Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that is what the Bible says. Each person has different primary roles in the salvation of humans and redemption of creation.

There are finer nuances that shouldn't be overlooked.

Not entirely. There are differences stated.

So what? Just don't bother with this thread then. There are plenty of others you can read and post in.

It certainly can to a point. Otherwise everything God says is unknowable.

No, it isn't. God has revealed himself to us using reasoning and human language, so that we can know some things about him. We just can't know these things completely or exhaustively.

Except that Cooper can't explain the Trinity at all and doesn't believe in the Trinity. Just go back and look at his comments on the diagram that explains the Trinity.
I agree with one thing that you wrote: We just can't know these things completely or exhaustively.

BTW, Cooper does believe in the Trinity. You are clearly maligning the faith of a very serious, devoted Christian. By doing so, aren't you violating the ToS 1.1? "Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views" and ToS 1.4: "Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith."

And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed.
Exodus 3:2
Yes. Agreed.
But then it changes and it seems to be in the 1st person, IOW, God Father speaking.
This is confusing me.
Do you believe this is vitally important?

An Angel speaks for God.
A messenger speaks for God.
An oracle speaks for God.
Father.

If the messenger is seen, then definitely it must be Jesus.

Genesis 22:15 The angel of the LORD called out to Abraham....

Genesis 22:17 The speaking becomes in the 1st person, as if God Father was speaking to Abraham...
I WILL BLESS YOU....
YOU HAVE OBEYED MY VOICE....

Yes, I find this rather confusing.
I'm only sure about the fact that God Father has never been seen.

Of course, that is what the doctrine of the Trinity affirms. There have always been three coequal, co-eternal, consubstantial, divine persons. It is the second person of the Trinity, the Word, the pre-incarnate Son, that was God manifest on earth by virtue of his having become flesh. So, to be clear, Jesus is not the Father--never was and obviously never will be.
That is not what you just said, and what I repeated in post 1,525.

Last edited:
Technically, God is omnipresent so He is in (dwells) everyone... but I think 'dwells' means He is in us to benefit as opposed to He is present.

So, if you are looking for the word "dwell" in verses addressing the Father and Son dwelling in us I only know of:
"Christ's dwelling in our hearts by faith," Ephesians 3:16-17

I don't know of any verse specifically using the term "dwell" and "Father" where the Father dwells in us.
Technically, since the Father and Son are one then if the Son dwells in us so must the Father.
What about John 14:23? (besides Ephesians 3:16..)
See post 1520...

No. For one thing, you left out all the "is nots." That is not being consistent, but I do like what you said earlier.
It is consistent. There should be no reason for me to mention those again every single time. It goes without saying that the doctrine of the Trinity teaches that the Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, nor is the Son the Holy Spirit. I shouldn't have to ever mention that again but everything I say is still consistent with that.

It is consistent. There should be no reason for me to mention those again every single time. It goes without saying that the doctrine of the Trinity teaches that the Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, nor is the Son the Holy Spirit. I shouldn't have to ever mention that again but everything I say is still consistent with that.
To say we worship ONE God, that is awful. In fact, all the 'nots' reduce God to nothing.

I thought you had it right earlier. It went something like this: The Father is Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Spirit, and the Holy Spirit, (the Father), was in Jesus.

Last edited:

Angels are spirits.

Therefore the Angel of the Lord is the Spirit of the Lord... the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JLB

Are you thinking of THE WORD, as in the spoken Word?
If we want to say that Jesus is The Word...we really mean The Logos.
This is more than the spoken word...

The Word.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:7

What else are Angels?

JLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back