Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted scripture. If you deny what the scripture says that these three are one, then that is on you.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

Do you agree that these three; the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit are one?
That verse is accepted as having been added to the Bible by most scholars, but I know none of the proponents here will accept that so, again, I say what you are claiming it teaches, that God is three people, must be supported by other Scripture.

If that is all you've got, you have nothing.

The three words, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, describe the same person. And the Bible has been filled with that Truth from cover to cover.

Every time Romans 8:9-11 is presented in this debate, it is 100% ignored. Yet it makes plain that Christ is the Holy Spirit. The trinity doctrine cannot allow for that FACT.

one is three, is the doctrine of Modalism.
You are confused about many things it seems.

mod·al·ism
/ˈmōdlˌiz(ə)m/

noun

THEOLOGY
the doctrine that the persons of the Trinity represent only three modes or aspects of the divine revelation, not distinct and coexisting persons in the divine nature.

You present a very simplistic concept of the doctrine of Modalism. The concept specifically focuses on the idea that God is one in three modes, not three persons. But they do not believe that God can be all of those modes at the same time; that He can only show up as one mode at a time.

That contradicts Oneness doctrine that believes that God is one person who is infinite and unlimited in His knowledge and capabilities - which 100% represents the Biblical teaching of God's nature.

The three words, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, describe the same person.

Actually the scripture says these three are one.

So the three different individuals are one in unity.

Is a husband and wife and son one family or three families?

JLB

THEOLOGY
the doctrine that the persons of the Trinity represent only three modes or aspects of the divine revelation, not distinct and coexisting persons in the divine nature.

Yes, Modalism.

One person that operates in three different modes.

Which is this one is three.

Which is not what scripture teaches.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

JLB

If you know as much as you present yourself as knowing about Scripture and you've never heard of the Johannine Comma controversy, you are woefully uninformed.

I don’t use commentary to undermine the validity of scripture.

That may be why you are confused.

JLB

The Man Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.

The Son of God was begotten of the Father, before the foundation of the world.

The Word (the Son), God was made flesh, not the Father.

JLB
(1) The Word who created the heavens and earth (2) is Spirit. (3) is God with us in the flesh.

God is One.

Last edited:
I know what the misunderstanding is. People are going back to the birth of Jesus, but if we go back to the beginning, we read that God's spirit covered the waters, and we know who the Word is, don't we.
Yes, not the Holy Spirit which was hovering over the waters.

Actually, Godhead is only truly in Scripture once and it refers to Jesus' Father being the head of Jesus, just as Jesus is the head of the man and the man is head of the woman.

The other two uses of Godhead in modern Bibles is faulty. The original wording there was divine nature. Nothing whatsoever to do with a trinity at all.
Actually, there is no word "Godhead" anywhere in the Greek. Also, most of the modern Bibles, at least the main, respectable one, do not use the word even once--not the ESV, HCSB, LEB, NASB, NIV, NRSV. Only the NKJV, which isn't surprising, uses it twice.

I don’t use commentary to undermine the validity of scripture.
If you have one single year of personal Bible study under your belt, you've heard of the Johannine Comma.

I guess we're getting to know who is who here.

Good.

(1) The Word who created the heavens and earth (2) is Spirit. (3) is God with us in the flesh.

God is One.
Praises.

God (Jesus Christ) is a spirit.
John 4:24
Romans 8:9-11

God is one person.

In the beginning was the Son, and the Son was with the Father and the Son was the Father.
John 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back