Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

Our Father also told Cain, "If thou doest well,shalt thou not be accepted?" Gen.4:7

Cain would have been accepted just like hus brother, so Abel wasn't accepted for no earthly reason. I'm commenting on the scripture you've posted.

God was speaking to unbelieving Jews when he said, "they should not enter into my rest. Psa.95:11

Are you willing to look at the scripture I posted?
First, I'd like you to receive what God said concerning the person of Abel and Cain, that God had respect towards the PERSON of each respectively.
Once you receive then I will know you accept the truth of Scripture as written.
And let's not forget God had respect towards Abraham and not to anyone else in establishing His Covenant with a man called a Friend of God.
Millions of people outside of the Covenants of God perished OUTSIDE God's Covenant.
God has respect to one person or persons and has no respect towards one person or persons.
Do you agree?

First, I'd like you to receive what God said concerning the person of Abel and Cain, that God had respect towards the PERSON of each respectively.
No he did not say that, because as I pointed out, our Father told Cain if he did well...as Abel did...he would also be accepted

Listen. We both know Abels offering symbolizes our Lords' sacrifice. And still Abels' offering would only be accepted if offered with a right heart.

Once you receive then I will know you accept the truth of Scripture as written.
And let's not forget God had respect towards Abraham and not to anyone else in establishing His Covenant with a man called a Friend of God.
Millions of people outside of the Covenants of God perished OUTSIDE God's Covenant.
God has respect to one person or persons and has no respect towards one person or persons.
Do you agree?
I agree with this,

to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. Isa.66:2

Jesus said,

if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hathought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way;first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Mt.5:23-24

People don't normally commit murder unless their hate festered for some time. It could be that Cain hated his brother before he offered his gift,

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hearme: Psa.66:18

A Jew said that.

No he did not say that, because as I pointed out, our Father told Cain if he did well...as Abel did...he would also be accepted

Listen. We both know Abels offering symbolizes our Lords' sacrifice. And still Abels' offering would only be accepted if offered with a right heart.

I agree with this,

to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. Isa.66:2

Jesus said,

if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hathought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way;first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Mt.5:23-24

People don't normally commit murder unless their hate festered for some time. It could be that Cain hated his brother before he offered his gift,

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hearme: Psa.66:18

A Jew said that.
Let's look at the Scripture one more time. Here it says God is a respecter of PERSONS:

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel [the person] and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain [the person] and to his offering he had not respect. Gen. 4:4–5.

True Christians accept the Scripture as written. They do not attempt to make the Scripture bend to their pet theories and personal beliefs.
And I have no patience for people that profess Christ as Lord but reject His Word. That shows me a severe disconnect to all things of faith and reason. Even to the point their profession is false.

Now, you read here that God had respect to Abel the person AND his offering but had no respect to Cain the person AND his offering. Do you let the Word of God inform your beliefs or do you attempt to tell the Word of God what to say?

Let's look at the Scripture one more time. Here it says God is a respecter of PERSONS:

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel [the person] and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain [the person] and to his offering he had not respect. Gen. 4:4–5.

True Christians accept the Scripture as written. They do not attempt to make the Scripture bend to their pet theories and personal beliefs.
And I have no patience for people that profess Christ as Lord but reject His Word. That shows me a severe disconnect to all things of faith and reason. Even to the point their profession is false.

Now, you read here that God had respect to Abel the person AND his offering but had no respect to Cain the person AND his offering. Do you let the Word of God inform your beliefs or do you attempt to tell the Word of God what to say?
I let his word inform me. God doesn't say he respected Abel period. It doesn't say God didn't respect Cain period. God said,

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?

Cain would have been accepted...just like Abel was.

I let his word inform me. God doesn't say he respected Abel period. It doesn't say God didn't respect Cain period. God said,

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?

Cain would have been accepted...just like Abel was.
It just astounds me that you can't read what the Scripture says.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel [the person] and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain [the person] and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth. Gen. 4:4–5.

I can see you don't have respect for the truth of the Word of God.
Good luck.

