Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The pretrib fib

If you did, then you'd know when the Day of The Lord actually starts.[/quote]The day of the Lord start and ends the day of Christ post trib 2nd coming. The are many things that will be fulfilled that day including the resurrection of the just, rapture of the living saints and the wrath upon the wicked, andm more. However the day of the Lord is just that a day.[/quote]

This is wrong. The Day of The Lord is not Christ's Second Coming. [/quote]You believe as you wish, I will believe the Bible.[/quote]

Hi Watchman

This is a typical response of a prideful mindset.

We all claim to know our bibles and believe what is written. So why should you know more, yet supply the least scriptural support for your beliefs ?

Have you figured out what a soul is as of yet ? Scriptural support requested.

Mysteryman said:
If you did, then you'd know when the Day of The Lord actually starts.
The day of the Lord start and ends the day of Christ post trib 2nd coming. The are many things that will be fulfilled that day including the resurrection of the just, rapture of the living saints and the wrath upon the wicked, andm more. However the day of the Lord is just that a day.[/quote]

This is wrong. The Day of The Lord is not Christ's Second Coming.
You believe as you wish, I will believe the Bible.

Hi Watchman

No pride is holding on to your false beliefs even though God's word teaches differently.

watchman F said:
Mysteryman said:
If you did, then you'd know when the Day of The Lord actually starts.
The day of the Lord start and ends the day of Christ post trib 2nd coming. The are many things that will be fulfilled that day including the resurrection of the just, rapture of the living saints and the wrath upon the wicked, andm more. However the day of the Lord is just that a day.

This is wrong. The Day of The Lord is not Christ's Second Coming.
You believe as you wish, I will believe the Bible.

Hi Watchman

No pride is holding on to your false beliefs even though God's word teaches differently.[/quote]

Hi again Watchman

You took my words out of context. No wonder you can't follow along with other posters.

There are two days of the Lord, not one.

The Second coming is the Day of the Lord. But so is the gathering up of the saints , the day of the Lord < II Thess. 2:2

Mysteryman said:
Hi again Watchman

You took my words out of context. No wonder you can't follow along with other posters.

The Second coming is the Day of the Lord. But so is the gathering up of the saints , the day of the Lord < II Thess. 2:2
Once again you have proven your arrogance teaching false doctrine that oppose God''s word.

watchman F said:
Mysteryman said:
Hi again Watchman

Once again you have proven your arrogance teaching false doctrine that oppose God''s word.

Just amazing. And it was you that started the "I can defeat sin" thread. Or was that - "Can sin be defeated ?" thread ? :yes

Why is it that when we agree with one another, there is a type of friendship or bond. When we disagree there becomes a battle ground of words , and the words become darts ? Why can't you show me where I am wrong ? Instead of just throwing darts !

Bless and Peace - MM

Mysteryman said:
watchman F said:
Mysteryman said:
Hi again Watchman

Just amazing. And it was you that started the "I can defeat sin" thread. Or was that - "Can sin be defeated ?" thread ? :yes

Why is it that when we agree with one another, there is a type of friendship or bond. When we disagree there becomes a battle ground of words , and the words become darts ? Why can't you show me where I am wrong ? Instead of just throwing darts !

Bless and Peace - MM
I have shown you were you are wrong in both thread multiple times, and you ignore it it. Further more it was you that started the dart throwing.

Mysteryman wrote:
Hi Watchman

The fact is the Bible could not be more clear about the timing of the rapture and you refuse to accept the truth. Further more sin and death have already been defeated, I believe we can walk in that victory here in this life, and for some unknown reason you don't.

Now your not going to hijack this thread to talk about sin of the freedom thereof when we already have a thread to discuss that are you?

Quote Watchman: "I have shown you were you are wrong in both thread multiple times, and you ignore it it."

Hi there

Untrue ! I have addressed the things that you have said. You however refuse to admit that I have. I do not ignore what you have said. It is just that I do not believe what you are dishing out.

