Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's how they are co-equal; example "Love"
Just because one may have the ability to have or take authority doesn't mean they have to.
Especially if they share in the same goal.

The husband is to be the head of the house. But, you and I may find that in all hoseholds this is not the case.

Having a place in goals, sometimes mean people have to play different parts.

While, Jesus could have came down from the cross,
He submitted to His father Will instead.
Subordination does not mean one is not co-equal in, as my example, the power of Love.

Hard to understand what you are asking.
But let me try anyway.
-
Jesus also said restore to me the Glory while I was yet with you before the world begin (don't quote me; dqm)

To understand this even a tiny, maybe one would have to understand the soul and the spirit of a man.

But, I'll take a turn at it:

The word became flesh
Because Jesus's Mother was Mary
and His father was God.

There is a place in Genesis where it says "who will go down for us". Also God made man in His image. In the image of God He made man male and female.

If the effects of intamcy between physical parents produces children, I wonder about the Spiritual.

Genesis 3 another place He uses the term "us"

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by diety
-do you mean whose nature? Let me try to answer your question with a question. Who is the Father and mother of Jesus?

Yet, Jesus also said that His father never left Him alone, because He always did what pleased Him

The fullness of? And why. ^^^^^^^^

So are you saying they have the same will, when Jesus submitted Himself under the father's?
Did Jesus asked the father if you would could you remove this cup from me?(dqm) But not my will but yours? How does that play out in your statement when You say: "Jesus is all that the Father is."

Shoot, I guess One would have to prove God had a mind first. Explain how they had the same will when Jesus said not my will but yours. Recall Jesus submitted Himself under His father's will

I can't see that because of what I wrote above.
Good Mornting Randy,
I still need to grasp earlier what ya wrote so I can participate in a more informed way.

But I did see a question I may be able to shed some light on.
Can you please cast your vote in the poll?

It takes half a second and it helps the purpose of this thread.

Thank you.

The post I wrote to Randy was really for Randy.
And I wrote it trying to see how I could dive into a discussion I did not properly undetsand.

With that said. Good Mornting to you :)
I hope your day is going great.

Try reading it again, hope you find it. If not you can always do a google search.

my claim of what- that the scriptures said Jesus learned obedience through the things He suffered?

I don't know you but there is a real person who has real feelings behind these written words.
If there is a reason I made you come off unkindly I am sorry. But honestly I'm just not into someone disturbing my peace because I gave them a chapter to find what I was referring to.
You don't know anybody here. It's called the internet. If you believe that you do, you are mistaken.

You need to qualify claims made about God and the Bible with specific Scripture. That's how this works on a Christian Discussion Forum.

If you are going to claim that Jesus had to learn how to be obedient, which is completely untrue and unbiblical, you are obligated to show specific verses/passages from the Bible that support that claim.

If you want to continue dodging my request to produce that information, then you are admitting that you made it up.

The Bible is extremely important to many people here. We spend many years of our lives studying the sacred Words of God. It is very important that we know everything that it teaches. When we are told that it teaches something we have never seen in Scripture, it is critical that we know exactly where that teaching is found.

The trinity is taught exactly nowhere in Scripture. For you, or anybody else, to claim that it is and charge people to just go google the information is very disrespectful to this thread and to all who are participating.

If you have a claim to make about Jesus Christ, you need to be ready and willing to support that claim with specific Scripture.

You misunderstand. Of course the Trinity is supported in scripture. With the omnipresent One God, all things are possible, and simply put, the word 'not' denies His greatness.
If you reject the word “not,” which is only used to show the biblical, ontological distinction between the three persons, then you cannot say "Of course the Trinity is supported in scripture." To reject the idea that the three persons have always existed, that it is God's nature, is to reject the doctrine of the Trinity. You cannot redefine the word “Trinity” how you want.

If you reject the word “not,” which is only used to show the biblical, ontological distinction between the three persons, then you cannot say "Of course the Trinity is supported in scripture." To reject the idea that the three persons have always existed, that it is God's nature, is to reject the doctrine of the Trinity. You cannot redefine the word “Trinity” how you want.
Neither can you.

Neither can you.
If you would go back and read my posts, you would easily see that I'm not. I define it as it is and has been defined for hundreds of years. To reject the distinction of persons and say there is only one person who appears as three, is to redefine what is meant by "Trinity," so that it isn't at all the Trinity.