Truth doesn't edit sentences.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous,
Heb.11:4

No one is accepted, respected, etc, by God without faith in Christ..
Uh huh.
You ignore the Scripture in Genesis 4.
I’m done here.

Truth doesn't edit sentences.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous,
Heb.11:4

No one is accepted, respected, etc, by God without faith in Christ..
Uh huh.
You ignore the Scripture in Genesis 4.
I’m done here.

Ok. Then Abel was be accepted for no reason, but Cain would be accepted for a reason.
Scripture says God had respect towards Abel the person and no respect for Cain the person. You said God is not a respecter of persons. Scripture says otherwise. Do you see it first and second do you receive that God is a respecter of PERSONS?

You said God is not a respecter of persons.
For no reason. God is not a respecter of persons without reason.

God respected Abel because (reason)

Teaching that God had respect for Abel without Abel being humble is unscriptural.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other. Lk.18:14

For no reason. God is not a respecter of persons without reason.

God respected Abel because (reason)

Teaching that God had respect for Abel without Abel being humble is unscriptural.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other. Lk.18:14
By adding "without reason" you are adding to the Bible.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev. 22:18–19.

Like the parable of the priest and sinner you are trying to justify yourself.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev. 22:18–19.

Actually, it's people who think Abel was accepted without being in Christ that add to what the Bible says.

The above verses only apply to Revelation and not the entire Bible.
the book of this prophecy
written in this book
Please don't apply a local restriction to the entire work.

The above verses only apply to Revelation and not the entire Bible.

Please don't apply a local restriction to the entire work.
Hello Paul Timothy.
I believe those verses apply to the whole Bible,

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deu.4:2

Hello Paul Timothy.
I believe those verses apply to the whole Bible,

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deu.4:2
Well if you think they apply to the whole thing... prove it.
I proved that they do not apply.
The text (Rev 22:18-19) says it applies to "this prophecy" so not to other prophecies or teachings nor histories.
"this book" and remember that the Bible is a collection of books and not a single book.
Your reference says not to add or diminish... but how come the New Testament is allowed?
According to your argument... neither the OT prophets nor any of the NT should be included.
So show why we should allow the NT or anything other than the Pentateuch to be in the Bible.
By using a Deuteronomy reference you are exuding most of the OT and all of the NT.

Or is the Deuteronomy reference regarding the Law only and that is why Jesus was so upset with the Pharisees.
The rules of the 1st century were adding and diminishing the Law.
And they had a rule saying not to do the very thing that they were guilty of.

Don't be a Pharisee.

Well if you think they apply to the whole thing... prove it.
I proved that they do not apply.
The text (Rev 22:18-19) says it applies to "this prophecy" so not to other prophecies or teachings nor histories.
"this book" and remember that the Bible is a collection of books and not a single book.
The Revelation of Jesus Christ is constant throughout scripture. The entire Bible testifies of him.
Your reference says not to add or diminish... but how come the New Testament is allowed?
The NT says the same things as the OT. If we think it doesn't we're reading it the wrong way.
According to your argument... neither the OT prophets nor any of the NT should be included.
So show why we should allow the NT or anything other than the Pentateuch to be in the Bible.
By using a Deuteronomy reference you are exuding most of the OT and all of the NT.

Or is the Deuteronomy reference regarding the Law only and that is why Jesus was so upset with the Pharisees.
The rules of the 1st century were adding and diminishing the Law.
And they had a rule saying not to do the very thing that they were guilty of.

Don't be a Pharisee.
I have no idea where you're coming from. His word never changes.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ is constant throughout scripture. The entire Bible testifies of him.

The NT says the same things as the OT. If we think it doesn', we're reading it the wrong way.

I have no idea where you're coming from. His word never changes.
Warnings against changing the text are only found in regards to the Law and the Revelation.
You are being loosy goosy with your qualifications for scripture.
If the message is consistent then why worry about the warnings?
I never said His Word changes. I say that the warnings not to tamper with Revelation only applies to Revelation.
The OT and NT do NOT say the same things.
If they did there would be no need for at least one of them. Which one do you wish to do away with?
Please use proper understanding with the text or you might find yourself on the wrong end of one of these warnings.

Back