Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Simple Key to Interpreting Revelation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thank you for permission to challenge you at every step.
If you say you know anything about the Bible I have your permission to challenge you.
No, you’re changing the goal
posts. The standard is “what I say is what the Bible says.” That’s the test.

Now you can challenge me on what I know for sure. But it will get worse because not only am I fairly acquainted with the Bible, I know and understand God Himself. I know what He does in general and why and what He refuses to do in general and why.
Thank you for your correction.
Thank you for being so gracious.

No, you’re changing the goal
posts. The standard is “what I say is what the Bible says.” That’s the test.
This is where the goalposts have always been.
Don't say I am shifting them without any proof of that.
Now you can challenge me on what I know for sure. But it will get worse because not only am I fairly acquainted with the Bible, I know and understand God Himself. I know what He does in general and why and what He refuses to do in general and why.
Glad to know you have special knowledge of how God thinks.
What qualifies you to know the mind of God better than anyone else on Earth?
Thank you for being so gracious.
Grace can only be extended so far.
Your welcome.

This is where the goalposts have always been.
Don't say I am shifting them without any proof of that.
I offered proof and correction. You decided I can’t say I know anything about the Bible which was not the statement.
Glad to know you have special knowledge of how God thinks.
Thanks.
What qualifies you to know the mind of God better than anyone else on Earth?
I never said better than anyone else. I didn’t compare myself with others.
Grace can only be extended so far.
Why?
Your welcome.
Nice

I offered proof and correction. You decided I can’t say I know anything about the Bible which was not the statement.
You got what I said wrong.
I did not say you can't say you know anything about the Bible.
Please read the post before concluding anything.
Your welcome... but I don't think you have special knowledge of what God thinks.
I never said better than anyone else. I didn’t compare myself with others.
No... but then again yes you did.
By saying you have special knowledge you are saying that others do not.
Therefore you are saying that you are better at understanding the mind of God than others.
Because I am human.

You got what I said wrong.
I did not say you can't say you know anything about the Bible.
Please read the post before concluding anything.

But here is what you said:
Thank you for permission to challenge you at every step.
If you say you know anything about the Bible I have your permission to challenge you.
You should read your own posts before deciding you did not say what you said.
So far it is not going well for you.
Your welcome... but I don't think you have special knowledge of what God thinks.
You will never know now, will you. You have already decided without testing or asking any questions.
No... but then again yes you did.
By saying you have special knowledge you are saying that others do not.
Not at all. I am educated in medical science. I have "special knowledge" those not so educated do not have. There is no logical connection between that statement and saying that I think that I have special knowledge others do not have. If a man says he has a special house, it does not follow that he thinks no one else has a special house.
Therefore you are saying that you are better at understanding the mind of God than others.
Depends upon the others.

But here is what you said:

You should read your own posts before deciding you did not say what you said.
So far it is not going well for you.
You notice the difference between the two don't you?
They are not the same statements.
You will never know now, will you. You have already decided without testing or asking any questions.
Please provide your proof that you know God better than other humans.
Please show us all your evidence of your superior knowledge of Gods thoughts.
Not at all. I am educated in medical science. I have "special knowledge" those not so educated do not have. There is no logical connection between that statement and saying that I think that I have special knowledge others do not have. If a man says he has a special house, it does not follow that he thinks no one else has a special house.
Actually... yes it does.
Depends upon the others.
Prove it.

You notice the difference between the two don't you?
I am not allowed to say that I know anything at all about the Bible. This is not if I quote the Bible. This is deeply personal. I am not allowed to say that I know anything at all about the Bible. That was not in the discussion.
They are not the same statements.
They are directed at me as I am the subject of the examination, not the scripture. You did not say if I quote the Bible but I dare to say I know anything at all about it. That was not what we said. But since you do not see this, it is best to move on.

To make it interesting, let us test it. I know a lot about the Bible. Now what?
Please provide your proof that you know God better than other humans.
I never said I know Him better than other humans.
Please show us all your evidence of your superior knowledge of Gods thoughts.
I never said I have superior knowledge of God's thoughts. You need to challenge what I actually said.
Actually... yes it does.
No, it does not. Everytime you go to the doctor, you are going to someone who has special knowledge. Does not mean no one else does.
Prove it.
Be specific.

I am not allowed to say that I know anything at all about the Bible. This is not if I quote the Bible. This is deeply personal. I am not allowed to say that I know anything at all about the Bible. That was not in the discussion.
I don't know where you are getting this, but it is not from what I said.
You may be misreading my post.
Too much emotional bias can twist the reading of texts to different conclusions.
They are directed at me as I am the subject of the examination, not the scripture. You did not say if I quote the Bible but I dare to say I know anything at all about it. That was not what we said. But since you do not see this, it is best to move on.
Also not what I said.
And yes... move on for your cause appears to be lost on this one.
To make it interesting, let us test it. I know a lot about the Bible. Now what?
Good for you.
I never said I know Him better than other humans.
Your statement "I know and understand God Himself. I know what He does in general and why and what He refuses to do in general and why." appears to be boastful if you do not provide proof.
Can you show me another example of a human saying that they "understand God Himself" or "why" God does what He does?

I never said I have superior knowledge of God's thoughts. You need to challenge what I actually said.
I just quoted you above... now that definitively looks like you are saying you have superior knowledge of God's thoughts.
You said you know why God does or does not do things.
Do you have any texts that indicate that other persons routinely know the mind of God in such a way?
No, it does not. Everytime you go to the doctor, you are going to someone who has special knowledge. Does not mean no one else does.
Yes it does. Does a GP know what a surgeon does. And I did not say that no one else has the knowledge.
You are not reading what I wrote closely enough.
Or you are jumping to conclusions.
Be specific.
Who else says "I know and understand God Himself. I know what He does in general and why and what He refuses to do in general and why."