If you have something in common with Jesus, then you like Jesus know, only He knows the Father, nobody else knows, and He knows because He is the same. ( is Him)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Matthews 11:27 doesn't mean Jesus is God. Jesus said at John 20:17 that he has a Father and God who is his apostles and disciples Father and God. So Jesus is not saying he is the Father and God of his apostles and disciples.

Matthews 11:27 doesn't mean Jesus is God. Jesus said at John 20:17 that he has a Father and God who is his apostles and disciples Father and God. So Jesus is not saying he is the Father and God of his apostles and disciples.
"He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: He that cometh from heaven is above all."
John 3:31

Jesus came from above. He is above ALL.

All means ALL.

It is not possible that He was simply a man.

There are hordes of people today who are desperately striving to prove that Jesus was/is not God. They don't stand a chance against the plain Scriptures. They only hope that people don't know their Bibles as that is the only way these lies will be believed by anybody.

If you would go back and read my posts, you would easily see that I'm not. I define it as it is and has been defined for hundreds of years. To reject the distinction of persons and say there is only one person who appears as three, is to redefine what is meant by "Trinity," so that it isn't at all the Trinity.
You define it "as it is"? It must be nice to be infallible!

Replace 'not' with the word 'is,' and we have the Triniune God. God is our heavenly Father. God is Spirit, and God is our Saviour whose name on earth is Jesus.

Replace 'not' with the word 'is,' and we have the Triniune God. God is our heavenly Father. God is Spirit, and God is our Saviour whose name on earth is Jesus.
No, we don't. Again, you are defining things the way you want to define them, which is erroneous and misleading. You believe in Oneness, which is just a modern form of Modalism, not Trinitarianism, by definition. You simply cannot define things the way you want. Why is it so important for you that people think you're Trinitarian?

Cults like JWs and Mormons use the same tactic to appear Christian when they are not, although they are purposely deceptive. Many unbelievers define "God" in their own terms and say they believe in God. But they certainly don't mean the God of the Bible.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/triune

No, we don't. Again, you are defining things the way you want to define them, which is erroneous and misleading. You believe in Oneness, which is just a modern form of Modalism, not Trinitarianism, by definition. You simply cannot define things the way you want. Why is it so important for you that people think you're Trinitarian?

Cults like JWs and Mormons use the same tactic to appear Christian when they are not, although they are purposely deceptive. Many unbelievers define "God" in their own terms and say they believe in God. But they certainly don't mean the God of the Bible.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/triune
I read you and inwardly weep.

There is ONE God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus is both man and God with us in the flesh.

Sometimes he spoke as a man, and other times he healed the sick, something only God can do.

The word 'not' as in the Son is not the Father, divides God into three persons, and God cannot be divided.
No, it doesn't divide; it makes the proper biblical distinction between the three persons of the triune God.

No reason to weep. I believe there is one God; all Trinitarians do.
One god who is three people.

Why do trinitarians disguise their multiplicity of persons with god being one?

Are they ashamed of it?

"Well, he is three persons, BUT, BUT, BUT ... he's just one god!"

Why all the desperate explaining that he is just one god?

The definition of the trinity is that god is three people. A multiple god. Trinitarians should just own that their god is plural and not be so ashamed of it.

"He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: He that cometh from heaven is above all."
John 3:31

Jesus came from above. He is above ALL.

All means ALL.

It is not possible that He was simply a man.

There are hordes of people today who are desperately striving to prove that Jesus was/is not God. They don't stand a chance against the plain Scriptures. They only hope that people don't know their Bibles as that is the only way these lies will be believed by anybody.
You can continue denying scriptures like John 17:3, and John 20:17 which show us that Jesus wasn't saying he was God or the Father and God of his apostles and disciples. Instead he was showing us that the person he prayed to, the person he said was his Father and God was his apostles Father and God.

One god who is three people.

Why do trinitarians disguise their multiplicity of persons with god being one?

Are they ashamed of it?
They don't. There is one God, one substance, who exists as three coequal, co-eternal, divine persons. So, by definition, there is no disguising.

"Well, he is three persons, BUT, BUT, BUT ... he's just one god!"

Why all the desperate explaining that he is just one god?
Because God reveals that he is the only true God. It's just being biblical.

The definition of the trinity is that god is three people. A multiple god. Trinitarians should just own that their god is plural and not be so ashamed of it.
No, by definition, there is only one God. Again, this is about be true to all that God reveals about himself in Scripture. And that is a plurality within the one God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back