Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Many prophecies must be fulfilled

Please name one prophecy that still needs to be fulfilled.
Just one.
Give me the one you believe to be the most convincing.

This one ,that teaches us of a another Temple and a false christ.

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), Matthew 24:15

This was echoed by Paul -

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

JLB

Invisible to non believers. His own will see Him and know Him.

Please share the scriptures that say this.

Hopefully it will help me to understand it in light of this scripture -

28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28

and this -

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him...

This is a direct reference to the resurrection and Rapture.

This will not take place until... the man of sin is revealed.

Furthermore, please note that it is Jesus Himself that destroys this one who proclaims himself as God, by the brithness of His Coming.

Anytime we see that word Coming associated with Jesus return, please keep in mind that this event is so "BRIGHT" that it literally destroys the man of sin, the Lawless one.

If this takes place before the tribulation, there won't be anyone to deceive the world during the tribulation.

JLB

Many prophecies must be fulfilled

Please name one prophecy that still needs to be fulfilled.
Just one.
Give me the one you believe to be the most convincing.

This one ,that teaches us of a another Temple and a false christ.

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), Matthew 24:15

This was echoed by Paul -

JLB

These things are not easily explained.
You quote Matthew 24:15 yet in Matthew 24:27, part of the same passage, Jesus says, "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man".
This is a sudden event.
You cannot see it coming.

Using 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 can also be disputed.
Paul tells us many times prior to this passage that we are the temple of God.
To think that he is talking of a rebuilt temple in the end is just not implied.
If you read this passage as we being the temple of God, it makes much more sense.

These passages you use simply do not make it clear as to what you are saying is true.

You got anything else?

These things are not easily explained. You quote Matthew 24:15 yet in Matthew 24:27, part of the same passage, Jesus says, "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man". This is a sudden event.

What Jesus is teaching us is, no one will have to say here is the Christ or there, but He will be seen, as lightning is seen.

Not just where if flashes, but the light will be seen even from a distance.

It is about Jesus' return being seen, whereas the coming of the antichrist will have to be spread by word of mouth.

That is the safe guard agaist being deceived.

NO ONE WILL HAVE HAVE TO TELL WHEN JESUS RETURNS, FOR HE WILL BE SEEN BY EVERY EYE.

ALL THE TRIBES OF THE EARTH WILL MOURN.

JLB

These things are not easily explained. You quote Matthew 24:15 yet in Matthew 24:27, part of the same passage, Jesus says, "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man". This is a sudden event.

What Jesus is teaching us is, no one will have to say here is the Christ or there, but He will be seen, as lightning is seen.

It is about Jesus' return being seen, whereas the coming of the antichrist will have to be spread by word of mouth.

NO ONE WILL HAVE HAVE TO TELL WHEN JESUS RETURNS, FOR HE WILL BE SEEN BY EVERY EYE.

JLB

It is still a sudden event.
He will come in the twinkling of an eye.
You won't know when he comes.

The question is when will that be?

The anti-christ setting himself up in the temple of God may already be happening.
You can't prove otherwise.

JLB

The anti-christ setting himself up in the temple of God may already be happening.

I certainly can prove otherwise.

But I can't to you, because you don't believe what Jesus, Daniel and Paul teach.

In addition, John in Revelation 13.

To me it is simple, the Temple is built, the sacrifices start, the man of sin (the prince who is to come) puts an end to sacrifice and offering, Jesus returns ant the end of the age and destroys Him.

The sun, moon and stars event will be just before he returns.

JLB

JLB

But I can't to you, because you don't believe what Jesus, Daniel and Paul teach.

To me it is simple, the Temple is built, the sacrifices start, the man of sin (the prince who is to come) puts an end to sacrifice and offering, Jesus returns ant the end of the age and destroys Him.

JLB

It makes for a nice story.
I can picture it.

JLB

It makes for a nice story.
I can picture it.

This is the only truth that safeguards the believer from being deceived by the antichrist, the false messiah.

JLB

Jesus, Paul, and Peter all taught to be ready, for the coming of the Lord will be like a thief in the night.
If you think things have to happen first, then you are not watching and no doubt will be caught off guard at his coming.

Yes He is coming like a thief in the night,but only to those who are in darkness,why do you all(rapturist)keep missing this fact?

I Thessalonians 5:1 "But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you."

This chapter picks up and continues from where the fourth chapter left off. So we are not ignorant where the dead are; we know that if Christ arose, then the dead also have arose; and the last point is the fact that death can not hold God's people.

