Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

The Pope says "all religions lead to God"

But I do wonder if God perhaps gave different cultures, different paths....knowing not everyone would embrace Christianity. The Jews reject Christ, but according to the Christian Bible they have a serious role to play in the End Times.
According to the Bible, no. There is and ever will be only one way to God, through faith in Jesus.

That is a good point...and history shows that differences in religion have lead to war over and over again.....as the Catholic Churches campaigns against the "pagan" religions as a prime example.
Religious wars only account for about 7% of wars in all of recorded history, with 4% being due to Islam.

Religious wars only account for about 7% of wars in all of recorded history, with 4% being due to Islam.
Wow, I learned something new....I did not know there was an Encyclopedia of Wars....which attribute 6.87% of all wars as being fought over religion

According to the Bible, no. There is and ever will be only one way to God, through faith in Jesus.
I do understand this.....but don't understand why Israelites, who reject Jesus....are given such a prominent role in the Christian Bible....I just recently said in another thread I'm pretty sure the Book of Psalms are songs and prayers that were written by Jews in praise of God; and that is part of the NT

I also don't understand why God would call on the Israelites to stand as "His Warriors" in the End Times......since the Israelites reject His Son Jesus in the first place.

I personally do not approve of some of what Catholics "believe" (idol worship as one example).....but I do actually like this current Pope's style.....to speak more like a common person, than as if he is high and mighty and above all others

Jn 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4: 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

.but don't understand why Israelites, who reject Jesus
I also don't understand why God would call on the Israelites to stand as "His Warriors" in the End Times
Perhaps you are looking at the "why" question from a human perspective; that our actions cause God to do "X" or "Y"; that man controls God.
The other perspective is the God controls man, that God is the initial cause, that God's actions are never an effect, that God is not controlled by men.

• Job 22:2 “Can a vigorous man be of use to God, Or a wise man be useful to himself? 3 “Is it any pleasure or joy to the Almighty that you are righteous? Or is it of benefit to Him that you make your ways perfect? Romans 11:34-35;
  • Job 23:13 But He is unchangeable, and who can turn Him? And what He wants to do, that He does.
  • Acts 17:24 The God Who produced and formed the world and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade shrines. 25 Neither is He served by human hands, as though He lacked anything, for it is He Himself Who gives life and breath and all things to all [people].
If you proceed further to ask why he so willed, you are seeking something greater and higher than God's will, which cannot be found.

Perhaps you are looking at the "why" question from a human perspective; that our actions cause God to do "X" or "Y"; that man controls God.
I know for certain that "man" does not control God......but God will teach men to control themselves.....He will not strip us of "free will".....and He will require absolute obedience without hesitation before this is done

He will not strip us of "free will"
God created all things. Man, who was nothing can create nothing; he cannot create his will. Since God created your will (desires) they are not free of God's determination.

It is not possible for God to know what nothing will do in the future. At one time all men were nothing, yet God knew what they would do and since God cannot know what nothing will do by inquiring to nothing, He looks to Himself as the ultimate cause of all things (the Creator) and knows what they will do because He created and therefore determined what they would do.

If you have free will, why do you decide to have a 'sin nature'? When did you decide what your desires would be? Did you pick your parent or sex? You are only free to do what you desire, but you are not free to chose your desires.

If you will is free from God then He, to a degree, is a puppet that must respond according to what you do as He is a just God.

It is not possible for God to know what nothing will do in the future. At one time all men were nothing, yet God knew what they would do and since God cannot know what nothing will do by inquiring to nothing, He looks to Himself as the ultimate cause of all things (the Creator) and knows what they will do because He created and therefore determined what they would do.
That's an interesting thought.....if God can foresee the future, then I'd have to assume He would know what would become of nothing......and if He foresaw so many rejecting Him and Christianity....that begs the question, why? What would be the point of the Story of Man, unless a person assumes that God is amused by all the death, destruction and Sin men would do?

God does not force men to commit Sin.....even if He presents the options which allow men to choose Sin. And since according to the Holy Bible Jesus said almost every Sin is simply forgiven.....I don't see a point to any discussion or even thought about Sin, men should just do whatever they want because it apparently doesn't matter.

Even what the Pope said, in your original OP doesn't matter....all Sin is simply forgiven, forever and ever, amen. Other people following all these "pagan" religions doesn't matter; God will forgive all of that. As long as no one questions the Holy Spirit; a man can do anything and blame it on the Holy Spirit......and no one else better say anything about it, or they will commit the only unforgiveable Sin.

God created man "in His own image"; God has "free will"....and can do whatever He pleases. Men must learn to control themselves, to make the best choices they can and to obey God; or else.

why? What would be the point of the Story of Man
God purpose is His glory and pleasure. Man does not determined what proponents satisfy the requirements of God's glory and pleasure; i.e. God makes the rules. You can study various theodicies for theories or read Romans 9:19-23 for Paul's (God's) answer.

