Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, 70% of the respondents say that a three-person God is not identified in the Bible! That is beyond amazing!

So far, 70% of the respondents say that a three-person God is not identified in the Bible! That is beyond amazing!
That includes my answer, which was given long ago, and I must have accidentally made the wrong selection. Too bad I can't correct it.

Edited to add: I changed the settings to allow a person to change their vote. Mine is now correct.

There are three persons mentioned, are there not? They are to baptize into the singular "name". I'm curious, if the Son and the Holy Spirit are not God, then why mention them at all? Why not baptize into the name of the Father only?
In Acts everyone is baptized in the name of Jesus. Why would they do that if he isn’t God?

Do we pray TO the Holy Spirit or TO Jesus Christ or do we pray TO God? I am nothing without the teachings of Christ and I submit this question to you: How did our Savior tell us that we should pray?
Stephen prayed to Jesus.
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 7:59 - And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, LORD JESUS , receive my spirit.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21
This view is not supported by Scripture. Please review these statements by the Father from Isaiah which demonstrate the Father claiming to be the ONLY Holy ONE of Israel and the ONLY Savior, Redeemer and Lord. Jesus IS all those things, but they are NOT separate, different, persons or we would not have all of these verses.

Also, this first verse shows Isaiah Prophesying who Jesus would be when He was born about 850 years after this Prophecy.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His Name shall be ... The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

Only God the Father can be called Father or Mighty God, yet that is who was born - that is who incarnated into the flesh body that was named Jesus Christ.

The Father is equal to no one.
"To whom .. will ye liken Me, or (to whom) shall I be equal? Saith the Holy ONE."
Isaiah 40:25
"... I will help thee, saith The Lord ... thy Redeemer, the Holy ONE of Israel."
Isaiah 41:14
"... the Lord, ... the Holy ONE of Israel."
Isaiah 41:16
The Father is the ONLY Creator.
"... the Lord hath done this, ... the Holy ONE of Israel hath created it."
Isaiah 41:20
There is only ONE King - and He's the same king in the OT as He is in Revelation when He is called the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
"Produce your cause, saith The Lord; ... saith the King of Jacob."
Isaiah 41:21
"Thus saith God The Lord, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, ..."
Isaiah 42:5
God shares His glory with no one else, no other person.
"I am The Lord: that is My Name: and My glory will I not give to another, ..."
Isaiah 42:8
Unlike the lies we are told today about God's Law, the 10 Commandments, the Father considers it honourable, not a curse or a shame.
"The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake; He will magnify the Law, and make it honourable."
Isaiah 42:21
"I am The Lord thy God, the Holy ONE of Israel, thy Savior: ..."
Isaiah 43:3
"I, even I, am The Lord; and beside Me there is no Savior."
Isaiah 43:11
"Thus saith The Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy ONE of Israel."
Isaiah 43:14
"I am The Lord, your Holy ONE, The Creator of Israel, your King."
Isaiah 43:15
"Thus saith The Lord, thy Redeemer, and He that formed thee in the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; ..."
Isaiah 44:24
Who is the Lord of Hosts? The Father is!!
"I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."
Isaiah 45:12
"... O God of Israel, the Savior."
Isaiah 45:15
"... thus saith The Lord that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else."
Isaiah 45:18
"... have not I The Lord (told thee)? and there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none (no one) beside Me."
Isaiah 45:21
"To whom will ye liken Me and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like?"
Isaiah 46:5
"As for our Redeemer, The Lord of Hosts is His Name, the Holy ONE of Israel."
Isaiah 46:4
"I will not give My glory unto another."
Isaiah 48:11

No, there is actually another possibility and that is that Jesus IS God. They are one person.
If God was one person He could never be without His Glory. or He would no longer be God.
Only by means of the separation , God made flesh in the Son, could He divest Himself of His Glory to accomplish our salvation while the Father still retained the Glory.
Thanks be to God.
My deepest need has been fully satisfied by this Divine equation.
Your zeal to disprove it makes me very curious to know, what threat to your peace, joy & assurance of salvation does the trinity concept represent for you ?
Thanks for the discussion .

No, he is the Son
The triune God is comprised of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God.

It is not an easy concept to understand but it is the truth.

This view is not supported by Scripture. Please review these statements by the Father from Isaiah which demonstrate the Father claiming to be the ONLY Holy ONE of Israel and the ONLY Savior, Redeemer and Lord. Jesus IS all those things, but they are NOT separate, different, persons or we would not have all of these verses.

Also, this first verse shows Isaiah Prophesying who Jesus would be when He was born about 850 years after this Prophecy.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ... and His Name shall be ... The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Only God the Father can be called Father or Mighty God, yet that is who was born - that is who incarnated into the flesh body that was named Jesus Christ.

"To whom .. will ye liken Me, or (to whom) shall I be equal? Saith the Holy ONE."
"... I will help thee, saith The Lord ... thy Redeemer, the Holy ONE of Israel."
There is only ONE King - and He's the same king in the OT as He is in Revelation when He is called the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
"Thus saith God The Lord, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, ..."
Unlike the lies we are told today about God's Law, the 10 Commandments, the Father considers it honourable, not a curse or a shame.
"The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake; He will magnify the Law, and make it honourable."
"Thus saith The Lord, thy Redeemer, and He that formed thee in the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; ..."
"I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."
"... thus saith The Lord that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else."
"... have not I The Lord (told thee)? and there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none (no one) beside Me."
"To whom will ye liken Me and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like?"
I can clearly see you do not want to discuss with anyone, but would rather refute all the scriptures given so I will move on and you have a good evening.

In all of these verses, you're begging the question by equating YHWH and God with only the Father, so as to make it seem like God is an absolute unity.

Last edited:
That includes my answer, which was given long ago, and I must have accidentally made the wrong selection. Too bad I can't correct it.

Edited to add: I changed the settings to allow a person to change their vote. Mine is now correct.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Hebrews 1:8-10

Jesus Created all things.

The Spirit of Christ spoke out of the mouth of the prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

The same LORD, the Son of God, who Hebrews says laid the foundation of the earth and stretched out the heavens spoke through Zechariah the prophet declaring the same thing as Hebrews 1:10.

Every time we see an Old Testament prophet saying “thus says the Lord” it was Jesus Christ, the Spirit of Christ speaking.

• Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

again, the Spirit of Christ speaking through Isaiah —

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
“For your sake I will send to Babylon,
And bring them all down as fugitives—
The Chaldeans, who rejoice in their ships.
I am the LORD, your Holy One,
The Creator of Israel, your King.”

Isaiah 43:14-15

JLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back