Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Rapture is wrong !

watchman F said:
freeway said:
Yes it is about the truth, God's truth, read and study a little more and you will find that God loves His children, and will not punish us along with the un-loving, Jesus hating world. sad that you think God puts us on the same level. There are many scriptures that says He will send Jesus for His bride "church" AMEN.
Who said anything about punishing the church along with the wicked. I think you have a misunderstanding of what the purpose of the Church and or Tribulation is.
The tribulation is God's greatest act of mercy upon mankind; suffering leads to repentance.
Matthew 24:14 Jesus makes it clear, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come". NIV
The purpose of the church.
The Great Commission.

If you are a member of the body of Christ, why should you want to get out of here so quickly and not remain to help our Lord gather as many sheep as He can?
In all the suffering that will certainly come upon the world, why would you desire to abandon so many reaching out for answers?
And are we NOT supposed to share in His sufferings?
Those of you who hold to a pre-trib rapture abandon your personal Great Commission DURING the Great Tribulation and call out for WHAT?
Your personal expedited delivery from suffering?
I think you flatter yourselves and turn your backs on your duty. Do I need remind you of what the Lord said about duty?

There's almost 7 billion people in this world and stats say that 500 million of us are born again.
We have a 10 to 1 ration of DUTY on our hands.
I sometimes wonder how many of you would lift a finger (other than the middle one).
Proverbs 27:5 "Open rebuke is sometimes better than hidden love". NIV
I find myself astounded at those who call themselves my brethren in Christ and find it far easier to debate truth rather than execute it in practice. What exactly are you prepared for?

I'm prepared to build you up. I guarantee you have work to do.

Andrew's
Pretty vague statement. Would you care to clarify?
Like I said before quoting Jhn 18:36, any teaching or interpretation concerning an earthly kingdom is anti-christ and they that teach it are anti-christ-ians.

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence
There's no rapture, only the wheat and tares endtime reaping of the world. Christ's kingdom is not of this world. :study

precepts said:
Andrew's
Like I said before quoting Jhn 18:36, any teaching or interpretation concerning an earthly kingdom is anti-christ and they that teach it are anti-christ-ians....
That is contradictory to scripture. The same John clearly shows us what an antichrist is and his definition differs from yours. So, I trust John. :yes

[quote:3ffjinq0]
[quote:3ffjinq0]Andrew's

precepts wrote:
Like I said before quoting Jhn 18:36, any teaching or interpretation concerning an earthly kingdom is anti-christ and they that teach it are anti-christ-ians....[/quote:3ffjinq0]
vic.c's
That is contradictory to scripture. The same John clearly shows us what an antichrist is and his definition differs from yours. So, I trust John.[/quote:3ffjinq0] Yeah and I'm John the Baptist. :twocents

Andrew said:
watchman F said:
freeway said:
Yes it is about the truth, God's truth, read and study a little more and you will find that God loves His children, and will not punish us along with the un-loving, Jesus hating world. sad that you think God puts us on the same level. There are many scriptures that says He will send Jesus for His bride "church" AMEN.
Who said anything about punishing the church along with the wicked. I think you have a misunderstanding of what the purpose of the Church and or Tribulation is.
The tribulation is God's greatest act of mercy upon mankind; suffering leads to repentance.
Matthew 24:14 Jesus makes it clear, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come". NIV
The purpose of the church.
The Great Commission.
I sooo agree with you. The Tribulation is not the wrath of god it is the mercy of God. He patiently suffers long waiting for our (the human race) repentance.

precepts said:
Andrew's
Like I said before quoting Jhn 18:36, any teaching or interpretation concerning an earthly kingdom is anti-christ and they that teach it are anti-christ-ians.

[quote:3p33y0bx]Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence
There's no rapture, only the wheat and tares endtime reaping of the world. Christ's kingdom is not of this world. :study[/quote:3p33y0bx]
I don't understand how you could equate my statements into a declaration that Christ's Kingdom is of this world?
Seems to me I clearly stated that when Christ returns He will BRING his Kingdom with Him and with it a new heaven and a new earth.

On a second attempt note, I'll rephrase;
The rapture is the manifestation of Christ's return when He resurrects the dead FIRST, and then those who are still alive are gathered unto Him. It happens, "in the twinkling of an eye".
I hold out to hope that the answer to our Lord's question is YES when it comes to this;
Luke 18:7,8; "And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he will keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"
I hope the answer is YES. For in my mind, these will be those who are truly baptized by fire.

