Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If God created through the Son how is that the same "person"?
If God is the Creator,
Isaiah 41:20
Isaiah 42:5
Isaiah 43:7
Isaiah 43:15
Isaiah 44:24
Isaiah 45:7
Isaiah 45:11-12, 18
... and Jesus is the Creator,
John 1:3
... how is that not the same person?
If Jesus sat down "with" His Father on "His" Fathers throne how is that the same person?
There is only one throne.
If Jesus is one witness who testifies about Himself and the Father is the other witness that testifies about Him how is that the same person?
One is God in the flesh and the other is God in pure spirit. As I've stated repeatedly, God is omnipresent. Jer. 23:24 He can do that.
If "God" exalted Jesus to "His" right hand how is that the same person?
Because it's a symbolic vision and not literal. The right hand is the power of God Almighty. God Almighty is pure spirit. Jesus is the flesh, physical, man who He indwelled from the womb. They're not two people, but one.
If the Father states He is Jesus's God and Jesus states the Father is His God how is that the same person?
The Father also states that Jesus is His God.
Heb. 1:8

Don't conveniently leave that out.

Jesus and the Father are the same individual spirit person.

What does the Bible tell us Jesus is?
1 Cor. 15:45

And what does the Bible tell us God is?
John 4:24

Exactly correct.

Apparently everybody in this thread thinks that, including myself, and we are over 1000 posts.
You very clearly are not saying what the Bible says, you just wrote multiple posts, with multiple paragraphs that totally re-wrote the passage you were discussing about Jesus making Himself equal with God.

Let's be a bit more honest.

If God is the Creator,
Isaiah 41:20
Isaiah 42:5
Isaiah 43:7
Isaiah 43:15
Isaiah 44:24
Isaiah 45:7
Isaiah 45:11-12, 18
... and Jesus is the Creator,
John 1:3
... how is that not the same person?

There is only one throne.

One is God in the flesh and the other is God in pure spirit. As I've stated repeatedly, God is omnipresent. Jer. 23:24 He can do that.

Because it's a symbolic vision and not literal. The right hand is the power of God Almighty. God Almighty is pure spirit. Jesus is the flesh, physical, man who He indwelled from the womb. They're not two people, but one.

The Father also states that Jesus is His God.
Heb. 1:8

Don't conveniently leave that out.

Jesus and the Father are the same individual spirit person.

What does the Bible tell us Jesus is?
1 Cor. 15:45

And what does the Bible tell us God is?
John 4:24

Exactly correct.
Jesus Himself maintains His testimony that the Father is His God. Heb 1:8 is not stating different then Jesus's very own testimony.
And if we read complete context we know "your" testimony that the Father calls Jesus his God is false and He is stating Jesus is God and He is Jesus's God. So while you maintain you state just what the bible states there are differences in the interpretation.

But about the Son he says,

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

You very clearly are not saying what the Bible says, you just wrote multiple posts, with multiple paragraphs that totally re-wrote the passage you were discussing about Jesus making Himself equal with God.

Let's be a bit more honest.
So you are right and everyone else is wrong. NOT!

Jesus Himself maintains His testimony that the Father is His God. Heb 1:8 is not stating different then Jesus's very own testimony.
And if we read complete context we know "your" testimony that the Father calls Jesus his God is false and He is stating Jesus is God and He is Jesus's God. So while you maintain you state just what the bible states there are differences in the interpretation.

But about the Son he says,

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”
It's just reiterating that they're the same person, just as the rest of the Bible makes clear.

It's following its own well-established theme.

Jesus is God's God and God is Jesus' God.

How?

Because they're the same person.

So you are right and everyone else is wrong. NOT!
The Bible is right.

Anyone who does not adhere to that is wrong.

The Bible states the Truth plainly. It doesn't need you, or anyone else, to make complicated restatements of what it has already stated plainly.

God is not the author of confusion.

Okey Doke
Are you seeing the pattern yet in your M.O.?

Every verse/passage that is threatening to your position that Jesus is not God must be re-written by you.

For instance, tell us how you re-write John 1:1.

That's the most plainly written verse proving Jesus is God and it's the number one verse that naysayers attack with all manner of attempts to discredit it.

So how do you go about explaining John 1:1 away?

It will be some form of "Well, it says that, but what it really means is .... "

Are you seeing the pattern yet in your M.O.?

Every verse/passage that is threatening to your position that Jesus is not God must be re-written by you.

For instance, tell us how you re-write John 1:1.

That's the most plainly written verse proving Jesus is God and it's the number one verse that naysayers attack with all manner of attempts to discredit it.

So how do you go about explaining John 1:1 away?

It will be some form of "Well, it says that, but what it really means is .... "
or rather it is also written...
I see a Son who is all that His Father is but is the Son not the Father.
The difference between having all the fullness of the Deity "living" in them rather than being that Deity in Himself.

Such distinctions were not added by me. I read different wills not the same person.
"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
"The one True God and Jesus Christ who you have sent."
"Not my will but your will be done"
"I have not come to do my will but the will of the one who sent me"

God has no need to give Himself authority as to present another. Nor does He receive from any other being nor follow any other will. Rather He does all that He is pleased to do.

You are very hardcore oneness doctrine and I have no desire to debate ad nauseam that the person of the Father is not the person of the Son.

No.

You're saying that.