You have yet to show any of us who have been following what you have said so far. That somewhere in scripture we can find where "dead souls" go to heaven. And you have yet to show us, where in scripture the dead souls re-unite with their immortal bodies. You seem to refuse to offer any insight from scripture pertaining to these comments by you. You have yet to give us an explanation of what a soul is by its meaning from the scriptures.

I would say, that you have a lot of explaining to do. But you refuse on the grounds that maybe you can not ! You base everything on your previous comments. Yet when one of us takes you to task about it, you refuse. I believe you leave us no option but to think that you do not have the answers to our questions, just by your refusal to answer them.

Peace be with you - IN Christ - MM

I have scripture that shows souls in Heaven, however we both know you will never accept this truth.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

watchman F said:
I have scripture that shows souls in Heaven, however we both know you will never accept this truth.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Hi there

Now why would you say that I will never accept this truth ? Isn't this presumptuous of you to make such a comment ?

Because I know what a soul is, I know that this verse of scripture is true ! Rev. 20:4 is talking about the 144,000 virgins that were beheaded.

But the scriptures are still true, that when you die, your body and soul go to the grave ! Then there is a resurrection, then you have both resurrected once again. However it is a little different for Christians, in that they are raised with spiritual bodies, because they are raised from mortal unto immortality.

However, these 144,000 are not christians. So they are raised from corruption unto incorruption. So they now have an incorruptible body and they also now being raised from the dead , have their souls back , also being raised from the dead. And they reign with Christ a thousand years.

Christians are raised during the fifth seal , or fifth dispensation. After being raised from the dead, or being caught up at the first day of the lord - II Thess. 2:2. They also have their souls with them in their resurrected spiritual bodies, and this is also their spiritual bodies which are under the altar in Rev. 6:9. And this is why it mentions their souls that are under the altar. Which btw is prior to the opening of the sixth seal, which is the sixth dispensation.

None of this btw do you have to believe. Because the Word tells us, that everyone needs to be persuaded in their own mind.

However, it is my belief, that if one does not know what a soul is by scriptural definition. Then one can not objectively explain the scriptures properly.

And this is why you have dead souls in heaven. There is no such thing as a dead soul in heaven. A dead soul is in the grave, and must be resurrected. And this is why there are so many false beliefs running around. People only think that they know. So they guess what they believe to be true. Knowing and guessing are two totally different beasts ! One beast = knowing = a kitty cat resting in the arms of his beloved creator. The other beast = guessing = a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

Bless and peace to you - IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
watchman F said:

Hi there

Now why would you say that I will never accept this truth ? Isn't this presumptuous of you to make such a comment ?

Because I know what a soul is, I know that this verse of scripture is true ! Rev. 20:4 is talking about the 144,000 virgins that were beheaded.
Why would I believe you will not accept this truth? Previous experience with your denial of obvious truths.

The 144,000 are never martyred. Any one the least bit familiar with Revelation could tell you that.

Mysteryman said:
watchman F said:

Hi there

But the scriptures are still true, that when you die, your body and soul go to the grave ! Then there is a resurrection, then you have both resurrected once again. However it is a little different for Christians, in that they are raised with spiritual bodies, because they are raised from mortal unto immortality.

However, these 144,000 are not christians. So they are raised from corruption unto incorruption. So they now have an incorruptible body and they also now being raised from the dead , have their souls back , also being raised from the dead. And they reign with Christ a thousand years.

Christians are raised during the fifth seal , or fifth dispensation. After being raised from the dead, or being caught up at the first day of the lord - II Thess. 2:2. They also have their souls with them in their resurrected spiritual bodies, and this is also their spiritual bodies which are under the altar in Rev. 6:9. And this is why it mentions their souls that are under the altar. Which btw is prior to the opening of the sixth seal, which is the sixth dispensation.

