Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"The Word of Faith"

mitspa. washington state has a ton of demonic activities. especially near spokane and also near mt.rainer. i was into the occult when i was stationed there and i gained powers there. seeing auras even better was one of them. that is why i want to know in part.

btw the puritans in america are reported to have casted out demons. the salem witch trials isnt the whole story.
God go with you Jason!

Eph 4:11

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12

For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1Jn 4:2

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jn 4:4

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. :clap
1Jn 4:5

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. :chin
1Jn 4:6

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. :chin
thought the this might help? The "us" in 4:6 is the "Word" given by the Apostles!:yes
you prooftext well but that doesnt answer the issue. where are these true wofers of today?

hmm lets see kp yohanlon

http://www.gfa.org/kpyohannan/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._P._Yohannan

http://www.gfa.org/winasia/

the holy spirit has verified this man.

Mitspa,
I have no problem trusting the Word... Can/does God heal folks today as it was back 2000 years ago sure...
If i could write well i would tell the full complete story of Grandma seeing heaven and Grandpa praying her back to life....
Most of these WoF guys have Assemblies of God church backgrounds so do i. I was at an AA Allen meeting in about 1956.. The demon in the jar was nothing more than the same ol bull frog we gigged. The ladies with the crosses on/in their foreheads a simple stratch and the other a scar sorta like the one my brother got falling out of a swing.... The money buckets flowed around that tent....

God's Word is sound, just, righteous, full of hope and promise.... what mankind has done/does to it is a shame and often a sham....

@ reba since you are mod and im not. remember in the mod forums if it hasnt changed. there was handle by gabe. i suggest you look him up. he often pointed to winasia.org and had that as his siggy.

gabe was a former muslim in the uk and was raised a muslim. he often used stuff from win asia on islam, and hindus.

you prooftext well but that doesnt answer the issue. where are these true wofers of today?

hmm lets see kp yohanlon

http://www.gfa.org/kpyohannan/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._P._Yohannan

http://www.gfa.org/winasia/

the holy spirit has verified this man.
Jason? i am not interested in changing "your" doctrine! i am here to declare the truth!

Joh 8:42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 17:14

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16

They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:17

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.:thumbsup

what is the point of debating? that is why we are here. yes some do discuss but you are here and its ok to be honest.to proclaim your view is biblically sound that is an attempt to change all others.

if i say christ is who he says he is and the athiest say nay.i must be interested in changing him because truth demands that it be acknowledged as fact. i make a claim and must back it up. you claimed to me that wof is the truth. now back it up.

I dont claim anything as being from me! but by the power of His Grace!

Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

many scriptures provide that a "true believer" in Christ works miracles!:clap

Some, but not all, 1Cor 12:29" Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?" NO.

2Tim 4:20 "Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick. "

Why ? Mitzpa

As reba pointed out, we can and we SHOULD test the spirits and compare everything to scripture... always.

Acts 17:10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

A couple of important things to note:
1. The Bereans questioned and tested Paul - so they were not afraid to test even an apostle.
2. Paul didn't respond 'How dare you not take my word for it' or 'Where's your faith?'.
3. Instead, Paul called them NOBLE for testing the message he brought and comparing it to scripture. They were being discerning, which is something every Christian is called to be.

Jasoncran, you are totally correct in wanting reliable, solid proof of the claims made by Mitspa or anyone else here.

As reba pointed out, we can and we SHOULD test the spirits and compare everything to scripture... always.

Acts 17:10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

A couple of important things to note:
1. The Bereans questioned and tested Paul - so they were not afraid to test even an apostle.
2. Paul didn't respond 'How dare you not take my word for it' or 'Where's your faith?'.
3. Instead, Paul called them NOBLE for testing the message he brought and comparing them to scripture. They were being discerning, which is something every Christian is called to be.

Jasoncran, you are totally correct in wanting reliable, solid proof of the claims made by Mitspa or anyone else here.
for the record i was raised in the pentacostal traditions. i used to just take these guys words because being young in christ the make it sound so easy. yet time and time of defeat. makes me wonder. god in his timing has shown me that trials teach thing and sometimes the greater thing is our growth. the cross does include physical suffering.