Answers:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail
I can only lead a horse to water..... :wave

Hi all. New to the forums. Just looking over your rapture theories. Interesting.

The way I read scripture is that God is going to take three things out of the world - His Spirit, His Word and His people. And then the tree will be completely dead.

dstrykr said:
Hi all. New to the forums. Just looking over your rapture theories. Interesting.

The way I read scripture is that God is going to take three things out of the world - His Spirit, His Word and His people. And then the tree will be completely dead.
And where do you get these ideas fron, and when I say where i mean chapter and verse

P.S. welcome to the forum.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth (Revelation 3:10).

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon THEM, as travail upon a woman with child; and THEY shall not escape (1 Thess 5:3).

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and AT THAT TIME thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Daniel 12:1)

When the rapture happens, God is going to take out of the World
1. His Holy Spirit (2 Thess 2:6-7)
2. His People (Revelation 18:4)
3. His Word (Amos 8:11-12)

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition (son of satan); Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth [HOLY SPIRIT] that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only HE who now letteth will let, until HE be taken out of the way. AND THEN shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume (2 Thess 2:3-8)

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues (Revelation 18:4)

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of HEARING the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. (Amos 8:11-12)

Just a question, but why would any Christian that has a walk with the Living God think that we are appointed to wrath? Would you appoint your very loved ones to the same fate?

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give YOU an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11)

NOW THAT'S MY GOD!

As I read through all 6 pages of bickering and twisting scripture to “prove†the point, I am amazed that no one has even questioned where and when this “rapture†idea came from. It seems it is taken “as Gospel†and no one dares question it. So here it is in a nutshell, and I pray that you research for yourself, if nothing else than to “prove me wrong†so that God may open your eyes.

The concept of a “rapture†did not exist until 1830, when Margaret MacDonald got sick and had “visions†of a 2-phase return of Messiah. John Darby (the father of dispensationalism) heard of this and he began teaching this new doctrine. Then, Edward Irving adopted this thinking, which ultimately led to his breaking away from the Presbyterian church in 1832. His followers established themselves as the Catholic Apostolic Church and is considered by many scholars to be the birth of Pentecostalism.

I agree that visions can come from God, but it is always wise to be cautious in such matters. Near the same time Macdonald was receiving her visions in Scotland, Joseph Smith was seeing his visions in America that brought the Mormon doctrines to the world. John Wilson also had his dreams that started the false teaching of British-Israelism. Not long afterwards, Ellen G. White received her visions that resulted in many Seventh Day Adventist teachings. Look long and hard at this and you will see that all these people supposedly received visions and new doctrines from God that were very much at odds with one another and contrary to biblical teachings. These "visions" bring to mind the warning that God gave to Moses in Deut 13:1-3 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto you, saying, ‘let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them’; you shall not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord proves [tests] you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

So that said, I would like to comment on some of your posts:

The bema seat is the seat of the Judge (Christ) that gives out rewards, this seat is not a salvation judgement seat. As the word trinity is not found in the bible the phrase bema is also not found in our bible but eluded to in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15, The ideal of bema seat is from the Olympians where at the end of the race the rewards where handed out. You will find the word bema seat all throughout Christian preaching. Believe I am not the first to use this phrase. The word for “Judgment seat†in the Greek is “Bemaâ€

Except the Olympians got it from the Hebrew word Bamah, which means “high place, stage, mountain or alter,†and is found throughout the “Old†Testament. This Bema (Be’mah) seat is an elevated platform or chair made of either wood or stone that is placed in the middle of a synagogue on which a person reads directly from the Torah and Prophets on the Sabbath day. (It is where the "church" derived the pulpit. ) While in this seat, a person is permitted only to READ scripture. He is NEVER allowed to interpret or comment while in this seat. It was often referred to as “Moses’ seat†since the Torah (Teachings) was written by Moses, as instructed by God. It is the same seat on which the righteous kings and prophets of Israel would read the Torah, to bring the people back to God. Messiah even refers to it in Matt 23:1-2 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. Messiah was telling the people to obey what the Pharisees told them to do WHILE THEY SAT IN THAT SEAT, meaning WHILE THEY READ FROM THE TORAH. He then warns them/us not to follow the Pharisees when they get OUT of that seat = when they begin to comment, interpret, add to, or take away from what was just read.
So the Be’mah (Seat) of Messiah is the Great Judgment that we shall all attend with the Torah as our witness, and we shall “receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.â€

