Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Rapture

Indignation and wrath upon every soul that doeth evil. Agreed.

I thought scripture describes the Bride of Christ as spotless and unblemished though. The Bride does not obey unrighteousness or she wouldn't be the Bride.

Keep trying.
I work with the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, understand?

What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD. Have you never read?
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters(peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues), and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord GOD Omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give Honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he (the angel of the LORD) saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

There's no Rapture scriptures in there, that speaks of the time of great tribulation.

All of you post tribbers are confusing the scriptures which speak of Rapture with the scriptures that describe his 2nd coming for judgement. Here, have some Rapture scriptures you Brothers and Sisters:
1 Thessalonians 1:10
1 Thessalonians 5:3, 5:9
Revelation 3:10
Isaiah 26:19-21
John 14:1-3
1 Corinthians 15:1-53
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
1 Thessalonians 2:19
Romans 8:19
1 Corinthians 1:7-8; 15:21-23
Philippians 3:20-21
Colossians 3:4
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10, 23
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3
1 Timothy 6:14
Hebrews 9:28
James 5:7
1 Peter 1:7, 13
1 John 2:28-32
Jude 21
Revelation 2:25
Revelation 16;15

We didn't talk our way through all those scriptures and that's because some were being buttheads and hindering reason. So there's what I have. Figure it out if you all can, or coose to believe it or not to believe it and may God bless you all and give you wisdom and understanding. It seems unfruitful for me to to continue with how some some are starting to talk. This thread is going downhill at this point. But! It was interesting for awhile. I tried.
The battle is against three unclean spirits like frogs - Revelation 16:13-15. Why frogs?

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon(Revelation 13:11), and out of the mouth of the Beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great Day of GOD Almighty. (This Day arrived, the LORD's Day, the seventh and last Day or seventh and last millennium)
15 Behold, I come as a thief.

The Bible gives us many prophecies that certain things have to happen before Jesus returns. The two witnesses, mark of the Beast, wars, antichrist deeds like the abomination of desolation. When we see these things happening we know that 1260 days after the antichrist walks into the temple and declares himself God that Jesus will return. (Revelation and Daniel)..Here:

/
In Revelation 11 and 12, John mentions 1,260 days in two prophecies concerning another persecution of the Jews during the end times. Daniel 8 speaks of 2,300 days in a prophecy concerning a persecution of the Jewish people during the intertestamental period. The main differences between these two prophecies are 1) Daniel’s has been fulfilled, and John’s has not; and 2) Daniel predicts the actions of Antiochus Epiphanes, and John predicts those of the Antichrist.

The 1,260-day prophecy is found in two passages in Revelation. First, Revelation 11:2–3 says,

“[The Gentiles] will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Then, as part of a symbolic vision, Revelation 12:6 says,

“The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.”

The time period covered, 1,260 days, figures to 42 months, or 3 1/2 years. We believe this prophecy has not yet been fulfilled but will be during the end-times tribulation. The 42 months refers to the reign of the Antichrist, specifically, the last half (3 1/2 years) of the seven-year tribulation. At the beginning of that time, the Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel and set up “the abomination that causes desolation” (Mark 13:14; cf. Daniel 9:27)—an act that links the Antichrist to Antiochus Epiphanes, who similarly defiled the temple. The Antichrist will then turn his attention to the genocide of the Jews. During the persecution, Israel (the woman of Revelation 12) will be protected by God in the wilderness. Also during that troubled time, God will send two witnesses to perform miracles and proclaim the truth of Christ in the face of the Antichrist’s lies (Revelation 11:5–6).

The detailed prophecies contained in God’s Word are part of what makes the Bible unique among religious texts. Our God can “make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come” (Isaiah 46:10), and He has revealed significant events in the future, counting out the very days of those periods of time.../https://www.gotquestions.org/prophecy-1260-days-Revelation.html

So if we know when the 2nd coming will happen, why does Jesus tell us to be ready always at a moment, and for us to be watching?

Because it's in two visits. The church is gone by the time the tribulation starts.

You make good points about the 1260 days, which are the
3 1/2 years of the great tribulation.

As you can see the church is being persecuted during that time. Part of the Church is protected in the wilderness while the rest of her offspring is being persecuted.

Tribulation = Persecution

JLB

I thought scripture describes the Bride of Christ as spotless and unblemished though.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:14-15

This is the view in heaven just as Jesus prepares to return with His Church for the resurrection and rapture and to destroy the wicked;
the coming of the Lord

After these things I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God! For true and righteous are His judgments, because He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication; and He has avenged on her the blood of His servants shed by her.” Revelation 19:1-2

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Revelation 19:7-8

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Revelation 19:11-15

JLB

Last edited:
This view here in Revelation 20 continues where chapter 19 leaves off and describes what will happen to the devil, and what will happen to those who were faithful unto death and did not give in during the tribulation.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. Revelation 20:1-4

JLB

Every Christian all over the world should be in one mind and one accord in this matter, so we will prepare for what’s coming, so that we do not allow our love to grow cold, and to make ourselves ready…

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10

That together we will strengthen each other to stand strong and to honor our Lord even in our death, as He will give us the grace to remain faithful to Him.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Revelation 12:11

JLB

You need to learn the difference between trials & tribulations and the wrath of God to be poured out upon the inhabitants of the earth as punishment for rejecting Him as Messiah.