Some, but not all, 1Cor 12:29" Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?" NO.

2Tim 4:20 "Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick. "

Why ? Mitzpa

maybe he lacked faith? Look all you guys who are upest because i believe that the Word of God "clearly" states a "believer" will have the power of God!
Now! you can believe the Word or not? Dont get upset with me because i do!:sad
If you dont have something God says you can have? maybe something is wrong with you? Not God or His Word!:chin

Jud 1:16

These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jud 1:17

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jud 1:18

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Jud 1:20

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

i had rather die believing every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, than to live in this world without trusting completly in His every promise!

Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Heb 11:11

Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Heb 11:12

Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
Heb 11:13

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
its not my issue to worry about what happens when i believe!
i believe every promise! we shall see who God Honors?:yes

ok. he lacked faith. and then said god showed him mercy? surely if paul had it right then why not ask the church wofers to heal timothy?

it should have been that easy? paul raised the dead himself. surely he passed that on.

ok. he lacked faith. and then said god showed him mercy? surely if paul had it right then why not ask the church wofers to heal timothy?

it should have been that easy? paul raised the dead himself. surely he passed that on.

Jas 4:1

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2

Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Jas 4:3

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.:chin

John the Baptist was born with the Holy Spirit:

Lk 1:15 “For he [John the Baptist] will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine or liquor; and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, while yet in his mother’s womb.

But he never performed a miraculous sign:

John 10:42 “Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man [Jesus] was true.”

So... was John the baptist not a true believer then?

Jas 4:1

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2

Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Jas 4:3

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.:chin
you guys are a trip.timothy nearly dies and yet timothy was a PASTOR.

he had a church. so his church didnt believe in prayer for the pastor? yours is an argument from silence and yet you missed this

james 5 says if there is any sick among you let him come before the elders and pray the prayer of faith and he shall be healed.

so timothy's church didnt know that? i have and my whole church laid hands on our pastor so that he may be healed.

so someone of FAITH could have healed timothy yet it didnt. yours sir is an argument of silence and that is a fallacy.

John the Baptist was born with the Holy Spirit:

Lk 1:15 “For he [John the Baptist] will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine or liquor; and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, while yet in his mother’s womb.

But he never performed a miraculous sign:

John 10:42 “Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man [Jesus] was true.â€

So... was John the baptist not a true believer then?
Mat 11:11

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
What we have in Christ is much greater than what JTB had!:chin

you guys are a trip.timothy nearly dies and yet timothy was a PASTOR.

he had a church. so his church didnt believe in prayer for the pastor? yours is an argument from silence and yet you missed this

james 5 says if there is any sick among you let him come before the elders and pray the prayer of faith and he shall be healed.

so timothy's church didnt know that? i have and my whole church laid hands on our pastor so that he may be healed.

so someone of FAITH could have healed timothy yet it didnt. yours sir is an argument of silence and that is a fallacy.
Jas 5:14

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jas 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up;:clap

sorry i didnt make the rules!:sad

"maybe he lacked faith? Look all you guys who are upest because i believe that the Word of God "clearly" states a "believer" will have the power of God! "

Who is upset ? I ask you a question, you respond by copy and pasting 9 verses of scripture that are not relevant to the answer, I do not deny that God gives believers "gifts of the Spirit" (1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.) But I do deny that man becomes God, which is what the Word of Faith "movement" teaches, do you deny that ? or shall I supply quotes from some of the big names in the "movement".

so why do you claim paul had a lack of faith and that paul showed him only mercy? surely timothy's church prayed for him. did the entire church have a lack of faith?if so then why wasnt it mentioned in the epistles if your healing promises doctrine is correct and christians are never sick and if they are its cause of sin or lack of faith.

so why do you claim paul had a lack of faith and that paul showed him only mercy? surely timothy's church prayed for him. did the entire church have a lack of faith?if so then why wasnt it mentioned in the epistles if your healing promises doctrine is correct and christians are never sick and if they are its cause of sin or lack of faith.

2Pe 3:3

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
dont put words in my mouth! you are being very dishonest! and i am through casting the good word before you!

Back