In I Thessalonians 5:1, Paul is saying, "I just told you the events that would transpire before the Lord Jesus Christ returns". We know the season it will be; and an event that will take place. First, the two witnesses will be slain in Jerusalem, and put on display in a wide street [arena] there. Then for three and a half days the world will celebrate the death [murder] of the two by Antichrist, and Paul gives us more information as to the times just prior to Christ's return.

I Thessalonians 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

Okay,here is the verse, 5:2 ,however , why do you all ignore the next few verses?

I Thessalonians 5:3 "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

This "travail" is mentioned in Matthew 24, and Mark 13, as well as other places, and Jesus called it "Labor pains". Why? Because when it happens, the travail will be exactly as the contractions a woman has in labor. You will know ahead of time with plenty of warning, and as each prophetic event comes, those pains or events of the end times get closer and closer until the ones at the end are in rapid order, coming at the same time.

Jesus gave us the six sign to watch for, so that we would not be deceived. Yet most Christians today chose to not believe Jesus. These signs get closer and closer until the child is born. Only instead of the birth of a child; it will be the birth of a new age. That age is called, "Christ's Kingdom", or the millennium age.
When we know God's Word, we know He comes at the seventh trump, and the events, all events must come before then. It's in the Bible, so that we would not be deceived.

Now for the verse that for some reason is always ignored.......

I Thessalonians 5:4 "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

I Thessalonians 5:5 "Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

I Thessalonians 5:6 "Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober."

Now,what are we to watch for?Simple,everything that Christ,as well as Paul told us would happen,before our gathering..........

Now let's look at a few more verses from this chapter....

I Thessalonians 5:8 "But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation."

This verse is a double witness to Ephesians 6:10-20. Each of these items, are part of the Christians armor to fight the spiritual warfare coming upon us. Many Christians are going to be deceived into looking for a physical battle; when the war of our generation will be a spiritual war. A war of words, ideas, concepts and precepts which are all over God's Word [Bible]. Why would you need God's word, if your going to fly out of here? Armor has only one use, and that is for protection. It is to "stand against the fiery darts of Satan".

Ephesians 6:12; "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers [world rulers] of the [this] darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [heavenly] places."

The "darkness of this world" are Satan's entire world system of demons, deceptions by Satan, and all those doctrines of demons and false teaching. Even the false shepherds who teach and know not the truths of God's Word are part of the "darkness of this world".

I Thessalonians 5:9 "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,"

You don't have to hide away to escape God's wrath upon the world. He is your Father, and loves you. God controls all that will come upon the earth, and Revelation 9:1-4 tells us He is the one who even gives the keys of Authority to Satan. Antichrist is the star that will fall to this earth, and he is Satan.
Your salvation from God's wrath will only come through your faith in Jesus Christ. When Satan comes to earth, the first seals of Revelation, and Matthew 24, and Mark 13 will have taken place and be present. These are seals of deception, brought on by Satan's claim to be the true Christ. Those claims will be backed up with wondrous works, and miracles, as well as world peace and prosperity to all the world.

Your only hope of not being deceived is to know exactly what will come about, and when it does come, it will be prophecy of God's word coming true. You will not have to worry about what to say, for when the time comes to give answer, it will be the Holy Spirit speaking through you [see Mark 13:11].

Again Christ cannot and will not return until everything He said would happen,happens first....No if's ands or maybe's!!!!!!!

Edward

Invisible to non believers. His own will see Him and know Him.

Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, A-men."

Every person on this earth will see Jesus Christ upon His second coming. Some will "wail" in joy, for they kept His Word, and did not yield to Satan, the Antichrist. However, most will "wail" in sorrow and shame for they were taken by the wrong Christ in the wrong marriage. They followed after the Antichrist who came first and appeared as they were taught through their churches traditions, called the "rapture

Luke 23:30 "Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, `Fall on us; and to the hills, `Cover us.' "

Revelation 6:14 "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

Revelation 6:15 "And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;"

All mankind except God's "elect", the remnant, and the 144,000 of chapter seven, will be part of Satan's [Antichrist's] kingdom. When the rest of the Christians see our Lord Jesus Christ coming, they will all know immediately what they have done. Then the shame will be great, to the point of killing themselves, if it were possible. But it will not be possible for all souls will be changed into their incorruptible bodies at the coming of Christ. I Corinthians 15:50-54 reveals that no flesh and blood can nor will exist at that time, nor will any of the things dealing with the flesh body exist.