I don't know where you are getting this, but it is not from what I said.
You may be misreading my post.
Too much emotional bias can twist the reading of texts to different conclusions.
I have no emotion in the matter at all. You refuse to admit what you said. I am curious to see how you responded to my claim that I know a lot about the Bible.
Also not what I said.
And yes... move on for your cause appears to be lost on this one.
No, pretty sure I beat you.
Good for you.

Your statement "I know and understand God Himself. I know what He does in general and why and what He refuses to do in general and why." appears to be boastful if you do not provide proof.
Ask me questions. And it is boastful. It’s a boast a man is allowed in scripture. It’s also true.
Can you show me another example of a human saying that they "understand God Himself" or "why" God does what He does?
It’s called knowing the ways of God and I learned a lot by listening to older people who knew the ways of God.
I just quoted you above... now that definitively looks like you are saying you have superior knowledge of God's thoughts.
Nope. Not at all. I know xyz well does not say anything at all about others.
You said you know why God does or does not do things.
True
Do you have any texts that indicate that other persons routinely know the mind of God in such a way?
Why is the knowledge of others a factor?
Yes it does. Does a GP know what a surgeon does. And I did not say that no one else has the knowledge.
You are not reading what I wrote closely enough.
Or you are jumping to conclusions.
I’m not saying I’m the only one who knows the ways of God same as above.
Who else says "I know and understand God Himself. I know what He does in general and why and what He refuses to do in general and why."
Loren, Joy, John, Dave….you want more names?

I have no emotion in the matter at all. You refuse to admit what you said. I am curious to see how you responded to my claim that I know a lot about the Bible.
I did not say what you think I said.
No, pretty sure I beat you.
When did this become about beating people? Not very Christlike.
Ask me questions. And it is boastful. It’s a boast a man is allowed in scripture. It’s also true.
How would i know.what to ask? You are the one with the superior knowledge.
It’s called knowing the ways of God and I learned a lot by listening to older people who knew the ways of God.

Nope. Not at all. I know xyz well does not say anything at all about others.

True

Why is the knowledge of others a factor?
You are claiming superior knowledge. So you have the burden of proving that you know what others don't.
You can't even follow the logic of this conversation... how do you follow God's logic?
I’m not saying I’m the only one who knows the ways of God same as above.
Nor am I.
Loren, Joy, John, Dave….you want more names?
Nice start to a nice little cult.
These people also possess the ability to know God's thoughts and will?
Too bad I can't ask them anything.

I did not say what you think I said.
That response is getting very old. And since you cannot clarify, it’s just a response you likely often employ.
When did this become about beating people? Not very Christlike.
I didn’t say what you think I said.
How would i know.what to ask? You are the one with the superior knowledge.
People who want to learn ask questions of those who know more than they do. That’s how I learned a lot.
You are claiming superior knowledge.
I said I know Him well. I didn’t refer to others.
So you have the burden of proving that you know what others don't.
I never said I know what others don’t.
You can't even follow the logic of this conversation... how do you follow God's logic?
Ah the Ad hominem. You keep accusing me of saying what I didn’t. There’s a gap between what I wrote and what you accuse me of writing.
Nor am I.

Nice start to a nice little cult.
These people also possess the ability to know God's thoughts and will?
Too bad I can't ask them anything.
If God tells them his thoughts and will, they know. Same as anyone.

That response is getting very old. And since you cannot clarify, it’s just a response you likely often employ.
Well if you tell me what.i said I will shoe you what I REALLY said.
I didn’t say what you think I said.
You did use the word beat. So yes it is what you said. Nowthis is sn actual example of gaslighting.
People who want to learn ask questions of those who know more than they do. That’s how I learned a lot.
Maybe you should continue to ask questions.
I said I know Him well. I didn’t refer to others.
OK.
I never said I know what others don’t.
Well seeing as you described what many say is not knowable... I would say you did by inference.
Ah the Ad hominem. You keep accusing me of saying what I didn’t. There’s a gap between what I wrote and what you accuse me of writing.
Mind the gap.
Or show the gap.
If God tells them his thoughts and will, they know. Same as anyone.
Good for them.

Well if you tell me what.i said I will shoe you what I REALLY said.
You seem to think I didn’t get it. It’s up to you to point out where, not just make the claim.
You did use the word beat. So yes it is what you said. Nowthis is sn actual example of gaslighting.
You cannot answer my points. call it what you will.
Maybe you should continue to ask questions.
Ditto
OK.

Well seeing as you described what many say is not knowable... I would say you did by inference.
Jesus said “this is eternal life, knowing You, the One True God.”
Who you going to believe, Jesus or those who admit they are ignorant of God?

You seem to think I didn’t get it. It’s up to you to point out where, not just make the claim.
No it isn't. If you have a problem with anything I have said... you can bring it to my attention ot let it go.... your choice.
I didn't see a point... would you like to make a point I would be interested in what it is.
I always do.
Well you did not provide a reference so maybe you are misquoting.

Both. Why not believe someone who has the humility to admit ignorance?
I wouldn't base my life on their advice... but there is no reason to disbelieve what a humble person says.

Ditto

:topic

No it isn't. If you have a problem with anything I have said... you can bring it to my attention ot let it go.... your choice.

I didn't see a point... would you like to make a point I would be interested in what it is.

I always do.

I wouldn't base my life on their advice... but there is no reason to disbelieve what a humble person says.
:topic

I always do.

Back to
topic!

Back