Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you continue to twist scripture as you're doing. Like I said trinitarians don't care what God inspired men to write down.
Be careful as you are violating the ToS with those statements. Not to mention that such comments are useless and get us nowhere, since anyone could claim that about any other person or position they disagree with. And, they are patently false.

The context that you ignore is very clear.
And be careful with statements such as this, when you are ignoring much context yourself. This is evident by your persistence in not addressing the 5 points I gave. Those are fairly crucial to gaining a full understanding of what is being said.

What “mind”? To ‘think it not robbery to be equal with God’? No, that would be just the opposite of the point being made!
Properly understood, it is the supreme example of the point being made.

Rather, Jesus, who ‘esteemed God as better than himself,’ would never ‘grasp for equality with God,’ but instead he “humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death.”
That example of humility of Jesus the Philippians were to follow.
If Jesus isn’t truly God, if he was just a created being, then for him to esteem “God as better than himself” isn’t an example of humility, it’s just recognizing his proper place as a creature. All believers know there proper place before God. Your understanding falls short and doesn’t really explain any humility in Jesus’s part.

However, as I have stated, there is no greater example of humility that could be conceived than that of God, the Son of God, leaving his position and coming in human flesh to save those who rebelled against him, in obedience to the Father. This is what the context shows to be the case.

Yes; because Jesus rose to fill all things; to even exist outside of time. So, He is co-eternal with the Father.
You’re trying to argue both ways, but it won’t work. You can’t take what happened prior to the incarnation, as I have given, and make it apply post-incarnation, when you then argue below that “Jesus was the Father prior to his incarnation.” There has never been a time when the Father and the Son were not co-eternal.

However, He was not eternally begotten; but in the incarnation (Luke 1:35); and Jesus was the Father prior to His incarnation.
John 1:1 and numerous passages in the NT make it impossible that Jesus was the Father.

You’re trying to argue both ways, but it won’t work. You can’t take what happened prior to the incarnation, as I have given, and make it apply post-incarnation, when you then argue below that “Jesus was the Father prior to his incarnation.” There has never been a time when the Father and the Son were not co-eternal.

John 1:1 and numerous passages in the NT make it impossible that Jesus was the Father.
Are you sure the pre-incarnate Jesus is not the Father, aka the Word?

Are you sure the pre-incarnate Jesus is not the Father, aka the Word?
Yes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.

Last edited:
Yes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.
Why have you omitted the last part of verse 1? "And the Word was God."
John 1:1

Right, which I haven't denied, as it is probably the best rendering. My point was the definition of "begotten," or rather, monogenes is what is important.
Col 1-15-20
He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; 16 for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. 19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

The Him is the Firstborn

The Fullness that was pleased to dwell in Him gifted by the will of another not Formed.

The only begotten God who was with the Father in the beginning and through whom God created.

Hebrews 1:6​

When "God" brings the "Firstborn" into the world He commands all His angels to bow to Him.
Hebrews 12:23
The Church of the Firstborn

The Father from whom all things came and by His will they all was created. The one who created through the Firstborn.

Rev 4:11
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.
Jesus always refers to His Father in speaking of God, His God as He states
The "beginning" of the creation of the Father
Rev 3:14

“And to the angel of the church in La-odice′a write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation.
We know who Jesus received from. His God and Our God His Father and Our Father
Hebrews 1

In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has obtained is more excellent than theirs.

Col 1-15-20
He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; 16 for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. 19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

The Him is the Firstborn

The Fullness that was pleased to dwell in Him gifted by the will of another not Formed.

The only begotten God who was with the Father in the beginning and through whom God created.

Hebrews 1:6​

When "God" brings the "Firstborn" into the world He commands all His angels to bow to Him.
Hebrews 12:23
The Church of the Firstborn

The Father from whom all things came and by His will they all was created. The one who created through the Firstborn.

Rev 4:11
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.
Jesus always refers to His Father in speaking of God, His God as He states
The "beginning" of the creation of the Father
Rev 3:14

“And to the angel of the church in La-odice′a write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation.
We know who Jesus received from. His God and Our God His Father and Our Father
Hebrews 1

In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has obtained is more excellent than theirs.
Firstborn means eminent, the most important person, the head of a family. I am the first born, and the only one. I feel very privileged. (All the angels bow down to Him i.e. God.)

Last edited:
I believe all that is written of Him.

Do you believe?

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Isaiah 43:3

May God bless you and your family today.

JLB

Firstborn means eminent, the most important person, the head of a family. I am the first born, and the only one. I feel very privileged. (All the angels bow down to Him i.e. God.)
If you believed and sought to ask the one we believe in you would know with "certainty" that Jesus is Gods Firstborn and has always been the Son and that is the correct reading of "the firstborn of all creation"

All things came from the Father and by His will not Jesus. All things came through Jesus. So the Father is the most important. (greatest)

This is not coeternal as it took place at some point in History before the world began by the will of another.
Col 1:19

Hebrews 1 Jesus received from the Father, the words He spoke, all authority, the inheritance of all things, and a name superior to the angels of God. And it was the Father through Him who created.