God does not force men to commit Sin...
Well, how is giving man a sin nature such that his desire are to commit sin. Romans 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

and since according to the Holy Bible Jesus said almost every Sin is simply forgiven
Forgiveness is conditioned... men have various opinions as to what the conditions are.... thus your conclusion lacks consideration of this premise

God created man "in His own image"
If I had a nickel for how this idea is abused by false conclusions.

Romans 9:19-23 for Paul's (God's) answer.
Good answer in most of your reply....but I gotta ask about this one....

Why would Paul write a Book then name it Romans?......why would Paul speak for God's answer, when no other Disciple appears to have professed this?......a lot of the Books of the Bible tend to "repeat" the same message.....why would God instruct Jesus to instruct Paul to write a Book and give credit to the Romans, when they are the ones who killed Jesus in the first place.....

Please forgive me, I am just trying to understand how some of this fits together......I'm pretty sure I wasn't there when Paul wrote this Book

Why would Paul write a Book then name it Romans?.
I don't know that Paul named the Epistle (I assume it was an epistle). Division into chapters and verses and even the name of a book were done by men when they put it together is my understanding.

why would Paul speak for God's answer, when no other Disciple appears to have professed this?
Technically, it's the Spirit moving Paul to write. Not sure what you mean by "professed this". If "professed this" means "give an answer as to why God does things the way He does" then Job 38 is about God telling Job why He does things, though in an unexpected way.

why would God instruct Jesus to instruct Paul to write a Book and give credit to the Romans, when they are the ones who killed Jesus in the first place.....
Again, I believe man named the book, not that it matters IMO.

I would also differ on the saying it was Rome alone the killing Jesus. Eight players/groups involved:
Acts 4:27 for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both 1) Herod and 2) Pontius Pilate, along with 3) the Gentiles and the 4) peoples of Israel, 28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. Genesis 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your 5) [Satan] head, and you shall bruise his heel.” John 16:11 concerning judgement, because the ruler of this world [Satan] is judged. The last are the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Genesis 22:8 6) God will provide himself a lamb. Isaiah 53:10 Yet is pleased God to bruise him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, John 3:16, Romans 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.; Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Yet he 7) [Jesus] opened not his mouth. John 10:18 No one takes it from me [Jesus], but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal 8) Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Division into chapters and verses and even the name of a book were done by men when they put it together is my understanding.
Thank you for all your replies.....I do have my own memories as to what men have done with that Bible....but no proof from Scriptures themselves, or any other ancient text

Whether the Pope was right or wrong in what he said.....I still believe is up to God to Judge......I know the Bible states there is only one path to God....and I believe that path will be made clear over the course of 1,000 years as Jesus does walk this earth once more....to lead the Children properly on the path to Salvation and Final Judgement Day

I am hopeful we can have more discussions over other subjects as we wait

I don't know that Paul named the Epistle (I assume it was an epistle). Division into chapters and verses and even the name of a book were done by men when they put it together is my understanding.

Technically, it's the Spirit moving Paul to write. Not sure what you mean by "professed this". If "professed this" means "give an answer as to why God does things the way He does" then Job 38 is about God telling Job why He does things, though in an unexpected way.

Again, I believe man named the book, not that it matters IMO.

I would also differ on the saying it was Rome alone the killing Jesus. Eight players/groups involved:
Acts 4:27 for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both 1) Herod and 2) Pontius Pilate, along with 3) the Gentiles and the 4) peoples of Israel, 28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. Genesis 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your 5) [Satan] head, and you shall bruise his heel.” John 16:11 concerning judgement, because the ruler of this world [Satan] is judged. The last are the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Genesis 22:8 6) God will provide himself a lamb. Isaiah 53:10 Yet is pleased God to bruise him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, John 3:16, Romans 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.; Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Yet he 7) [Jesus] opened not his mouth. John 10:18 No one takes it from me [Jesus], but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal 8) Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
Chapters and verses And the listing of the Ten Commandments are not inspired word of God but authorized by sacred or apostolic traditions but only in authentic or authorized copies and versions of scripture cos the New Testament does not authorize anyone to copy or translate the New Testament, it falls under the authority to bind and loose matt 16:18-19 matt 17:18 and matt 28:18 and Jn 20:21 authority to teach

Thks

I do have my own memories as to what men have done with that Bible....but no proof from Scriptures themselves, or any other ancient text
What about from the numerous scholars and historians who have thoroughly documented the history of the Bible? If they are simply your memories, then they are not real memories.

Whether the Pope was right or wrong in what he said.....I still believe is up to God to Judge......
He was wrong in what he said.

What about from the numerous scholars and historians who have thoroughly documented the history of the Bible?
Biblical scholars and historians have debated that Bible for centuries.....while wikipedia is not the "absolute authority" on anything, they do give other references for what is written....other books men (and some women) have written regarding the subject.

I do have a question....if the history of the Bible is so thoroughly documented.....how can there be so many different "beliefs" regarding what is written in the Bible? Some people believe in the Trinity, some don't......some people believe in the rapture, some don't.....and so forth....

