Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Thank you for the conversation. The Bible is a much better resource than any man-made diagram, and I want out.
The diagram shows exactly what the Bible says, in a quick summary.

The diagram shows exactly what the Bible says, in a quick summary.
Negatively.

The Father is NOT...
The Son is NOT...
The Holy Spirit is NOT...
The deceiver from the beginning of eternity would say that.

My God IS the greatest. He IS my heavenly Father, He IS my Saviour, He IS my Comforter, and He IS my coming King.

ALL things are possible with the omnipresent God. He is my all-in-all. The word NOT is an insult to the Almighty God.

Last edited:
Negatively.

The Father is NOT...
The Son is NOT...
The Holy Spirit is NOT...
“The Father is NOT…” what?
“The Son is NOT…” what?
“The Holy Spirit is NOT…” what?

The deceiver from the beginning of eternity would say that.
Would say what?

My God IS the greatest. He IS my heavenly Father, He IS my Saviour, He IS my Comforter, and He IS my coming King.
Of course. The Trinity is all that the Bible says God is.

ALL things are possible with the omnipresent God. He is my all-in-all.
I fully agree.

The word NOT is an insult to the Almighty God.
How so?

“The Father is NOT…” what?
“The Son is NOT…” what?
“The Holy Spirit is NOT…” what?

Would say what?

Of course. The Trinity is all that the Bible says God is.

I fully agree.

How so?
Instead of denying the presence of God in heaven, on earth, and in our hearts, why don't you rejoice and be glad in the Lord for all his goodness toward us?

Instead of denying the presence of God in heaven, on earth, and in our hearts,
I have done no such thing. That is an absolutely false accusation and misrepresentation of my position.

why don't you rejoice and be glad in the Lord for all his goodness toward us?
I do.

If you would those few questions I asked, then maybe there can be more understanding and the discussion can move forward.

I have done no such thing. That is an absolutely false accusation and misrepresentation of my position.

I do.

If you would those few questions I asked, then maybe there can be more understanding and the discussion can move forward.
You know what the 'nots' are. According to you, God is not this and not the other. It is disgraceful.

You know what the 'nots' are.
Yes, I know what the "nots" are but I don't think you do, which is why I asked.

According to you, God is not this and not the other.
No, that is not at all what I have said.

It is disgraceful.
It would be if that was what I had done, but it isn't. What is disgraceful is twisting what people say to make it seem like they said something they didn't.

ALL the fullness of the Godhead in JESUS.

Colossians 2:3,9,10 KJV
[3] In whom (Christ), are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
[9] For in him (Christ), dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
[10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

All those who hold rigidly to the teaching of men. Turn to the Word of God.

Last edited:

[10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
I fully agree with this, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm not sure what your point is here either.

You turn to John's writings. John 1:18 The only begotten Son who came from the Fathers presence as such an eyewitness. Now the Father is unbegotten so He's not only that begotten Son. You seem to ignore that which doesn't fit your belief. Instead dealing with the testimony. After you stated 50 times what you believe we got it.
From the will of another Col 1:19. - The only begotten God or only begotten like to like Son. From the Father alone. As stated in the creeds. The beginning of the creation of God (Father) When Jesus uses the word God He is referring to His God and His Father rev 3:14

The Father, unbegotten, is that Deity. They are one as Jesus testified, He in us and the Father in Him.

I fully agree with this, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm not sure what your point is here either.
We read about the spiritually blind in the Bible, so I shall leave it there. Before I do, let me suggest that as all the fullness of the Godhead is in Jesus, it should be His name at the centre, bless His Holy name.

May the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, bless you and keep you and his face shine upon you. Amen.