I Thessalonians 1:10
Revelation 3:10
Revelation 3 is to specific churches... not every verse in chapters 2+3 are for every church.
So some churches are the Bride and some are not?
The Bride is not subject to the wrath of God.
Just as the plagues of Egypt were not for the Hebrews... but they lived through them.

They are raptured out beforehand.
I see no evidence of this.
Then when Jesus makes His coming after the tribulation (great tribulation), He brings His Bride with Him, from heaven.
In the place He went to prepare a place for us.
Jewish weddings in old time, the Groom came for the Bride and they went to the place that He had prepared for Her...
and they go in and shut the door for 7 days.
So hide yourself for a while from the indignation of the Lord's wrath.
Then they come out of the bridal chamber...
Pure speculation on your part.
(and return to earth for the day of the Lord.)

The Bride does not deserve punishment! She is the unblemished one!
When did I say the Bride is punished?
Do you not believe that Jesus loves you? Wow. Just, wow.
Are you saying that Jesus doesn't love me? Wow. Just, wow.

Hello Edward
Thank you for planting seeds. That is our job.
I would like to make a case that we are already in tribulation. Remember, Edward, 80% of the Christian folks were taught the rapture theory and New Age, prosperity religion. When you come on to the forums, you had better expect to be attacked because they love being confrontational. Just make sure your spiritual armor is on tight and I enjoy reading your post.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Expect many earthquakes, famine, war, you know all the stuff that’s called tribulation to pave the way for the antichrist who will come in peacefully and prosperously and suck all the New Age believers into his camp
Then you can have a talk with the people that believe in rapture until then you’re probably wasting your breath. Patience my friend it is coming fast. They will need our help.

There were numerous violations of the ToS which resulted in posts being edited and deleted. Any more violations will result in being banned from the thread.

Thank you.

I can not fathom that our Lord would let HIS bride go through the tribulation.

Honey I'm going to let you get the snot beat out of you and then we'll go to dinner, ok?

Not.
Hello Edward. I agree. 1 Thessalonians 4:18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. Paul's letter to the Thessalonians where he details the rapture is an encouragement. The prospect of going through the mass death, natural disasters etc that will fall on the earth, is not an encouragement. God Bless You!

Hello Edward. I agree. 1 Thessalonians 4:18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. Paul's letter to the Thessalonians where he details the rapture is an encouragement. The prospect of going through the mass death, natural disasters etc that will fall on the earth, is not an encouragement. God Bless You!
And yet I find it greatly encouraging that I will be able to stand for my faith and it will probably cost me my life.
Somehow I don't think my life is worth as much as you seem to value your comfort.
How does that happen? What is wrong with my thinking?

That's right Brother! The church is not appointed unto God's wrath. So the church gets raptured out before God's wrath is poured out upon the earth.

Noah and the flood is an analogy for the rapture! And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be so at the coming of the Son of man (to get His Bride!).

People did not believe Noah about the rain of judgment and to repent is to live. And they said (sic), there aint no rapture and God will keep us safe and feed us during the great tribulation anyway! So they did not obey and watch they continued to get married and start businesses and have BBQ's and sin and forget God, and then suddenly one night, Ta-Da!! He is in the sky and you can see Him, because you are a believer, but you are not taken because you were not ready...!!! It came upon them like a thief in the night and just wiped out their world. They now know they will have to endure the great tribulation because they were not obeying and perhaps had unconfessed sins?

I do not want to miss the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. I think it might just be the biggest party ever held in Heaven?! So who cares if if they think I am a kook? The Bride has made herself ready is what it says. Hope to see you all there! :pray

When the rapture happens, it will happen in the twinkling of an eye. Which is to say how long it takes light to travel from the outer surface of your eye through your cornea to the rear of the eye (or middle?) way faster than an eyeblink. No time to pray or repent from any sins at that point. It will be too late.

Look, it's starting to rain...

Get ready for it... should be sometime this year.
careful giving a time of that which we do not know.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

careful giving a time of that which we do not know.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
I think you think I am talking about the Rapture... I am not.
I believe the Rapture comes after the Millennium. So not for a while.
I speak of the beginning of death and suffering on this earth... the Tribulation.
That can spread over many years and I feel that history will look back and say it started 2023.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18

The context of verse 18 is always being with the Lord, not avoiding the tribulation.

The resurrection of the dead in Christ occurs just before the rapture, at His coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

I think if you study about when the coming of the Lord is, and the resurrection, you will discover the truth very easily.

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” Matthew 24:3

JLB

Back