None of this btw do you have to believe. Because the Word tells us, that everyone needs to be persuaded in their own mind.

However, it is my belief, that if one does not know what a soul is by scriptural definition. Then one can not objectively explain the scriptures properly.

And this is why you have dead souls in heaven. There is no such thing as a dead soul in heaven. A dead soul is in the grave, and must be resurrected. And this is why there are so many false beliefs running around. People only think that they know. So they guess what they believe to be true. Knowing and guessing are two totally different beasts ! One beast = knowing = a kitty cat resting in the arms of his beloved creator. The other beast = guessing = a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

Bless and peace to you - IN Christ - MM
Where in the world do you get this stuff from. This whole post is littered with error. I would say that everything you said was false.

Hi there

Bless and peace to you - IN Christ - MM[/quote]Where in the world do you get this stuff from. This whole post is littered with error. I would say that everything you said was false.[/quote]

Hi Watchman

Well, this reply shows me that I have proven to you that your - "pre trib is a fib" theory is a fib = Untruth.

I know you will not agree with my conclusion. But that is alright. Your constant refusal to have a constructive conversation leaves me no alternative, but to come to this conclusion.

Peach - IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
Your constant refusal to have a constructive conversation leaves me no alternative, but to come to this conclusion.

Peach - IN Christ - MM
Actually if you look at the first 2 or 3 pages you will see I tried to explain the truth to you, but after finding out that you would never accept truth, I felt there was nothing else constructive to say. In the last 6 or 7 pages I have realized that you are so far off nothing constructive would help you.

I Posted this in another topic, but it applies more to this. I believe in a pre-trib, as you will see.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;- 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Not being rude, but what do you post-trib guys believe this falling away is?

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. - Matthew 24:22

this, I am confused on. I am almost positive this is pertaining to the Great Tribulation, but if the days have been shortened, they have already started and therefore its neither post nor pre but mid.

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. - Matthew 24:44

The only time the Rapture could occur when no one expects it is before the tribulation.....

I just want to hear the thoughts of you guys on these verses, all believers.

Faithful4Christ said:
I Posted this in another topic, but it applies more to this. I believe in a pre-trib, as you will see.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;- 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Not being rude, but what do you post-trib guys believe this falling away is?

The phrase "falling away" is the Greek word 'apostasia', from which we get our English word 'apostasy'. It means to fall away from what was once believed. It's used one other time in the NT, in Acts 21:21 rendered as "forsake".

Apostle Paul is simply saying to not be deceived, for Christ's coming and our gathering to Him on the "day of Christ" (i.e., day of The Lord) won't come UNTIL there first comes a great 'apostasy', and the false one is revealed. In Matt.24, our Lord Jesus associated becoming apostate from Him as believing on a false messiah that comes first in His place, which many will say is Christ. In Rev.13:11 forward, we're shown "another beast" that arises from the earth who has two horns like a lamb, but speaks as the dragon (devil). And he sets up false idol worship with the image of the beast. That's what Paul was talking about in 2 Thess.2 with those who fall away to that "son of perdition."

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. - Matthew 24:22

this, I am confused on. I am almost positive this is pertaining to the Great Tribulation, but if the days have been shortened, they have already started and therefore its neither post nor pre but mid.

All our Lord Jesus is saying is that He shortened the tribulation time upon His saints. He doesn't say with that shortening when the tribulation begins or ends, only that it has been shortened from the time originally given. Where was the length of the tribulation originally given? In the Book of Daniel, as 3 and 1/2 years.

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. - Matthew 24:44

The only time the Rapture could occur when no one expects it is before the tribulation.....

I just want to hear the thoughts of you guys on these verses, all believers.

What's the rest of the Scripture that 44th verse goes with? What else did our Lord say along with that?

