Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you ignore 100% of what doesn't fit your fixation.

This is NOT the same person
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.

I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”
I don't ignore anything in the Bible, and that's exactly the point I'm making.

The few verses that you can extract to make your point do not contradict the full weight of Scripture as a whole.

If the full weight of the Bible's teachings, and the story that is the foundation thereof, were to contradict the idea that Jesus is God, I would easily embrace that. What do I have to gain by denying what the Bible teaches?

I embrace fully what the Bible teaches and, when taken in its entirety, it teaches that God is one person and Jesus Christ is that God.

And those who agree with this scripture being translated that way, completely ignore what is said in Philippians 2:3-5 and I'm not going to ignore Philippians 2:3-5. I told you I'm going to ignore scripture as you want me to.
I don't, nor do I have any reason to, ignore any Scripture.

I take it as a whole, I accept it for what it says, and the message flows together perfectly from Genesis to Revelation.

When taken as you, and others, would have it taken, it has all kinds of problems.

There are countless verses that don't make any sense in the grand scheme of Scripture if Jesus is not God. It just is what it is.

And what are the next four words of that verse?

You can't dissect the verse to suit your purposes.
Strange language for just "one" person
The Jesus that existed who was "with" the Father was sent.
They were Gods words yet not Jesus's words.

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets. 2 But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word.

How can from whom all things came and through whom all things came be the same person? Both would have to be together at the beginning for that to make any reasonable sense. Its a testimony of Father and Son
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

I don't ignore anything in the Bible, and that's exactly the point I'm making.

The few verses that you can extract to make your point do not contradict the full weight of Scripture as a whole.

If the full weight of the Bible's teachings, and the story that is the foundation thereof, were to contradict the idea that Jesus is God, I would easily embrace that. What do I have to gain by denying what the Bible teaches?

I embrace fully what the Bible teaches and, when taken in its entirety, it teaches that God is one person and Jesus Christ is that God.
Well I certainly didn't write "3" coequal, coeternal, persons sharing one essence.

Strange language for just "one" person
The Jesus that existed who was "with" the Father was sent.
They were Gods words yet not Jesus's words.

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets. 2 But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word.

How can from whom all things came and through whom all things came be the same person? Both would have to be together at the beginning for that to make any reasonable sense. Its a testimony of Father and Son
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
What are the last four words of John 1:1?

I don't, nor do I have any reason to, ignore any Scripture.

I take it as a whole, I accept it for what it says, and the message flows together perfectly from Genesis to Revelation.

When taken as you, and others, would have it taken, it has all kinds of problems.

There are countless verses that don't make any sense in the grand scheme of Scripture if Jesus is not God. It just is what it is.
But a person isn't taking it for what it says, if they're saying verse six of Philippians chapter two is saying Jesus is believing himself equal to God. Anyone who looks at verse six of Philippians chapter two that way is either ignoring Philippians 2:3-5 or believing Paul is saying that the Philippian Christians in Philippians 2:3-5 should follow the example of Jesus Christ by believing they're equal to God, because Jesus he was equal to God is the example they are to follow and Paul wasn't saying that.
A person can't ignore Philippians 2:3-5 because Philippians 2:6 is directly connected to Philippians 2:3-5. So Jesus wasn't believing or teaching or thinking he was equal to God at Philippians 2:6

You're ignoring Scripture as it is written.
No actually you are ignoring Philippians 2:3-5 because Philippians 2:6 is telling the Philippian Christians in Philippians 2:3-5 the example they are to follow concerning humility. I told you I'm not going to ignore Philippians 2:3-5 like you want me to. Keeping Philippians 2:6 connected to Philippians 2:3-5 shows for a fact that Jesus didn't think he was equal to God

You're ignoring Scripture as it is written.
Pot, Kettle, Black
John is cohesive with my beliefs of the Son. So far you continue to ignore scripture I gave because it doesn't fit your fixation. But as I stated the word existed and was with "God" thats more than one.

I do look for more depth elsewhere.
Col 1
He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; 16 for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. 19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross

Hebrews 1
In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has obtained is more excellent than theirs.

I would think it has more relevance then you. Do they have a different bible?
Jesus is depicted as someone who was "with" the Father in the beginning. Not the Father.
Your continued refusal to answer such a simple question woefully discredits your position.

What are the last four words of John 1:1, Randy?

The last four words.

You can't ignore God's words forever.

What are the last four words of John 1:1?
Again you ignore what I gave because it doesn't fit your fixation. Your blinded. The Father did not create through Himself. He created through His son.
Not the same person. vs 3 as in Col 1 - the image of the invisible God Vs 2 God created by Him, through Him, In Him, for Him

In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has obtained is more excellent than theirs.

So we know from John, Col, and Hebrews
Jesus is the firstborn of all creation, the image of the invisible God, He reflects the glory of God and is the imprint of Gods very being.
The fullness was pleased to dwell in Him.- from the will of another
In Him, by Him, through Him, and for Him God created - For Him and through Him speaks of another.

We know from Jesus
He came from above
The Father is His God and Father
The Father is the only true God
The message wasn't His own but from the One who set Him.
He gave us the words the Father gave Him to give to us.

They weren't Jesus's words but they were Gods words.

Your continued refusal to answer such a simple question woefully discredits your position.

What are the last four words of John 1:1, Randy?

The last four words.

You can't ignore God's words forever.
Why don't you just post them. I look at everything. The Father is not His Son. I am very far from alone in what you state is "my" position.

Why don't you just post them. I look at everything. The Father is not His Son.
You know exactly what those words are and it bothers you SO deeply that you can't make them go away, or explain them away, that you can't even bring yourself to type them out.

That's called kicking at the goads and stubbornly refusing the Truth.

Why don't you just post them. I look at everything. The Father is not His Son. I am very far from alone in what you state is "my" position.
The Father is not His Son (that is true)...for the Father exists in eternity as a Spirit without flesh and the Son is in the flesh.

However the Son is the Father (for the Spirit dwelling within the Son is the Father, Isaiah 9:6; John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11) come in flesh.

For the talkers, God is light, love, life, and righteousness, all the things they show words, are not. ( in the comments on forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back