Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we all thank you for your opinion. You seem to like to add drama but nothing but judgments of others in regard to the discussion. Maybe you need your own forum.
Your thread discussion can only create debate/strife, contention.

It is not unity, which is what Jesus Christ is, to know He ( God) died for us and rose again, so we live risen with Him from this dead world of vain talkers.

I show how you do not have any answers for your claims, it is easy to answer you on your own doctrine.

But the point all on the forum must have is, whatever can only be for the benefit of debate only, is the most thing to avoid.

Beliefs cant be forced on others, it is a separate denominational belief only.

Needs to go to where you can talk about it happily, all day long any way you like when it is your own ways, not for others.

It is not theology when it is a doctrine of a separated denomination.....

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

It does not bother me for trinity believers, as nothing bothers me in this wicked world, but just so long as I am testifying.

We did know Christ in the flesh, now just Spirit. ( the Father and Son are that Spirit, nobody dwells in Christ apart from Christ dwelling in there also.)

God was manifest in the flesh then received up ( back to glory which He had form the beginning) to glory.

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Who is the Lord/King of glory?

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Psalm 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

Psalm 24:10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Jesus and I have this in common. We have the one and same God. From what you posted the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father,

Whose throne?
And according to this we will have a place on Jesus's throne.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And we will have authority over the nations.

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations27that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’ —just as I have received authority from my Father

Why does a coeternal coequal person of the God head have a need to receive authority?

If Jesus always was and always was God how did He become the Son who has a God and Father?
Whose Deity lives in Jesus?
The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
From the Will of another
In Him it did please all the fullness to dwell. So I believe and state Jesus is all that the Father is. God, and there is a union between Father and Son in that One Deity. They are one.

I believe the mind of the Spirit is the Mind of the Father and do not view the Spirit as having a distinct mind and will from the Father as another person. But that it is the Fathers Spirit and therefore has the Fathers nature "Deity" The Spirit of God.
Adam is our father.

Your thread discussion can only create debate/strife, contention.

It is not unity, which is what Jesus Christ is, to know He ( God) died for us and rose again, so we live risen with Him from this dead world of vain talkers.
If you have anything in regard to the topic to discuss let me know. All I see is your judgments of others.
I have no further desire to go back and forth with you in regard to your message of judgment.
Peace

Be wise everyone, why discuss with threads that can only be for their own doctrinal beliefs and which cannot avoid debate ?

Read the verses above, we are commanded to be of the same mind and judgement, that is how there is peace in Christ and not their stated words of peace. ( peace spoken but mischeif in their hearts)

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

How do you state so in this context?
Jesus-And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
We are the children of God by adoption, while Jesus is the Son of God by birth, born of the Spirit.

How do you state so in this context?
Jesus-And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
The Jews though God is their Father, but without faith they are unaware that Abraham is the beginning example of faith to follow. ( father) so they who speak of God it is apparent they cant understand HIs speech. ( without faith they are of their father, the devil.)

John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Guys wisen up, we are reminded to love in deed and truth not in word ( texting) and tongue.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Be wise everyone, why discuss with threads that can only be for their own doctrinal beliefs and which cannot avoid debate ?

Read the verses above, we are commanded to be of the same mind and judgement, that is how there is peace in Christ and not their stated words of peace. ( peace spoken but mischeif in their hearts)

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
Let us be wise, and not allow the opposer entry into the presence of the Lord's children, so that he may divide and conquer.

We are the children of God by adoption, while Jesus is the Son of God by birth, born of the Spirit.
Those God calls His children.
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God

Not sure how "Adam" comes into play. I am sure how Christ is involved.

The Jews though God is their Father, but without faith they are unaware that Abraham is the beginning example of faith to follow. ( father) so they who speak of God it is apparent they cant understand HIs speech. ( without faith they are of their father, the devil.)

John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
I am aware of that but "Jesus" spoke otherwise in His "Do NOT CALL" didn't He?

So does that make Him a liar or those who believe in Him a liar.?

