfill this:

Act 1:11 - Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.​

Rather, as Peter observed, this:

Joe 2:28 - “And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.​

Simple substitution exposes the absurdity of claiming Joel prophesied and Pentecost fulfilled "That I will pour out this same Jesus on all flesh..."

Pentecost is not the second coming. Pentecost enabled the fulfillment of the first coming; the apostles finishing Jesus' seven year ministry; Daniel's 70th week.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back