Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Are you wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Pope says "all religions lead to God"

We dare not ignore, remove, or add to any of it.
Please forgive me....but I have another question....

Do you believe God is smart enough to get His Message across.....without the need to repeat Himself over and over again through the Holy Spirit "guiding" different men?.....

And if you truly believe a "demon" is guiding me to say......Thou shalt not kill.....I am ok with that......but I always assumed if there was such a thing as demons, they would be all about chaos, death and destruction.....

I am in no way trying to tell anyone what they should believe.....that is a choice of each individual....but I know a whole lot of Christians are going to be lost in this cleansing, and that makes me sad.....because when this begins, a whole lot of Christians are going say, "hey, that was not written in the Bible"; therefor it must be Satan trying to deceive the Christians......and Satan has nothing to do with any of this

Do you believe God is smart enough to get His Message across.....without the need to repeat Himself over and over again through the Holy Spirit "guiding" different men?.....
Get what message across? Everything that Christians need to know is in Scripture. That is the standard by which everything else, every other teaching, belief, and experience is measured.

And if you truly believe a "demon" is guiding me to say......Thou shalt not kill.....I am ok with that......
Notice what I said: ‘personal "memories" about spiritual things that are not in Scripture.’ I have previously stated that anything that contradicts Scripture is not from God.

If anything in your memories contradicts the Bible, it is not from God. Best case, it’s from your own mind; worst case, it’s demonic.

but I always assumed if there was such a thing as demons, they would be all about chaos, death and destruction.....
There are very much such things as demons (evil spirits); they’re mentioned throughout the NT. They come “to steal and kill and destroy” (John 10:10).

I am in no way trying to tell anyone what they should believe.....that is a choice of each individual....but I know a whole lot of Christians are going to be lost in this cleansing, and that makes me sad.....because when this begins, a whole lot of Christians are going say, "hey, that was not written in the Bible"; therefor it must be Satan trying to deceive the Christians......and Satan has nothing to do with any of this
What “cleansing”?

The rcc has long taught that genuine faith outside of Christianity can somehow please God. And…

Honestly?!? That’s a scary 🫣 aspect of the rcc: many of the teachings are logical and such…

But they are decidedly not of Christ Jesus. This actually bothers me a lot because Catholic charities do an enormous amount of good work in the world 🌎 and then one has the rcc universities and schools and….

Ugh 😑 as a side note 🎵 I vaguely remember reading an inspiring little article in a Protestant magazine about Jesus Christ appearing to be people in their dreams. The article is focused on this happening in very anti Christian countries.

Maybe 🤔 if the established church ⛪️ cannot or will not reach out Christ Jesus will? I’d like to think so…

Isaiah 55:11

What “cleansing”?
The Apocalypse....as is kind of sort of given in the Bible over and over again.....the earth will be cleansed, and restored....the Angel's (souls, spirits of the people) will also be cleansed....

A man in white will appear in the clouds, whose face is not clear....everyone on this earth will see this man; no matter where they stand......what he will say, is not something I can speak of.....But if you wish to believe that man in Satan, that is your choice.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone....is going to have to endure this; or make a different choice.....those who kill another human being, will inherit the Mark......as long as a man is not Marked, death is not the end......the death of a man is not the death of the soul, which is eternal; unless God decree's otherwise.....

The meek shall inherit this earth....even if other people want to give that a different definition......the Heavenly Host does not go to WAR

Everything that Christians need to know is in Scripture
Sorry, but I had to come back to this........if God said everything He needed to say in the Book of Matthew.....why did Luke, Mark and John have to "go over" some of the same material/events again....specifically prophecy of what's coming.....why would the Holy Spirit need to guide those men to repeat what had already been given.....

I do know how a lot of Christians feel about that Bible....but good old common sense should be in there somewhere....

Believe it or not....this is real life, and what is coming is based on real life

And if you truly believe a "demon" is guiding me to say......Thou shalt not kill.....I am ok with that......but I always assumed if there was such a thing as demons, they would be all about chaos, death and destruction.....

Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation matt 28:19

Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation matt 28:19
"All men" you sure about that?

Hmm, dont see anything in the verse that says "all men"

Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

"All men" you sure about that?

Hmm, dont see anything in the verse that says "all men"

Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
All nations all men same
Christ is the savior of all

But there is only one savior!
Agreed. The thread is about the Pope who teaches that knowledge of Christ in unnecessary for salvation.