The spirit is life the flesh counts for "nothing"
God formed my spirit - hence Heavenly "Father"

The Son has dwelt in the Father and the Father in the Son always

John 1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Why then did Jesus testify? The one who gave, (The Father) and the one received, (the Son) at some point in history.
John 17-22-23
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

In fact we also read from the will of another at a point in history that I would state was before the world began. In fact the church sees Jesus begotten of the Father before all worlds. The fullness was gifted not formed. Just as they see the Father unbegotten.
Col 1:19 vs 1:20 makes clear whose will
From the will of another.
Col 1:19
Because in Him it did please all the fullness to dwell
Col 1:20
And by Him to reconcile all things to "Himself" having made peace by the blood of the cross of Him through Him whether the things of the earth or the things in the heavens.
Greatly Implied by the will of the Father As in God was pleased or the Father was pleased

In regard to the same Spirit Jesus spoke of another advocate who the Father would send in His name.
So if its His Spirit how is it another as Jesus stated?
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" not our spirit
How does Jesus state the "Father" is living in Him if they are the one and same Spirit? For the Father in heaven would have to be living in Jesus by His Spirit.

Fathers promise-In the last days I will pour out "My Spirit..." Not another but His own
Acts 2 the Spirit Jesus sent He received from the Father and elsewhere Jesus stated the Father would send the Spirit in His name.

The Father is Deity in Himself and the Deity doesn't live in Him as another nor is there a need for He is that Deity.
The fullness of the Deity was pleased to dwell in Jesus. Col 1:19 -gifted and from the will of another. As in all the good gifts Jesus received they are from the Father. What we received from God was given through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus and I have this in common. We have the one and same God. From what you posted the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father,

Whose throne?
And according to this we will have a place on Jesus's throne.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And we will have authority over the nations.

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations27that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’ —just as I have received authority from my Father

Why does a coeternal coequal person of the God head have a need to receive authority?
Maybe it's how they are co-equal; example "Love"
Just because one may have the ability to have or take authority doesn't mean they have to.
Especially if they share in the same goal.

The husband is to be the head of the house. But, you and I may find that in all hoseholds this is not the case.

Having a place in goals, sometimes mean people have to play different parts.

While, Jesus could have came down from the cross,
He submitted to His father Will instead.
Subordination does not mean one is not co-equal in, as my example, the power of Love.

If Jesus always was and always was God how did He become the Son who has a God and Father?
Hard to understand what you are asking.
But let me try anyway.
-
Jesus also said restore to me the Glory while I was yet with you before the world begin (don't quote me; dqm)

To understand this even a tiny, maybe one would have to understand the soul and the spirit of a man.

But, I'll take a turn at it:

The word became flesh
Because Jesus's Mother was Mary
and His father was God.

There is a place in Genesis where it says "who will go down for us". Also God made man in His image. In the image of God He made man male and female.

If the effects of intamcy between physical parents produces children, I wonder about the Spiritual.

Genesis 3 another place He uses the term "us"

Whose Deity lives in Jesus?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by diety
-do you mean whose nature? Let me try to answer your question with a question. Who is the Father and mother of Jesus?
The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
Yet, Jesus also said that His father never left Him alone, because He always did what pleased Him
From the Will of another
In Him it did please all the fullness to dwell.

The fullness of? And why. ^^^^^^^^
So I believe and state Jesus is all that the Father is. God, and there is a union between Father and Son in that One Deity. They are one.
So are you saying they have the same will, when Jesus submitted Himself under the father's?
Did Jesus asked the father if you would could you remove this cup from me?(dqm) But not my will but yours? How does that play out in your statement when You say: "Jesus is all that the Father is."
I believe the mind of the Spirit is the Mind of the Father and do not view the Spirit as having a distinct mind
Shoot, I guess One would have to prove God had a mind first. Explain how they had the same will when Jesus said not my will but yours. Recall Jesus submitted Himself under His father's will
and will from the Father as another person. But that it is the Fathers Spirit and therefore has the Fathers nature "Deity" The Spirit of God.
I can't see that because of what I wrote above.
Good Mornting Randy,
I still need to grasp earlier what ya wrote so I can participate in a more informed way.

But I did see a question I may be able to shed some light on.

Last edited:
Maybe it's how they are co-equal; example "Love"
Just because one may have the ability to have or take authority doesn't mean they have to.
Especially if they share in the same goal.

The husband is to be the head of the house. But, you and I may find that in all hoseholds this is nor the case.

Having a place in goals, sometimes mean people have to play different parts.

While, Jesus could have came down from the cross,
He submitted to His father Will instead.
Subordination does not mean one is not co-equal in, as my example, the power of Love.

Hard to understand what you are asking.
But let me try anyway.
-
Jesus also said restore to me the Glory while I was yet with you before the world begin (don't quote me; dqm)

To understand this even a tiny, maybe one would have to understand the soul and the spirit of a man.

But, I'll take a turn at it:

The word became flesh
Because Jesus's Mother was Mary
and His father was God.

There is a place in Genesis where it says "who will go down for us". Also God made man in His image. In the image of God He made man male and female.