Revelation 6:16 "And said to the mountains and the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:"

This bears repeating, but if you simply can not understand that the Antichrist comes first, before Jesus Christ's return, you will worship the Antichrist as the true Christ. This verse is describing how you will feel when you see the true Christ at the seventh trumpet. The fear will be so great that it will be a terror to your mind for the sins that you have committed in worshipping the false christ.

Revelation 6:17 "For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

Dosn't look like all non believers to me!!!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by n2thelight

Yes He is coming like a thief in the night,but only to those who are in darkness,why do you all(rapturist)keep missing this fact?

Edward

I don't miss this. Why would you presume I do?

Because that's the only verse Ive seen you use,and if you don't miss this,why then do you use the thief verse to prove a point?

Edward

Again you presume. We're promised to have persecution. Why would we be any different than any Christian down through the ages for thousands of years? I believe that we are merely promised to not have to endure the great tribulation. Please see Revelation 3:10

Question,what is the difference between the persection of Christians throughout time,and the Great Tribulation?

Edward

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth./(KJV)

ἐκ, ἐξ
ek ex
ek, ex
A primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence motion or action proceeds), from, out (of place, time or cause; literally or figuratively; direct or remote): - after, among, X are, at betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+ abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up), + grudgingly, + heartily, X heavenly, X hereby, + very highly, in, . . . ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, X thenceforth, through, X unto, X vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion./(Strong's)

Am I missing something here? It seems pretty clear.

Another question,do you understand what the hour of temptation is?And to answer your question,yes,I think your missing something.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward

That's because you're confusing two different events and two different times, trying to mesh them into one. A careful study of many different scriptures reveals this. You're essentially correct in what you have put down. This speaks of the (so called) 2nd coming, when Jesus comes to the earth. This is after the rapture, after the great trib, after the marriage supper of the Lamb, and when he returns, His own will be with Him.

Christ comes only once more,not twice,however Im confused, is Matt chapter 24 pertaining to the rapture?If so can you tell me where?If not can you explain why Christ warned us of everything that would happen,if we are not going to be here?

Edward
This is the most prophesied event in the Bible. The Old Testament contains many references to it, and it has been estimated that in the New Testament one verse out of ten refers to this coming of Jesus Christ. If all the references to this event were taken out of the New Testament, you find it unintelligible in many parts.

I agree,however what I can't figure out is,why do you all seperate this event from our gathering,when it's one in the same?

And to answer your question,yes,I think your missing something.......

How about explaining what Revelation 3:10 for me? :)

He comes as a thief in the night to those who walk in darkness. That's the point. Those who walk in the light are watching for Him, as we should be.

Yes we are watching for Him,however we were told to watch for the signs that were to preceed that coming,ie ,our gathering....Now why would He gives us these signs,if He was going to just come at anytime out of nowhere....True, we don't know the day ,nor the hour,but we are to know the season.....

Rev 3:10 will take awhile,so I will get back to you on that.....

Look folks, Jesus is coming to grab his Church before those trumpets sound and those vials dumped out. We are not hanging out to see how cool the Wrath of God looks like from a Earth perspective. Remember that Enoch was taken by faith and God having a sense of Humor might just leave you post tribbers down here all Salty because you would not listen.

As for perterist???????? Never in my life until getting on this forum have I met such a confused bunch. I thought election was bad, or even praying to Mary might be suspect, but to believe something with zero scriptural basis is new to me. At least Mary was someones Momma and a real person, they got that right.....

We are getting taken, we ain't hanging around down here. Deal with it. You can moan and complain to God about it latter.........

Mike.

The Book of Revelation is full of Jewish symbolism.
When the time comes, it is the Jews that will read this book, understand it, and get saved.
The church is already gone.

Look folks, Jesus is coming to grab his Church before those trumpets sound and those vials dumped out. We are not hanging out to see how cool the Wrath of God looks like from a Earth perspective. Remember that Enoch was taken by faith and God having a sense of Humor might just leave you post tribbers down here all Salty because you would not listen.

As for perterist???????? Never in my life until getting on this forum have I met such a confused bunch. I thought election was bad, or even praying to Mary might be suspect, but to believe something with zero scriptural basis is new to me. At least Mary was someones Momma and a real person, they got that right.....

We are getting taken, we ain't hanging around down here. Deal with it. You can moan and complain to God about it latter.........

Mike.

I love you Brother Mike, but Noah hung out and saw the wrath of God.

The Children of Israel who were in Egypt hung out and watch the wrath of God, but were not effected.

