Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The rapture of the Church

Vic C. said:
Coop make s valid point here:

God had two wills; HIS sovereign will and HIS permissive will. We should not confuse the two. What we see here concerning the power given by the Dragon is permitted by God; not given by HIM.

All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

The church is supposed to have that dragon under control. God says that we have not because we ask not.

Gabbylittleangel said:
All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

The church is supposed to have that dragon under control. God says that we have not because we ask not.

This is why the church must be raptured before the antichrist can be revealed! We, the church of Jesus Christ, have been given authority over the enemy, through the power of the anointing: the Holy Spirit upon us. When we are gone, so is the anointing. There will then be no one on earth to exercise His power.

Coop

Evil can nerver triumph.

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.

C'mon gabby, you know deep down God allows Saain his measly 15 minutes of fame. ;-)It's Jesus that will destroy the adversary, not the ekklesia.

lecoop said:
...When we are gone, so is the anointing. There will then be no one on earth to exercise His power.
Coop

Exactly! Jesus said that we are the light of the world Take the light source out of the world, and the world will be in total darkness.

Lyle,

It is a good thing you don't live in Missouri. What you just said about God speaking to you in an audible voice is grounds to have you committed to an institution in Missouri.

leCoop said:
I just do what the voices in my head tell me to do. :turn-l:

I believe in hearing God's voice, and I believe He speaks to us, but most people who claim to have heard His voice, haven't. They are only voicing their need for psychiatric help. The legislators in Missouri knew this long ago. That is why there is a law on the books in one of the most deeply religious states in the U.S. that allows the authorities to institutionalize a person who states in the presence of two or more witnesses that he has heard God's voice with his own ears.

leCoop said:
I just do what the voices in my head tell me to do. :smt119

If you were a resident of the great state of Missouri, it would be straight jacket time for you. Taxpayers would be paying for you to stay in a rubber room the rest of your life. An attendant would stop by twice a day to wipe the drool off your chin. They will even paint it your favorite shade of pink.

Wow they would do that just for saying you heard God speaking to you? I would NEVER want to go to Missouri.. And I don't think Lecoop actually means speak, but as in showing him signs or God guiding him.. As if he was speaking to him.

What I have noticed is that golfjack started this topic 8 pages ago and not a peep out of him since. ummm :smt017

BenJasher said:
It is a good thing you don't live in Missouri.

Hmm. I guess I just realized that I am grateful that I do not live in Missouri.Certainly there are Christians there who will join the rst of us in when the rapture occurs.

How sad that an entire state would condemn people who believe in God. Is Missouri an atheist state, or is is just that they believe that the God who created the heavens and the earth, is not able to speak?

A quick word search:

The words Thus saith the LORD occur in 413 exact phrase matches.
The words God said occur in 42 exact phrase matches

Just an observation:

All of the prophets in the Old Testament would have been institutionalized if they had lived in modern day Missouri. Coop would have been in good company.

if your having problems with atheists you lot should watch some Kent Hovind videos. You can see them on google video and heres a website of his i think. it is

http://www.creationevidence.org

But if you really want to tear apart every single aspect of evolution then heres another website.

http://www.harunyahya.com

this is a muslim website but everthing there is to know about evolution atheism etc is covered on this website.

The correct understanding of......Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

]....
Shows that there CANNOT be any 7 year Tribulation period......because when Christ comes the 2nd time, the Righteous are taken to heaven, and the UNsaved....are destroyed.

2 Thess. 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,
2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Did you also catch the point......Jesus Christ COMES AFTER.....'son of perdition', who exalted himself as God ?

Did you also catch the point......Jesus Christ COMES AFTER.....'son of perdition', who exalted himself as God ?
Jay, I doubt they will ever get that if they continue to mistranslate and use verse 2:3 as proof text, ignoring the message and meaning of the entire passage. :-?

Let me see if I can bring this thread back on topic.

I apologize to Coop for the "voices in my head" remarks. I couldn't resist the urge to be silly.

But:
golfjack said:
I believe this parable clearly portrays the rapture of that part of the Church which is ready. It is a warning for all to be alert that when we hear the call of the Bridegroom when He comes, we shall be ready to go forth to meet Him. Jesus shows that for His people to be ready they must give themselves to much prayer ( Luke 21:34-36).

He made that remark in reference to the Parable of the 10 Virgins. It occurs to me as odd how, when these things are interpreted in the light of a Rapture, some of the details become un-important enough to be important.

It's immediate and clear meaning is to be ready. That is unmistakable. But there are other details of the parable as well.

For instance:...

1) It has no reference to a Rapture. It has to do with His coming. For the sake of clarity and attention to detail, let's keep things separated, and not immediately assume one is synonymous with the other.

2)Virgins indicate a chaste Bride. So this becomes a parable about the Bride of Christ. It doesn't even refer to the Church in the New Testament era at all. This parable is given in reference to the Nation of Israel. The Bride of Christ is always the Nation of Israel.

3)According to this parable, there is a crier going through the streets at the midnight hour, announcing His coming. This ties into the verse where we are told that "He will do no thing in the earth without He first tell His prophet." At the last minute, just prior to His appearing there will be a warning. "Behold the Bridegroom cometh." That messenger at the last minute was John the Baptist.

Now we do know that the majority of the Nation of Israel was not ready for Him when He came. Although many welcomed Him when He came; the ones who weren't ready were cast into outer darkness, where they are still weeping and gnashing their teeth. They have even consecrated what is left of the foundation of the Temple as a place of weeping. There they weep at the height from which they have fallen, and what they have lost. They await the day when God will release them from the darkness He has thrown them into and cause His light to shine upon them once again. They have, in the clearest literal sense, been cast into outer darkness, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. Just Like Jesus said in the Parable of the 10 Virgins. It is amazing how much prophetic authority He spoke with when He said some of the things He did.

1) It has no reference to a Rapture. It has to do with His coming. For the sake of clarity and attention to detail, let's keep things separated, and not immediately assume one is synonymous with the other.
Good point.

2)Virgins indicate a chaste Bride. So this becomes a parable about the Bride of Christ. It doesn't even refer to the Church in the New Testament era at all. This parable is given in reference to the Nation of Israel. The Bride of Christ is always the Nation of Israel.
Another good point.

8-)

That's simple and Biblical Gabby... We are The Body of Christ. Israel is The Bride. How many times throughout the OT do we see Israel being refered to as the feminine gender? I know this line of thinking is strange to many because of what they have been taught (traditionally) but are you/they being taught correctly? Only the Bible can confirm that.

Is it so hard to understand that believers are the bride of Christ, whether one is Jew or Gentle, or any race? We believers just have not been to the wedding yet, which will be in Heaven. Old Testament Saints have not yet had their wedding, but will sometime after we come back with Jesus to set up the 1000 year reign. I guess, one can say we are all waiting for this great celebration. But until then, we can say the Church is the Bride of Christ.

May God bless, golfjack

You are correct... we can say the Church is the Bride. We have that prerogative. However, the Bible does not indicate the church is the bride, so it is not true teaching. The Bible teaches us that Israel is the bride.

Sorry... :-?

Vic Said:
That's simple and Biblical Gabby... We are The Body of Christ. Israel is The Bride. How many times throughout the OT do we see Israel being refered to as the feminine gender? I know this line of thinking is strange to many because of what they have been taught (traditionally) but are you/they being taught correctly? Only the Bible can confirm that.

If we are the body of Christ, that means we will get married to Isreal?

Here is what Paul wrote to Corinth

2Cr 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.

Is he speaking to all believers, or just the Jews?

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. Revelation 21:1-27

Back