Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"The Word of Faith"

Mat 11:11

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
What we have in Christ is much greater than what JTB had!:chin

What 'Spirit' do we have that is greater than the Holy Spirit in John the Baptist? Are you saying the Holy Spirit that John the Baptist received was somehow inferior and not capable of miracles? Explain.

What 'Spirit' do we have that is greater than the Holy Spirit in John the Baptist? Are you saying the Holy Spirit that John the Baptist received was somehow inferior and not capable of miracles? Explain.
First i did not say that Jesus did!

Rom 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you
2Co 3:17

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2Co 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

It seems clear to me that after the Lord was raised and paid the price for sin and death! We now by the Holy Spirit can be conformed to His Image!

Also ,we are seated in the heavens "With Christ" and have complete access to the very Throne of God!

JTB had none of these great promises!:clap

maybe he lacked faith?

Where does the Bible state Paul lacked the faith to heal Trophimus? I'll need a Biblical verse from you.

1 Cor 12:7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and He gives them to each one, just as He determines.

The scriptures could not be more clear on this subject.

First i did not say that Jesus did!...

You didn't answer the question at all. Miracles have been performed by some - not all - of the faithful throughout the Old and New Testaments. Miracles are not just for the New Testament Christian. So...

Do you believe John the Baptist received a 'different' Holy Spirit than the Holy Spirit every other Christian receives? Yes or no.

Do you believe John the Baptist was left out of the promises of God? If so, where does the Bible state this?

Where does the Bible state Paul lacked the faith to heal Trophimus? I'll need a Biblical verse from you.

1 Cor 12:7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and He gives them to each one, just as He determines.

The scriptures could not be more clear on this subject.
i said maybe? and the whole point of this discussion was that a "believer" should have the "power" of God! a" believer " should believe all the Word of God! not just that which they can debate on a forum. If ones doctrine does not produce the fruit promised in the Word? Your doctrine is flawed ! Not Gods promise!
Rev 3:15

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

You didn't answer the question at all. Miracles have been performed by some - not all - of the faithful throughout the Old and New Testaments. Miracles are not just for the New Testament Christian. So...

Do you believe John the Baptist received a 'different' Holy Spirit than the Holy Spirit every other Christian receives? Yes or no.

Do you believe John the Baptist was left out of the promises of God? If so, where does the Bible state this?
I did answer the question! and i explained the difference!

Isa 6:9

And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10

Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. :chin

i said maybe? and the whole point of this discussion was that a "believer" should have the "power" of God! a" believer " should believe all the Word of God!

Define "power". What is "power" to you? What specific powers/signs/miracles do ALL Christians have to perform to prove/show they are true believers - in your personal view?

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

It seems clear to me that after the Lord was raised and paid the price for sin and death! We now by the Holy Spirit can be conformed to His Image!

Also ,we are seated in the heavens "With Christ" and have complete access to the very Throne of God!

Hmm JTB is not seated inthe heavens with Christ? how do you know that?

I did answer the question! and i explained the difference!

You are throwing out random Bible verses and claiming they are 'answers'. They are not, and they do not address what I am asking you.

The questions I asked you have 'yes' or 'no' answers. Either way they must be supported - by you - with specific scripture that explains whether or not John the Baptist received the same Holy Spirit that every Christian receives, and whether or not John the Baptist was left out of the promises of God.

If you cannot answer through clear and concise Biblical proof, then your claims are simply your opinion and not the Biblical truth.

Jas 5:14

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jas 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up;:clap

sorry i didnt make the rules!:sad

I guess the minister you spoke of, Mr. Lake, didn't have faith his wife died and so did he.

If i remember Hagen sr (sp) had 4 heart attacks

Define "power". What is "power" to you? What specific powers/signs/miracles do ALL Christians have to perform to prove/show they are true believers - in your personal view?
Well i dont believe my" personal view" is of much value! i believe the word of God descibes that power! how about we start in the Gospels? with the Lords own Words!

Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Joh 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Joh 14:14

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it

Mat 17:20

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mat 21:21

Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Mat 21:22

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Luk 17:6

And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you
Jas 1:6

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

The book is about faith! if yours is not working? :biglol

Any sick people in your town? If there are apparently it is only because you haven't prayed for them....

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Hmm JTB is not seated inthe heavens with Christ? how do you know that?
Dont twist my words! i have not and will not twist yours!

You do understand that JTB died before Christ was raised and sat upon His Seat of Power over all things! Now JBT is surly with Him! but he did not walk in the power of a risen Christ!

Any sick people in your town? If there are apparently it is only because you haven't prayed for them....

again! i find you make up my words for me? and i promise when i pray "i pray believing" and there is a biblical result! how about you?

This is what you said...

I twisted nothing.

This is what you said...

I twisted nothing.
we have that now! what do you think these scriptures mean?

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Eph 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23

Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Eph 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

2Co 4:18

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. :chin

Are there sick people in your town? Have you prayed for them?
i have answered many of your questions! do you have any power other than to bother us WOF people? "who turn your stomach":)

and if you dont want to believe the word? dont get mad at me for believing!

1Co 11:30

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1Co 11:31

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32

But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

i am done for the day! and some who reject the truth can never be healed!

i have answered many of your questions! do you have any power other than to bother us WOF people? "who turn your stomach":)

and if you dont want to believe the word? dont get mad at me for believing!

I see no one here getting mad or upset - not sure where you're getting that from. You are still throwing out random passages that do not address the questions asked and you are avoiding even the most basic 'yes' or 'no' questions, to boot. Those are the facts of this discussion so far.

So... signing off for the evening, will check back in at another time.

Back