The resurrection happens at the end of the age, on the last Day, not seven years before the end.

Wake up Brother Mike.

JLB

I love you Brother Mike, but Noah hung out and saw the wrath of God.

I'll have you know, there was a big wooden door on that ark and when that door shut, Noah did not see squat!!!!

That is most likely scientific fact you know.

Mike.

Mike.

Well, you are being taken, but by whom? Do you think His prayer will fall on deaf ears?

Jhn 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Jhn 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

I am not going to grab the scripture cannons for a silly thread like this. That was back in the older days..........

Jesus prayed for the 12, and those that believed on their word. You might not have noticed this but the 12 are no longer here on earth anymore. Jesus also prayed (Matt 6) to keep us from evil. That does not mean we live forever.

Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

God would have done anything Jesus asked, He had the highest favor with the Father. Jesus first statement was that His 12 were not of this World, the World hates them as they hated me.

So Jesus already declared to God that they (The 12) were not part of the World or the world system. So he made it clear to God that even though they are not of the Word, He was not asking His father to take them out but to keep them from evil.

You need to examine the scriptures around and understand what is being written.

It's like me telling you the cake must come out of the oven soon, as the cake is almost done. I am not saying take the cake out now but make sure 10 more minutes have passed then check it.

Since you do what I ask you to do, I make it clear that I am not asking you to take the cake out now, but be mindful of it and check it in 10 Minutes.

stay focused............ I am not here to bring up scriptures and you seriously do not want to do that with me. Just take my word on that.

Mike.

It baffles me how pervasive and popular this idea of an end time antichrist is despite it being foreign to the scriptures. Dots have been forcibly connected that need not be in order to promote this false doctrine! The context that antichrist is spoken of does not give rise to this idea at all. Listen to the words of John from 1 John 2:

15 Don't love this system of things or anything in [it]. For, if anyone loves the system of things, there's no love of the Father in him. 16 Because, nothing in this world – its fleshly desires, lusting after the things you can see, and trusting that you can provide for yourself – comes from the Father; rather, it comes from the world… 17 and the world with all its desires is passing away! However, he who does God's Will is living for the age.18 Young children; It's the last hour. And just as you've heard, the Antichrist is coming. Why, right now there are many Antichrists; and that's how we know it's the last hour. 19 They left us, because they weren't like us; for if they had been like us, they would still be with us. But [they left], which is proof that they aren't like us.20 However, the Holy One has chosen you… but then, you all know that. 21 So, I'm not writing to you because you don't know the truth, but because you have known it. Why, lies don't come from the truth. 22 And who are the liars? It's those who deny that Jesus is the Anointed One. This is the Antichrist (gr. antichristos – anti-anointed): He who denies both the Father and the Son! 23 For, whoever denies the Son [also denies] the Father. However, he who admits [to knowing] the Son also [admits to knowing] the Father.
24 As for you; Hang onto the things that you heard long ago! For, if the things that you heard long ago stick with you, you will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is what he has promised us: age-long life.26 Now, I'm writing this to you [in order to warn you] about those who are trying to lead you in the wrong direction. 27 I realize that you don't need anyone to be teaching you, since the anointing that you received from him is still in you. His anointing is teaching you about everything… it's true and it doesn't lie. So, just as it taught you, remain in him.
According to John, the antichrist was not a singular entity but rather was found to be many people and was actively trying to affect the saints nearly 2000 years ago. These people that John calls antichrist were apparently once believers that were trying to lead the saints in the wrong direction by telling them that Jesus was not the Christ. According to John the "they that left us" were liars and one and the same with "antichrist."

I certainly can prove otherwise. But I can't to you, because you don't believe what Jesus, Daniel and Paul teach. In addition, John in Revelation 13. To me it is simple, the Temple is built, the sacrifices start, the man of sin (the prince who is to come) puts an end to sacrifice and offering, Jesus returns ant the end of the age and destroys Him. The sun, moon and stars event will be just before he returns.

The issue more likely is that some of us do not believe what YOU SAY Jesus, Daniel, and Paul teach concerning the events in question. As I look through the pages of scripture, nowhere do we see it being taught that the Temple would be rebuilt after its 1st century destruction, nowhere. And when you consider that Jesus finished and fulfilled the Law making a temple unnecessary and therefore NO LONGER A HOLY PLACE as God no longer dwells in temples make with hands, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Matthew 24:15 to occur as there is not a holy place at any temple for the abomination that causes desolation to stand.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back