"While the Catholic Church holds that salvation ultimately comes through Christ and the Church, it recognizes that God's grace is not limited by formal membership. Those of other religions, or none at all, can be saved if they sincerely seek the truth and live in accordance with their understanding of God’s will." ChatGPT

The Apocalypse....as is kind of sort of given in the Bible over and over again.....the earth will be cleansed, and restored....
Agreed.

the Angel's (souls, spirits of the people) will also be cleansed....
Where in the Bible are angels ever said to be the "souls, spirits of the people"?

A man in white will appear in the clouds, whose face is not clear....everyone on this earth will see this man; no matter where they stand......
How do you know his face will not be clear?

But if you wish to believe that man in Satan, that is your choice.
Why would anyone believe he is Satan?

those who kill another human being, will inherit the Mark......
Where is this in the Bible?

Rev 13:16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,
Rev 13:17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. (ESV)

the Heavenly Host does not go to WAR
In the Apocalypse? That they go to war is all throughout the Bible.

Rev 2:16 Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth. (ESV)

Rev 19:11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.
Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.
Rev 19:15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
Rev 19:17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God,
Rev 19:18 to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great.”
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
Rev 19:21 And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh. (ESV)

Sorry, but I had to come back to this........if God said everything He needed to say in the Book of Matthew.....why did Luke, Mark and John have to "go over" some of the same material/events again....specifically prophecy of what's coming.....why would the Holy Spirit need to guide those men to repeat what had already been given.....
Firstly, it gives us multiple corroborating witnesses to the life, ministry, death, and resurrection of Christ. Second, they were all written for different purposes and audiences. Matthew was largely written to Jews, to shows how Jesus fulfilled a number of OT Messianic prophecies. Mark was written to Gentiles, possibly in Rome, and possibly to prepare them for martyrdom. The style it is written in makes it possible that it was written to be acted out, like a play. Luke was written, it seems, to a particular person, Theophilus, that he "may have certainty concerning the things [he has] been taught" (Luke 1:3-4). John's gospel is different from the synoptic gospels and his goal is to reveal more about who Jesus is and why we have salvation through him alone (John 20:31).

Third, they all tell us some different accounts or give different details of the same account, though there is much crossover. But, that fits perfectly with my first point. Fourth, the more books the better, as it would disseminate the good news much quicker.

More points could be made as to why there is more than one gospel written, but even so, there are a number of good reasons why there needed to be more than one.

I do know how a lot of Christians feel about that Bible....but good old common sense should be in there somewhere....
Yes, it should, and I have given some of that:

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

This means the Bible in its entirety, which is precisely why we do not add or subtract from it. Common sense tells us why if anything is in direct contradiction to the Bible, we do not accept it as from God.

Believe it or not....this is real life, and what is coming is based on real life
Of course this is real life, however, one's memories may or may not be real life. Feelings, emotions, dreams, and memories can all lead astray, and all are easily manipulated by Satan and other people, which is why we stick to the Bible as the final authority on Christian belief and practice.

Agreed. The thread is about the Pope who teaches that knowledge of Christ in unnecessary for salvation.

"While the Catholic Church holds that salvation ultimately comes through Christ and the Church, it recognizes that God's grace is not limited by formal membership. Those of other religions, or none at all, can be saved if they sincerely seek the truth and live in accordance with their understanding of God’s will." ChatGPT
From post #19

We dont have and right to declare who is a valid pope or not!

If he teaches contrary to the faith we do not follow him!

1 cor 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

From post #19

We dont have and right to declare who is a valid pope or not!

If he teaches contrary to the faith we do not follow him!

1 cor 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
If he teaches contrary to the gospel, how can he be valid? What is the purpose of a Pope?

I don't recall Jesus "founding" any Church.....I believe he taught next to lakes and on mountains.....if you take the Roman account, it was St Peter who founded the Church and put the Pope in charge
Matt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

No Christ built his church on peter and the apostles (eph 2:20) and their successors

Thks

If he teaches contrary to the gospel, how can he be valid? What is the purpose of a Pope?
If he is validly elected he is a valid successor of Peter the visible head of the church, the vicar of christ!

Vicar of Christ means that Christ acts thru peter or continues his mission, power, & authority in His church thru peter and the apostles and their successors

Thks

If he is validly elected he is a valid successor of Peter the visible head of the church, the vicar of christ!

Vicar of Christ means that Christ acts thru peter or continues his mission, power, & authority in His church thru peter and the apostles and their successors

Thks
If he truly is the vicar of Christ, but is teaching a gospel that is in opposition to what Christ taught, then he is not continuing the mission, and therefore has no authority in the Church. He is a false teacher and cannot be valid, and is not a successor. Correct?

Back