I'm declaring exactly what the Bible says.
No, you're not saying exactly what Philippians 2:3-6 is saying if you're saying that verse six is saying that Jesus Christ thought himself equal with God. Basically verse six of Philippians chapter two is saying that although Jesus was in God's form he didn't think he was equal to God. Verse six of Philippians chapter two is the example of humility the apostle Paul is saying the Philippian Christians were to follow. Paul wasn't telling the Philippian Christians to think themselves equal to God because that's the example of humility Jesus expressed or thought of himself. Verse five of Philippians chapter two is very clear when it says to the Philippian Christians, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus."
Then verse six of Philippians chapter two gives the mind that was in Jesus Christ.

or rather it is also written...
I see a Son who is all that His Father is but is the Son not the Father.
The difference between having all the fullness of the Deity "living" in them rather than being that Deity in Himself.

Such distinctions were not added by me. I read different wills not the same person.
"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
"The one True God and Jesus Christ who you have sent."
"Not my will but your will be done"
"I have not come to do my will but the will of the one who sent me"

God has no need to give Himself authority as to present another. Nor does He receive from any other being nor follow any other will. Rather He does all that He is pleased to do.

You are very hardcore oneness doctrine and I have no desire to debate ad nauseam that the person of the Father is not the person of the Son.
What is your re-writing of John 1:1?

It is possibly the most plain verse in Scripture declaring Jesus to be God.

No, you're not saying exactly what Philippians 2:3-6 is saying if you're saying that verse six is saying that Jesus Christ thought himself equal with God. Basically verse six of Philippians chapter two is saying that although Jesus was in God's form he didn't think he was equal to God. Verse six of Philippians chapter two is the example of humility the apostle Paul is saying the Philippian Christians were to follow. Paul wasn't telling the Philippian Christians to think themselves equal to God because that's the example of humility Jesus expressed or thought of himself. Verse five of Philippians chapter two is very clear when it says to the Philippian Christians, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus."
Then verse six of Philippians chapter two gives the mind that was in Jesus Christ.
It says Jesus didn't consider it robbery to be equal with God.

Plain and simple.

You are very hardcore oneness doctrine
I am only Oneness to the exact degree that the Bible is Oneness.

I am not Oneness beyond the degree that the Bible is.

I use Scripture to make my cases and do not make claims that are not 100% backed by the Bible.

You're the one denying what God actually inspired Paul to write down at Philippians 2:3-6. Because God inspired Paul to write down at Philippians 2:3-6 that God's only begotten Son Jesus Christ even though his only begotten Son was in his God's form His only begotten Son never thought he was equal to God. So I'm bowing to YHWH God and his only begotten Son Jesus Christ by agreeing with what God actually inspired Paul to write down, you're not. You're saying something completely opposite than what God inspired to be written down.
I'm saying if Jesus appeared to mankind without the vail, every unrepentant sinner on earth would have been burned to ashes. He's not coming back wearing sandals,

the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God 2Thes.1:7-8

What is your re-writing of John 1:1?

It is possibly the most plain verse in Scripture declaring Jesus to be God.
If that was the only thing written of Jesus you might have a case. But I thought The Word was "with" God in the beginning.

Be careful as you are violating the ToS with those statements. Not to mention that such comments are useless and get us nowhere, since anyone could claim that about any other person or position they disagree with. And, they are patently false.

And be careful with statements such as this, when you are ignoring much context yourself. This is evident by your persistence in not addressing the 5 points I gave. Those are fairly crucial to gaining a full understanding of what is being said.

Properly understood, it is the supreme example of the point being made.

If Jesus isn’t truly God, if he was just a created being, then for him to esteem “God as better than himself” isn’t an example of humility, it’s just recognizing his proper place as a creature. All believers know there proper place before God. Your understanding falls short and doesn’t really explain any humility in Jesus’s part.

However, as I have stated, there is no greater example of humility that could be conceived than that of God, the Son of God, leaving his position and coming in human flesh to save those who rebelled against him, in obedience to the Father. This is what the context shows to be the case.
I can read English no matter how much people try to convince me I can't read English. I have a English version of the Bible so I'm not going to ignore what Philippians 2:3-6 is saying because I'm threatened.
Trinitarians have no problem saying JW are not going by the inspired written word of God, but the second a JW says that trinitarians are not going by the inspired written word of God JW don't have the same right trinitarians do.

Philippians 2:6 isn't saying Jesus thought himself equal to God, that's a fact, just like gravity is a fact. People want to ignore this fact when Jesus himself said he didn't think he was equal to God, that's their choice. I recognize they have the right to choose to believe what they choose to believe. But I recognize when they choose to believe that Philippians 2:6 is saying Jesus is saying he's equal to God because I can read English I understand that what they choose to believe about Philippians 2:6 isn't what that scripture is actually saying, so it's my right to disagree with them.
They want to try to convince me by threatening me I don't have the same right as them, they won't convince me of that.

I am only Oneness to the exact degree that the Bible is Oneness.

I am not Oneness beyond the degree that the Bible is.

I use Scripture to make my cases and do not make claims that are not 100% backed by the Bible.
But you ignore 100% of what doesn't fit your fixation.

This is NOT the same person
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.

I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

It says Jesus didn't consider it robbery to be equal with God.

Plain and simple.
And those who agree with this scripture being translated that way, completely ignore what is said in Philippians 2:3-5 and I'm not going to ignore Philippians 2:3-5. I told you I'm going to ignore scripture as you want me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back