Do you believe?

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

May God bless you and your family today.

JLB
Do you believe?
Jude
To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
1 corth 8:6

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Jesus-John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

As Jesus has stated "It is also written.."

I believe ALL that is written of Him. I believe in Him and I do not pray to and worship a any man.

Do you believe?

You said you believe all scripture.

Here are three scriptures.

Do you believe Jesus Christ is our great God and Savior?

I’ll answer first; Yes Jesus Christ is our great God and Savior.

What is your answer?

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and SaviorJesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

JLB

If you believed and sought to ask the one we believe in you would know with "certainty" that Jesus is Gods Firstborn and has always been the Son and that is the correct reading of "the firstborn of all creation"

All things came from the Father and by His will not Jesus. All things came through Jesus. So the Father is the most important. (greatest)

This is not coeternal as it took place at some point in History before the world began by the will of another.
Col 1:19

Hebrews 1 Jesus received from the Father, the words He spoke, all authority, the inheritance of all things, and a name superior to the angels of God. And it was the Father through Him who created.
You have it wrong, and I would ask you not to do the same to Jesus and deny him, the same as the Scribes and Pharisees did.

You said you believe all scripture.

Here are three scriptures.

Do you believe Jesus Christ is our great God and Savior?

I’ll answer first; Yes Jesus Christ is our great God and Savior.

What is your answer?

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and SaviorJesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

JLB
I said I believe all that is written of Him. I look at it "all".
My answer isn't going to change. The Deity in Jesus is not His own. It is the Father. You should see the Father is the one who glorifies "His" Son.

You have it wrong, and I would ask you not to do the same to Jesus and deny him, like the Scribes and Pharisees did to him.
People have been stating to you over and over the person of the Father is not the person of the Son. And you refuse to believe and you disagree with me? I am not wrong nor am I a liar. Jesus has always been the Son. He is Gods firstborn and it is the Fathers Deity that lives in Him. The Deity of the only true God. His God and our God. His Father and our Father. The one who is greater than Him.

And I tell you the Son who was, His spirit, was in the body His God prepared for Him.
Hebrews 10:5
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;
Luke 23:46
Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

People have been stating to you over and over the person of the Father is not the person of the Son. And you refuse to believe and you disagree with me? I am not wrong nor am I a liar. Jesus has always been the Son. He is Gods firstborn and it is the Fathers Deity that lives in Him. The Deity of the only true God. His God and our God. His Father and our Father. The one who is greater than Him.

And I tell you the Son who was, His spirit, was in the body His God prepared for Him.
Hebrews 10:5
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;
Luke 23:46
Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
It's about who Jesus, was before he came down from heaven's glory. Now he is preparing a place for us. Anyway, I come onto the forums for Christian fellowship, and I am not getting any, so I need to say goodbye to you.

Last edited:
It's about who Jesus, was before he came down from heaven's glory. Now he is preparing a place for us. Anyway, I come onto the forums for Christian fellowship, and I am not getting any, so I need to say goodbye to you.
I believe Jesus is all that the Father is and is God as stated.
Again I would state that me or others are not responsible for your discomfort or what you do.

Its not hard to see God is as Jesus taught. He is Gods "Son" and has always been the Son.
It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ d Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.
You state the word but they weren't His words.
“I have revealed you a to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them.

Whose words- Gods
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.

I would state to you its the Fathers Deity not their Deity and the Father is that Deity in Himself as opposed to "Lives" in Him.
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

And it was by His will that it dwells in His Firstborn
For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

Paul does not mean,

That at the name of journeyman and BB1956, every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

He means,

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Phil.2:10

See. You think the forebearance our Lord and Master showed is because he's less than God. The truth is, he shows the forebearance of God himself.
You're the one denying what God actually inspired Paul to write down at Philippians 2:3-6. Because God inspired Paul to write down at Philippians 2:3-6 that God's only begotten Son Jesus Christ even though his only begotten Son was in his God's form His only begotten Son never thought he was equal to God. So I'm bowing to YHWH God and his only begotten Son Jesus Christ by agreeing with what God actually inspired Paul to write down, you're not. You're saying something completely opposite than what God inspired to be written down.

That's not correct though, because you're saying that Paul was telling the Philippian christians to consider it not robbery for them to be equal to God. See Paul is telling the Philippian christians to have the same mind Jesus has in verse six. So you know Paul isn't telling the Philippian christians to think it not wrong for them to think they're equal to God
No.

You're saying that.

I'm declaring exactly what the Bible says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back