As for my memories.....I believe I said to you before there are times I wish I could simply forget all of it, but I cannot......over the course of 5 days in March 2021 I got so much knowledge in those memories that it did overload me.....and I did spend a little quality time in the psychiatric hospital, and am still medicated

Some of the memories are very detailed, a few were specific events that happened in my childhood when I was 2.....like taking my grandma's sewing machine apart.....that I was able to verify with older family members.....I was told by a psychologist it was impossible for anyone to have a clear, detailed memory from between the age of 2-3....but I've got a bunch.......I'd say the "impossible" is always possible with God

Biblical scholars and historians have debated that Bible for centuries.....while wikipedia is not the "absolute authority" on anything, they do give other references for what is written....other books men (and some women) have written regarding the subject.

I do have a question....if the history of the Bible is so thoroughly documented.....how can there be so many different "beliefs" regarding what is written in the Bible? Some people believe in the Trinity, some don't......some people believe in the rapture, some don't.....and so forth....

As for my memories.....I believe I said to you before there are times I wish I could simply forget all of it, but I cannot......over the course of 5 days in March 2021 I got so much knowledge in those memories that it did overload me.....and I did spend a little quality time in the psychiatric hospital, and am still medicated

Some of the memories are very detailed, a few were specific events that happened in my childhood when I was 2.....like taking my grandma's sewing machine apart.....that I was able to verify with older family members.....I was told by a psychologist it was impossible for anyone to have a clear, detailed memory from between the age of 2-3....but I've got a bunch.......I'd say the "impossible" is always possible with God
If God can't maintain a communication path to assert what He wants then his isn't God

I was a jw,I was also very much into eastern thought

Essential

Buddha ,there is no God ,this is a philosophy
Hinduism Jesus is one of many Gods
Biblical Christianity Jesus is the sin of God the second person of the Trinity ,the only way to heaven is by him

Jw Jesus was a created being .an angel despite what the Bible says before they came around and clain they wrote..

Mormon.jesus and Satan were brothers and you too can become a god of your own planet and make the rules
Islam ,there is one God allah and he has no son
The Pope says all the above are to the same path

That's not logical . We can't know the truth and yet he says that and we know that there more then one way to God.

That's not logical . We can't know the truth and yet he says that and we know that there more then one way to God.
Actually....I have to disagree with that. There is truth in that Bible....if a person but seeks it. Take out all the things that are contradictory and confusing and repetitive.....and what you will read might surprise you....

As for the beliefs of other cultures.....there is a reason God gave those as well......and the Koran does name Jesus several times....although I have not read it so can't give you the full context

The Pope is anathema and a false teacher, according to the definition found in the Bible. Also, the RCC, for the most part, is an apostate church. That is to say that many, but not all of those who call themselves "Catholic" are deceived at the very least if not entirely unbelievers.

In Matthew 16:17-19 when Jesus is responding to Peter's statement that He is the Christ, He says, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

The RCC uses this passage to support the idea that Peter was the first Pope thinking he is what Jesus is referring to as "this rock I will build My church...", but this is a complete misunderstanding of this passage. What Jesus was referring to as "this rock" is a doctrine, not a person. The doctrine that is "this rock" is that God reveals His will to us and we are unable to come to this understanding on our own and are blessed by God when he imparts these doctrines.

The history of the Bible is very different from understanding what the Bible actually says.

Personal memories that can be verified, fine. There is nothing wrong with that. But, personal "memories" about spiritual things that are not in Scripture are a big problem and almost certainly demonic deception.

Actually....I have to disagree with that. There is truth in that Bible....if a person but seeks it. Take out all the things that are contradictory and confusing and repetitive.....and what you will read might surprise you....
Why take things out of the Bible? That is precisely one of the reasons why there are so many difference beliefs regarding what is written in the Bible. We absolutely cannot add to the Bible nor subtract from it.

Deu 4:2 You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you. (ESV)

Deu 12:32 “Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it. (ESV)

Pro 30:5 Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Pro 30:6 Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar. (ESV)

Rev 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
Rev 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. (ESV)

Besides, the Bible tells us that all of it is inspired and sufficient:

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

We dare not ignore, remove, or add to any of it.

As for the beliefs of other cultures.....there is a reason God gave those as well......and the Koran does name Jesus several times....although I have not read it so can't give you the full context
God doesn't give beliefs to other cultures that contradict what's in the Bible. As for the Quran, that is Satan inspired, and while it has some truth about Jesus, it has much significant error about him and God. That is rather one of Satan's main schemes, seen in the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness--partial truths that are meant to deceive and lead astray.

The mormons use the bible ,koran states Jesus wasn't resurrected

You can't call the Koran God inspired when God can lie and it also says you can be faithful and loyal and not see heaven .

That's my point .there is no need . The Bible is 100 percent true ,yes there grey areas,end times and the nature which God saves .but the cure truths are easily found once revealed

God is either truine or He isn't .

He isn't female in how He deals with us .

Back