Question for you? truthfully, why do post tribers have such a huge problem with pre trib. I never worry about a post triber being lost in the scriptures, or that they are not saved just because they don't believe like I do... why is that, post triber have such a problem with pre tribers...ummm :chin

My concern is two-fold.
1. They might lose their faith in God, because they would not accept a God that will put them through such misery.
2. Those looking for the easy way out will be even further deceived into taking the mark of the beast in order to feed themselves and their families. They will take this mark without question by saying in their heart, “This cannot be the mark of the beast because the rapture hasn’t happened yet.†By taking this mark they are selling their birthright to the Kingdom, just as Esau sold his birthright, and are forever damned. So indeed, looking at it from this perspective, it truly IS a matter of salvation.

Now the Great White Throne jugement is for non- christians. I will not be there. and that is at the end of the 1000 yr mil.

I disagree. I believe we shall ALL be there to witness the destruction of the wicked. The last verses of Rev 20 speak of the Great White Throne Judgment. Then in chapter 21:4, after the New Jerusalem and Temple descend from heaven, “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Why is everyone crying? IMOHO it is because everyone saw at least one, possibly most, or even all of their loved ones, friends, or family members cast into eternal torment. For Messiah Himself said that the gate to destruction is wide and easy and the gate that leads to life is narrow and hard. Many are called: few are chosen.

The Tribulation is not the wrath of god it is the mercy of God. He patiently suffers long waiting for our (the human race) repentance.

Of all the prophetic scripture that refer to the Tribulation, not a single one of them backs up this claim. It is all about God’s fury over His creation being disobedient to Him. The human race as a whole would NEVER repent without His righteous intervention.

That's the Biblical truth. Of course, all those who have something to sell to churchgoers will call their own message the Biblical truth. Unfortunately, a pre-tribulation Rapture has always been a fund-raising gimmick: it's a promise of escape from God's wrath, without having to do anything else than belong to the right sect and pay your tithes. It's useful always to ask, "Who benefits?" Miller and Darby started the thing by having their hopefuls go up on the hill after turning their soon-to-be-useless land and earthly possessions over to Miller and Darby. It continues the same way: the pre-tribulationalists are well-to-do denominations.

Check out my book, below, for the actual course of events.

As I read through all 6 pages of bickering and twisting scripture to “prove” the point, I am amazed that no one has even questioned where and when this “rapture” idea came from. It seems it is taken “as Gospel” and no one dares question it. So here it is in a nutshell, and I pray that you research for yourself, if nothing else than to “prove me wrong” so that God may open your eyes.

The concept of a “rapture” did not exist until 1830, when Margaret MacDonald got sick and had “visions” of a 2-phase return of Messiah. John Darby (the father of dispensationalism) heard of this and he began teaching this new doctrine. Then, Edward Irving adopted this thinking, which ultimately led to his breaking away from the Presbyterian church in 1832. His followers established themselves as the Catholic Apostolic Church and is considered by many scholars to be the birth of Pentecostalism.

I agree that visions can come from God, but it is always wise to be cautious in such matters. Near the same time Macdonald was receiving her visions in Scotland, Joseph Smith was seeing his visions in America that brought the Mormon doctrines to the world. John Wilson also had his dreams that started the false teaching of British-Israelism. Not long afterwards, Ellen G. White received her visions that resulted in many Seventh Day Adventist teachings. Look long and hard at this and you will see that all these people supposedly received visions and new doctrines from God that were very much at odds with one another and contrary to biblical teachings. These "visions" bring to mind the warning that God gave to Moses in Deut 13:1-3 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto you, saying, ‘let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them’; you shall not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord proves [tests] you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

So that said, I would like to comment on some of your posts:

Except the Olympians got it from the Hebrew word Bamah, which means “high place, stage, mountain or alter,” and is found throughout the “Old” Testament. This Bema (Be’mah) seat is an elevated platform or chair made of either wood or stone that is placed in the middle of a synagogue on which a person reads directly from the Torah and Prophets on the Sabbath day. (It is where the "church" derived the pulpit. ) While in this seat, a person is permitted only to READ scripture. He is NEVER allowed to interpret or comment while in this seat. It was often referred to as “Moses’ seat” since the Torah (Teachings) was written by Moses, as instructed by God. It is the same seat on which the righteous kings and prophets of Israel would read the Torah, to bring the people back to God. Messiah even refers to it in Matt 23:1-2 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. Messiah was telling the people to obey what the Pharisees told them to do WHILE THEY SAT IN THAT SEAT, meaning WHILE THEY READ FROM THE TORAH. He then warns them/us not to follow the Pharisees when they get OUT of that seat = when they begin to comment, interpret, add to, or take away from what was just read.
So the Be’mah (Seat) of Messiah is the Great Judgment that we shall all attend with the Torah as our witness, and we shall “receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

