Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Pope says "all religions lead to God"

How do you know his face will not be clear?
Thank you for all your responses.....it does help me to see things more clearly

To explain what God has shown to me is not an easy task.......but the reason his face will not be clear I might be able to manage. That man will walk around with the other Angel's who wake to Serve him.....they will spread out to gather as many as can be saved.....those who will serve and obey God......if his face is known, he would have trouble moving through the crowds in carrying out this duty.....once that duty is done, the people will know him

Rev 2:16 Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth. (ESV)
I would stress the 'I" in that passage, singular....it does not say "we" will come to you soon and war .....the verse also says "sword of my mouth", again singular......any single Angel of the Lord is who Blessed, could wipe out an army of 8 billion without getting scratched....or even breaking out in a sweat.....the Heavenly Host does not go to WAR.....the people must not kill for any reason

I do respect your belief's and stance on that Bible......and I might just agree with you on many things.....for what I remember, the things God has shown me......I have no proof, and my Father would not allow me to provide it even if I did....I am in no way trying to disparage any Christians belief's....I merely am trying to point out there is more to it all than people understand....and for any who have closed their mind to any other possibility, they might miss out on some really important stuff

If he truly is the vicar of Christ, but is teaching a gospel that is in opposition to what Christ taught, then he is not continuing the mission, and therefore has no authority in the Church. He is a false teacher and cannot be valid, and is not a successor. Correct?
Yes according to his teaching
A manifest heretic is outside the church and therefore cannot hold office in the church, same with the bishops, but we cant judge them.

We dont have and right to declare who is a valid pope or not!
You don't know which popes were/is valid? 🤔 I know you had 3 supposed popes concurrently and that would be confusing, but I thought R.C.s knew who was the Pope through time for the most part.
Are you implying that one can't be saved without knowledge of Christ or your with your pope on what he said that all religions can lead to salvation?

You don't know which popes were/is valid? 🤔 I know you had 3 supposed popes concurrently and that would be confusing, but I thought R.C.s knew who was the Pope through time for the most part.
Are you implying that one can't be saved without knowledge of Christ or your with your pope on what he said that all religions can lead to salvation?
We have our doubts, and we speculate for sure, only God can judge!

Here is an article I came across in regard to this:

From the end of the article, it suggests that the Pope is trying to "build bridges." Honestly, if that was his intent he has a long road to ho to get many of the other religions to get on the same page as Christianity.

Jn 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 cor 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Religious indifference is condemned!

One true God!
One true (Christian) religion!
One true church!

Thks

We have our doubts, and we speculate for sure, only God can judge!
Interesting ... what percent of R.C.s in your estimation doubt that an elected pope is indeed a 'legitimate' pope where you would have to define 'legitimate' for me

You didn't directly answer my question (yes/no): "can on be saved without knowledge of Christ? " (ignore age of accountability tangent)

Interesting ... what percent of R.C.s in your estimation doubt that an elected pope is indeed a 'legitimate' pope where you would have to define 'legitimate' for me

You didn't directly answer my question (yes/no): "can on be saved without knowledge of Christ? " (ignore age of accountability tangent)
Objectively speaking no!

Premise 1:
Objectively speaking no! ... [My question: "can on be saved without knowledge of Christ? " (ignore age of accountability tangent) ]

Premise 2:
To save all men implies to provide the possibility of salvation to all men,

Premise 3: Billions of people have died after Christ's death having never heard of Christ.

Question: There is a contradiction above as one most know of Christ to be saved and everyone has an opportunity to be saved; yet, some have died never heard of Christ.
Which premise(s) are incorrect or provide explanation. Thx

Premise 1:

Premise 2:

Premise 3: Billions of people have died after Christ's death having never heard of Christ.

Question: There is a contradiction above as one most know of Christ to be saved and everyone has an opportunity to be saved; yet, some have died never heard of Christ.
Which premise(s) are incorrect or provide explanation. Thx
Its a diff of objective and subjective

Objective: Jn 14:6
Christ is required
Thats what is revealed!
That is what must be taught!

Subjective: God is not restricted in any way, he can save in other ways not revealed.

Thks

Its a diff of objective and subjective

Objective: Jn 14:6
Christ is required
Thats what is revealed!
That is what must be taught!

Subjective: God is not restricted in any way, he can save in other ways not revealed.
So, you're statement that everyone has an opportunity to be saved is your 'subjective' (unsubstantiated) opinion. That, though it's a possibility that someone can be saved without Christ in your opinion, no one knows what that way is and therefore no one can avail himself of the opportunity save by unwittingly doing so ( what we call luck).

.... so ...given God does not lie and He says in John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
... .how can you say: "God is not restricted in any way, he can save in other ways not revealed" when it appear to me (I could be wrong) that God has closed the door on "another way to salvation with belief in Christ"?

So, you're statement that everyone has an opportunity to be saved is your 'subjective' (unsubstantiated) opinion. That, though it's a possibility that someone can be saved without Christ in your opinion, no one knows what that way is and therefore no one can avail himself of the opportunity save by unwittingly doing so ( what we call luck).

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
... .how can you say: "God is not restricted in any way, he can save in other ways not revealed" when it appear to me (I could be wrong) that God has closed the door on "another way to salvation with belief in Christ"?
Thats objective
What has been revealed and taught by holy mother church

What Christ revealed the church teaches

But he did not reveal everything

Such as what happens to infants that die without baptism
They cannot go to heaven Jn 3:5
Baptism needed but they have no personal sin, christ did not say so we commend them to God!

Its all we can do

Thanks

Such as what happens to infants that die without baptism
They cannot go to heaven Jn 3:5
Baptism needed but they have no personal sin, christ did not say so we commend them to God!
Interesting ... so a fetus that is aborted goes to hell because it was not baptized?

.... and a fetus or very young child born in a civilization that never heard of Christ goes to hell? (the obvious assumption of the statement is that such a child would not be baptized due to societal ignorance)

For a baby that is still born ... is it too late to baptize said child and thus it goes to hell?

Interesting ... so a fetus that is aborted goes to hell because it was not baptized?

.... and a fetus or very young child born in a civilization that never heard of Christ goes to hell? (the obvious assumption of the statement is that such a child would not be baptized due to societal ignorance)

For a baby that is still born ... is it too late to baptize said child and thus it goes to hell?
Where did i say that?

I said an infant that dies without baptism cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, i did not say it goes to hell, it has no personal sin it also has no grace and Jn 3:5 says not enter without baptism

There are many things we don’t know, Christ did not tell us everything and there are mysteries
The mystery of faith
The mystery of the trinity and the nature of God
The mystery of Christ and His church eph 5:32 acts 9:4 isa 53:5 etc.

Dogma the nature of God incomprehensible to man!

Thanks

Back