Matt 24:42-50
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

But here in this 43rd verse, our Lord shows that if the goodman of the house knew in what watch the thief comes, he wouldn't allow his house to be broken into. What's our Lord implying there? Watch and you'll be ready, whenever... the thief does come. Stay up at midnight and stay awake, that's the idea, linked with the ten virgins timing of the wedding.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

No man knows the day or hour of Christ's coming. But we are given to know the times and seasons of His coming, because He gave us what signs to watch with.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

The meaning: blessed are Christ's servants whom He finds still doing His work when He comes. What's the meat in due season? It's about the "strong meat" of Hebrews 5, understanding and discernment. So the true servant of Christ will be giving those of his house "meat" (understanding) according to the times and seasons of His coming. Not just the goodman, but all in the house will be on watch.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
(KJV)

Paul said when they shall say, "Peace and safety", then sudden destruction shall come upon them (1 Thess.5). He said they are 'drunken in the night'. It means they aren't watching the times and seasons of Christ's coming, but instead are spiritually drunken and in spiritual darkness as to the times.

Quote Veteran: "The phrase "falling away" is the Greek word 'apostasia', from which we get our English word 'apostasy'. It means to fall away from what was once believed. It's used one other time in the NT, in Acts 21:21 rendered as "forsake".

Apostle Paul is simply saying to not be deceived, for Christ's coming and our gathering to Him on the "day of Christ" (i.e., day of The Lord) won't come UNTIL there first comes a great 'apostasy', and the false one is revealed."

Hi Veteran

Your top paragraph is correct. It does mean to fall away. But your bottom paragraph is not correct = an untruth.

Christians already know who the false one is. He have been revealed unto us - Christians.

This "falling away" is talking about Christians who fall away from the faith. The world has already fallen away from the truth. Once Christians fall away from the truth, and do not cling to the truth anymore, then Christ is coming back to gather up the church. We are seeing glimpses of this already within the church. For instance, we now see christians saying that when we die, we don't die, but just go on to a better place. Aunt or unlce so and so, is now in heaven after they die. Or, God took my baby to heaven because he wanted another soul in heaven. And I could tell you other things the church is now believing that are just erroneous !

These are signs. Paul told the church that there must be a falling away first. A falling away from the faith = Truth !

This "falling away" is talking about Christians who fall away from the faith. The world has already fallen away from the truth. Once Christians fall away from the truth, and do not cling to the truth anymore, then Christ is coming back to gather up the church. We are seeing glimpses of this already within the church. For instance, we now see christians saying that when we die, we don't die, but just go on to a better place. Aunt or unlce so and so, is now in heaven after they die. Or, God took my baby to heaven because he wanted another soul in heaven. And I could tell you other things the church is now believing that are just erroneous !
Hi MM, this belief above isn't a "now" thing; that belief has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years.

Vic C. said:
Hi MM, this belief above isn't a "now" thing; that belief has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years.

Hi Vic

Could you translate your comment for me please ?

I fully understand the warnings given by Paul unto the Church. And I also know that Paul told the church that there are many things we can strive for and achieve. Such as a crown of righteousness. But one must be found faithful by God in order to receive this crown, or any of the other crowns that are available.

I would like everyone following this thread to consider reading the words of Jesus in Mark 13:20 - 24

In verse 20 the days of the elect shall be shortened = the gathering

In verse 21 - a warning

In verse 22 (cross out the words - "if it were possible")(or cross out the words "it were" notice they are in italics) and then read - "For false Christ's and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce (if possible) even the elect"

Then read verse 23 - Take heed = Beware of

Then read verse 24 - notice the words - "after that tribulation" < The word "that" indicates another tribulation. Notice that it does not say "the" tribulation. It states clearly - "that tribulation". There are two tribulation periods.

Sorry for the confusion, MM. My comment was in reference to this:

... For instance, we now see christians saying that when we die, we don't die, but just go on to a better place. Aunt or unlce so and so, is now in heaven after they die. Or, God took my baby to heaven because he wanted another soul in heaven....

Back