If the effects of intamcy between physical parents produces children, I wonder about the Spiritual.

Genesis 3 another place He uses the term "us"

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by diety
-do you mean whose nature? Let me try to answer your question with a question. Who is the Father and mother of Jesus?

Yet, Jesus also said that His father never left Him alone, because He always did what pleased Him

The fullness of? And why. ^^^^^^^^

So are you saying they have the same will, when Jesus submitted Himself under the father's?
Did Jesus asked the father if you would could you remove this cup from me? But not my will but yours? How does that play out in your statement when You say: "Jesus is all that the Father is."

Shoot, I guess One would prove God had a mind first. Explain how they had the same will when Jesus said not my will but yours. Recall Jesus submitted Himself under His father's will

I can't see that because of what I wrote above.
Good Mornting Randy,
I still need to grasp earlier what ya wrote so I can participate in a more informed way.

But I did see a question I may be able to shed some light on.
I guess I will define what I see as a person. Someone who has there own, mind, will, spirit.
I don't see the Spirit of God having another distinct mind and will from the Father. Your certainly free to believe otherwise and it my be better for you as it is stated God the Spirit. But I have read whose Spirit Jesus was anointed with and the Fathers declaration of pouring out His Spirit in the last days. I don't see the Spirit acting on His own authority but by the will of the mind of the Spirit and speaking what only what He hears. Interceding for us according to the will of the mind of God. Jesus stated they will all be taught by God as in those who listen to the "Father" and learn from "Him". Then you have the statements one God the Father, One Lord Jesus Christ nothing in regard to the Spirit and to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb but nothing in regard to the Spirit and the Kingdoms of the whole world will become the Kingdom of God and His Christ with nothing in regard to the Spirit. You have the New Jerusalem with both God and Jesus dwelling but nothing in regard to the Spirit.

So if the Spirit is a person of the Godhead where is His honor?

I believe Jesus is all that the Father is the imprint of Gods very being but though heaven and earth move according to the commands of the Son even so He abides in the framework of the Fathers will. He always does what pleases the Father. The Father will do all that He is pleased to do and has no need to keep to another's will. So though Jesus is the very image of the invisible God the Father who exalted His Son is greater.

Thanks for purposely generalizing to an entire chapter.

Hebrews chapter 5 says nowhere that Jesus had to "learn" obedience.

Would you like to qualify your claim with any other verses from anywhere in the Bible or are we done here?

You misunderstand. Of course the Trinity is supported in scripture. With the omnipresent One God, all things are possible, and simply put, the word 'not' denies His greatness.
You have not supported that position in this thread so you are being dishonest here.

Again, nothing in the three options for this thread poll have any basis on anything "others are saying" on this Forum so you are being vague and evasive in your explanation for why you will not choose one of the three main poll options.

You have made your deceptive purposes here obvious for all to see.

There is no need to pull teeth with you any further on the matter.

Randy and others, if you think your discussion somehow is wisdom, continue, but it is nothing at all to do with Christ and Him crucified, so I know it wont be shown to be wisdom at all. ( the wisdom of God, not the world, is preaching of Christ crucified.)
It has everything to do with Christ crucified, since we have to believe in the Christ of the Bible. Or do you think we can believe whatever we want about Jesus?

Every one joined to forums picks a topic they think is good to talk about for years non stop, it is no excuse for not leaving all of that vanity behind and to begin the walk instead. ( leaving all to follow Christ)
One can do both.

Here is advice for trinity/trinitarian belief, go to a trinitarian forum.
Look at the Statement of Faith—this is a Trinitarian forum.

But, I can give this challenge, you will find no differences in the FATHER and the SON, BECAUSE WE ARE NO MEANT TO BELIEVE IN ANY.
Other than a father is never his own son nor a son his own father.

Thanks for purposely generalizing to an entire chapter
The post I wrote to Randy was really for Randy.
And I wrote it trying to see how I could dive into a discussion I did not properly undetsand.

With that said. Good Mornting to you :)
I hope your day is going great.
Hebrews chapter 5 says nowhere that Jesus had to "learn" obedience.
Try reading it again, hope you find it. If not you can always do a google search.
Would you like to qualify your claim with any other verses from anywhere in the Bible or are we done here?
my claim of what- that the scriptures said Jesus learned obedience through the things He suffered?

I don't know you but there is a real person who has real feelings behind these written words.
If there is a reason I made you come off unkindly I am sorry. But honestly I'm just not into someone disturbing my peace because I gave them a chapter to find what I was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back