My concern is two-fold.
1. They might lose their faith in God, because they would not accept a God that will put them through such misery.
2. Those looking for the easy way out will be even further deceived into taking the mark of the beast in order to feed themselves and their families. They will take this mark without question by saying in their heart, “This cannot be the mark of the beast because the rapture hasn’t happened yet.” By taking this mark they are selling their birthright to the Kingdom, just as Esau sold his birthright, and are forever damned. So indeed, looking at it from this perspective, it truly IS a matter of salvation.

I disagree. I believe we shall ALL be there to witness the destruction of the wicked. The last verses of Rev 20 speak of the Great White Throne Judgment. Then in chapter 21:4, after the New Jerusalem and Temple descend from heaven, “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Why is everyone crying? IMOHO it is because everyone saw at least one, possibly most, or even all of their loved ones, friends, or family members cast into eternal torment. For Messiah Himself said that the gate to destruction is wide and easy and the gate that leads to life is narrow and hard. Many are called: few are chosen.

Of all the prophetic scripture that refer to the Tribulation, not a single one of them backs up this claim. It is all about God’s fury over His creation being disobedient to Him. The human race as a whole would NEVER repent without His righteous intervention.

All of the above is total myth. PAUL originated the pretrib rapture. Plain and simple. Did his message get lose over the centuries? It is possible. But my guess is, every century had people that believed the truth: Jesus comes first to GET His church, then comes about 7 years later WITH His church..

Coop

Matthew 24
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus in this passage is prophecying of pretrib believing backsliders.

Matthew 24
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus in this passage is prophecying of pretrib believing backsliders.
Watchman, can you please show me where this is actually talking about the pretrib? If anything, verse 48 is talking about post. but really its talking about neither.

As I read through all 6 pages of bickering and twisting scripture to “prove†the point, I am amazed that no one has even questioned where and when this “rapture†idea came from. It seems it is taken “as Gospel†and no one dares question it. So here it is in a nutshell, and I pray that you research for yourself, if nothing else than to “prove me wrong†so that God may open your eyes.

The concept of a “rapture†did not exist until 1830, when Margaret MacDonald got sick and had “visions†of a 2-phase return of Messiah. John Darby (the father of dispensationalism) heard of this and he began teaching this new doctrine. Then, Edward Irving adopted this thinking, which ultimately led to his breaking away from the Presbyterian church in 1832. His followers established themselves as the Catholic Apostolic Church and is considered by many scholars to be the birth of Pentecostalism. .

This is just wrong, plain and simple.. The rapture was talked about as early if not earier than 375 AD.
All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins. -Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627)
Question for you post tribers. Can you show me where in history any writing of a "post trib view" and I don't mean the bible, Because we see the same verses and have different views, anywhere in history ?
As you can see and check for yourself, the mention of rapture was around at lease 1000 yrs before Darby. So just to say the 1800 is the birth of the pretrib view is wrong, wrong.

guys I'm not sure if I like this new style of forum, to much trouble to do quotes, clean up a post, and to add quotes in your post that you are working. I can't even log on as freeway anymore.. so I may not answer any more post, and just lurk. until the problem is fixed. Hopefully not to long. I am on other sites and do not visit or interject there to much. But as for now...

guys I'm not sure if I like this new style of forum, to much trouble to do quotes, clean up a post, and to add quotes in your post that you are working. I can't even log on as freeway anymore.. so I may not answer any more post, and just lurk. until the problem is fixed. Hopefully not to long. I am on other sites and do not visit or interject there to much. But as for now...

Amen! And I can't log in either as who I am. Seems more like a way to dictate who will be allowed back in and who won't be considering some of the old users are back in here with the same names they had before the change.
It wreaks of deception!
Praise God, the Lord Jesus Christ, that those who would do such a thing are damned no matter what they do.

And isn't it interesting that two weeks of the most recent posts are just gone! Vanished into cyber space? I don't think so. More like a convenient way to edit the forum.

Back