Last edited:
You turn to John's writings. John 1:18 The only begotten Son who came from the Fathers presence as such an eyewitness. Now the Father is unbegotten so He's not only that begotten Son. You seem to ignore that which doesn't fit your belief. Instead dealing with the testimony. After you stated 50 times what you believe we got it.
From the will of another Col 1:19. - The only begotten God or only begotten like to like Son. From the Father alone. As stated in the creeds. The beginning of the creation of God (Father) When Jesus uses the word God He is referring to His God and His Father rev 3:14

The Father, unbegotten, is that Deity. They are one as Jesus testified, He in us and the Father in Him.
Jesus. Man on earth, eternal God in heaven.

We read about the spiritually blind in the Bible, so I shall leave it there.
And what is that supposed to mean? Be very, very careful if you’re implying that those who disagree with you are spiritually blind. That would be spiritual pride and it could very well be you that is spiritually blind.

Why won’t you answer my simple questions?

Before I do, let me suggest that as all the fullness of the Godhead is in Jesus, it should be His name at the centre, bless His Holy name.
That confirms then that you are Unitarian and not Trinitarian. I have known that all along, but just so that you are aware.

May the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, bless you and keep you and his face shine upon you. Amen.
And you.

Why won’t you answer my simple questions?

That confirms then that you are Unitarian and not Trinitarian. I have known that all along, but just so that you are aware.

And you.
Your questions have been answered, but you reject the answers.

There is only one God, and that should never be forgotten.

Trinitarians, tri meaning three, appear to believe in three gods, instead of ONE omnipresent God in heaven, on earth and in our hearts. This belief of trinitarianism is confirmed by the three-cornered diagram, which clearly states each person is not the other, thereby creating for itself three gods, which is polytheism.

The forum is set up to accommodate all belief systems and could easily incorporate sections for both camps, although, it would be better, if instead of dividing the family of God into two, for there to be a meeting of minds and hearts.

Your questions have been answered, but you reject the answers.
Of course I reject the answers because the only answers you gave me were based on completely twisting the wording.

There is only one God, and that should never be forgotten.
As I have repeated ad nauseam (due to necessity), the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms there is only one God. This isn't even an issue.

Trinitarians, tri meaning three, appear to believe in three gods, instead of ONE omnipresent God in heaven, on earth and in our hearts. This belief of trinitarianism is confirmed by the three-cornered diagram, which clearly states each person is not the other, thereby creating for itself three gods, which is polytheism.
Again, it is not polytheism. Go and do some learning about the doctrine, please.

The forum is set up to accommodate all belief systems and could easily incorporate sections for both camps, although, it would be better, if instead of dividing the family of God into two, for there to be a meeting of minds and hearts.
Then just accept the truth of the Trinity and all will be fine.

This contradicts what the Bible shows. The Word is the Son only:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth..
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known. (ESV)

It is logically impossible that he was with the Father if he was the Father. That makes no sense whatsoever. You have continually ignored the whole phrase, "the Word was with God." Indeed, one must do so in order to conclude that the Word was the Father.

The God of Unitarianism is deficient and not based on a complete understanding of what God reveals of himself in Scripture.

Of course I reject the answers because the only answers you gave me were based on completely twisting the wording.

As I have repeated ad nauseam (due to necessity), the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms there is only one God. This isn't even an issue.

Again, it is not polytheism. Go and do some learning about the doctrine, please.

Then just accept the truth of the Trinity and all will be fine.

This contradicts what the Bible shows. The Word is the Son only:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth..
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known. (ESV)

It is logically impossible that he was with the Father if he was the Father. That makes no sense whatsoever. You have continually ignored the whole phrase, "the Word was with God." Indeed, one must do so in order to conclude that the Word was the Father.

The God of Unitarianism is deficient and not based on a complete understanding of what God reveals of himself in Scripture.
I thought it might get a denial. I am increasingly beginning to think you may be a JW or something similar. Would that be right Free?

I thought it might get a denial.
And I thought you would avoid addressing the points I made.

I am increasingly beginning to think you may be a JW or something similar. Would that be right Free?
You cannot be serious. How many JWs do you know that believe in the Trinity? How many do you know that believe Jesus is God in human flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back